• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
Sweet!

Sorry to post this but: YAAAY! My father downloaded all the Emulators of Pokémon. Now I have FireRed, LeafGreen, Gold and all those games released for the GBA!

Sorry for spam :P

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Hope this is the right place. I am going to buy some Pokemon games (Diamond, Pearl or Heart Gold and Soul silver on DS) off ebay and I'm sure they're from the US. I live in Australia, and use a 3DS. My question is, will they work on my Australian 3ds? thanks.

Also the games codes have: NTR-IPKE-USA they all end in USA.

Last edited:

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
Hope this is the right place. I am going to buy some Pokemon games (Diamond, Pearl or Heart Gold and Soul silver on DS) off ebay and I'm sure they're from the US. I live in Australia, and use a 3DS. My question is, will they work on my Australian 3ds? thanks.

Also the games codes have: NTR-IPKE-USA they all end in USA.

I've bought games from the U.S. with the code ending in U.S.A. and they have worked on my Australian DS. I haven't tried on my 3DS yet as I've mainly been playing Pokemon and 3D games. Though none of the games I bought were Pokemon, I prefer to buy those in store, that way I can chat to the owner. Anyway, I can test it if you want?

As for the Ninetales vs. Masquerain, even though I think Masquerain looks pretty, I would have to pick Ninetales, she (he, it?) has more grace and majesty.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I've always wanted to try Masquerain on a team. Maybe sometime in the future I will. I've used Ninetales on a team before so ...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I do love trying out random/'weak' Pokémon on teams to see just how good they actually can be, but honestly Masquerain just isn't one that I've given much thought to. There's nothing really special or unique about it and the Pokémon's design certainly doesn't sell it for me, so it's probably not one I'm going to consider for a very long time. Although the rarity factor is a nice appeal making it seem that little bit more tempting~

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Whenever I play main series games I play like a little kid. Why yes, I do have a Starmie with 3 water moves on it!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Whenever I play main series games I play like a little kid. Why yes, I do have a Starmie with 3 water moves on it!

Even in-game, having 3-4 moves of the same type on the same mon is bad. As much as I hate to admit it, I had a Vaporeon that had both Water Pulse and Surf.

In my elementary school days, I was guilty of keeping Mud Shot on my Swampert, refusing to replace it with Earthquake, even. It also had Surf and Dive to make navigation easier. I thought Mud Shot looked cool, tbh.

I also used TMs randomly on my Pokémon, like giving Rock Tomb to Cradily when it already had a stronger option in AncientPower.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I know, it's terrible. It's like...Brine, Surf, and Waterfall too. Nothing even special. I should teach it Psychic or something.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Because of the challenge I'm doing on White several of my Pokemon are guilty of this. Tepig/Pignite is going to have Flamethrower, Flame Charge, and Fire Pledge. Oshawott has Water Gun/Hydro Pump, Razor Shell, and Aqua jet... etc.

And yeah they're all mixed as well because of the challenge (kudos to those who know what type of challenge I'm doing from that information).

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
It's in Fan Fiction and Writing that's called "Pokemon Johto Adventures". Luckily I rarely do progress. My body's losing motiv gas in my brain though I wrote a summary of my pending chapter.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
When I look back at my old games I can't help but cringe at the movesets I used. None of them contain stat boosting moves, because I used to think they were worthless and if a Pokémon could learn a move like Fissure, it'd have it.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Haha who cares about that when you're little? As long as you had fun. I try not to mix competitive battling into just playing a game casually.

Years
I use stat boosting moves, but rarely... I guess it really comes down to if the Pokemon I'm using is strong enough without them.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Using stat boosting moves is a gamble when you're using a fragile speedster or a glass cannon. Only Mighty Glaciers, Jack of all Trades, Stone Walls, and Lightning Bruisers can pull those off well without getting OHKO'd.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Guilty of owning gyrados with wirlpool surf dive and defog, just so I could do stuff on the story, hm slaves never occurred to me back when I was young

...Gyarados can lean Defog..?

*googles*

Are you sure it wasn't Waterfall or Pelipper?

Also I love how you can google almost anything Pokémon related and the Bulbapedia page is first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back