• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've a question: how can i change the rivals name in my hack? I want when i use \h06 in my script the new name appear instead of old.

I do this with thingy, and it works. The problem is i can't change the numer of letters of names...since i'm using Ruby, the female name is only 3 letters long!

thanks a lot
\h06? That's wrong it should be \v\h06... Instead of using that you should just input the name that you want. So instead of \v\h06 you can just put Gary in the script so it will look like a new name for the Rival.
I'm hacking Ruby. The name of rival change depending of gender of player...if i play with a boy, the rival name is MAY, otherwise is BRENDAN. Any one have another idea?

After, another important question: i'm using PKSV for scripting. How can i insert special char like * or arrows (arrows are useful in signpost for example)

Thanks a lot
Anyone can help me? .

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
No, I mean when you insert it. Like the sprite is 16x32 and I want to make it 32x32.

There is a program called Overworld Changer, it works fairly well and will allow you to change the size of any overworld frame by frame.

There is a tread with complete instructions on resizing and inserting overworlds started by destinedjagold. I don't have 15 posts yet so a direct link isn't allowed however it was the first result on Google for "overworld changer".

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Does anyone know how to fix this:
fuiL3.png

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Well I'll try that but first how do I change the pointers back? I never even knew about pointers till I used Advanced trainer (which is also giving me problems). I didn't think I changed anything because I was only moving the Pokemon around. Do I need another program to change the HEX or something, or did I just overlook something that's in Advanced Map? *facewall* Sorry for all the questions. To be honest, I'm kind of a newb at this. x-x;;;

There are lots of HEX editing programs out on the internet, like HEX Workshop, HxD or Cygnus. If its this over your head I think it would be best to just PM me an .ips file of your hack so I can see what's happenning and hopefully get it straightened out :P

Does anyone know how to fix this:
fuiL3.png

It seems like you've set your border on that map to be the first tile in the regular FR tileset. While it may look black in A-Map due to the palette that it is using, the tile is actually completely transparent. Just change the border to some other configuration of tiles and it should look okay.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
How do you properly add one-time "Pokeball event" items to a custom map in FireRed? Once I leave the map, the item I had previously picked up always respawns. I wrote the code exactly like the working ones in the base game, minus the numbers, of course. I can add working trainers, npcs, and hidden items to them, but not the standard visible items..

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
How do you properly add one-time "Pokeball event" items to a custom map in FireRed? Once I leave the map, the item I had previously picked up always respawns. I wrote the code exactly like the working ones in the base game, minus the numbers, of course. I can add working trainers, npcs, and hidden items to them, but not the standard visible items..

You need to set a flag after you pick up the item. There are many tutorials on how to use flags in the tutorials section.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
Firered: The map connections all appear fine (through the previews) in Advance map, but when I load the rom up in VBA, the connections only work in one direction, and then the player gets stuck, hitting an invisible wall. (movement permissions appear correct as well)

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Alright, I've got a serious question. I'm working on a ROM, and I've changed the Professor Oak sprite at the beginning. The problem is, the sprite uses the background instead of the real sprite palette. How do I fix this? It's also happening to the female sprite. Please help.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
Quick help: I need an easy fix for this.

FCLb0.png

I don't have any advice on how to fix this, but did you make any modifications to that? If so, what? I'm sure that would be helpful for solving the problem - for someone who knows how.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've a question: how can i change the rivals name in my hack? I want when i use \h06 in my script the new name appear instead of old.

I do this with thingy, and it works. The problem is i can't change the numer of letters of names...since i'm using Ruby, the female name is only 3 letters long!

thanks a lot
\h06? That's wrong it should be \v\h06... Instead of using that you should just input the name that you want. So instead of \v\h06 you can just put Gary in the script so it will look like a new name for the Rival.
I'm hacking Ruby. The name of rival change depending of gender of player...if i play with a boy, the rival name is MAY, otherwise is BRENDAN. Any one have another idea?

After, another important question: i'm using PKSV for scripting. How can i insert special char like * or arrows (arrows are useful in signpost for example)

Thanks a lot
Anyone can help me? .

Really anyone had to do this?

Years
I don't have any advice on how to fix this, but did you make any modifications to that? If so, what? I'm sure that would be helpful for solving the problem - for someone who knows how.

At that time, mostly edits to the title screen. I mean, at all. All the ROM had changed at the time was the title screen and Groudon was replaced by Heatran.

Years
This problem is really pissing me off and I can't find a solution for it.

Okay, so I have two interior maps. One is a Pokémon Center, the other is just an ordinary interior house. The interior house shares the map footer of other interior maps, and both the Pokémon Center, interior house, and other maps that share the interior map's footer, look fine in Advance Map. However, when I go in-game, either the Pokémon Center appears to be the interior house with the same movement permissions as the interior house but the correct events of the Pokémon Center. So I followed diegoisawesome's tutorial, here, and it appeared to have fixed the Pokémon Center, and it had.

Except now the interior house appears to be the Pokémon Center and has the same movement permissions but with the interior house's correct events.

I keep repointing the footer, trying to reinsert the map anew, and each time they are still linked. If it helps, the Pokémon Center's map is (6.1) and the interior house I have trouble with is (6.7). I am genuinely puzzled, I've tried tweaking like every byte in both of the maps' footers AND headers, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

xxcandyvioletxx

Pink eevee <3
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Hi all,
For anyone who uses or knows a lot about Advance Map Editor for Fire Red, I really need help...
I was changing around tiles in the house that connects Route 2 to Viridian forest, and something went wrong.
First of all, for some reason in the left panel where it displays the maps, under Route 2 it replaced all of the maps with the house map that connects it. They are all the same now, and I can't find out how to fix it so that the other maps will show up again.

The second problem is, I can't get out of the house, because I saved the game on accident where the house is, and now my player is stuck, because for some reason, even after changing the movements to C where they should be, my player still can't get out of either door in the house.

Would there happen to be any way to restore all of Route 2 to it's default settings? I tried searching on google but I couldn't find any help for it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Hi all,
For anyone who uses or knows a lot about Advance Map Editor for Fire Red, I really need help...
I was changing around tiles in the house that connects Route 2 to Viridian forest, and something went wrong.
First of all, for some reason in the left panel where it displays the maps, under Route 2 it replaced all of the maps with the house map that connects it. They are all the same now, and I can't find out how to fix it so that the other maps will show up again.

The second problem is, I can't get out of the house, because I saved the game on accident where the house is, and now my player is stuck, because for some reason, even after changing the movements to C where they should be, my player still can't get out of either door in the house.

Would there happen to be any way to restore all of Route 2 to it's default settings? I tried searching on google but I couldn't find any help for it.

Thanks.

The best thing you can do is go to an earlier version of the game before you saved those changes.

xxcandyvioletxx

Pink eevee <3
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
How do I delete the save file?

I don't have any other save files loaded except for the most recent one, so I'm not sure how to start a new game. Also, the problem lies with Advance map editor, not with the ROM itself. It was fine until something went wrong when I edited the maps for route 2.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
How do I delete the save file?
Whenever you save your game it creates a file with the extension called .SAV
Just right click on that file and delete it or drag it to your recycling bin.

I don't have any other save files loaded except for the most recent one, so I'm not sure how to start a new game. Also, the problem lies with Advance map editor, not with the ROM itself. It was fine until something went wrong when I edited the maps for route 2.

If you delete the file with the .SAV extension it should let you restart the game but the advance map editor will likely still have the same issues because it's just reading the ROM program.

xxcandyvioletxx

Pink eevee <3
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Thanks for your help! :)
I'll definitely do that so that I'm not stuck in the house anymore.
As for my next problem though, I can't get through route 2 without going into the house....So does anyone know how to help me in that area as far as the advance map portion of my question goes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back