• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sword Art Online: Infinity Edition [OOC+SU][Rated: T]

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
I'm in the middle of writing a post, and I figured I might as well check, but I'm assuming that Familiars have levels too.

Would you agree with that notion Swift?

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Shortest first post I've made in a looooong time.
It feels nice.

I'll probably get some more detailed post on Savannah/Bacarra when she starts to do some soloing.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
D: my post is taking longer than expected. I'm like halfway. Just so y'all know, I haven't disappeared!

procrastination and distraction, man. >_>

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Also, Claire*, if you wish, you may bunny Reinhard a bit in the next post with a meeting and journey forth to the dungeon. It's all cool with me.

Sorry about that Raikiri, was going to get us into the dungeon, but ran out of time and just decided to post what I had so far. I was able to bunny him enough to get our characters together again. Please feel free to bunny Elise as you see fit. I trust you. :D

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Found this, a excerpt from SAO volume 2 (Light Novel)

A beast tamer wasn't a class or skill given by the system, but a term used by the players.

On rare occasions, aggressive monsters would show interest in players. If you didn't miss the chance, you could successfully tame the monster by giving it something to eat. The monster would then become the player's «Familiar» and serve as a valuable ally who supports the player in various ways. Players referred to those who had succeeded in doing so as beast tamers with a mix of praise and envy.

Of course, not all monsters can become familiars; only a very limited variety of small monsters could. The conditions to trigger the event weren't all that clear, but the only one that everyone was sure about was that the event wouldn't occur if the player killed too many of the monster type.

This was a rather hard condition when you think about it. Even if one tried to get a familiar by repeatedly meeting them, the monsters were aggressive and the player can't avoid entering a fight with them. In other words, if one wished to become a beast tamer, they would have to keep meeting with the monster, and if the event didn't occur they would have to keep running away. It wasn't hard to imagine just how annoying all that would be.

It's not really important, since we've already established how it will be done in the RP, but it's still worth taking a look at.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Sorry Khawill and SD for not posting yesterday, i… had some family problems yesterday :p im gonna try to post now.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
In other words, if one wished to become a beast tamer, they would have to keep meeting with the monster, and if the event didn't occur they would have to keep running away.

That's actually pretty neat. I like the idea of having to return to a specific monster in order to tame it. You have to make a commitment and make a relationship with the monster rather than the average means of taming monsters in games. Makes for much more intimate relationship with the creatures especially when you consider the level of immersion involved in playing SAO.

I could only imagine the trolling, like someone running around in known areas with tamable monsters and just killing them off, possibly resetting any progress someone may have made with a specific monster (assuming that's how the system works.)

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Can I just say, I love what everybody is doing with this RP. I read every post and I can truly say I've enjoyed every single one. Everyone has great little subplots going on. :)

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Can I just say, I love what everybody is doing with this RP. I read every post and I can truly say I've enjoyed every single one. Everyone has great little subplots going on. :)

Thank you very much. I'm a little surprised someone who isn't interacting with me me me actually reads my posts. :D Haha!

Just a thought, what kind of sword will I Kamui get at... :\

@SwiftSign: You should edit the first post with the spoiler of cities & floors.

Anyway, what blah blah sword blah blah blah blah at floor 8? Can I choose from google or games or something?

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
@Shiny: Yeah, you could just find any old sword around on the internet, show an image here or in the IC thread, give it a fancy name and add some things to it as well, if you'd want :P

Though I think, if you're the guy who's running around with Khawill's character, that he's planning to take you to my character's shop. You'd still have the ability to pick your sword yourself, so if you do come to my shop, go ahead and message me the image of the sword and I'll be sure to put it into my post ^^

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Sir Bastian: Sweet!

Another question. Are Central Portals the same as Floor Portals? Are the portals in the city or somewhere on each floor?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
@Sir Bastian: Sweet!

Another question. Are Central Portals the same as Floor Portals? Are the portals in the city or somewhere on each floor?

Each floor has a portal in it's town or safe zone, 'central' portals are the same yes :3

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Ozzy Im still waiting on your post so I can go off and find the boss room afterwards >.>

And I agree this RP is fun to read, everyone has their own little things going on which is cool. And a lot of people are interacting with each other which makes it even funner!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I am so incredibly sorry for holding Claire and Raikiri up and for disappearing from PC. Life has been so hectic that I can't even describe it but it'll probably calm down around Christmas. I thought I'd just pop in to say that I'm retreating from this RP officially now even though it's an ashldjaskdlskd awesome one. Please forgive me? :3

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Glad to hear you're okay Red. I was worried about you with your sudden disappearance and all. Please don't apologize, the real world always comes first. :)

Back