ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #23226    
Old November 22nd, 2012 (8:38 PM).
Renegade's Avatar
Renegade Renegade is offline
Time for real life...
     
    Join Date: Nov 2011
    Location: United States
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 998
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hyper Chibi Absol View Post
    My Fiance showed me we had 7Zip so that problem was fixed but when I open the program I get an error message "Subscript out of range" and the program closes. Bleh... Programs don't like me lol
    You should read some previous posts before posting things like this... (Cuz I literally just answered this question)

    All you need to do is go into your XSE folder and open "setting.ini". From there, scroll down until you find the line that says "AdvancedUpdateCheck = 1". Change that number to 0.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #23227    
    Old November 22nd, 2012 (9:15 PM).
    Hyper Chibi Absol's Avatar
    Hyper Chibi Absol Hyper Chibi Absol is offline
    The Chibiest Absol ever :3
       
      Join Date: Aug 2009
      Location: With muh hubby :3
      Age: 27
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Naive
      Posts: 100
      Thanks guys for everything. I just have one little question before I log off for bed. Why does the script not stop when I get the Sunstone? I get one and it says I put it in my bag then it says I get another one right after that and its like looped.

      The script looks like this.

      Spoiler:
      '---------------
      #dynamic 0x1B3465

      #org @start
      giveitem 0x5D 0x1 0x0
      end



      It has "end" in it. I thought that ended the script. I shouldn't need release because I checked the other scripts that were actually in the game for the water stone and stuff but they were just like what I had only with slightly different offsets and item number of course.
      __________________
      Love is bliss

      Bliss is love
      Yin and Yang
      Yang and Yin

      We are one in the same...

      Heart and Soul
      Soul and Heart
      You and me
      Me and you

      Let our lives be more than this game...

      ~Hyper Chibi Absol



      Hyper Chibi Absol x TheUmbreonMaster
        #23228    
      Old November 22nd, 2012 (10:47 PM).
      Sudeki's Avatar
      Sudeki Sudeki is offline
      Can you feel it?
         
        Join Date: Feb 2010
        Location: Golden Rod
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Gentle
        Posts: 321
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hyper Chibi Absol View Post
        Thanks guys for everything. I just have one little question before I log off for bed. Why does the script not stop when I get the Sunstone? I get one and it says I put it in my bag then it says I get another one right after that and its like looped.

        The script looks like this.

        Spoiler:
        '---------------
        #dynamic 0x1B3465

        #org @start
        giveitem 0x5D 0x1 0x0
        end



        It has "end" in it. I thought that ended the script. I shouldn't need release because I checked the other scripts that were actually in the game for the water stone and stuff but they were just like what I had only with slightly different offsets and item number of course.
        What is with your Dynamic address? You should really stick to using 800000+ unless you know exactly what you are doing. Its going to try to force your script into places it really shouldn't be. Like earlier you said you were using Ruby, and in Ruby that address is full of information already. Which could be messing up your script while also messing up a lot of other things in the game.

        Looping can also depend on how you are actually setting it up in advance map.
        __________________
          #23229    
        Old November 23rd, 2012 (8:32 AM).
        UlcisGodofChains UlcisGodofChains is offline
           
          Join Date: Nov 2011
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 9
          Thanks for the answer. Another question for you guys, then:

          Which seems to be the preferred method of Pokemon Fangame making? ROM Hacking or some other form of game creation (i.e. RPG Maker or GameMaker)? By this I mean which do people prefer to play.
            #23230    
          Old November 23rd, 2012 (8:37 AM).
          Nate VonGrimm's Avatar
          Nate VonGrimm Nate VonGrimm is offline
             
            Join Date: Oct 2011
            Location: Uxbridge
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 124
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by UlcisGodofChains View Post
            Thanks for the answer. Another question for you guys, then:

            Which seems to be the preferred method of Pokemon Fangame making? ROM Hacking or some other form of game creation (i.e. RPG Maker or GameMaker)? By this I mean which do people prefer to play.
            ROM Hacking will get the most recognition on here.
            Not many people like Pokemon Hacks done with RPG Maker.
            __________________
            Currently working on a new Pokemon Hack with an in-depth story line!
            That's about as much as you're going to get for now...


              #23231    
            Old November 23rd, 2012 (9:01 AM).
            UlcisGodofChains UlcisGodofChains is offline
               
              Join Date: Nov 2011
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 9
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nate VonGrimm View Post
              ROM Hacking will get the most recognition on here.
              Not many people like Pokemon Hacks done with RPG Maker.
              That's what I thought, thanks.
                #23232    
              Old November 23rd, 2012 (1:03 PM).
              miksy91's Avatar
              miksy91 miksy91 is offline
              Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2008
                Location: A small country in the North
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 1,438
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nate VonGrimm View Post
                ROM Hacking will get the most recognition on here.
                Not many people like Pokemon Hacks done with RPG Maker.
                Just like word "hack" says, rom hacks are modifications of existing programs, in this case, pokemon games. Hack can be pretty much made of anything; you can do your own hack of Microsoft Word to make it function in a way it couldn't have before.

                Pokemon hacks are modifications of pokemon games to make them function in a way different way they did before; may this be done by redoing the build-in maps or totally re-writing the engine and making pokemon a mario-type platform game (this is something no sane person will ever done).

                Felt like saying this, don't take anything in personal

                RPG maker is a program that can be used to build games which is different from making hack (new program <--> program modification) . As for how the "most recognition" goes, yes, people tend to play rom hacks more than games made with game making programs. This is pretty much because the build in programs (pokemon games) are already fully functioning; have their own battle system, music, moving and events work, new scripts can be created easily etc.

                It's a long process to do the same for a game made from scratch with a tool like RPG Maker. The games made with game making programs often turn out bad (my personal opinion) and that's why rom hacks are preferred to them.
                __________________
                My Rom Hack



                Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
                CP of encountered pokemon in GO

                Learn how to hack GB/C games:

                Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
                -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
                  #23233    
                Old November 23rd, 2012 (5:57 PM). Edited November 24th, 2012 by Renegade.
                Renegade's Avatar
                Renegade Renegade is offline
                Time for real life...
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2011
                  Location: United States
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Careful
                  Posts: 998
                  I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

                  What are all of the berry ids in Pokemon Ruby in Advanced Map? Also, how do I make a person event with the "Plant-id" value box?

                  EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.
                  __________________
                    #23234    
                  Old November 24th, 2012 (9:05 AM).
                  Cory2012's Avatar
                  Cory2012 Cory2012 is offline
                  The Great Detective~
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2012
                    Location: Beika City..Tokyo
                    Age: 21
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 68
                    Hey there...I wanna ask one question..How to change the prof birch sprite at the first intro??any help will be appreciated...
                    __________________

                    Even if I were holmes it'd still be impossible to figure it out.The heart of the girl whom one like..How can one accurately deduce that..

                    Zero is where everything started.Nothing would ever be born if we didn't depart from there...and nothing would ever be archieved..

                      #23235    
                    Old November 24th, 2012 (3:05 PM).
                    QuartierGenerale QuartierGenerale is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2012
                      Posts: 53
                      Quote:
                      Hi everyone,

                      I've a question: how can i change the rivals name in my hack? I want when i use \h06 in my script the new name appear instead of old.

                      I do this with thingy, and it works. The problem is i can't change the numer of letters of names...since i'm using Ruby, the female name is only 3 letters long!

                      thanks a lot
                      Quote:
                      \h06? That's wrong it should be \v\h06... Instead of using that you should just input the name that you want. So instead of \v\h06 you can just put Gary in the script so it will look like a new name for the Rival.
                      I'm hacking Ruby. The name of rival change depending of gender of player...if i play with a boy, the rival name is MAY, otherwise is BRENDAN. Any one have another idea?

                      After, another important question: i'm using PKSV for scripting. How can i insert special char like * or arrows (arrows are useful in signpost for example)

                      Thanks a lot
                        #23236    
                      Old November 24th, 2012 (5:10 PM). Edited November 24th, 2012 by Renegade.
                      Renegade's Avatar
                      Renegade Renegade is offline
                      Time for real life...
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2011
                        Location: United States
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Careful
                        Posts: 998
                        I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

                        How do you activate the National Pokedex in Pokemon Ruby version?

                        EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.
                        __________________
                          #23237    
                        Old November 24th, 2012 (5:22 PM).
                        drew6464's Avatar
                        drew6464 drew6464 is offline
                        Spriter and composer
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2007
                          Location: US
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Careful
                          Posts: 52


                          I keep getting this "Run-time error '9': File not found" as soon as I open the XSE eXtreme Script Extender. The version is 1.1.1 and as you can see, I can type a few words into the box before this pops up and forces me to close the program. PLEASE HELP.

                          I tried installing other versions of XSE. No go. Please provide me with your working versions anyway if possible.

                          I tried downloading the "Standard VB6 Runtime Files" suggested. No go. Provide me with your version anyway.

                          I googled it. No go. Many people say the best course of action is to clean my registry, and then provide me with misleading programs that cost money (example: SpeedyPC Software.)


                          I seriously need help... reply as soon as possible.
                          __________________
                          9 years going strong!
                            #23238    
                          Old November 24th, 2012 (5:32 PM).
                          Renegade's Avatar
                          Renegade Renegade is offline
                          Time for real life...
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2011
                            Location: United States
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Careful
                            Posts: 998
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by drew6464 View Post


                            I keep getting this "Run-time error '9': File not found" as soon as I open the XSE eXtreme Script Extender. The version is 1.1.1 and as you can see, I can type a few words into the box before this pops up and forces me to close the program. PLEASE HELP.

                            I tried installing other versions of XSE. No go. Please provide me with your working versions anyway if possible.

                            I tried downloading the "Standard VB6 Runtime Files" suggested. No go. Provide me with your version anyway.

                            I googled it. No go. Many people say the best course of action is to clean my registry, and then provide me with misleading programs that cost money (example: SpeedyPC Software.)


                            I seriously need help... reply as soon as possible.
                            You should read some previous posts before posting things like this... (Cuz I literally just answered this question TWICE)

                            All you need to do is go into your XSE folder and open "setting.ini". From there, scroll down until you find the line that says "AdvancedUpdateCheck = 1". Change that number to 0.
                              #23239    
                            Old November 24th, 2012 (8:57 PM). Edited November 24th, 2012 by AllyJacqui.
                            AllyJacqui's Avatar
                            AllyJacqui AllyJacqui is offline
                            The one and only -
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2012
                              Location: 'Straya (Australia)
                              Age: 19
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Timid
                              Posts: 67
                              Whenever I have People Events in Pallet town, they never go where they're meant to and on occasion they end up glitching in the wall. Any fix for this?
                              __________________

                              ~ AllyJacqui, aspiring cosplayer from Sydney Australia ~
                                #23240    
                              Old November 24th, 2012 (9:05 PM).
                              Renegade's Avatar
                              Renegade Renegade is offline
                              Time for real life...
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2011
                                Location: United States
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Careful
                                Posts: 998
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by AllyJacqui View Post
                                Whenever I have People Events in Pallet town, they never go where they're meant to and on occasion they end up glitching in the wall. Any fix for this?
                                Do you have your movement permissions correct? If your movement permissions arn't set yet, the NPC's will be able to walk into the walls of the map (If the walls of the map are set to C).
                                  #23241    
                                Old November 24th, 2012 (9:11 PM).
                                AllyJacqui's Avatar
                                AllyJacqui AllyJacqui is offline
                                The one and only -
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2012
                                  Location: 'Straya (Australia)
                                  Age: 19
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Timid
                                  Posts: 67
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
                                  Do you have your movement permissions correct? If your movement permissions arn't set yet, the NPC's will be able to walk into the walls of the map (If the walls of the map are set to C).
                                  Yep, they're set. That's always one of the first things I do on a map (Well, besides making the actual map ahaha) The ones I'm having problems with are the ones set to not being able to move around atm.
                                  __________________

                                  ~ AllyJacqui, aspiring cosplayer from Sydney Australia ~
                                    #23242    
                                  Old November 24th, 2012 (10:31 PM).
                                  tajaros's Avatar
                                  tajaros tajaros is offline
                                  Hi I'm dawg
                                     
                                    Join Date: Apr 2012
                                    Location: Philippines
                                    Age: 18
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Timid
                                    Posts: 857
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by AllyJacqui View Post
                                    Yep, they're set. That's always one of the first things I do on a map (Well, besides making the actual map ahaha) The ones I'm having problems with are the ones set to not being able to move around atm.
                                    By any chance are the person event numbers higher than 10? If it is you must always do everything in hex.

                                    For example if you have person event no. 10 with you, Then make it 0xA instead of 0x10 cause 0x10 is equal to person event no.16.

                                    Remember this is how hex goes.

                                    10 = A
                                    11 = B
                                    12 = C
                                    13 = D
                                    14 = E
                                    15 = F
                                    16 = 10
                                    17 = 11
                                    18 = 12
                                    ...

                                    You can also convert decimal to hex in XSE.
                                    __________________
                                      #23243    
                                    Old November 25th, 2012 (10:37 AM).
                                    karatekid552's Avatar
                                    karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                    What happens if I push it?....
                                       
                                      Join Date: Nov 2012
                                      Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Bold
                                      Posts: 1,766
                                      Okay, I don't really know if this a simple question, but it's something I've been wondering. I added Dialga and Palkia to my hack and I would also like to add in their main moves; Roar of Time and Spacial Rend. I have two dysfunctional moves, Bullet Seed and Leech Seed, due to the seed sprite being corrupted. So, I was hoping to replace those two attacks with Dialga's and Palkia's attacks. I know how to do all of the text editing and such, but I need help adding the animations. I want to re-point the attack animations to those that go with Hyper Voice and Psychic. Any ideas? This is for Pokemon Ruby by the way.
                                      __________________

                                      Paired with Simba
                                        #23244    
                                      Old November 25th, 2012 (12:29 PM). Edited November 25th, 2012 by TheZerox9.
                                      TheZerox9's Avatar
                                      TheZerox9 TheZerox9 is offline
                                      That's Right
                                         
                                        Join Date: Dec 2010
                                        Location: NO ONE SHALL STALK ME!!!
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 9
                                        I have the same error as others with the "Subscript out of range" thing, but my settings.ini does not have what everyone says to change (AdvancedUpdateCheck = 1) All it says is this:
                                        [MRUList]
                                        1=stdpoke.rbh
                                        2=stditems.rbh
                                        3=stdattacks.rbh
                                        4=std.rbh
                                        [MRUPath]
                                        1=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
                                        2=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
                                        3=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
                                        4=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\

                                        Can someone link me to the settings.ini file?
                                        __________________
                                        Can't Wait for


                                        A wise man once said:
                                        "Jesus can walk on water, but Chuck Norris can swim on land."

                                        I support:



                                          #23245    
                                        Old November 25th, 2012 (1:06 PM).
                                        Renegade's Avatar
                                        Renegade Renegade is offline
                                        Time for real life...
                                           
                                          Join Date: Nov 2011
                                          Location: United States
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Careful
                                          Posts: 998
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by TheZerox9 View Post
                                          I have the same error as others with the "Subscript out of range" thing, but my settings.ini does not have what everyone says to change (AdvancedUpdateCheck = 1) All it says is this:
                                          [MRUList]
                                          1=stdpoke.rbh
                                          2=stditems.rbh
                                          3=stdattacks.rbh
                                          4=std.rbh
                                          [MRUPath]
                                          1=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
                                          2=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
                                          3=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
                                          4=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\

                                          Can someone link me to the settings.ini file?
                                          http://www.mediafire.com/?ipsw9kp4c3n4y6j
                                            #23246    
                                          Old November 25th, 2012 (7:22 PM). Edited November 29th, 2012 by Hyper Chibi Absol.
                                          Hyper Chibi Absol's Avatar
                                          Hyper Chibi Absol Hyper Chibi Absol is offline
                                          The Chibiest Absol ever :3
                                             
                                            Join Date: Aug 2009
                                            Location: With muh hubby :3
                                            Age: 27
                                            Gender: Female
                                            Nature: Naive
                                            Posts: 100
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Sudeki View Post
                                            What is with your Dynamic address? You should really stick to using 800000+ unless you know exactly what you are doing. Its going to try to force your script into places it really shouldn't be. Like earlier you said you were using Ruby, and in Ruby that address is full of information already. Which could be messing up your script while also messing up a lot of other things in the game.

                                            Looping can also depend on how you are actually setting it up in advance map.
                                            Well... The dynamic address (I guess) was the offset. :s And I'll try and see if I can put an offset of 8000000 or whatever and see if that works and if it doesn't then I have no clue what to do. x-x; It sucks 'cause this is a very small thing in the game that seems like it could be fixed easily and I NEED it to be fixed so I can progress to the next area. I only really need to move events around for my edit mainly because I'm doing this for my fiance's twin brother.

                                            EDIT: THANK GOD I FINALLY FIXED IT! 8D Thank you so much guys for everything!
                                            __________________
                                            Love is bliss

                                            Bliss is love
                                            Yin and Yang
                                            Yang and Yin

                                            We are one in the same...

                                            Heart and Soul
                                            Soul and Heart
                                            You and me
                                            Me and you

                                            Let our lives be more than this game...

                                            ~Hyper Chibi Absol



                                            Hyper Chibi Absol x TheUmbreonMaster
                                              #23247    
                                            Old November 26th, 2012 (11:29 PM).
                                            CameraFan CameraFan is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Nov 2012
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 10
                                              What is the palette offset for the palette the player uses in FR/LG?
                                                #23248    
                                              Old November 27th, 2012 (1:37 AM).
                                              tajaros's Avatar
                                              tajaros tajaros is offline
                                              Hi I'm dawg
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Apr 2012
                                                Location: Philippines
                                                Age: 18
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Timid
                                                Posts: 857
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by CameraFan View Post
                                                What is the palette offset for the palette the player uses in FR/LG?
                                                What Sprite? Intro, Trainer, or OW? :/
                                                __________________
                                                  #23249    
                                                Old November 27th, 2012 (2:08 AM). Edited November 29th, 2012 by LugiaMZ.
                                                LugiaMZ's Avatar
                                                LugiaMZ LugiaMZ is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Dec 2011
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 74
                                                  I having a question hope someone will answer me.

                                                  I want to add some Tileset palletes for Advance Map, has a method to add it? If have can eveyone give me the tutorial link?

                                                  P.S. Sorry for my bad english, Thanks.
                                                    #23250    
                                                  Old November 28th, 2012 (7:13 AM).
                                                  KyX KyX is offline
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                                                    Posts: 10
                                                    In Fire red where is the Tall Grass tileset?

                                                    I cannot find it in any map/tileset.
                                                    IN R/S/E there are 2 type of grass.. normal grass, and Tall grass.

                                                    Using NSE with Fire red i can see the image of the second type of grass, but in advance map can't find it.

                                                    Here is an example of the grass i'm refering to (from Emerald):
                                                    hxxp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5958/grassm.jpg
                                                    Closed Thread

                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Join the conversation!

                                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:37 AM.