ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Draconius GO

Old December 1st, 2012 (5:22 PM).

I was thinking if it would be possible to resize the gold, silver and crystal trainer sprites in order for them be with the same height with the fr/lg red, green and blue trainer sprites. If this seems confusing, i can post a picture for it. Since i think they look tall for their age. :D

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 1st, 2012 (5:25 PM).

Quote:
      No, the Safari Zone has been moved to the Sevii Islands.
      Please don't tell me you're going to shrink the Sevii Islands as well...
      Old December 1st, 2012 (5:50 PM).
      Eye of the Storm

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
        Hopefully not shrunk, but if my idea holds, they might all be connected by Surfing Routes (and thus the actual minimap, if you were to envision it, would shrink). That was my proposal to this. There would have to be dark water that is not surfable as rocks all over the place would make no logical sense (though a middle between the two for Dive spots is logical and could connect all islands).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
        Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old December 1st, 2012 (6:30 PM).
        Oh god the bees
        • Silver Tier

Nature: Naive
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
        Too bad that would be very cool
        Anyway my net is back to normal and i got the latest patch so bye im gna see you later haha
        Oh and i forgot to ask about Magnemites do they hold Metal Coats in this hack?
        In Crystal theres 8% chance to encounter 1 with metal coat i fought so many magnemites in this hack and used thief but never got any metal coat
        Magnemites do, in fact, hold Metal Coatd; I'm not sure of the chances though.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by patrick_20052005 View Post
        I was thinking if it would be possible to resize the gold, silver and crystal trainer sprites in order for them be with the same height with the fr/lg red, green and blue trainer sprites. If this seems confusing, i can post a picture for it. Since i think they look tall for their age. :D
        Yeah, it does seem a bit confusing. Could you post that picture?
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
        Actually, I think I'd have to, to make it fit with the style of mapping of the rest of the game.

My other resources:
        My Website
        diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
        diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
        The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
        Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
        GBA Intro Manager
        The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
        Old December 1st, 2012 (6:53 PM).
        Banned

Nature: Naughty
          Well ok atleast i know they hold the item i just hope i get it fast there are a lot of different pokemon in that route so it can get very annoying i start to hate every rattata/raticate i encounter there :D
          Old December 1st, 2012 (7:03 PM).
          Eye of the Storm

Quote:
            Oh and i forgot to ask about Magnemites do they hold Metal Coats in this hack?
            In Crystal theres 8% chance to encounter 1 with metal coat i fought so many magnemites in this hack and used thief but never got any metal coat
            I have that problem in official games, too. Took me a lot of Solrocks over two sessions (based on battery...and patience) to find a Sun Stone.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old December 1st, 2012 (8:59 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
              Magnemites do, in fact, hold Metal Coatd; I'm not sure of the chances though.

Yeah, it does seem a bit confusing. Could you post that picture?

Actually, I think I'd have to, to make it fit with the style of mapping of the rest of the game.
              So yeah, here are the sprites in the game if i'm not mistaken. I put the number of pixels on top of the sprite to indicate how many pixels off or under the actual ones are. I tested the protagonists of fr/lg, and they have the same height. Although this doesn't simply imply that reducing the pixels vertically anywhere on the sprite in order to lower their height, we still need to make their height proportionate to the official ones.

For the rival, i believe the frlg rival is a pixel or something taller than the protagonists, so i had it separated from the rest.

cheers, let me know what you think about it. :)
              Old December 1st, 2012 (9:54 PM).
              Banned

Heh i have lots of patience but this is getting frustrating.
                And btw there must have be a 5% chance to find one with metal claw like in emerald since this hack uses this game as a base
                Old December 1st, 2012 (10:12 PM).
                Oh god the bees
                • Silver Tier

Quote:
                So yeah, here are the sprites in the game if i'm not mistaken. I put the number of pixels on top of the sprite to indicate how many pixels off or under the actual ones are. I tested the protagonists of fr/lg, and they have the same height. Although this doesn't simply imply that reducing the pixels vertically anywhere on the sprite in order to lower their height, we still need to make their height proportionate to the official ones.

For the rival, i believe the frlg rival is a pixel or something taller than the protagonists, so i had it separated from the rest.

cheers, let me know what you think about it.
                I see what you mean now. Yeah, they are certainly differently proportioned. Personally, Silver looks fine, but the hero sprites need to be changed.

My other resources:
                My Website
                GBA Intro Manager
                Old December 1st, 2012 (10:31 PM).
                Eye of the Storm

Quote:
                  Heh i have lots of patience but this is getting frustrating.
                  And btw there must have be a 5% chance to find one with metal claw like in emerald since this hack uses this game as a base
                  I think what helped me was having a Lv.70ish Scrafty knowing Thief against Lv.48 Solrocks on Route 13 (again, in Unova). Thief at times knocks them out in one blow. When I finally got my Sun Stone (which got cloned immediately, and my original post about that adventure is in the Unova Journal thread at the top), the Solrock fainted on that first attack despite it being only 40 base power.

And yes, that Sun Stone was a 5% chance. And yes, I saw a couple dozen Solrocks in the session where I got it - plus enemies that keep you from running away and force you to waste time (yes, they stopped Lv.70 Pokés from running away).

Cyclone

Old December 1st, 2012 (10:57 PM).

Quote:
                    I see what you mean now. Yeah, they are certainly differently proportioned. Personally, Silver looks fine, but the hero sprites need to be changed.
                    Alright, thank you for your consideration. I just played through the latest patch, i haven't found any bugs, but i haven't visited much homes in the towns though, I only just collected badges quick and i've made it to ecruteak city.

Here are my thoughts, only minor suggestions though:

1. The pokegear background picture features a pokenav, not a pokegear.

Yes, i know the pokegear is still a work in progress, but may i suggest that the background picture on the pokegear's menu be changed to the pokegear instead of the pokenav?

2. The mystery egg sprite, well i was wondering if you could replace it with the hg/ss one, since you used the squirtbottle..
                    This:

replace it with this:
                    Old December 2nd, 2012 (9:57 AM).
                    Oh god the bees
                    • Silver Tier

Quote:
                    Alright, thank you for your consideration. I just played through the latest patch, i haven't found any bugs, but i haven't visited much homes in the towns though, I only just collected badges quick and i've made it to ecruteak city.

Here are my thoughts, only minor suggestions though:

1. The pokegear background picture features a pokenav, not a pokegear.

Yes, i know the pokegear is still a work in progress, but may i suggest that the background picture on the pokegear's menu be changed to the pokegear instead of the pokenav?

2. The mystery egg sprite, well i was wondering if you could replace it with the hg/ss one, since you used the squirtbottle..
                    This:

replace it with this:
                    I have my spriter making the Pokégear sprite now, and I may swap out the egg sprites in the future.

In today's update: Goldenrod City Revamped!

Thanks to a new palette and a few new tiles, Goldenrod City feels completely different!
                    Personally, I think it's much improved over the last version. Tell me what you guys think!

My other resources:
                    My Website
                    GBA Intro Manager
                    Old December 2nd, 2012 (10:23 AM). Edited December 2nd, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
                    Banned

Ok ill download the new patch and try it
                      Btw has the Ruins of Alph music changed and the poison animation when you are walking out of a battle

Edit:
                      Omg i started a new game and did set the day to Sunday and everything was ok but now that its Monday ingame its Friday and if i change my Androids day to Tuesday its Saturday ingame
                      Anyway the new Silvers sprite and Falkners OW sprite look better and i like how Goldenrod looks now and the new theme is just epic
                      And i forgot to mention about the new colours in Pokemon Stats they are great!

Edit 2:
                      If i set Monday as the current day ingame everything is normal and all days of the week work
                      Old December 2nd, 2012 (9:05 PM).
                      Oh god the bees
                      • Silver Tier

Quote:
                      Ok ill download the new patch and try it
                      Btw has the Ruins of Alph music changed and the poison animation when you are walking out of a battle

Edit:
                      Omg i started a new game and did set the day to Sunday and everything was ok but now that its Monday ingame its Friday and if i change my Androids day to Tuesday its Saturday ingame
                      Anyway the new Silvers sprite and Falkners OW sprite look better and i like how Goldenrod looks now and the new theme is just epic
                      And i forgot to mention about the new colours in Pokemon Stats they are great!

Edit 2:
                      If i set Monday as the current day ingame everything is normal and all days of the week work
                      Why on earth is this bug so hard to kill? I don't have the Android device with me right now but please let me know if this new version works.

Also new in this version: a new Pokégear background! And some big news: I've finally figured out generic trainers in the Pokégear! However, please note that this does not mean that all the trainers will be able to call and give you items and all just yet; this is still in the preliminary stages. Also, I'll need someone to come up with what they say when you call and what is said when you choose to "check" them. I may just take their "what they say" straight from Crystal, but I'll still need someone to do the rest.

My other resources:
                      My Website
                      GBA Intro Manager
                      Old December 3rd, 2012 (1:04 AM). Edited December 3rd, 2012 by patrick_20052005.

Quote:
                        I have my spriter making the Pokégear sprite now, and I may swap out the egg sprites in the future.
                        Thanks to a new palette and a few new tiles, Goldenrod City feels completely different!
                        Personally, I think it's much improved over the last version. Tell me what you guys think!
                        Awesome work, thanks a lot diego. i want to replay the game again with the new patch, thanks for the updates. :)

edit: just noticed elitepokes' post, i agree the falkner overworld looks perfect! the frlg feel is really there. :)
                        I'm thinking that there maybe a possibility that the falkner trainer sprite would be changed to accomodate the overworld's colors?
                        Old December 3rd, 2012 (1:50 AM).

Nature: Brave
                          Great update Diego. Hopefully all of the work is done soon. Best wishes!!!1
                          Old December 3rd, 2012 (4:54 AM).
                          Normal Type Gym Leader

Nature: Jolly
                            I'd just like to ask a few questions.
                            When was Beta 1 and Beta 2 released?

In a few page back you said you have a schedule between Shining Opal and Crystal Dust, on what "stage" are you in now?

and lastly, after completing the pokemon league I went to Olivine Port and tried to get into the SS Aqua (or whatever the name is) but instead there was a TM 02 (Headbut), why was there a TM 02 there? (the boat I can understand)

Thanks for your time, keep up the awesome work.
                            Gym Leader Whitney~

Self-Proclaimed Normal Gym Leader.
                            Yu-Gi-Oh! Madolche Player.
                            Old December 3rd, 2012 (6:23 AM). Edited December 3rd, 2012 by Superjub.
                            Pokémon Aureolin
                            • Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
                            Thanks guys for the comments about the Falkner OW. :D I should hopefully be able to update a lot more of them soon. :D You'll also want to check out Jasmine too. She's decided to get a makeover too. Also, just thought I'd let you guys know I'm nearly done with Bugsy's new sprite. ;D

I'm replaying through the game at the moment. I think it's been mentioned before, but I think the Mart's early items (pre-first badge) is different to that of Crystals- notably, you coulnd't buy Escape Rope's at Violet City's Pokemon Mart in the original Crystal iirc (I have been playing Gold a bit recently so I might be getting my facts mixed up) but you can in CD. A bit minimal, but eh. Every little bit counts.
                            Old December 3rd, 2012 (7:34 AM).
                            Eye of the Storm

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by RicardoDTX View Post
                              I'd just like to ask a few questions.
                              When was Beta 1 and Beta 2 released?

In a few page back you said you have a schedule between Shining Opal and Crystal Dust, on what "stage" are you in now?

and lastly, after completing the pokemon league I went to Olivine Port and tried to get into the SS Aqua (or whatever the name is) but instead there was a TM 02 (Headbut), why was there a TM 02 there? (the boat I can understand)

Thanks for your time, keep up the awesome work.
                              Gym Leader Whitney~
                              From my knowledge, he's on Shining Opal right now; after a beta release, he switches hacks. However, there are a lot of new patches going out for this one, so I dunno NEmore...

Cyclone

Old December 3rd, 2012 (9:22 AM). Edited December 3rd, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
                              Banned

Hey Diego ill try the new version later when i get home to check the new Pokegear Background and the RTC bug also thats greats news for the Pokegear if you take the Trainers dialogues from Crystal it will be great.

Retribution i checked Jasmines OW aswell its great but my favorite is Falkners you did a really awesome job there i cant wait to see Bugsys OW :D
                                As for the market items i played Crystal not a long time ago when i was testing this hack and i think this hack got the same items for sale

At this stage this hacks Johto is the best Johto i ever saw its better than other hacks and even the original GSC (the only thing i miss is Pokegear and the other Legendaries but those will probably be available in future betas if everything goes well) keep up the awesome work guys

Hehe the IPS file is 1,60 MB now :D
                                Old December 3rd, 2012 (9:51 AM).
                                Pokémon Aureolin
                                • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                                Hey Diego ill try the new version later when i get home to check the new Pokegear Background and the RTC bug also thats greats news for the Pokegear if you take the Trainers dialogues from Crystal it will be great.

Retribution i checked Jasmines OW aswell its great but my favorite is Falkners you did a really awesome job there i cant wait to see Bugsys OW :D
                                As for the market items i played Crystal not a long time ago when i was testing this hack and i think this hack got the same items for sale

At this stage this hacks Johto is the best Johto i ever saw its better than other hacks and even the original GSC (the only thing i miss is Pokegear and the other Legendaries but those will probably be available in future betas if everything goes well) keep up the awesome work guys

Hehe the IPS file is 1,60 MB now :D
                                Ah, awesome. :D I'm glad that you really like them. I finished the Bugsy sprite earlier so expect it soon. :D I really tried to give it that "old school" look like Falkner's so hopefully it'll be well received. :D And I completely agree- this is one of the best hacks and, in my opinion, the definitive G/S/C hack (minus HG/SS ofc.)
                                Old December 3rd, 2012 (10:06 AM). Edited December 3rd, 2012 by Gym Leader Whitney.
                                Gym Leader Whitney Gym Leader Whitney is offline
                                Normal Type Gym Leader

Nature: Jolly
                                  I just checked the pokegear new design, it looks amazing!

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
                                  Ah, awesome. :D I'm glad that you really like them. I finished the Bugsy sprite earlier so expect it soon. :D I really tried to give it that "old school" look like Falkner's so hopefully it'll be well received. :D And I completely agree- this is one of the best hacks and, in my opinion, the definitive G/S/C hack (minus HG/SS ofc.)
                                  Are you going to work on my sprite as well, Retribution?

EDIT: I found a bug, my pokegear says that its "Monday 44:17 pm".

http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic358122_2.gif
                                  Old December 3rd, 2012 (10:42 AM).
                                  Pokémon Aureolin
                                  • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Gym Leader Whitney View Post
                                  I just checked the pokegear new design, it looks amazing!

Are you going to work on my sprite as well, Retribution?

EDIT: I found a bug, my pokegear says that its "Monday 44:17 pm".
                                  I might, although I think the current Whitney sprite is pretty good anyway. :D It's not a priority at the moment anyway- I want to work on sprites like Pryce and Claire first since I think they could be made more FR-like.
                                  Old December 3rd, 2012 (10:45 AM).

Nature: Quirky
                                    Quote:

WOW! Awesome work with the palette! Really beautiful! Keep working, you're doing an excellent job!
                                    Old December 3rd, 2012 (11:49 AM). Edited December 3rd, 2012 by Hound of Justice.
                                    Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
                                    Banned

Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
                                      Whoa I was playing with the new patch when this happened

Mist appeared and a weird music started to play, all the npcs was missing in the route and no wild Pokemon appeared when suddenly this happened!
                                      It appeared behind me and i freaked out and it started chasing me and my game crashed before it could come close to me
                                      Idk if thats a easter egg or a little surprise so sorry if i spoiled it for you but i think i saved you from freaking out

Quick Reply