• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Frozen Cave [Ice Pokémon Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I would also say the vanillish line would also be unique as the only "Edible" ice type. Not that i would ever try >.>. My friend said that if you would try eating a Vanilluxe it would freeze you from the inside.
lol how did your friend know that?? xD XD

Last edited:

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
Well, if I try to eat ice cream, it freezes my brain (My little brain haha)
I can not imagine a vanillish xD

Cryogonal looks unique for me, by it's design and physicaly speaking.
A large snowflake, which still scares me...

Type speaking, I think Rotom is the best one. As CourageHound said, it can rotate to achieve its advantages and all. And its form are really funny xD
Seriously, a fridge! Haha

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Well, if I try to eat ice cream, it freezes my brain (My little brain haha)
I cannot imagine a vanillish xD
lmao xDD

Cryogonal looks unique for me, by it's design and physically speaking.
A large snowflake, which still scares me...
gotta agree it is a large snowflake xD

new topic:
Which ice type has the best shiny sprite??

Years
Which ice type has the best shiny sprite??

I have to say Snorunt, I love the nice shade of blue on it.

361.gif

It's really adorable as a Shiny, with a beautiful mix of a green-blue.

Some other mentions include Froslass, the Snover line and Vanillite line. And again it's cos I like the color schemes. I might also mention Jynx, despite being one of my most-hated Ice Pokemon, it does have a nice pink color when shiny which makes up for that.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Well i think the coolest Ice type shiny is
615.png

I mean just look at its eyes and jewels. All the scarier cryagonal shall be...

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I have to say Snorunt, I love the nice shade of blue on it.

361.gif

It's really adorable as a Shiny, with a beautiful mix of a green-blue.

Some other mentions include Froslass, the Snover line and Vanillite line. And again it's cos I like the color schemes. I might also mention Jynx, despite being one of my most-hated Ice Pokemon, it does have a nice pink color when shiny which makes up for that.

that's a cute sprit hikari! :3
Well i think the coolest Ice type shiny is
615.png

I mean just look at its eyes and jewels. All the scarier cryagonal shall be...
the shiny sprite is more uglier and scarier than normal one xD

i like shiny sprite of the following :
Glalie bcuz it is more scarier xD XD
glalie.png

Smoochum and Vanillite bcuz they are more cuter than normal sprite
smoochum.png
vanillite.png

Lapras bcuz it is purple in color <3
lapras.png

CourageHound

Years
Ok can I suggest a new topic?

In a real life setting, would you go to live in the chilly environment of your partner(s) granted your with them?

I'd say yes as long as I have a bunch of coats and hot coaco :D. To be honest i'm not a big fan of the cold weather...or the tundra but as long as i'm with my gigantic furballs i'd be warm, happy, and content ;).

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Ok can I suggest a new topic?

In a real life setting, would you go to live in the chilly environment of your partner(s) granted your with them?

I'd say yes as long as I have a bunch of coats and hot coaco :D. To be honest i'm not a big fan of the cold weather...or the tundra but as long as i'm with my gigantic furballs i'd be warm, happy, and content ;).
of course u can! :D

Anyways im planning to have a crossword and word search event if many members will take part i'll continue if not then.....
any suggestions??

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: AlexOzzyCake
2 Partner Pokémon: Two Snorunts please :D
Why: I love Ice types and Ice type clubs are always fun places to be - especially near Christmas time <3

I would, I looove the cold weather! Although I'm not really sure how this topic relates to Pokémon at all...? xD If it made my Ice-type partner happy then I'd certainly move to an icy region since I adore cold weather and leaving amongst snow and ice would be so much fun, might need to bring a coat or two though haha. Although if I was training other Pokémon such as Sandshrew (I'd always have a Sandshrew. <3) then I'd probably think twice about it since the poor thing might catch a cold D;

CourageHound

Years
Hnnnng. The topic could deal with the relation of you and your pokemon coping with the other wildice types there as well. Just to make it more pokemon related. Like say, if I would venture into the colder regions I would be afraid of being frozen by a Glalie or somthong

Last edited:

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023

Entry:
Name:
27thColt
Partners:
Fatty the Mamoswine and Snowy the Walrein
Why:They might not be a super uber type or anything but I still like them.Like,water(My favorite type),they have even stats all around.Plus,Walrein is water/ice.I also like them in terms of advantages.They can beat uber types like ground and dragon.They can beat many common types like flying and grass.
Topic Answer:The really cold places may not be my favorite place.I've had an experience when I was young and I didn't like it.I used to live in the West Coast and in the mornings,it was cold.But,I did like some of it.I've never really lived in a place with snow though,but when you are with an extinct elephant with furs and a fat seal that has blubber that can withstand ice and fire,I think I'd live in a chilly enviroment.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The other day I tried out a hail team for a Winter tournament where every team had to be hail and include Glaceon, and it was really fun! Turns out some Ice type Pokémon are incredibly cool (pun intended) and much stronger than I expected. Pokémon like Walrein, Abomasnow, Articuno - they're all much stronger than I thought they'd be. They were wonderfully bulky stallers and made short work of the slower opponents that they came up against, so this got me excited to try even more Ice types and now I'm starting to fall in love with them all over again <3

So how do you guys prefer to use Ice types in teams - as stallers or sweepers? Do you enjoy using Hail to your advantage? And do you guys have any favourite Ice type battlers? :)

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name: AlexOzzyCake
2 Partner Pokémon: Two Snorunts please :D
Why: I love Ice types and Ice type clubs are always fun places to be - especially near Christmas time <3

I would, I looove the cold weather! Although I'm not really sure how this topic relates to Pokémon at all...? xD If it made my Ice-type partner happy then I'd certainly move to an icy region since I adore cold weather and leaving amongst snow and ice would be so much fun, might need to bring a coat or two though haha. Although if I was training other Pokémon such as Sandshrew (I'd always have a Sandshrew. <3) then I'd probably think twice about it since the poor thing might catch a cold D;
welcome to the club Alex!!
lol why did u chose two Snorunts alex??

Entry:
Name:
27thColt
Partners:
Fatty the Mamoswine and Snowy the Walrein
Why:They might not be a super uber type or anything but I still like them.Like,water(My favorite type),they have even stats all around.Plus,Walrein is water/ice.I also like them in terms of advantages.They can beat uber types like ground and dragon.They can beat many common types like flying and grass.
Topic Answer:The really cold places may not be my favorite place.I've had an experience when I was young and I didn't like it.I used to live in the West Coast and in the mornings,it was cold.But,I did like some of it.I've never really lived in a place with snow though,but when you are with an extinct elephant with furs and a fat seal that has blubber that can withstand ice and fire,I think I'd live in a chilly enviroment.
welcome to the club , 27thColt!!

The other day I tried out a hail team for a Winter tournament where every team had to be hail and include Glaceon, and it was really fun! Turns out some Ice type Pokémon are incredibly cool (pun intended) and much stronger than I expected. Pokémon like Walrein, Abomasnow, Articuno - they're all much stronger than I thought they'd be. They were wonderfully bulky stallers and made short work of the slower opponents that they came up against, so this got me excited to try even more Ice types and now I'm starting to fall in love with them all over again <3
that's must have been an amazing tournament!! :D
thanks for the topic alex! :D

new topic is how do you guys prefer to use Ice types in teams - as stallers or sweepers? Do you enjoy using Hail to your advantage? And do you guys have any favourite Ice type battlers?

CourageHound

Years
new topic is how do you guys prefer to use Ice types in teams - as stallers or sweepers? Do you enjoy using Hail to your advantage? And do you guys have any favourite Ice type battlers?

Well the hail team I made some time ago consists of

Walrein Ice Body
Surf
Protect
Substitute
Toxic

Abamosnow Snow Warning
Blizzard
Wood Hammer
Earthquake
Focus Blast(I think)

Mamoswine Snow Cloak
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stone Edge
Sealth Rock

Frosslas Snow Cloak
Blizzard
Destiney Bond
Taunt
Spikes

Cloyster Skill Link\
Icicle Spear
Shell Smash
Surf
Rock Blast

Forrestres Sturdy
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Volt Switch

I have foretress for the hazard support

Most of the team is centered around Hail and using either abilities or just the residual damage. My fav Ice Type battler is Walrein for being insanely tough to bring down once shrouded in hail as his bulk in combination of his ability Ice Body, and leftovers healing him.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Name: Seraphimon-sama
2 Partner Pokemon: Glaceon and Kyurem
Why: Any reason why you want to join? Some of my favorite Pokemon are Ice-Types.
Answer the current topic! To be honest, the only Ice-Types I use in-battle are Glaceon, Kyurem and Articuno, depending on the opponent's Pokemon is, the movesets of the opponent, and the movesets of my Pokemon. I don't really use Hail, apart from recently when I was working on a Duo-Species Challenge in Pokemon Storm Silver with Glaceon and Gardevoir, Glaceon being virtually unstoppable against Red, and actually managed to take down all his Pokemon except for Pikachu (Gardevoir Psychic OHKO'd it).

Last edited:

CourageHound

Years
I wish beartic was better suited for competitive play so I could use it on my hail team DX. Well, when i'm not in some serious battle or anything I usually just switch forretress up for beartic...cuz beartic's a polar bear <3

Well as for my hail team, I basicaly try to overwhelm my opponent.
1st Step - Have foretress set up stage hazards. This is vital as it can help wear down the opposing team. He doesnt suffer from hail much since it holds leftovers(and is the first to be sent out, thus hail isnt up yet).
2nd Step - Terminate the opposing counter. Usually the opponent would send out a pokemon that would handle my ice right? If not I skip straight to step 3. If they do however, I send in frosslas to terminate that pokemon with taunt + destiney bond
3rd Step - Set up hail. From there I send out Abomasnow to summon infinite hail with ts abillity snow warning
4th Step - The real battle begins. From there, I am set up and I react to the opponent effectively with my oter ice types

Hopefully all goes well XD

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Name: Oshamaru
2 Partner Pokémon:
glaceon.png
vanillite.png

Why would I like to join: I enjoy cold temperatures...And Ice-Type Pokémon too!

As for the topic...I´m just a newbie to competitive battling, I still don´t know many things about it, and I have only made a Rain team. Pokémon I like to use, however, are the Vanillite evolution line, Lapras, Kyurem, Froslass and Abomasnow. I haven´t really tried other Pokémon yet, but I may make a Hail team soon.

Last edited:
Years
Name : Aisu
2 Partner Pokemon : Weavile and Cryogonal
Why: Any reason why you want to join? Well, my name is Ice.
How do you guys prefer to use Ice types in teams - as stallers or sweepers? Depends on who I'm using. Do you enjoy using Hail to your advantage? Don't really use Hail. And do you guys have any favourite Ice type battlers? Probably Cryogonal.

Years
Name: Cirno
2 Partner Pokemon: Glaceon and Mamoswine
Why do you want to join? I've always loved ice type moves even as a kid. Eventually I realized how much cooler Ice Beam was when it was used with an actual ice type, so I tried to train more of them and really liked the type!
Answer the current topic!
Ugh, I really don't like Hail. I don't battle competitively too often but I wouldn't think to use Hail since it isn't as useful as the other weather moves. Same goes for ingame battles; I never use it since I often find myself switching to non ice-types. Definitely use ice types as sweepers, though. :3 As for my favorite ice battlers.. probably Lapras or Mamoswine. Lapras makes a good tank as well as sweeper and Mamoswine has such great attack.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Welcome all the new members~
i'll add u to the list later :D
btw i would be gone for a few months please take care of the club guys! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back