• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Another New Game [T]

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
@ Lilizuki - Your SU looks good~ I can actually see a bit of myself in Adelaide...except I'm a guy ._. Unfortunately, although it wasn't directly mentioned, Sarah has already reserved the last Wild Card. Sorry. Mudkip and Treecko are available though.

@ Sarah - Sarah scares me a bit >.< Um, the appearance section there seems a bit thin, but I'll let that slide. Just the RP sample now. I know I said it was only about you receiving the mail, but if you could just make that a tad longer, I'll accept you in. I'm looking for RPers who can do semi-novel-length RP posts, see. So, until then, you are pending~

Forgot to mention this, but reservations only last 24 hours, so Chuuritsu, you only have until 12:48 pm (GMT +8) to post your SU~

The style of PC is different than what I'm used to, On the other sites, I just use a "Look" for it, but I should have it up sometime tonight.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Found a perfect name~

Name: Ariel Mihara

History: Ariel is a half-Japanese living with her mother and Step-father. Her family believes in the new age, contrast to the traditional Japanese spartan household, but even then she was never told who her biological father is.

She moved up several years and is currently a 2nd year High School student studying in the Sumida prefecture of Tokyo, Japan. As an advanced student, she is sort of an outcast, with select few friends and has trouble relating to others.

Ariel has trouble with names, where she is called "Ai-chan" or "Rie-chan" by her peers, for her part her surname is a sensitive issue to her. This often leads to small arguments, with Ariel backing down and not making the effort to fix the mess. Her seclusive demeanor does not help her in this cases. Among her class, she's above-average in everything but Physical Education, but this only drives the rift between her and her peers even more.

She's different inside and outside of her school, whereas she is sunny and prancing at the sidewalk, something one would expect from a childish 14-year old, she is very spacey and subdued at her desk in her class. Some people say she has violent tenancies, where she will suddenly lash out at those who try to provoke or approach her.

Her family knows of this, and she often goes to a doctor for a periodical checkup.

Appearance: Her chestnut-brown hair is cut an inch above the shoulders, framing her wide green eyes. Her skin is fair and her slim figure stands at 4'11.

Ariel is almost always found wearing at least one hair accessory, be it clip, band, or ribbon. The only exception to the rule is when she's wearing one of her collection of head-wears.

She often wears a purple or gray double-breasted coat with a white shirt poking from underneath the neckline, a matching pleated skirt, and brown or onyx boots. Sometimes she wears a necklace to go with her outfit.

Over all, she looks more of European descent with Japanese traits here and there.

Personality: She suffers from D.I.D., with at least two other personalities. Her dominant personality(original) however is reclusive and prefers to read than to talk to other people. She is more likely to trust and follow others than to take lead.

Ariel doesn't know how to react to other people and often relies on her emotions to dictate what she is going to do. Compared to her other persona though and most children, Ariel seems more 'mold-able' than most.

One thing to note, however, is that her personality shifts at a moment's notice. There are tell-tale signs of this happening, like her pupils dilating, her pausing for a second, and her swapping her head-wear.

Likes: Head-wear, the colour Violet, White Chocolate, dogs, birds, reading and Anime.
Dislikes: Names in general, Eggplants, People who bother her, and hospitals.

Starter Pokémon: Treecko

RP sample: Ehehehe~ I got carried away typing this out.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
@ Lilizuki - The developer originally only wanted three players, but thought that wouldn't be very fun, so he added two wild cards for an additional two players. If he let those five people choose from the same list, it wouldn't be that interesting, so he made it so that after the first one to save Prof. Birch from the wild Pokemon picks his/her starter, that Pokeball disappears from the bag and so forth. Pretty much it >.<

@ Sarah - Alright, things seem to be good there :> Accepted I can't wait to see how Sarah will behave inside the game with all those monsters around :D

Wildcard Roulette:
Spoiler:

@ Rune Alchemist - D'aww, Ariel~ The way you described her makes me want to meet her in person ;w; She seems so...cuddly. Anyway, I liked how you RP'd Ariel there ^^ I'd love to see how her D.I.D affects her gameplay. Which, by the way, means you're accepted with Treecko!

So that leaves us with Mudkip and Torchic~ If Lilizuki wants Torchic, and since Chuuritsu's reservation has expired, she can have Torchic ^^ I'll PM Chuuritsu about his reservation. So, that leaves with only 1 more open spot. I'll make an OOC thread right away so we can officially get this party started ^^

EDIT: By the way guys, how do you feel about money in the RP? I plan to put it in to make it more game-like, but I'm afraid it would too much to handle.

Attention players!

So we don't waste too much time on the prologue, please ready a post (or several small ones) for the prologue. For a guide:

Prologue: Let's get this adventure started
Tasks needed to accomplish:
- Meet game "mom" and learn about "dad." Also, find out about Pokemon from her.
- Explore Littleroot Town. You can't travel outside town until you've met your rival. If you try, your body uncontrollably walk back. Game script >.>
- Go to neighbor's house. Meet rival.
- Go outside and see Prof. Birch, being attacked by a Pokemon. Get starter and battle Pokemon. Oh yeah, and if you try to back out from helping the Prof., you're body uncontrollably walks back to the Prof.
- After defeating, you follow the Prof. back to the Lab, where he gives you your Pokemon officially, a PokeDex and 5 Pokeballs.

You are free to do whatever you want as long as you accomplish these tasks. I want to see how your characters react to the fact that you are now in the game world. After doing so, you can proceed to Chapter 1 and really start your adventure. And don't worry~ You don't have to accomplish all of these in one bulky post. You can post several small posts. As long as you accomplish all of them before proceeding. You arrive here during different times, have different houses and moms, but eerily have the same dad. You also have different rivals. Unlike in the game, your rival is not Birch's daughter.

And about the whole "Sorry to keep you waiting," scene, your character has gone through that, but remembers it only as a dream or whatever. Long story short: time skip, yup.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Sold on Torchic. Can you say "Uber"? :P

As for money, it should be fairly simple to do it like in the game. Depending on any twists you have in mind...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Wait a minute...if the rival isn't Birch's daughter, how are we meant to prepare personal prologues? Seems like the rival's identity is a big part of the prologue, so we kinda of need to know the replacement. :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I just read through everyone else's characters, I'm so excited for this to start. It's been a while since I last did a Pokemon rpg.

Is pokemon an established game in our characters reality?

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Huh... Well, I'm not really sure how to prepare, since some points are unclear. Does it have to follow the Game Script? If it does, I have to get an Emulator to refresh my memory of R/S/E...

Don't get me wrong, I have Sapphire, but the battery's dead so I can't save with it.

Please note that some characters react differently. For example, My character and "Rival", they may be "friends" but Ariel won't enter the house... at all. Unless invited, but even then she needs a lot of coaxing.

Sarah Mo-... yeah, Anyway, it seems like Pokemon IS a game in our universe. See Curious.'s post. Unless RPM (It's what I call the RP's GMs) missed that, we have meta-gaming knowledge. :cheeky:
Except if your character doesn't do any gaming.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I started mine already, and I followed the script...somewhat... lol.

Kool, Sarah isn't a gamer, but her little brother is.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Following the game script would be a real pain for me, as I can't find a transcript of R/S/E anywhere on Google.

Adelaide is all about the meta-gaming. She's gonna genre savvy the heck out of this. :v

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I'm playing on an Emulator right now, so I don't have any problems (Except for me having a slower posting time, as I have to pace the game to the RP)

That aside though, if we don't follow the game script, we don't have meta-gaming. I'm fine either way, but I'm leaning towards less game-scripts/meta-gaming.

Ariel's Meta-gaming knowledge... I don't really know how much. Personally, I have most experience in Yellow, Sapphire and Diamond, but Ariel... I guess if there is meta-gaming, she'll only know these three. That, and some hear-say from her classmates. She lived in Japan after all, where Pokemon is made.

The Developer... Well, suffice to say he'll make things harder for meta-gamers. He did make some changes. Also, being Genre-savvy doesn't have to rely on meta-gaming. You just have to know you're in the game to do that.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
If there is a transcript online, my Google-fu has failed me. -_-"

@Rune: Heheh, Adelaide needs no former experience with a particular game! Everything is run by tropes, and she just needs to manipulate them to her advantage. :P

@Sarah: Meta-gaming is using player knowledge to affect things in-game. For example, I know that the guy with the beard and bandana is named Archie, but Adelaide doesn't. If I were to have her say "Hey, that's Archie", that would be meta-gaming.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
If there is a transcript online, my Google-fu has failed me. -_-"

@Rune: Heheh, Adelaide needs no former experience with a particular game! Everything is run by tropes, and she just needs to manipulate them to her advantage. :P

@Sarah: Meta-gaming is using player knowledge to affect things in-game. For example, I know that the guy with the beard and bandana is named Archie, but Adelaide doesn't. If I were to have her say "Hey, that's Archie", that would be meta-gaming.

In other words, using OoC knowledge to be used IC.

Also, I can't find a Script too. I'm not that confident with my Google-skills anyway.

I seem to have found a way around the Rival. Huh. My Pokemon Knowledge is failing me, as I seem to have remembered that We and Rival are childhood friends. XD

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Oh I got it, what if Sarah's knowledge from the game is the result of flashbacks? I was going to have it that she sort of retrained fragments of things her brother told her.

Like basic trainer knowledge.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Hmm...I think there's some confusion here.

Having Sarah Jr. (Mind if I call her that? :P ) remember things her brother told her would be perfectly in-character.

Using things you remember, but she doesn't, would be meta-gaming.

Back