Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #401    
Old November 12th, 2012 (10:15 PM).
Cyclone's Avatar
Cyclone Cyclone is offline
Eye of the Storm
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 3,392
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MoosePlus View Post
    hello sorry i'm pretty new to all this...but when i play this game i get this message stt the start: "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed."
    and so i'm not able to save the game properly (always says save failed). is there a fix for this? i don't like the idea of relying on save states too much =/
    This is a standard thing that will happen to you on ALL hacks (well...most) and on official games in ROM format as well if you do not follow these steps:

    1. Check your save type. If you're in VBA, go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type. Set to 128K Flash.
    2. While in the Emulator submenu, check that Real Time Clock is on.
    3. You are almost set. Delete the .sav file created on your first run.
    4. Close and restart VBA, run the ROM as before. I clearly don't have to tell you how to patch the ROM, because you already attempted to run it.

    Cyclone
    __________________
    "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

    Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
    Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

    Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!


    Relevant Advertising!

      #402    
    Old November 12th, 2012 (11:14 PM).
    XeroNos's Avatar
    XeroNos XeroNos is offline
       
      Join Date: Jan 2011
      Location: Finding new Challenges !!
      Age: 27
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 3,015
      Thanks for the info Cyclone. Believe me I encounter same problems when I played some other hacks and wondered why it is not functioning.
        #403    
      Old November 13th, 2012 (6:09 AM).
      MoosePlus's Avatar
      MoosePlus MoosePlus is offline
         
        Join Date: Mar 2012
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 9
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
        This is a standard thing that will happen to you on ALL hacks (well...most) and on official games in ROM format as well if you do not follow these steps:

        1. Check your save type. If you're in VBA, go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type. Set to 128K Flash.
        2. While in the Emulator submenu, check that Real Time Clock is on.
        3. You are almost set. Delete the .sav file created on your first run.
        4. Close and restart VBA, run the ROM as before. I clearly don't have to tell you how to patch the ROM, because you already attempted to run it.

        Cyclone
        thanks Cyclone everything's working perfectly right now =D
          #404    
        Old November 14th, 2012 (5:38 AM).
        MoosePlus's Avatar
        MoosePlus MoosePlus is offline
           
          Join Date: Mar 2012
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 9
          ahh shucks i just tried to evolve my golbat today but got the "...?" message. i suppose i'll need the national pokedex for it to evolve 1st (along with my pineco) D: will go with the kanto pokemon 1st then haha
          btw the game is great so far =D
            #405    
          Old November 14th, 2012 (8:40 AM).
          Cyclone's Avatar
          Cyclone Cyclone is offline
          Eye of the Storm
             
            Join Date: Jul 2012
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 3,392
            You mean you can't evolve something not in the initial Pokédex?

            I did propose due to wide availability of certain types to give out the National Pokédex right away, but I don't know whether diego is going to put that in. I mean, I had a dozen Pokémon and five entries...

            Cyclone
            __________________
            "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

            Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
            Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

            Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

              #406    
            Old November 16th, 2012 (12:36 AM).
            MoosePlus's Avatar
            MoosePlus MoosePlus is offline
               
              Join Date: Mar 2012
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 9
              hmm that does sound like a good idea seeing that there are quite a lot of non-kanto pokemon at the start!
                #407    
              Old November 17th, 2012 (2:02 AM).
              GhostHunterz's Avatar
              GhostHunterz GhostHunterz is offline
              Walking with Ghost Pokemons
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2012
                Location: Underworld
                Age: 17
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 7
                Your hacks are really awesome. Im waiting for more.
                  #408    
                Old November 22nd, 2012 (2:03 PM).
                miksy91's Avatar
                miksy91 miksy91 is offline
                Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2008
                  Location: A small country in the North
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 1,435
                  I ended up trying the hack after seeing, in the thread of my own hack, CycloneGU's comment about how a certain mountain city is connected to an area leading to it.

                  But that's all there is about that...

                  I have no idea why I hadn't tried this hack out earlier but it's really something else. I was never a big fan of hearing you start out with this "Mikachu fakemon" and some other things prevented me from playing it too, I guess I wasn't fond of 3rd gen hacks at that time either (not like I would play most pokemon hacks now either).

                  But really, playing this was a refreshing experience! Although I prefer seeing something totally new and not playing "fight a trainer, fight another trainer, wander around in grass, ..., get to another town, fight more trainers, get another gym badge..." type of hacks, this was a lot better.
                  I like how you've put thought into the events; for example, I wasn't disappointed at all being forced to start out with Mikachu seeing how you were made to go on with it and the pokemon itself didn't "come out of nowhere" either (referring to how it was born here). And wouldn't consider it being a "fakemon" for this matter either.

                  Keep it up, this is one hack I'll continue checking updates for

                  Spoiler:
                  And nice to see you liked my new tutorial by the way, hahha :D
                  __________________
                  My Rom Hack



                  Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
                  CP of encountered pokemon in GO

                  Learn how to hack GB/C games:

                  Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
                  -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
                    #409    
                  Old November 22nd, 2012 (8:21 PM).
                  Cyclone's Avatar
                  Cyclone Cyclone is offline
                  Eye of the Storm
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2012
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 3,392
                    Haha, glad I got someone else interested in this hack.

                    While I can't talk about changes yet, I did propose some changes and even split up that big Route 1 into a couple of new maps; unless other changes have been made that I don't know about, the game will have a much friendlier start to it rather than forcing a weak trainer back through lots of grass. There will still be some required Trainer battles en route to the cave that leads to Vantrek City, but it won't seem as intense. I think the number of Trainers involved up to the end of the current beta was something that got criticized, but I also think the level jump between Route 2 and Route 3 made the hack virtually unplayable after that point unless you overlevel yourself before getting there (I thought I was overleveled and boy, did I get overwhelmed). I look forward to seeing any changes to that area, but I agree the map design so far (and the changes I have seen) looks pretty.

                    Cyclone
                    __________________
                    "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

                    Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                    Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

                    Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

                      #410    
                    Old November 23rd, 2012 (12:00 AM).
                    XeroNos's Avatar
                    XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2011
                      Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                      Age: 27
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Brave
                      Posts: 3,015
                      I tried the game yesterday and Boy I was amazed to find the graphics so cool like LP. Later when I played the game at that event of Mikachu I thought I will get both Torchic as well as Mikachu but it was gone. Is that a Bug?
                        #411    
                      Old November 23rd, 2012 (6:29 AM).
                      Cyclone's Avatar
                      Cyclone Cyclone is offline
                      Eye of the Storm
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 3,392
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                        I tried the game yesterday and Boy I was amazed to find the graphics so cool like LP. Later when I played the game at that event of Mikachu I thought I will get both Torchic as well as Mikachu but it was gone. Is that a Bug?
                        Negative. If you pay attention to what the professor says, he eventually addresses this saying that Mikachu caused the two to switch places, and Torchic is safe and sound at the lab. I don't know whether Torchic (and indeed the other starters) all show up later for capture, but remember you didn't get to pick a starter; diego could throw that in, but then scripting changes would be needed to indicate the correct Pokémon and it would turn into "But I chose this one! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

                        Cyclone
                        __________________
                        "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

                        Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                        Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

                        Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

                          #412    
                        Old November 25th, 2012 (9:21 PM).
                        Diegoisawesome's Avatar
                        Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
                        Oh god the bees
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2007
                        Location: :noitacoL
                        Age: 20
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Naive
                        Posts: 1,032
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                        What I wanted to post my question on the other thread. Silly me . So a new region is included in here. hmmmmmmm
                        Yeah, a custom region is included in Shining Opal. It's called Rinto and it's to the west of Johto.
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by MoosePlus View Post
                        ahh shucks i just tried to evolve my golbat today but got the "...?" message. i suppose i'll need the national pokedex for it to evolve 1st (along with my pineco) D: will go with the kanto pokemon 1st then haha
                        btw the game is great so far =D
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
                        You mean you can't evolve something not in the initial Pokédex?

                        I did propose due to wide availability of certain types to give out the National Pokédex right away, but I don't know whether diego is going to put that in. I mean, I had a dozen Pokémon and five entries...

                        Cyclone
                        That was a mistake I never fixed. I'm either going to remove the restriction itself or give the national Pokédex.
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by GhostHunterz View Post
                        Your hacks are really awesome. Im waiting for more.
                        Thanks for the compliment!
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
                        I ended up trying the hack after seeing, in the thread of my own hack, CycloneGU's comment about how a certain mountain city is connected to an area leading to it.

                        But that's all there is about that...

                        I have no idea why I hadn't tried this hack out earlier but it's really something else. I was never a big fan of hearing you start out with this "Mikachu fakemon" and some other things prevented me from playing it too, I guess I wasn't fond of 3rd gen hacks at that time either (not like I would play most pokemon hacks now either).

                        But really, playing this was a refreshing experience! Although I prefer seeing something totally new and not playing "fight a trainer, fight another trainer, wander around in grass, ..., get to another town, fight more trainers, get another gym badge..." type of hacks, this was a lot better.
                        I like how you've put thought into the events; for example, I wasn't disappointed at all being forced to start out with Mikachu seeing how you were made to go on with it and the pokemon itself didn't "come out of nowhere" either (referring to how it was born here). And wouldn't consider it being a "fakemon" for this matter either.

                        Keep it up, this is one hack I'll continue checking updates for

                        Spoiler:
                        And nice to see you liked my new tutorial by the way, hahha :D
                        Thanks for taking a look at the game. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Just to let you know, in the next version the plot will be even more fleshed out. And the planned climax... Let's just say that I don't think anyone will see it coming. But that's for the far future.
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                        I tried the game yesterday and Boy I was amazed to find the graphics so cool like LP.
                        Thanks for the compliment!
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
                        ...Diego could throw that in, but then scripting changes would be needed to indicate the correct Pokémon and it would turn into "But I chose this one! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

                        Cyclone
                        Yeah, that's pretty much how it would go, plus I would need to change around more than a few plot points if Colby hadn't chosen his Pokémon when he did.
                        __________________


                        My other resources:
                        My Website
                        diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
                        diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
                        The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
                        Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
                        GBA Intro Manager
                        The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
                          #413    
                        Old November 26th, 2012 (12:36 AM).
                        XeroNos's Avatar
                        XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2011
                          Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                          Age: 27
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Brave
                          Posts: 3,015
                          When I talked with following guys inside the 1st Gym city's restaurant the game freezes

                            #414    
                          Old November 26th, 2012 (7:08 PM).
                          Cyclone's Avatar
                          Cyclone Cyclone is offline
                          Eye of the Storm
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2012
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 3,392
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                            When I talked with following guys inside the 1st Gym city's restaurant the game freezes

                            He's already aware of that - I actually found my way in there when I tried the beta. He told me it might be buggy so I saved state before talking to any of the guys. After I got a freeze, I reloaded state and got the heck outta there. :D

                            Cyclone
                            __________________
                            "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

                            Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                            Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

                            Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

                              #415    
                            Old November 27th, 2012 (12:28 AM).
                            XeroNos's Avatar
                            XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2011
                              Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                              Age: 27
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Brave
                              Posts: 3,015
                              Hmmm Ok Cyclone.
                              I found another itchy thing:

                              The gym leader is a female right??? So how come she has a male name.. Haa haa
                              Secondly can any one tell me where is HM Cut? I badly need it now to progress further in the game
                                #416    
                              Old November 27th, 2012 (7:29 AM).
                              Cyclone's Avatar
                              Cyclone Cyclone is offline
                              Eye of the Storm
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2012
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 3,392
                                Hmm.

                                Well, he looks cute, doesn't he?

                                Also, you may have reached the end of the beta. Route 5 isn't complete in this beta, so assuming you even get past the Cut trees and into the city, you can't do much else.

                                Cyclone
                                __________________
                                "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

                                Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                                Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

                                Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

                                  #417    
                                Old November 27th, 2012 (11:54 PM).
                                XeroNos's Avatar
                                XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2011
                                  Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                  Age: 27
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Brave
                                  Posts: 3,015
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
                                  Hmm.

                                  Well, he looks cute, doesn't he?

                                  Also, you may have reached the end of the beta. Route 5 isn't complete in this beta, so assuming you even get past the Cut trees and into the city, you can't do much else.

                                  Cyclone
                                  What already I thought it goes further than that. How disappointing :\

                                  Hey I just found out that the beta does not ends there but it has Route 5 as well as Kindor city. You lied Cyclone
                                    #418    
                                  Old November 28th, 2012 (12:16 AM).
                                  ℨᶾanana's Avatar
                                  ℨᶾanana ℨᶾanana is offline
                                  ✪ Dragons Lead ✪
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2012
                                    Location: Malaysia
                                    Age: 22
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Quiet
                                    Posts: 119
                                    Wow what lovely Hack... i think i'm gonna Play this Hack Now!
                                    __________________
                                      #419    
                                    Old December 1st, 2012 (1:10 PM).
                                    Hound of Justice Hound of Justice is offline
                                    Banned
                                       
                                      Join Date: Aug 2012
                                      Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
                                      Age: 24
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Naughty
                                      Posts: 1,082
                                      Umm he will probably change the Gym Sprites for now he uses FR/LG sprites and i think the hack ends in the big city with the beach and hotels im not 100% sure though maybe i was stuck and there was other places available.. Also i found a npc who dsnt have any dialogue in this last city.
                                        #420    
                                      Old December 3rd, 2012 (1:56 AM).
                                      XeroNos's Avatar
                                      XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jan 2011
                                        Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                        Age: 27
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Brave
                                        Posts: 3,015
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
                                        Umm he will probably change the Gym Sprites for now he uses FR/LG sprites and i think the hack ends in the big city with the beach and hotels im not 100% sure though maybe i was stuck and there was other places available.. Also i found a npc who dsnt have any dialogue in this last city.
                                        Do you know where can i find HM Cut? I Badly need it to progress further in the game
                                          #421    
                                        Old December 3rd, 2012 (7:41 AM).
                                        Cyclone's Avatar
                                        Cyclone Cyclone is offline
                                        Eye of the Storm
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jul 2012
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 3,392
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                                          Hey I just found out that the beta does not ends there but it has Route 5 as well as Kindor city. You lied Cyclone
                                          "Lied" would imply I knew there was a Route 5 and was purposefully deceiving you. This, I assure you, was not the case. I thought the game stopped at the city after Route 4 and access was blocked. Where do you find it ends, then?

                                          Cyclone
                                          __________________
                                          "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

                                          Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                                          Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

                                          Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

                                            #422    
                                          Old December 4th, 2012 (12:00 AM).
                                          XeroNos's Avatar
                                          XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jan 2011
                                            Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                            Age: 27
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Brave
                                            Posts: 3,015
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
                                            "Lied" would imply I knew there was a Route 5 and was purposefully deceiving you. This, I assure you, was not the case. I thought the game stopped at the city after Route 4 and access was blocked. Where do you find it ends, then?

                                            Cyclone
                                            Sorry if that word hurt you. Because I looked on first page and saw him saying that by himself that it ends in Kindor City
                                              #423    
                                            Old December 4th, 2012 (8:32 AM).
                                            Cyclone's Avatar
                                            Cyclone Cyclone is offline
                                            Eye of the Storm
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jul 2012
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 3,392
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                                              Sorry if that word hurt you. Because I looked on first page and saw him saying that by himself that it ends in Kindor City
                                              Who said it hurt me? You should watch comments like that, however, for the reason you just noted. I clearly missed the Kindor City bit.

                                              Cyclone
                                              __________________
                                              "Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

                                              Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                                              Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

                                              Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

                                                #424    
                                              Old December 4th, 2012 (5:03 PM).
                                              Diegoisawesome's Avatar
                                              Diegoisawesome Diegoisawesome is offline
                                              Oh god the bees
                                              • Silver Tier
                                               
                                              Join Date: Dec 2007
                                              Location: :noitacoL
                                              Age: 20
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Naive
                                              Posts: 1,032
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
                                              Umm he will probably change the Gym Sprites for now he uses FR/LG sprites and i think the hack ends in the big city with the beach and hotels im not 100% sure though maybe i was stuck and there was other places available.. Also i found a npc who dsnt have any dialogue in this last city.
                                              I definitely want to change the sprites in the future. And where would I find this person with no dialogue?
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                                              Do you know where can i find HM Cut? I Badly need it to progress further in the game
                                              Spoiler:
                                              The Cut HM can be found after beating the five trainers at the Battle Arena.
                                              __________________


                                              My other resources:
                                              My Website
                                              diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
                                              diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
                                              The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
                                              Diego's Miscellaneous Patches
                                              GBA Intro Manager
                                              The Secret Sauce: Triple-Layer Tiles
                                                #425    
                                              Old December 4th, 2012 (11:44 PM).
                                              XeroNos's Avatar
                                              XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jan 2011
                                                Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                                Age: 27
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Brave
                                                Posts: 3,015
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
                                                I definitely want to change the sprites in the future. And where would I find this person with no dialogue?

                                                Spoiler:
                                                The Cut HM can be found after beating the five trainers at the Battle Arena.
                                                Thanks and I kept thinking I missed it earlier in previous city. So that place opens up after all!!!
                                                Closed Thread
                                                Quick Reply

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:12 AM.