• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Dark Rage

What should the first release be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
This game looks cool so far, and your using the semi-transparant textboxes which is a nice feature.
Will you be using transparant mugshots aswell.
Whos tiles are you using if you dont mind me asking?
I will be using transparent mugshots as soon as I figure out how to make them. I'm using the tiles from the people in my credit. In my opinion, the game looks great, although I completely restarted yesterday. It was for the best. I will be uploading new screenshots after school today! It's only morning where I live right now though xD

lizzzz

I want to be the very best!
Years
You know, I think this hack looks really promising. I like the idea of being able to choose whichever starter you want (it will make it great for multiple play throughs). Good luck in your endeavors, I will be keeping a close eye on this thread ;)

Wynchester

Legendary Trainer
Years
Seems interesting. I'm going to try it out once you release it. Be sure to let me know when the Beta is ready, but I'll try and check in on this often.

Not to be a neigh-sayer or anything... but you have Dark Gyarados in this, which I get is an existing Pokemon in the TCG, and the idea existed in XD Gale of Darkness... But doesn't a colorful sprite version contradict not only with the name but with the no Fakemon comment? Just curious.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
Seems interesting. I'm going to try it out once you release it. Be sure to let me know when the Beta is ready, but I'll try and check in on this often.

Not to be a neigh-sayer or anything... but you have Dark Gyarados in this, which I get is an existing Pokemon in the TCG, and the idea existed in XD Gale of Darkness... But doesn't a colorful sprite version contradict not only with the name but with the no Fakemon comment? Just curious.
The version of Dark Gyardos I have posted is just the first version. I don't consider Dark Gyarados a fakemon due to the fact that it was a part of the Trading Card Game. It was endorsed by the pokemon company, therefor, it is a pokemon. I was unaware of XD Gale of Darkness' idea. I've honestly never even heard the name.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
The new screens are nice, theres a few tile errors and the maps are still very bare but im guessing your not done inserting tiles. You should show us something besides maps and boring talking. And you must credit Andrea for the semi-transparant textboxes. Good luck, and replying to your PM the mugshots require ASM its not like the script that you use to make the textboxes.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
The new screens are nice, theres a few tile errors and the maps are still very bare but im guessing your not done inserting tiles. You should show us something besides maps and boring talking. And you must credit Andrea for the semi-transparant textboxes. Good luck, and replying to your PM the mugshots require ASM its not like the script that you use to make the textboxes.
I am in the process of learning ASM, and when I do I'll be sure to incorporate that. Thanks anyway. Yes, they are still a few tiles that must be inserted, and I'm not the best mapper anyway xD and thanks for reminding me to give credit!

Wynchester

Legendary Trainer
Years
At xWhyNotx, yeah I get what you mean on it having been endorsed... and I even mentioned that in my previous post. It all really depends on how you use it I guess. If it becomes an important part of events or series of events I guess it can work. To be honest, I barely consider Shadow Lugia a real Pokemon because of the fact that it just is an evil version of the angel-feather-colored Lugia we know and love.

But yeah, Pokemon XD is a GameCube game that popularized Shadow (or the more popularly known "Dark") Pokemon. The criminal organization stole Pokemon, manipulated their feelings and emotions, and made Pokemon evil. There were even Special movesets that the Shadow pokemon knew in place of their normal movesets. The attacks were stronger, but often involved a recoil of some sort (but not always). Their goal was to make the perfect Shadow Pokemon that couldn't be turned back to normal. They were almost successful with XD001 (Shadow Lugia). But the main character used a Snag Machine to capture the Shadow Pokemon and by (here is where it gets sappy) loving the Shadow Pokemon, you revert the Pokemon back to their normal form. XD001 is the hardest to revert involving a tedious and annoying process I won't get into, but you can Google. It's a good game that I suggest you try.

If you need a mapper, I can help ya.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
At xWhyNotx, yeah I get what you mean on it having been endorsed... and I even mentioned that in my previous post. It all really depends on how you use it I guess. If it becomes an important part of events or series of events I guess it can work. To be honest, I barely consider Shadow Lugia a real Pokemon because of the fact that it just is an evil version of the angel-feather-colored Lugia we know and love.

But yeah, Pokemon XD is a GameCube game that popularized Shadow (or the more popularly known "Dark") Pokemon. The criminal organization stole Pokemon, manipulated their feelings and emotions, and made Pokemon evil. There were even Special movesets that the Shadow pokemon knew in place of their normal movesets. The attacks were stronger, but often involved a recoil of some sort (but not always). Their goal was to make the perfect Shadow Pokemon that couldn't be turned back to normal. They were almost successful with XD001 (Shadow Lugia). But the main character used a Snag Machine to capture the Shadow Pokemon and by (here is where it gets sappy) loving the Shadow Pokemon, you revert the Pokemon back to their normal form. XD001 is the hardest to revert involving a tedious and annoying process I won't get into, but you can Google. It's a good game that I suggest you try.

If you need a mapper, I can help ya.
Thanks for letting me know that! Maybe I can incorporate something like that like that into my hack, but with a better ending xD I am currently not looking for a mapper due to the fact that I'm trying to make this a solo-made hack. The only other team member I'd take on is a OW spriter/battle spriter

UPDATE ON PROGRESS:
The first town, route the the lake, route to the next town, cave, and the beginning event are complete.
I will be releasing an alfa after I get done the first gym (1st city, 3rd town) There will be 3 major events and up to 25 obtainable pokemon. Expect it to be released around New Years.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
Mapping is complete for the first release! :D
Below I have the first big city with a gym. Also, it is where you will first encounter the evil team in the region. There reasons for being there? Well, you'll have to play and find out.
Keep in mind that my mapping skills.. well.. they suck. xD
92320323.png

Wynchester

Legendary Trainer
Years
I agree with PokemonMasters... It clashes. But I will still play it for the story.

Also, I can do OWs if you want/need. Just let me know if you decide you want my help. The invite is out there for you at any time.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
Don't worry guys. I'm gonna work all day today, tomorrow, and if needed monday to get the tiles right! I'm a perfectionist, so yeah!

Mia-san

A Cute Victini.
Years
Nice story-line. I can't wait for the first beta. I like when you can choose from 16 Pokemon. Good luck!

~Mia

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Definitely agree with the others, changing the Pokemon Centre, that House and stuff that is from the original Ruby would make it so much better (though, I guess I didn't bother to change them when I made that ROM Base, so I don't mind too much :P), hope you do well!

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
i really like the look of this the tiles and charazard in your screen shot looks really nice i hope to see this finished i really hate seeing really good starting hack and they just quit updating it before its finished

ill be checking back for updates on this for sure

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
I've replanned the first release. I am completely redoing all the tiles for the first tileset (all the outdoor things, gyms, pokecenters, and pokemarts) to make the game even better. This may take some time, but trust me, it's worth it.
THE NEW RELEASE DATE
January 16th. (My birthday!)

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
Tile Update:
update1h.png

Do you guys like what I've done so far? New gym, grassy hill/mountain, pokecenter, grass, slightly taller grass, water with rocks and such, and trees! Oh, and the small bush. You can't forget the awesome small bush >_>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back