The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Pokémon Clubs
Dragon Pokémon Club

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old November 30th, 2012 (6:57 AM). Edited December 31st, 2012 by Twiggy.
Twiggy's Avatar
Twiggy Twiggy is offline
You like dragons?
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Plushies.
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 5,909

Dragon Pokémon Club

Welcome to the Dragon Pokémon Club! We need a better description... uh, introduction here, but this will have to do. One thing that should be obvious when you came to this thread: we're a club about dragon and draconic Pokémon. That's all there to it.

Got rules?

Indeed we do have rules here. What club doesn't have rules?

1. As always, all PokéCommunity rules have to be followed. After all, the club's hosted in PC...
2. Spamming in the club? That's a big no-no. Same thing goes with trolling and harassment. We do take these seriously.
3. When you join the club, try to be active, though you're not obligated to be active. However, even just one post every day helps a lot, and goes a long way towards club and your activity.
4. The dragon and draconic Pokémon in the list is as static as it gets - it probably will change only every time a new generation of Pokémon is introduced, but there may or may not be some open to dispute.

Sign-ups?

We don't have a form for signing up, as technically you're in when you post your first post in the thread. Still, you can always "pretend" to have a sign-up post of sorts, by using the standard sign-up format. This will also allow you to specify anything specific about who/what you'd like to be (list of stuff coming later). Otherwise, just start out by replying to a topic or following the current discussion.

Topic.

What do you think, in your heart, is the perfect dragon (Pokémon or not)?

Members

Spoiler:
Twiggy
Avishka
Pave Low
Icy Burn
Galoria
CourageHound
Hikari10
Olli97
rudiecantfail ?
Mononoke Hime
mr.Alpha
FameNinja
Seraphimon-sama
clay10mc
dooght

Dragon Pokémon


Dragon Pokémon

Spoiler:





Draconic Pokémon

Spoiler:

Pokémon in the Dragon egg group

Spoiler:


Related Pokémon

Spoiler:


Dragon Pokémon Trainers

This list includes all (predominantly or featured) Dragon Pokémon Trainers that show up in the main series games.
Spoiler:

We need promotion!

Rising from the ashes, huh? We're starting from square one, again, so if anything, we're going to have to talk about it. Promote it! Yup, we're going to have to get the word out about this club if this club were to be active with real people.

Hmm... There will be a lot of ways where we can do just that. Signature links are but just one way of doing so.

Style by Twiggy.


Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old November 30th, 2012 (7:20 AM).
Avishka's Avatar
Avishka Avishka is offline
...
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: May 2011
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,161
yay! first to join!!
my partner pokemon will be Garchomp and Charizard
btw if we can choose only one then it'll be Garchomp

I like Garchomp bcuz it looks awesome. Garchomp has less "bad" points, though. Ground Type makes him resistant to Stealth Rock, immune to Sandstorm, and get Earthquake STAB, all of which are epic things.Garachomp's evolutionary line's type combination is nearly unique, shared only with Flygon and one of its pre-evos.

My first Pokemon ever was Charmander in Pokemon Red all those years ago and Charizard was amazing back in Gen 1.Charizard is the original king of fire types! It's also more fun to use competitively. >:3 It's so badass and it can Fly.

I also love Deino. It looks so cute and adorable with the hair blocking its view. It then evolves into a killing machine that helps defeat the Elite.
__________________
...
  #3    
Old November 30th, 2012 (8:55 AM).
Athelstan's Avatar
Athelstan Athelstan is offline
Odin
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Valhalla
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 3,321
I'll sign up. Partner Pokemon being Kingdra and Altaria.
Kingdra has always been such an amazing Pokemon in my eyes, and the water-dragon combination is just the cherry on the cake for me.
Altaria, loved it since...forever. I think the reason I like Altaria a lot is because I don't see a reason not to.

Dragon types have always been up there for me; regarded as one of the most powerful types throughout all the regions. I've seen quite a few people class Dragon-type Pokemon as overpowered (Magikarp is debatable in this case) and there are certain aspects of that which I agree to, but the reason I think that they are strong is because their only big weakness is..well...Dragon. Also because a lot of legendary Pokemon are Dragon-type but it would be weird if they weren't considering that Dragons' were known to be a superior specie before.
__________________

  #4    
Old November 30th, 2012 (9:09 AM).
Icy Burn's Avatar
Icy Burn Icy Burn is offline
Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: Moon. o_o
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 95
    I'll join up, sure, why not? My partner Pokemon shall be Reshiram and Kyurem, to merge the amazing White Kyurem! I've loved it for almost a month now - that love shall never die - and now I enjoy using Dragon Types more and more now. I have the normal version of it and a Shiny version (traded on the GTS for a shiny Steelix) so that makes it even more cool then it already is! c:

    I haven't done much Dragon breeding as of yet but I plan on doing so when I have reached Post-Game in Pokemon BW2 so I can actually say hi to the Day Care. A Dragon Pokemon Club is the best idea since chocolate, so that's why I'm signing up and saying hi.
    __________________
      #5    
    Old November 30th, 2012 (10:41 AM).
    Galoria's Avatar
    Galoria Galoria is offline
    Moo~ ♪
       
      Join Date: Nov 2012
      Location: Nykolaëv
      Age: 24
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 246
      Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Galoria
      I would love to join this club!
      Why? Dragons, since childhood I have been fascinated by these creatures. Awe-inspiring and appearance as guardian, I always introduces dragon aspects in my games RP or invented scenarios. They are simply beautiful, they inspire legends and virtue most of the time. That's why I admire this legendary race!

      Since each generation I liked to have at least one dragon Pokémon in my party.
      In the first generation it was Dragonite.
      In the second generation it was Gyarados.
      In the third one, it was Flygon, one of my favorite one with Altaria!
      In the fourth, it was Giratina, but I never added it in my party. I liked its history and I liked to imagine so many scenarios about it!
      In the fifth, it was Axew. A cute one :3 <3

      To be honest I like them all.
      But the negative thing is that in fact people use because they are "powerful." Personally I always use the cutest Pokemon and beautiful to beat all the trainers :3
      For example I used Axew to beat the league, at least, it adds to the difficulty! Some think it's stupid, but it's a bit like Ash, who does not change his Pokémon. I like them how they're <3

      If I had two choice my first choice would be:

      The second one would be:


      Altaria is so cute, there is nothing to say xD
      Altaria is weak for many players, but I liked to use it to heal my party during the battles. Simply amazing <3

      Charmander, yep, cute too.
      It was my second starter that I chose during the first cartridges! I'm kinda nostalgic, and Charmander will stay my favorite starter during many Generations.
      __________________
        #6    
      Old November 30th, 2012 (3:34 PM).
      CourageHound's Avatar
      CourageHound CourageHound is offline
      Trust & Courage. Nothing More
         
        Join Date: Oct 2012
        Location: Florida
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Lonely
        Posts: 823
        Name: CourageHound
        Your Trainer: Pokemon Trainer N
        2 Partner Pokemon:Salamence and Latios (if not two then just Salamence)
        Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: I chose to become a dragon trainer to embrace my fondness I have of my chosen dragons and to engage in interesting discussion with fellow members
        Currrent Topic: My favorite dragon type is Salamence. He is predominately my favorite color, a very regal and powerful looking dragon. His design is awesome and his biology is very admirable. Sprouting wings through sheer will and determination automatically makes you awesome.
        __________________
          #7    
        Old November 30th, 2012 (3:52 PM).
        Hikamaru's Avatar
        Hikamaru Hikamaru is online now
        Sacred Hearts Club
        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: Mar 2011
        Location: Australia
        Age: 24
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 45,231
        Name: Hikari10
        Your Trainer: Iris
        2 Partner Pokemon: Hydreigon and Axew
        Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: I want to learn more about the strength and gracefulness that makes Dragons a must-have to train.

        Currrent Topic: My favorite Dragon-type is Hydreigon, it has such a menacing design and a diverse movepool to boot. Mine was able to wreck a lot of things in her track. Also, I love the entire Deino line's color scheme. As for Legendaries, definitely Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem.
        __________________
        pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | supporter
          #8    
        Old November 30th, 2012 (9:09 PM).
        Twiggy's Avatar
        Twiggy Twiggy is offline
        You like dragons?
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Dec 2010
        Location: Plushies.
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Hasty
        Posts: 5,909
        Ye gods, so many sign-ups!

        I also see a lot of potential and reused forms. Welcome to the club~

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Avishka View Post
        yay! first to join!!
        my partner pokemon will be Garchomp and Charizard
        btw if we can choose only one then it'll be Garchomp

        I like Garchomp bcuz it looks awesome. Garchomp has less "bad" points, though. Ground Type makes him resistant to Stealth Rock, immune to Sandstorm, and get Earthquake STAB, all of which are epic things.Garachomp's evolutionary line's type combination is nearly unique, shared only with Flygon and one of its pre-evos.

        My first Pokemon ever was Charmander in Pokemon Red all those years ago and Charizard was amazing back in Gen 1.Charizard is the original king of fire types! It's also more fun to use competitively. >:3 It's so badass and it can Fly.

        I also love Deino. It looks so cute and adorable with the hair blocking its view. It then evolves into a killing machine that helps defeat the Elite.
        First member edition!

        Feel free to take up to... well, not too many of them, so I think I'll count them all in! Garchomp, Charizard, and Deino. Full disclosure: I want a Deino plushie.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
        I'll sign up. Partner Pokemon being Kingdra and Altaria.
        Kingdra has always been such an amazing Pokemon in my eyes, and the water-dragon combination is just the cherry on the cake for me.
        Altaria, loved it since...forever. I think the reason I like Altaria a lot is because I don't see a reason not to.

        Dragon types have always been up there for me; regarded as one of the most powerful types throughout all the regions. I've seen quite a few people class Dragon-type Pokemon as overpowered (Magikarp is debatable in this case) and there are certain aspects of that which I agree to, but the reason I think that they are strong is because their only big weakness is..well...Dragon. Also because a lot of legendary Pokemon are Dragon-type but it would be weird if they weren't considering that Dragons' were known to be a superior specie before.
        I blame Generation I and the lack of any real balance (and availability). I've always liked them in general starting from Generation III and Flygon.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Icy Burn View Post
        I'll join up, sure, why not? My partner Pokemon shall be Reshiram and Kyurem, to merge the amazing White Kyurem! I've loved it for almost a month now - that love shall never die - and now I enjoy using Dragon Types more and more now. I have the normal version of it and a Shiny version (traded on the GTS for a shiny Steelix) so that makes it even more cool then it already is! c:

        I haven't done much Dragon breeding as of yet but I plan on doing so when I have reached Post-Game in Pokemon BW2 so I can actually say hi to the Day Care. A Dragon Pokemon Club is the best idea since chocolate, so that's why I'm signing up and saying hi.
        I think I have too many Axew and Druddigon at this point. Not that it matters, since I love them. :3

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Galoria View Post
        I would love to join this club!
        Why? Dragons, since childhood I have been fascinated by these creatures. Awe-inspiring and appearance as guardian, I always introduces dragon aspects in my games RP or invented scenarios. They are simply beautiful, they inspire legends and virtue most of the time. That's why I admire this legendary race!

        Since each generation I liked to have at least one dragon Pokémon in my party.
        In the first generation it was Dragonite.
        In the second generation it was Gyarados.
        In the third one, it was Flygon, one of my favorite one with Altaria!
        In the fourth, it was Giratina, but I never added it in my party. I liked its history and I liked to imagine so many scenarios about it!
        In the fifth, it was Axew. A cute one :3 <3

        To be honest I like them all.
        But the negative thing is that in fact people use because they are "powerful." Personally I always use the cutest Pokemon and beautiful to beat all the trainers :3
        For example I used Axew to beat the league, at least, it adds to the difficulty! Some think it's stupid, but it's a bit like Ash, who does not change his Pokémon. I like them how they're <3

        If I had two choice my first choice would be:

        The second one would be:


        Altaria is so cute, there is nothing to say xD
        Altaria is weak for many players, but I liked to use it to heal my party during the battles. Simply amazing <3

        Charmander, yep, cute too.
        It was my second starter that I chose during the first cartridges! I'm kinda nostalgic, and Charmander will stay my favorite starter during many Generations.
        I find Flygon to be adorable round too for some reason. Can I have one? :3 Axew is that awesome little guy.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
        Name: CourageHound
        Your Trainer: Pokemon Trainer N
        2 Partner Pokemon:Salamence and Latios (if not two then just Salamence)
        Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: I chose to become a dragon trainer to embrace my fondness I have of my chosen dragons and to engage in interesting discussion with fellow members
        Currrent Topic: My favorite dragon type is Salamence. He is predominately my favorite color, a very regal and powerful looking dragon. His design is awesome and his biology is very admirable. Sprouting wings through sheer will and determination automatically makes you awesome.
        One can dream, right? I think I'd rather have a Haxorus more, but that's just me. *pets the Salamence anyway*

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
        Name: Hikari10
        Your Trainer: Iris
        2 Partner Pokemon: Hydreigon and Axew
        Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: I want to learn more about the strength and gracefulness that makes Dragons a must-have to train.

        Currrent Topic: My favorite Dragon-type is Hydreigon, it has such a menacing design and a diverse movepool to boot. Mine was able to wreck a lot of things in her track. Also, I love the entire Deino line's color scheme. As for Legendaries, definitely Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem.
        An Axew and a Hydreigon seems like an odd couple. Hmm...
          #9    
        Old December 1st, 2012 (6:46 AM).
        CourageHound's Avatar
        CourageHound CourageHound is offline
        Trust & Courage. Nothing More
           
          Join Date: Oct 2012
          Location: Florida
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lonely
          Posts: 823
          Its really cool to see the different types of dragons people like.

          @♪Twiggy♪ On meh trainer under "members" it shows Latias not Latios
          __________________
            #10    
          Old December 1st, 2012 (9:27 AM).
          Twiggy's Avatar
          Twiggy Twiggy is offline
          You like dragons?
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Dec 2010
          Location: Plushies.
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 5,909
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
          Its really cool to see the different types of dragons people like.

          @♪Twiggy♪ On meh trainer under "members" it shows Latias not Latios
          I like dragons that don't really look like dragons.

          And fixed!
            #11    
          Old December 2nd, 2012 (2:58 AM).
          Emperor Serperior's Avatar
          Emperor Serperior Emperor Serperior is offline
          A Emperor with infinite Speed
             
            Join Date: Dec 2012
            Location: London,England
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Serious
            Posts: 12
            i would love to join aswell except i dont know how
              #12    
            Old December 2nd, 2012 (4:55 AM).
            Twiggy's Avatar
            Twiggy Twiggy is offline
            You like dragons?
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Dec 2010
            Location: Plushies.
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Hasty
            Posts: 5,909
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Emperor Serperior View Post
            i would love to join aswell except i dont know how
            Welcome to the club, Serpy~

            Now, just reply to this post with what dragon Pokémon and/or Pokémon trainer you would like to claim. Or you could also just get on with it and start replying to the current topic: favourite Dragon Pokémon!
              #13    
            Old December 2nd, 2012 (6:12 AM).
            Avishka's Avatar
            Avishka Avishka is offline
            ...
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: May 2011
            Age: 19
            Gender: Female
            Posts: 2,161
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post

            First member edition!

            Feel free to take up to... well, not too many of them, so I think I'll count them all in! Garchomp, Charizard, and Deino. Full disclosure: I want a Deino plushie.
            thanks twiggy! :D
            a Deino plushie. just for u
            Spoiler:
            __________________
            ...
              #14    
            Old December 2nd, 2012 (6:42 AM).
            CourageHound's Avatar
            CourageHound CourageHound is offline
            Trust & Courage. Nothing More
               
              Join Date: Oct 2012
              Location: Florida
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lonely
              Posts: 823
              Re-evaluting why Salamence and Latios are my favorite dragon types. Aside from straightforward looks its also their biology and pokedex entries that were a major factor. I found them both quite interesting.

              Not to mention their anime apperences(which is common for all my favs).
              __________________
                #15    
              Old December 2nd, 2012 (7:37 AM).
              Galoria's Avatar
              Galoria Galoria is offline
              Moo~ ♪
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2012
                Location: Nykolaëv
                Age: 24
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 246
                Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Galoria
                As CourageHound said, that really cool to see how people have different preferences!
                Flygon is totally cute, I liked to have one in my party since R/S/E Generation. Cute useful, strong, what else haha!
                Oh, I just forgot about the trainer sprite. I would like to have this one.

                Charisma, strong, the only one female master,
                and I support the blondes, because I am also! xD xD

                If I can have a third Pokémon in the list, I would love to put Flygon in my party. Axew would be the fourth and final one :3
                __________________
                  #16    
                Old December 3rd, 2012 (3:43 AM).
                Olli's Avatar
                Olli Olli is offline
                I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2010
                Location: Skyloft
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 2,612
                I'd love to join. Dragon may not be my favourite typing, but it sure as heck is convenient to use, given just how strong the majority of the Pokemon with a Dragon typing is. Always fun to completely dominate a battle against your friends with completely overpowered Dragon types just to be accused of cheating. Pfft, I only used the cloning trick once with them >_>

                I can't help but notice there's a lack of Drake from the Hoenn E4 in the list up there, unless you think he isn't as notable as the other trainers? Well, Lance has always been my favourite champion as well as Dragon trainer, so he's definitely my choice here, and as for the Pokemon, definitely Dragonite.

                Dragonite was a Pokemon I spent so much time trying to obtain and train back in the two first generations of Pokemon, back when I was at my peak in my obsession with the franchise. It took me forever to evolve Dratini fully, as I was pretty bad at training, always ending up having it faint, and at one point I thought it needed to evolve through other methods, as it took so gosh darn long to evolve, but in the end I finally got my Dragonite. It was fun to use, and the battles against Lance in the E4 was a lot easier from that point on, despite most of my Pokemon being in the hundreds. I haven't had as notable a time with it as I have with several others, but it was fun to think back on how long it took me to actually get it the first time around. Mostly I've never actually used non-legendary Dragon types that much, as they're significantly harder to get your hand on than most other types, and there's an extremely small amount of actual Pokemon with the typing compared to most others. But I still love to use them whenever I can ^_^
                __________________
                Not removing this from my signature!

                  #17    
                Old December 3rd, 2012 (7:37 PM).
                CourageHound's Avatar
                CourageHound CourageHound is offline
                Trust & Courage. Nothing More
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2012
                  Location: Florida
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lonely
                  Posts: 823
                  I noticed that a few people greatly admired dragons for their battling properties or either greatly admired them their aesthetic properties that led you to like them. I wanna ask you guys what you all look at first when viewing a new dragon pokemon?

                  Me, I just see if it looks cool or not. When I saw druddigon before B/W release I thought he was a pretty cool poke. But looking upon its lackluster speed stat I was slightly deterred from using it in my in-game team. Of which was a big mistake because in a later run(and in some competitive battles) I realized druddigon is very useful and good at what its built to do, but more importantly I enjoyed Druddigon himself and using him on my team was super fun.
                  __________________
                    #18    
                  Old December 4th, 2012 (5:38 AM).
                  Galoria's Avatar
                  Galoria Galoria is offline
                  Moo~ ♪
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                    Location: Nykolaëv
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Jolly
                    Posts: 246
                    Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Galoria
                    As CourageHound said, I see if it is cool or not.
                    I remember that when I played the third Generation, I was so excited to catch a Bagon! Even if I didn't know its evolutions, I was so glad to catch that Bagon, because it is simply cute and a baby Dragon. When I saw its first Evolution, I was like, ow...Not pretty as I thought. When I saw Salamence, I was so happy to see it, even when I saw the Pokédex entry of Bagon, that it dreamt one day to fly across the sky...And when I saw that Salamence have its own wings I was so happy for my Bagon :3
                    Due to its dream and its good looking I took Bagon!

                    I remember about Trapinch, it was the same thing...Exactly the same thing!

                    I was happy to get two useful Pokémon and in the same time, that they're well designed :3
                    __________________
                      #19    
                    Old December 4th, 2012 (6:57 AM).
                    Twiggy's Avatar
                    Twiggy Twiggy is offline
                    You like dragons?
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2010
                    Location: Plushies.
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Hasty
                    Posts: 5,909
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Avishka View Post
                    thanks twiggy! :D
                    a Deino plushie. just for u
                    Spoiler:
                    I want a life-size one now. Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
                    Re-evaluting why Salamence and Latios are my favorite dragon types. Aside from straightforward looks its also their biology and pokedex entries that were a major factor. I found them both quite interesting.

                    Not to mention their anime apperences(which is common for all my favs).
                    I kinda like Salamence, but I prefer Flygon by a long shot. Also, Latios is no match for adorable Latias :3

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Galoria View Post
                    As CourageHound said, that really cool to see how people have different preferences!
                    Flygon is totally cute, I liked to have one in my party since R/S/E Generation. Cute useful, strong, what else haha!
                    Oh, I just forgot about the trainer sprite. I would like to have this one.

                    Charisma, strong, the only one female master,
                    and I support the blondes, because I am also! xD xD

                    If I can have a third Pokémon in the list, I would love to put Flygon in my party. Axew would be the fourth and final one :3
                    Excited about Cynthia, eh? Teehee. Everyone seems to want her.

                    :3 Axew-ew-ew would like to talk now that you've put him last.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
                    I'd love to join. Dragon may not be my favourite typing, but it sure as heck is convenient to use, given just how strong the majority of the Pokemon with a Dragon typing is. Always fun to completely dominate a battle against your friends with completely overpowered Dragon types just to be accused of cheating. Pfft, I only used the cloning trick once with them

                    I can't help but notice there's a lack of Drake from the Hoenn E4 in the list up there, unless you think he isn't as notable as the other trainers? Well, Lance has always been my favourite champion as well as Dragon trainer, so he's definitely my choice here, and as for the Pokemon, definitely Dragonite.

                    Dragonite was a Pokemon I spent so much time trying to obtain and train back in the two first generations of Pokemon, back when I was at my peak in my obsession with the franchise. It took me forever to evolve Dratini fully, as I was pretty bad at training, always ending up having it faint, and at one point I thought it needed to evolve through other methods, as it took so gosh darn long to evolve, but in the end I finally got my Dragonite. It was fun to use, and the battles against Lance in the E4 was a lot easier from that point on, despite most of my Pokemon being in the hundreds. I haven't had as notable a time with it as I have with several others, but it was fun to think back on how long it took me to actually get it the first time around. Mostly I've never actually used non-legendary Dragon types that much, as they're significantly harder to get your hand on than most other types, and there's an extremely small amount of actual Pokemon with the typing compared to most others. But I still love to use them whenever I can
                    Now to think of it, I think I'm going to like the orange Barney just because. But I do prefer Haxy, to be honest... maybe it's because it's getting a bit easy to get Dragon types since RS or something.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
                    I noticed that a few people greatly admired dragons for their battling properties or either greatly admired them their aesthetic properties that led you to like them. I wanna ask you guys what you all look at first when viewing a new dragon pokemon?

                    Me, I just see if it looks cool or not. When I saw druddigon before B/W release I thought he was a pretty cool poke. But looking upon its lackluster speed stat I was slightly deterred from using it in my in-game team. Of which was a big mistake because in a later run(and in some competitive battles) I realized druddigon is very useful and good at what its built to do, but more importantly I enjoyed Druddigon himself and using him on my team was super fun.
                    Druddigon, huh? I like how he looks like he's a fine, cool guy and is as tough as a brick. I don't mind the slowness. *hugs him*

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Galoria View Post
                    As CourageHound said, I see if it is cool or not.
                    I remember that when I played the third Generation, I was so excited to catch a Bagon! Even if I didn't know its evolutions, I was so glad to catch that Bagon, because it is simply cute and a baby Dragon. When I saw its first Evolution, I was like, ow...Not pretty as I thought. When I saw Salamence, I was so happy to see it, even when I saw the Pokédex entry of Bagon, that it dreamt one day to fly across the sky...And when I saw that Salamence have its own wings I was so happy for my Bagon :3
                    Due to its dream and its good looking I took Bagon!

                    I remember about Trapinch, it was the same thing...Exactly the same thing!

                    I was happy to get two useful Pokémon and in the same time, that they're well designed :3
                    Trapinch is a funny thing when you think about it. It's like... hey where did that type come out? Nowhere? What? Same thing with Swablu.
                      #20    
                    Old December 4th, 2012 (11:44 AM).
                    rudiecantfail rudiecantfail is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2012
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 2
                      Hi im rudie. I liek Dragonite, Latias and haxorus.
                      Why?
                      Dragonite: The origanal beast
                      Latias: I like the typing and have never caught a latios
                      Haxorus: best Gen V dragon


                      Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
                        #21    
                      Old December 4th, 2012 (8:57 PM).
                      Twiggy's Avatar
                      Twiggy Twiggy is offline
                      You like dragons?
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2010
                      Location: Plushies.
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Hasty
                      Posts: 5,909
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by rudiecantfail View Post
                      Hi im rudie. I liek Dragonite, Latias and haxorus.
                      Why?
                      Dragonite: The origanal beast
                      Latias: I like the typing and have never caught a latios
                      Haxorus: best Gen V dragon


                      Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
                      I wonder what made Haxorus best for you? :3
                        #22    
                      Old December 5th, 2012 (6:27 PM).
                      CourageHound's Avatar
                      CourageHound CourageHound is offline
                      Trust & Courage. Nothing More
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2012
                        Location: Florida
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Lonely
                        Posts: 823
                        Hey ♪Twiggy♪. Besides Haxorus not looking exactly like a dragon, you never said why you like it. Any other reason why Haxorus is ur #1?
                        __________________
                          #23    
                        Old December 7th, 2012 (5:17 AM).
                        Twiggy's Avatar
                        Twiggy Twiggy is offline
                        You like dragons?
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2010
                        Location: Plushies.
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Hasty
                        Posts: 5,909
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
                        Hey ♪Twiggy♪. Besides Haxorus not looking exactly like a dragon, you never said why you like it. Any other reason why Haxorus is ur #1?
                        He's kinda short and a bit chubby :3
                          #24    
                        Old December 7th, 2012 (9:03 AM).
                        Mononoke Hime's Avatar
                        Mononoke Hime Mononoke Hime is offline
                        viva emptiness
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                          Location: Hell de Janeiro, BR
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Sassy
                          Posts: 254
                          Just picking up Hikari10's sign up form~

                          Name: Mononoke Hime
                          Your Trainer: My trainer? Well, idk. I like N.
                          2 Partner Pokemon: Since I already have a dragonair at serpentine pokemon club, I'll choose flygon and altaria this time. :p
                          Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer? I don't train dragons because they're strong, I catch, train, grow, and love them because of their concept. They're usually graceful, beautiful and/or just look powerful and they have a hole concept behind them. I also love dragons in mythology, and everything they represent. They're my favorite mythological creature, since they can represent my two elements of choice, that are air and water.
                          After water, they're my second favorite type, with dark and flying being 3rd.

                          Currrent Topic: What's your favourite?
                          __________________
                            #25    
                          Old December 9th, 2012 (6:49 AM).
                          CourageHound's Avatar
                          CourageHound CourageHound is offline
                          Trust & Courage. Nothing More
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2012
                            Location: Florida
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Lonely
                            Posts: 823
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Mononoke Hime View Post
                            Just picking up Hikari10's sign up form~

                            Name: Mononoke Hime
                            Your Trainer: My trainer? Well, idk. I like N.
                            2 Partner Pokemon: Since I already have a dragonair at serpentine pokemon club, I'll choose flygon and altaria this time. :p
                            Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer? I don't train dragons because they're strong, I catch, train, grow, and love them because of their concept. They're usually graceful, beautiful and/or just look powerful and they have a hole concept behind them. I also love dragons in mythology, and everything they represent. They're my favorite mythological creature, since they can represent my two elements of choice, that are air and water.
                            After water, they're my second favorite type, with dark and flying being 3rd.

                            Currrent Topic: What's your favourite?
                            Thats cool. I also like dragons due to their admire-ability and how cool they are. Dragon my third favorite element after Poison and Fire. Even tho I have Latios as one of my partners tho, I guess he wouldnt count as one of my favorites (on the normal pokemon list)due to being a legendary. That spot would go to Dragonite and Altaria.
                            __________________
                             
                            Quick Reply

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:20 PM.