• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen Lugia or Ho-Oh?

Lugia or Ho-Oh?

• Total voters

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I like Ho-oh much better. Part of this might just be the fact that it was shown in the first episode of the anime, but also it's design seems better for a legendary pokemon than lugia's. Also, it seemed like Ho-oh had a sort of cult at the Tin Tower, which makes it seem even more awesome.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
LUGIA. I simply love its design and it has always been more special to me than Ho-oh due to the fact that it starred in the pokemon movie I first watched when I was young. I always thought it was water & psychic type at first though, but flying & psychic is cool too. I just don't have a special connection to Ho-oh like I have with Lugia, so Lugia is definitely my choice. <3

JmanTheNoob

DesmondTheMoonBear
Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2012
I'm a bit stuck in this mess. I love the way Lugia looks over Ho-oh. However I like Ho-oh's moves and type over Lugia.

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
Lugia. Who could forget the Power of One! Oooh Lovely memories! I still haven't seen Ho-oh in a movie as the main character.

Years
Ho-oh, because the design/sprite is amazing, and I think Ho-oh is very underrated, and I should think it needs more love.

Ho-oh, because the design/sprite is amazing, and I think Ho-oh is very underrated, and I think it needs more love.

Last edited:

Cory2012

The Great Detective~
Years
Ho-Oh is a quite a legendary right...No episodes or movies showing HO-OH battling...just an opening of the movie and mew who changed its form to HO-OH~~

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Ho-Oh. The whole theme HGSS was trying to set up is more fitting with Ho-Oh in mind, and I just like it a lot more than Lugia in every way. I grew up playing Silver so I was a little frustrated with that in mind.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
I like them both, don't get me wrong

But something about Lugia seems a little more likable to me. It feels like it's design portrays a certain set of characteristics I like more than Ho-Oh. He's also a bit more cute I think.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
Ho-Oh. I just find it to be more interesting than Lugia, which I have no problems with.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Lugia to me has a very boring design. Probably because of the lack of colors? And I really hate using Lugia in battle. The tankish Pokemon don't do much for me in-game.

Pinta77

I have to go with Ho-oh. Back in gen 3, Ho-oh was a little harder to get. (Lugia you could catch in XD, Ho-oh you had to do a lot of extra stuff in Colosseum.) I also don't think they have done a good job recently on Lugia's sprite. Lugia is pretty cool I especially hate the sprite on HG and SS.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I thought I had answered this thread-guess not.

I Prefer Ho-oh as it has a better shiny sprite, other than that I actually would use it in my party.

Turboblaze

Blazing Aura
Years
I usually prefer offense over defense but I'll go with Lugia more often than not in this situation. I like sits appearance and exclusive move better than Ho-oh's.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I honestly don't think I will ever change my mind because I love Lugia way more than Ho-oh ever since I was little. Besides Lugia can learn a lot of water type moves that can easily KO a Ho-oh, so I went with Lugia.

:t354:TG

Years
Ho-Oh has the better design; Lugia looks a little plain to me, even though I do like it. I just find that Ho-Oh looks better overall and has a more engaging story.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
Growing up with XD instead of Colosseum, I'm gonna have to go with Lugia just basing it on the Nostalgia-Factor.

Back