The PokéCommunity Forums Off-Topic Discussions Off-Topic
2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #2226    
Old December 3rd, 2012 (9:05 AM).
Kura's Avatar
Kura Kura is offline
twitter.com/puccarts
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
    Age: 28
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Serious
    Posts: 11,016
    Derp I just saw that there was a main one there too. Guess I can just post in that haha!


    RL: You putting it that way can change some of my perspective, actually. But it also seems like an easy way to get nominees too. We'll just have to see yes? At least doing it this way does add some interest!!
    __________________
    ~Yuugiou Fan~
    ~Kamen Rider Fan~
    ♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2227    
    Old December 3rd, 2012 (9:10 AM).
    Her's Avatar
    Her Her is online now
    • Super Moderator
    • Platinum Tier
    • Discord Moderoid
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Age: 24
    Posts: 10,725
    Oh no! People leaning towards their friends in MOTY! The people that they interact with most often, the people that they know the post history/personality more intimately of than a person they've never talked to!
    __________________
      #2228    
    Old December 3rd, 2012 (9:50 AM).
    Yoshikko's Avatar
    Yoshikko Yoshikko is offline
    the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Gender: Other
    Nature: Hasty
    Posts: 3,041
    Hahah can't help but to agree with that. Still though it's not about people voting for their friends but rather that they vote for them for the sake of their friendship or just based on the fact that they're friends without any other reason. But still!
    __________________
      #2229    
    Old December 3rd, 2012 (9:58 AM).
    Athelstan's Avatar
    Athelstan Athelstan is offline
    Odin
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Valhalla
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 3,319
    But to be honest, I didn't vote for someone that I don't know well. Everyone I out down are people I have spoken to and generally get along with.

    My MoTY is Mork, and he's a good friend, but that's not the full package. I think he deserves it.

    I think the fact that people get annoyed because they're voting for their friends is wrong, because you're not exactly gonna go round voting for people you don't know/aren't friends with unless you think they really deserve it.
    __________________

      #2230    
    Old December 3rd, 2012 (10:11 AM).
    Yoshikko's Avatar
    Yoshikko Yoshikko is offline
    the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Gender: Other
    Nature: Hasty
    Posts: 3,041
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
    But to be honest, I didn't vote for someone that I don't know well. Everyone I out down are people I have spoken to and generally get along with.

    My MoTY is Mork, and he's a good friend, but that's not the full package. I think he deserves it.

    I think the fact that people get annoyed because they're voting for their friends is wrong, because you're not exactly gonna go round voting for people you don't know/aren't friends with unless you think they really deserve it.
    But it's fine to vote for your friends if you believe they deserve it. What they mean is that you shouldn't go "oh you're my friend lol I'll just vote for you cause I want you to get it!!" and not have any other reason. It's not like the only people you can vote for are non-friends.
    __________________
      #2231    
    Old December 3rd, 2012 (10:15 AM).
    Nihilego's Avatar
    Nihilego Nihilego is offline
    [color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
       
      Join Date: Apr 2011
      Location: scotland
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 8,988
      This is exactly my problem with it, though. If people are going to vote for their friends naturally then it follows that the person with the most friends wins. And that's a popularity contest.
      __________________
      s͎̭̚ ̪ͭͩy͔͚̰̻̗̩̺ͣ́ͨ̌͡ ̩̳̙̖̖̺͡m̷̱̘͎̝̘̣͒͌͒̚ ͇͖̔̐̔b̝̪͚̞̦ͬ ̢͔̱̟̞̝͙̮͌̅̈̓̿̿i͐̈̃͊ͯ̎҉̟̠͓ ͕̥̣̪̠̃͑͞ỏ̵͕̠̱̬̬̞͛̋ ̨͈̻̱̟̱͓̪n͒̒͂͊̀ ̻̰̰̜̅̃͒̂͞tͭ̍̈́ ͙͇̘͕͍̜̖ͫ̌̊̿ͫ̂̀:̵̾͒̔͂ ̟͉̜̽͒͌͜p͎͇͎̦̺̙͒͆͋́ͅ ̨̠̠̘͚͖̺ͫ͛̎̉a̲͍̫͖͗̄ ͓͖͍̯̤̼͙̿̆̂̂̄r̬̟̮͖̥̼̆̓͑̃̾ͬ̉͟ͅ ̬̼̗͊͛a̛̯̮ ̮̬͍̙̮̤́ͪŝ͊ͬ̒̎̃ ̧̝̮͎͙͆̓ì͈̹̻̱̾͝ ̘͉͕̭̊ͤ̉̓tͩͯ̉̐ͨͬ̚͏̻̺̖̮ ̞̘͂̋̋ͯ͑ͦ͗e̞͔̎̇ͫ͊͗
        #2232    
      Old December 3rd, 2012 (10:18 AM). Edited December 3rd, 2012 by Yoshikko.
      Yoshikko's Avatar
      Yoshikko Yoshikko is offline
      the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2011
      Gender: Other
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 3,041
      It doesn't necessarily have to go that way if people can stay unbiased. I have lots of friends here but I'd only vote for people who I think deserve it. I could vote for Red because he's my best friend but I won't. People will be biased towards their non-friends too, so in that sense it doesn't really make a difference. Though obviously in things like favourite gender-here it's obviously gonna be like you say but that's sort of inevitable. But probably that's just expecting too much of people so I suppose you're right.
      __________________
        #2233    
      Old December 3rd, 2012 (10:22 AM).
      Oryx's Avatar
      Oryx Oryx is offline
      CoquettishCat
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Mar 2011
      Age: 25
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 13,204
      Yeah I'm not voting Tom for MotY even though he's the best person ever. Because he never posts. Besides think of it this way - a forum is like a massive social network. Being a good member on a forum is much more than being smart or thoughtful in posts. It's about being friendly, being a member people can rely on for help, being approachable, etc. All these things earn you friends naturally when you act like that. So a "popularity contest" is really the best way to find the member of the year, because the factors that come into a popularity contest are the same things that make a good member a great deal of the time.
      __________________


      Theme * Pair * VM * PM

      Not all men...

      Are all men stupid?

      That's right.

        #2234    
      Old December 3rd, 2012 (10:29 AM).
      Shiny Celebi Shiny Celebi is offline
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Jun 2011
      Posts: 2,402
      It just seems like people vote for popular people, their friends in those things lik MOTY. Im not voting because I dont know people here, even in this section and I have no idea who I'd even vote for the main category at all. I really just go here to post in like 2 sections so its not that big a deal for me.
        #2235    
      Old December 3rd, 2012 (10:43 AM).
      Livewire's Avatar
      Livewire Livewire is offline
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2009
      Location: Sunnyshore City
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 14,265
      I think my choice for MotY is pretty unbiased, despite the fact that Audy's a freind - where would be this year without Audy's coding for all these new features and changes? I'd say those additions were pretty important and beneficial to the forum as a whole, and worthy of a MotY nomination.
      __________________
        #2236    
      Old December 3rd, 2012 (10:52 AM).
      Kura's Avatar
      Kura Kura is offline
      twitter.com/puccarts
         
        Join Date: Sep 2004
        Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
        Age: 28
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Serious
        Posts: 11,016
        I think it's the actual like.. questions that don't really help either:
        Favourite Male? Favourite Female? Of course people are gonna vote for their friends in those categories.

        I do like the "Most optimistic" etc ones though! I had to just write some names down because there are cool people like Cirno, for example, who I think deserves a mention.. but I wouldn't know where to put her.

        Maybe there could've been a most caring or most knowledgeable about a section.. etc.. that way it would be mixed up a bit? People who are super knowledgeable in roms, or anime or something could get a mention?

        Maybe we could even have a "biggest donator" this year at the end too, and they could get an emblem?


        TO be honest, though.. dcc is the dcc here.. not suggestions and stuff right? So wanna move the topic to something new?
        __________________
        ~Yuugiou Fan~
        ~Kamen Rider Fan~
        ♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
          #2237    
        Old December 3rd, 2012 (11:09 AM).
        Yoshikko's Avatar
        Yoshikko Yoshikko is offline
        the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2011
        Gender: Other
        Nature: Hasty
        Posts: 3,041
        I'm bad at thinking of topics, but I woke up really late today? ehh no haha doesn't work XD;
        __________________
          #2238    
        Old December 3rd, 2012 (11:10 AM).
        Oryx's Avatar
        Oryx Oryx is offline
        CoquettishCat
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Mar 2011
        Age: 25
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 13,204
        Kura I voted for you for most likely to marry a prince!!
        __________________


        Theme * Pair * VM * PM

        Not all men...

        Are all men stupid?

        That's right.

          #2239    
        Old December 3rd, 2012 (11:20 AM).
        Kura's Avatar
        Kura Kura is offline
        twitter.com/puccarts
           
          Join Date: Sep 2004
          Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
          Age: 28
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Serious
          Posts: 11,016
          .. Oh my God I just snorted.

          Prince William.. jesus.. HAHAHAHA..

          Wait till you see the pictures I'm going to upload soon from this weekend.. there is one where Will is wearing one of those paper crowns from the christmas crackers..
          __________________
          ~Yuugiou Fan~
          ~Kamen Rider Fan~
          ♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
            #2240    
          Old December 3rd, 2012 (11:23 AM). Edited December 3rd, 2012 by Yoshikko.
          Yoshikko's Avatar
          Yoshikko Yoshikko is offline
          the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2011
          Gender: Other
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 3,041
          kura are you guys a pair on pc actually or not???!!
          well i voted you for fav pair anyway!
          __________________
            #2241    
          Old December 3rd, 2012 (12:08 PM).
          Kura's Avatar
          Kura Kura is offline
          twitter.com/puccarts
             
            Join Date: Sep 2004
            Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
            Age: 28
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Serious
            Posts: 11,016
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
            kura are you guys a pair on pc actually or not???!!
            well i voted you for fav pair anyway!
            No haha! He's still paired with his sexy camera and I'm unpaired. But egh.. guess we're classified as a pair anyways, really. And thanks :3
            __________________
            ~Yuugiou Fan~
            ~Kamen Rider Fan~
            ♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
              #2242    
            Old December 3rd, 2012 (12:18 PM).
            Athelstan's Avatar
            Athelstan Athelstan is offline
            Odin
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Location: Valhalla
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 3,319
            Haha, there isn't much unpaired people left in the forum. I'm not paired either, but I just came back from a hiatus so...yeah.

            Fabio is one to be fond of his camera. Heck, he probably has a name for it.
            __________________

              #2243    
            Old December 3rd, 2012 (12:50 PM).
            Livewire's Avatar
            Livewire Livewire is offline
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2009
            Location: Sunnyshore City
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 14,265
            Can I marry Pippa Middleton then please?!?
            __________________
              #2244    
            Old December 3rd, 2012 (12:54 PM).
            Athelstan's Avatar
            Athelstan Athelstan is offline
            Odin
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Location: Valhalla
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 3,319
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
            Can I marry Pippa Middleton then please?!?
            You got some serious competition, broseph.
            __________________

              #2245    
            Old December 3rd, 2012 (1:05 PM).
            Livewire's Avatar
            Livewire Livewire is offline
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2009
            Location: Sunnyshore City
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 14,265
            I can handle the competition let's go
            __________________
              #2246    
            Old December 3rd, 2012 (1:08 PM).
            Kura's Avatar
            Kura Kura is offline
            twitter.com/puccarts
               
              Join Date: Sep 2004
              Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
              Age: 28
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Serious
              Posts: 11,016
              lol she's got a rockin body though! Remember those pics of her as the maid of honour in that dress?
              __________________
              ~Yuugiou Fan~
              ~Kamen Rider Fan~
              ♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
                #2247    
              Old December 3rd, 2012 (1:09 PM).
              Athelstan's Avatar
              Athelstan Athelstan is offline
              Odin
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Jul 2008
              Location: Valhalla
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 3,319
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
              I can handle the competition let's go
              My seduction methods cannot be pulverized, so no compo bro.
              __________________

                #2248    
              Old December 3rd, 2012 (1:28 PM).
              Mr Cat Dog's Avatar
              Mr Cat Dog Mr Cat Dog is offline
              Frasier says it best
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2004
                Location: London, UK
                Age: 27
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 11,411
                Seriously, people are talking about the Middletons and HAVEN'T MENTIONED THE FUTURE ROYAL SPAWN!?!? Sometimes I just don't know PC's priorities...
                __________________
                  #2249    
                Old December 3rd, 2012 (1:31 PM).
                Ivysaur's Avatar
                Ivysaur Ivysaur is online now
                You found a heart!
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2007
                Location: Madrid
                Age: 27
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 20,652
                Well that's the first notice I have, and it's only a rumour, so go figure XD

                I'll talk about it once we get echographies!
                __________________
                Y hubo tanto amor que no queda nada,
                Y ahora mírate, no, no, no, no,
                No puedes ver bien la luz.
                Cuando todas las historias se acaban
                Y ya solo quedas tú.



                Yes kids, once upon a time I was an admin
                  #2250    
                Old December 3rd, 2012 (1:33 PM).
                Athelstan's Avatar
                Athelstan Athelstan is offline
                Odin
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2008
                Location: Valhalla
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 3,319
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
                Seriously, people are talking about the Middletons and HAVEN'T MENTIONED THE FUTURE ROYAL SPAWN!?!? Sometimes I just don't know PC's priorities...
                It gawn be one ugly child.

                Hitler was the one who thought about youths becoming the future, not some guy who can't decide whether he is a Cat or Dog.
                __________________

                Closed Thread

                Quick Reply

                Join the conversation!

                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                Create a PokéCommunity Account

                Sponsored Links
                Thread Tools

                Posting Rules
                You may not post new threads
                You may not post replies
                You may not post attachments
                You may not edit your posts

                BB code is On
                Smilies are On
                [IMG] code is On
                HTML code is Off

                Forum Jump


                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:33 PM.