The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives ARCHIVED: Battle Center In-Game Team Help
[B2W2] Some input on my White 2 team, please!

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Old December 5th, 2012 (4:46 PM).

Hey everyone! Looking for a little constructive criticism on my Pokemon White 2 in-game team. I'm aiming for a high amount of type-coverage and diverse movesets. If there are any Pokemon or moves you'd switch out, please comment!

Tyranitar with Sand Stream
    Thunder
    Blizzard
    Stone Edge
    Foul Play

Chandelure with Flame Body
    Fire Blast
    Flamethrower
    Shadow Ball
    Energy Ball

Swanna with Keen Eye
    Fly
    Surf
    Hurricane
    Ice Beam

Garchomp with Sand Veil
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Dragon Rush
    Dig

Heracross with Guts
    Megahorn
    Close Combat
    Brick Break
    Night Slash

Metagross with Clear Body
    Meteor Mash
    Zen Headbutt
    Thunder Punch
    Bullet Punch

I'm pretty attached to the idea of this team, I've spent a while figuring out a decent type coverage. Obviously the most sensible Natures and EV training will be applied. Also, I'd like some input on hold items for these guys if possible, but if not, I'll fall back on the damage-increasing elemental items or things like Expert Belt. Let me know what you all think, good or bad!

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 6th, 2012 (1:08 PM).
    Why are we here?

Nature: Adamant
      Your tyranitar should run more physical moves, It should have a set with good physical coverage. Keep stone edge and change all the other ones. Your chandelure is ok, but you should run a different coverage move and not 2 fire moves. You could replace Swanna with a Starmie, who will provide you with boltbeam coverage. This works well ingame as well. Get rid of dig on Garchomp. Get stone edge on him and Heracross. Lastly, I would recommend EQ>Bullet punch on metagross. Since this is ingame you should have an item like leftovers or life orb on most.
      Old December 11th, 2012 (8:02 PM).
      Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
        In my opinion, I would recommend a less offensive approach to Chandelure. In my opinion, replacing one of the fire type moves with Calm Mind might help a bit in the long run, but you don't have to. Just an idea .
        Old December 11th, 2012 (11:21 PM).
        Sacred Hearts Club
        • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quirky
        I guess I'll give you some help too.

It's best you ditch Swanna for another Water-type like Starmie, which outclasses it by a lot thanks to better stats and movepool. A good Starmie moveset should be made out of Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf and Psychic. Also, go for Natural Cure over Illuminate.

Thunder and Blizzard have terrible accuracy outside of rain and hail respectively, and Tyranitar has a higher Attack stat so give it more physical attacks.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links