The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: General Discussions Pokémon Trading Card Game
Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #276    
Old November 29th, 2012 (11:56 AM).
Senoue Senoue is offline
    TCGO:
     
    Join Date: Jun 2011
    Location: California
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 11
    Cresselia EX - Boundaries Crossed (Not full art)
    Golurk - Boundaries Crossed 150/149
    Landorus EX - Boundaries Crossed (Not Full art)
    Crystal Wall - Boundaries Crossed

    Relevant Advertising!

      #277    
    Old November 29th, 2012 (3:11 PM).
    Captain Gizmo's Avatar
    Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
    Legit Boss
    • Gold Tier
    TCGO:
     
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: Canada
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 4,824
    Crawdaunt - Ex Deoxys
    Water Energy - Ex Emerald
    Beldum - Ex Deoxys
    Regirock Ex - Ex Emerald

    How much are these worth?
    __________________
    ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
    |3DS FC|
      #278    
    Old November 30th, 2012 (6:39 PM).
    Don Bastio Don Bastio is offline
    Banned
      TCGO:
       
      Join Date: Nov 2012
      Location: Florida
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 32
      i used to collect but i don't any more im just curious about what one of my cards was worth
        #279    
      Old December 1st, 2012 (8:17 PM).
      donavannj's Avatar
      donavannj donavannj is offline
      • Moderator
      • Crystal Tier
      TCGO: donavannj
       
      Join Date: Mar 2005
      Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
      Age: 26
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 20,403
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by transformerthoom View Post
      Yeah sure i'll keep that in mind, cheers.
      I got 1 more card that needs to be valued.
      It's like a weird japanese trainer card, with a Pikachu with a pencil in it's hand writing something on a couple of books i don't really know...
      Jk lol it's just a Basic Holofoil Raichu from the basic unlimited set
      Cheers
      You tease! :P

      Anyway, Raichu is $3 to $5.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
      I'm not really planning on selling these cards, but I was looking through my collection, and I'm more curious than anything to know if they're worth anything (all of them in mint condition).

      Giratina EX (Full Art, 124/124) - Dragons Exalted
      Gardevoir EX (96/100) - EX Sandstorm
      Raichu EX - (98/100) - EX Sandstorm
      Typhlosion EX - (99/100) - EX Sandstorm

      I also got a Secret Rare Pokemon Catcher (111/108) from a Dark Explorers pack recently, but despite it being a secret card, I'm guessing that it probably isn't worth all that much.
      Giratina EX (full art): $14 to $19
      Gardevoir ex: $4 to $8
      Raichu ex: $7 to $11
      Typhlosion ex: $7 to $11
      Pokemon Catcher (secret rare): $30 to $40

      Pokemon Catcher has serious play applications in the current tournament format, and its normal version from Emerging Powers is also very expensive.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Senoue View Post
      Cresselia EX - Boundaries Crossed (Not full art)
      Golurk - Boundaries Crossed 150/149
      Landorus EX - Boundaries Crossed (Not Full art)
      Crystal Wall - Boundaries Crossed
      Cresselia EX: $7 to $11
      Golurk (secret rare): $10 to $15
      Landorus EX: $25 to $30
      Crystal Wall: $2 to $4

      These values may fluctuate greatly as the format gets used to having these cards in there and figures out what is and isn't worth putting in a deck.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
      Crawdaunt - Ex Deoxys
      Water Energy - Ex Emerald
      Beldum - Ex Deoxys
      Regirock Ex - Ex Emerald

      How much are these worth? :)
      Crawdaunt: $1 to $3
      Water Energy (matrix foil print): $3 to $5
      Beldum: n/a (it's a common - worth less than $0.25)
      Regirock ex: $7 to $11

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Don Bastio View Post
      i used to collect but i don't any more im just curious about what one of my cards was worth
      Top half of Raikou Suicune LEGEND: $5 to $7
      __________________

      A Pokemon that is amazing.
      Support Bulbasaur because Charmander and Squirtle both suck!
        #280    
      Old December 2nd, 2012 (5:10 PM).
      darkwaters93's Avatar
      darkwaters93 darkwaters93 is offline
      Ninja Vaporeon
        TCGO:
         
        Join Date: Oct 2012
        Location: In the United States of America
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 29
        I'm not sure what the card's info is because it's in japanese, and i dont have a scanner or camera, but it is set up like a trainer card. It has a picture of a pikachu drawing a charmander, and it says 'ILLUSTRATOR' at the top. also, im not quite sure what set it is from because it doesnt have a number, and the 'set icon' is just a paintbrush or microphone or something. also in the bottom corner there are 2 stars, so im hoping its rare.
        __________________
          #281    
        Old December 2nd, 2012 (6:31 PM).
        Captain Gizmo's Avatar
        Captain Gizmo Captain Gizmo is offline
        Legit Boss
        • Gold Tier
        TCGO:
         
        Join Date: Sep 2012
        Location: Canada
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 4,824
        Thanks alot, but the Beldum is a holo. It's common from the pack?
        __________________
        ♥Plusle bro of Synerjee♥ | ♥Pink Mommy♥
        |3DS FC|
          #282    
        Old December 2nd, 2012 (6:42 PM).
        donavannj's Avatar
        donavannj donavannj is offline
        • Moderator
        • Crystal Tier
        TCGO: donavannj
         
        Join Date: Mar 2005
        Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
        Age: 26
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 20,403
        It may be a "holo", but it's a reverse holo if it is holo, and the rarity is still common, so it's worth maybe an extra 5 cents more than the normal version, if that.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by darkwaters93 View Post
        I'm not sure what the card's info is because it's in japanese, and i dont have a scanner or camera, but it is set up like a trainer card. It has a picture of a pikachu drawing a charmander, and it says 'ILLUSTRATOR' at the top. also, im not quite sure what set it is from because it doesnt have a number, and the 'set icon' is just a paintbrush or microphone or something. also in the bottom corner there are 2 stars, so im hoping its rare.
        What you've just described would be known as the Pikachu Illustrator card, if the version you have is legitimate. However, I doubt the authenticity of your version, as only 6 are confirmed to exist, only 5 are in "circulation", and only 4 have been sold. Yours is most likely a fake, because if it wasn't, you'd probably already be aware of what it was last sold for.
        __________________

        A Pokemon that is amazing.
        Support Bulbasaur because Charmander and Squirtle both suck!
          #283    
        Old December 5th, 2012 (1:57 PM).
        ketchum_all ketchum_all is offline
        BR0NY
          TCGO:
           
          Join Date: Dec 2012
          Location: Staten Island, New York
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 2
          A:
          Reverse Holo 1996 Japanese Dragonite,
          Reverse Holo 1996 Japanese Flareon,
          Reverse Holo 1996 Japanese Mr. Mime,
          and a 1999 Promo Electabuzz.
          Thanks!
            #284    
          Old December 7th, 2012 (8:22 AM).
          donavannj's Avatar
          donavannj donavannj is offline
          • Moderator
          • Crystal Tier
          TCGO: donavannj
           
          Join Date: Mar 2005
          Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
          Age: 26
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 20,403
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by ketchum_all View Post
          A:
          Reverse Holo 1996 Japanese Dragonite,
          Reverse Holo 1996 Japanese Flareon,
          Reverse Holo 1996 Japanese Mr. Mime,
          and a 1999 Promo Electabuzz.
          Thanks!
          Could I see pictures of those Japanese cards? They sound like fakes, given that those cards didn't actually come as reverse holos even in Japanese.

          As for Promo Electabuzz: $1 to $3.
          __________________

          A Pokemon that is amazing.
          Support Bulbasaur because Charmander and Squirtle both suck!
            #285    
          Old December 8th, 2012 (11:30 AM).
          ketchum_all ketchum_all is offline
          BR0NY
            TCGO:
             
            Join Date: Dec 2012
            Location: Staten Island, New York
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 2
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
            Could I see pictures of those Japanese cards? They sound like fakes, given that those cards didn't actually come as reverse holos even in Japanese.
            Here you go! Sorry for the long wait, I got swamped with homework
            Attached Images
            File Type: jpg flareon.jpg‎ (693.8 KB, 10 views) (Save to Dropbox)
            File Type: jpg dragonite.jpg‎ (651.7 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
            File Type: jpg Mr.Mime.jpg‎ (668.6 KB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)
              #286    
            Old December 8th, 2012 (1:56 PM).
            o Pikachu o's Avatar
            o Pikachu o o Pikachu o is offline
            Pikachu
            • Crystal Tier
            TCGO:
             
            Join Date: Aug 2012
            Location: Canada
            Age: 19
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 209
            Near Mint Japanese Metagross Gold Star 075/086 Holon Research Tower 1st edition

            Spoiler:

            __________________
            Shiny Pokemon I caught :(Platinum) (Shining Charm) (SC)
              #287    
            Old December 8th, 2012 (11:31 PM).
            #1-Trainer's Avatar
            #1-Trainer #1-Trainer is offline
            Poke' Master.
              TCGO:
               
              Join Date: Nov 2008
              Location: Australia
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Hardy
              Posts: 24
              What's a good price for a complete set of base, jungle and fossil sets in unlimited - as a whole. The average condition for the cards would probably be around 8.5-10 condition, all non-played - save for a very sad Machamp card. lolz!
              __________________
              ________________________
              The original Pokemon trainer.
                #288    
              Old December 10th, 2012 (9:39 AM).
              donavannj's Avatar
              donavannj donavannj is offline
              • Moderator
              • Crystal Tier
              TCGO: donavannj
               
              Join Date: Mar 2005
              Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 20,403
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ketchum_all View Post
              Here you go! Sorry for the long wait, I got swamped with homework
              Oh. Those are just normal holos, not reverse holos.

              Japanese Fossil Dragonite: $2 to $4
              Japanese Jungle Flareon: $3 to $5
              Japanese Jungle Mr. Mime: $3 to $5


              Quote:
              Originally Posted by o Pikachu o View Post
              Near Mint Japanese Metagross Gold Star 075/086 Holon Research Tower 1st edition
              Spoiler:

              $20 to $25

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by #1-Trainer View Post
              What's a good price for a complete set of base, jungle and fossil sets in unlimited - as a whole. The average condition for the cards would probably be around 8.5-10 condition, all non-played - save for a very sad Machamp card. lolz!
              Generally, these three sets aren't sold as a group, so I'll give you individual set prices.

              Base: $70 to $90. Closer to the lower end because of that Machamp.
              Jungle: $65 to $75.
              Fossil: $60 to $70.

              Also, I found a listing for them together, and that one went for $250. Only completed listing I found for all three, though. I also found one for both jungle and fossil that only went for $70. Something to chew on.
              __________________

              A Pokemon that is amazing.
              Support Bulbasaur because Charmander and Squirtle both suck!
                #289    
              Old December 11th, 2012 (7:29 PM).
              McDanil McDanil is offline
                TCGO:
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2012
                Posts: 1
                Okay, so I just joined the forum, to ask a question. I recently found, in my possesion, a Victreebel holofoil card from the Jungle set. Pretty nice overall, except for one thing. There is no Jungle set stamp. Instead, there's just a empty space, as if it were from the base set. What is this? What is it worth?
                  #290    
                Old December 11th, 2012 (7:32 PM).
                EQUALSGAMER's Avatar
                EQUALSGAMER EQUALSGAMER is offline
                Proud user of Garbodor
                  TCGO:
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2012
                  Location: St.Louis
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 61
                  dragon's vault dragonite holo
                  dragon's vault salmence holo
                  __________________
                  X Team
                  [Noivern]
                    #291    
                  Old December 13th, 2012 (12:54 AM).
                  donavannj's Avatar
                  donavannj donavannj is offline
                  • Moderator
                  • Crystal Tier
                  TCGO: donavannj
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2005
                  Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 20,403
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by McDanil View Post
                  Okay, so I just joined the forum, to ask a question. I recently found, in my possesion, a Victreebel holofoil card from the Jungle set. Pretty nice overall, except for one thing. There is no Jungle set stamp. Instead, there's just a empty space, as if it were from the base set. What is this? What is it worth?
                  It's a misprint. Its worth is about $8 to $10.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by EQUALSGAMER View Post
                  dragon's vault dragonite holo
                  dragon's vault salmence holo
                  Dragonite: $1 to $2
                  Salamence $1 to $3

                  They're quite easy to get in the Dragon Vault boosters.
                  __________________

                  A Pokemon that is amazing.
                  Support Bulbasaur because Charmander and Squirtle both suck!
                    #292    
                  Old December 14th, 2012 (1:15 PM).
                  tykwow tykwow is offline
                    TCGO:
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2012
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 1
                    Hello, I've been doing a lot of research on the original base sets and everything. I recently bought 4 charizard cards. 2 of them have a little black mark beside the bottom right of the portrait, and the other 2 are base set 1 charizards without the black checkish mark. I've been looking online and I think the checked ones are unlimited? but cant find their worth. i haven't received them yet so I don't know if the other 2 are shadowless or not. prices for each? also,
                    1st edition shining celebi, mint
                    I'm asking because I'm looking to buy this lot of 130+ holos from someone locally for about $160, and they're all holos from base set 1 to the dark pokemon (I think, i haven't seen them all). Some are 1st edition, some aren't. Just wanna make sure it's worth the money.
                      #293    
                    Old December 14th, 2012 (6:09 PM).
                    dudesikoff dudesikoff is offline
                      TCGO:
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2010
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 3
                      Japanese Red Gyarados 3 stars No. 130 in great condition.
                        #294    
                      Old December 14th, 2012 (8:59 PM).
                      judah196 judah196 is offline
                        TCGO:
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 3
                        How much are these worth:
                        Gengar shiny 80hp 11/110

                        houndoom G lv. 45 90hp 50/127

                        Flareon shiny lv. 38 80hp 19/111

                        Dark marowak 70hp 7/109

                        Quagsire GL lv. 34 90hp 76/117

                        Ninjask shiny card lv. 42 80hp

                        bottom of ho-oh legend card 112/123

                        Probopass shiny lv. 46 90hp 13/146

                        ursaring shiny lv. 38 100hp 38/123

                        bastiodon lv. 56 130hp 20/127

                        A mismagius that says rampardos GL lv. 63 90hp 11/111

                        vigoroth shiny lv. 28 80hp 64/127

                        samurott shiny 140hp 31/114

                        shiny garchomp lv. 71 650hp 5/147

                        shiny electivire lv. 50 100hp 25/132

                        shiny card whiscash elite four lv. 50 80hp 54/111

                        Yanmega elite four lv. 49 37/111

                        starmie lv. 44 shiny 50/111

                        breloom 70hp 16/109

                        There will be more but just these for now
                          #295    
                        Old December 15th, 2012 (8:43 PM).
                        donavannj's Avatar
                        donavannj donavannj is offline
                        • Moderator
                        • Crystal Tier
                        TCGO: donavannj
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2005
                        Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                        Age: 26
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 20,403
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by tykwow View Post
                        Hello, I've been doing a lot of research on the original base sets and everything. I recently bought 4 charizard cards. 2 of them have a little black mark beside the bottom right of the portrait, and the other 2 are base set 1 charizards without the black checkish mark. I've been looking online and I think the checked ones are unlimited? but cant find their worth. i haven't received them yet so I don't know if the other 2 are shadowless or not. prices for each? also,
                        1st edition shining celebi, mint
                        I'm asking because I'm looking to buy this lot of 130+ holos from someone locally for about $160, and they're all holos from base set 1 to the dark pokemon (I think, i haven't seen them all). Some are 1st edition, some aren't. Just wanna make sure it's worth the money. :)
                        The ones from the unlimited print run shouldn't have any checkmarks at all. A picture would help me identify those. As for the ones you have already, are those 1st edition?

                        1st Edition Shining Celebi can fetch anywhere between $50 and $100 by itself, and far more than that if it's PSA graded, so I think the lot you're looking at is worth it.


                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by dudesikoff View Post
                        Japanese Red Gyarados 3 stars No. 130 in great condition.
                        $45 to $65.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by judah196 View Post
                        How much are these worth:
                        Gengar shiny 80hp 11/110

                        houndoom G lv. 45 90hp 50/127

                        Flareon shiny lv. 38 80hp 19/111

                        Dark marowak 70hp 7/109

                        Quagsire GL lv. 34 90hp 76/117

                        Ninjask shiny card lv. 42 80hp

                        bottom of ho-oh legend card 112/123

                        Probopass shiny lv. 46 90hp 13/146

                        ursaring shiny lv. 38 100hp 38/123

                        bastiodon lv. 56 130hp 20/127

                        A mismagius that says rampardos GL lv. 63 90hp 11/111

                        vigoroth shiny lv. 28 80hp 64/127

                        samurott shiny 140hp 31/114

                        shiny garchomp lv. 71 650hp 5/147

                        shiny electivire lv. 50 100hp 25/132

                        shiny card whiscash elite four lv. 50 80hp 54/111

                        Yanmega elite four lv. 49 37/111

                        starmie lv. 44 shiny 50/111

                        breloom 70hp 16/109

                        There will be more but just these for now
                        I can't price them if you don't provide sets for these. 90% of these cards share similar traits with another card, and I can't guess the sets they're from just with the collector's number level, and HP. I need the actual set name for most of these.

                        I can price Ho-Oh LEGEND's bottom half for you, though, as there's only one possible card that could be. That would be $4 to $7.
                        __________________

                        A Pokemon that is amazing.
                        Support Bulbasaur because Charmander and Squirtle both suck!
                          #296    
                        Old December 16th, 2012 (1:21 AM). Edited December 16th, 2012 by whatsgoindown.
                        whatsgoindown whatsgoindown is offline
                          TCGO:
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2012
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 4
                          Hi All,

                          I would like to get an idea of the general consensus for the pricing of part of my collection:

                          PSA Graded 10 Team Rocket First Edition Dark Raichu 83/82
                          Base Set First Edition Shadowless Charizard in Mint Condition (There are 2)
                          GMA Graded 10 Neo Destiny Shining Charizard 107/105
                          PSA Graded 8.5 Neo Destiny First Edition Shining Charizard 107/105

                          It appears I am unable to load a picture to this post, please view my album for a photo.
                          pokecommunity . com/picture.php?albumid=8467&pictureid=68208

                          Also, what are your opinions of the pricing of Pokemon cards in general? Are they going up? Down? Or staying constant?
                          If there is an existing forum discussion on this question already please link me.
                            #297    
                          Old December 16th, 2012 (12:52 PM).
                          donavannj's Avatar
                          donavannj donavannj is offline
                          • Moderator
                          • Crystal Tier
                          TCGO: donavannj
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2005
                          Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                          Age: 26
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 20,403
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by whatsgoindown View Post
                          Hi All,

                          I would like to get an idea of the general consensus for the pricing of part of my collection:

                          PSA Graded 10 Team Rocket First Edition Dark Raichu 83/82
                          Base Set First Edition Shadowless Charizard in Mint Condition (There are 2)
                          GMA Graded 10 Neo Destiny Shining Charizard 107/105
                          PSA Graded 8.5 Neo Destiny First Edition Shining Charizard 107/105

                          It appears I am unable to load a picture to this post, please view my album for a photo.
                          pokecommunity . com/picture.php?albumid=8467&pictureid=68208

                          Also, what are your opinions of the pricing of Pokemon cards in general? Are they going up? Down? Or staying constant?
                          If there is an existing forum discussion on this question already please link me.
                          The last two PSA 8 graded Shining Charizard cards went for $122.50 on November 19 and for $51.00 on November 23. For an 8.5 grading, I'd say that $70 to $85 is what you could probably expect, given the fact that the past few listings on eBay haven't sold with a price of $114 for the base bid.

                          As for the GMA 10 graded one, it's probably worth $130 to $145, based on what has and hasn't sold for both gradings of its level and lower gradings.

                          1st Edition Shadowless Charizards: Presently, people seem to be willing to post up a premium price for them, with a few ungraded ones going for between $200 and $300 (far closer to the $220 to $245 range, to be more precise). Though graded ones have also been going in that range, so I expect a market correction in the pricing of one of these soon.

                          PSA 10 Dark Raichu: $40 to $50. Some PSA 8 graded ones are currently being sold and have been sold for a lower value, making the price of the PSA 10 one likely to drop from the last sale of $57.

                          For most of the older cards, the prices are past the peak they were at several years ago. The rarest ones and the ones most in demand, however, are an exception to this, though the prices in general have been fluctuating regularly with the seasons, as demand also fluctuates.
                          __________________

                          A Pokemon that is amazing.
                          Support Bulbasaur because Charmander and Squirtle both suck!
                            #298    
                          Old December 16th, 2012 (6:00 PM).
                          JustToAskThis JustToAskThis is offline
                            TCGO:
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2012
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 1
                            Hi! My username will pretty much explain what I was going to write anyways.

                            So, to business. While I'm sure these aren't valuable cards, I found them while cleaning my room and became curious because....I've never personally owned and Pokemon cards, haha. I remember my older brother had a binder full of them. Alas, he got rid of them all. I mean, nobody I knew back then had any idea how to actually play with the cards properly (nor does anyone I know now, to my knowledge. Including myself) but, still I'm curious and interested about these 2 cards.
                            Mostly because they must be of some age, because the Pikachu is still fat in the picture.

                            I'm going to try and provide you with all the information the rule post set out, even though I'm a complete foreigner here and don't understand half of the jargon.

                            Pikachu
                            Umm...Looks kind of like a flower picture. A very broad-petaled flower.
                            60/64
                            Nope, not a First Edition.
                            It's shadowed.
                            Also, the HP text is red...I can't tell if it's bolded or not, but it is red, if that helps.

                            This second one, I'd wager, is even more commonplace.

                            Unown J
                            Promo
                            Well, it's not a x/y number, but it's 38.
                            Not First Edition either.
                            It has a shadow.

                            Well, thanks in advance. I was happy just finding a thread like this that's been active in the last 4 years, haha. I'm really not so interested in selling them. Partially because I doubt they're worth much, and partially because.....Well I just don't see the point.
                            If, somehow, you could approximate their print date (or at least, a date range) that would be awesome. I'm usually more concerned about how old something is than how much it's worth.

                            -Tom
                              #299    
                            Old December 16th, 2012 (6:34 PM).
                            donavannj's Avatar
                            donavannj donavannj is offline
                            • Moderator
                            • Crystal Tier
                            TCGO: donavannj
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2005
                            Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                            Age: 26
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 20,403
                            First one is a Jungle Pikachu. Its set was released in 1999. Specifically, June/July 1999. The one you described is worth maybe $0.50.

                            Second one is a Wizards of the Coast Black Star Promo Unown J (Black Star Promo number 38, to be precise). It's worth about $1. It was packaged with the 3rd Pokemon movie when it was released on VHS and DVD in August 2001.
                            __________________

                            A Pokemon that is amazing.
                            Support Bulbasaur because Charmander and Squirtle both suck!
                              #300    
                            Old December 16th, 2012 (10:29 PM).
                            whatsgoindown whatsgoindown is offline
                              TCGO:
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2012
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 4
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
                              The last two PSA 8 graded Shining Charizard cards went for $122.50 on November 19 and for $51.00 on November 23. For an 8.5 grading, I'd say that $70 to $85 is what you could probably expect, given the fact that the past few listings on eBay haven't sold with a price of $114 for the base bid.

                              As for the GMA 10 graded one, it's probably worth $130 to $145, based on what has and hasn't sold for both gradings of its level and lower gradings.

                              1st Edition Shadowless Charizards: Presently, people seem to be willing to post up a premium price for them, with a few ungraded ones going for between $200 and $300 (far closer to the $220 to $245 range, to be more precise). Though graded ones have also been going in that range, so I expect a market correction in the pricing of one of these soon.

                              PSA 10 Dark Raichu: $40 to $50. Some PSA 8 graded ones are currently being sold and have been sold for a lower value, making the price of the PSA 10 one likely to drop from the last sale of $57.

                              For most of the older cards, the prices are past the peak they were at several years ago. The rarest ones and the ones most in demand, however, are an exception to this, though the prices in general have been fluctuating regularly with the seasons, as demand also fluctuates.
                              Thanks for the info donnavannj.

                              For the PSA cards, what would be pricing comparison between a non First Edition and a First Edition?
                              You mentioned that the PSA Dark Raichu would be worth $40-50 and the PSA Shining Charizard is worth $70-85, how much would non-First Edition equivalents cost.

                              Considering that getting PSA grading costs $20-40, would you say that it's really not worth it to have gotten these cards PSA graded in the first place?

                              What would be the price of an un-graded Mint First Edition Dark Raichu, and Near Mint First Edition Shining Charizard?

                              -wgd
                              Closed Thread
                              Quick Reply

                              Sponsored Links
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:52 PM.