Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #6101    
Old December 16th, 2012 (12:48 PM).
<Challenger>'s Avatar
<Challenger> <Challenger> is offline
Goodbye PC...for now.
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: East Coast, USA (Represent!)
    Age: 19
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 2,480
    Hey everybody....I'm back. Apologies about my absence....I was goin through some stuff....
    __________________

    Relevant Advertising!

      #6102    
    Old December 16th, 2012 (2:00 PM).
    stars's Avatar
    stars stars is offline
    The Uncaged Wrath
    • Super Moderator
    • Platinum Tier
    • Discord Moderoid
     
    Join Date: Nov 2007
    Location: TARDIS
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Naive
    Posts: 28,540
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
    Hey everybody....I'm back. Apologies about my absence....I was goin through some stuff....
    Don't worry, life happens to all of us in some way at some point.

    Maybe you should update the list of RPs in your signature? ;)
    __________________

    on demoted leave of absence
      #6103    
    Old December 16th, 2012 (3:18 PM).
    <Challenger>'s Avatar
    <Challenger> <Challenger> is offline
    Goodbye PC...for now.
       
      Join Date: Jul 2012
      Location: East Coast, USA (Represent!)
      Age: 19
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 2,480
      Haha. Which ones are still alive?
      __________________
        #6104    
      Old December 16th, 2012 (3:24 PM).
      Rose Quartz's Avatar
      Rose Quartz Rose Quartz is offline
      be prepared for the biggest change
         
        Join Date: Sep 2011
        Location: Somewhere over the rainbow~
        Age: 21
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 2,785
        From your whole list only PTA and Fallout, im not sure about odyssey and shattered era.
        __________________
          #6105    
        Old December 16th, 2012 (3:28 PM).
        <Challenger>'s Avatar
        <Challenger> <Challenger> is offline
        Goodbye PC...for now.
           
          Join Date: Jul 2012
          Location: East Coast, USA (Represent!)
          Age: 19
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 2,480
          Wow....I've been gone for far too long...
          __________________
            #6106    
          Old December 16th, 2012 (3:32 PM).
          stars's Avatar
          stars stars is offline
          The Uncaged Wrath
          • Super Moderator
          • Platinum Tier
          • Discord Moderoid
           
          Join Date: Nov 2007
          Location: TARDIS
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Naive
          Posts: 28,540
          Earth & Sky and Odyssey are very much alive, I'd say! Not sure about Shattered Era.

          I too need to make a comback in the RP Corner, I'm only in one RP now and we're only 4 players O.o Cozy but isolated.
          __________________

          on demoted leave of absence
            #6107    
          Old December 16th, 2012 (3:36 PM).
          <Challenger>'s Avatar
          <Challenger> <Challenger> is offline
          Goodbye PC...for now.
             
            Join Date: Jul 2012
            Location: East Coast, USA (Represent!)
            Age: 19
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 2,480
            Oh how the mighty have fallen...I'm down to 3, maybe 4, roleplays compared to the 13 I used to be in.
            __________________
              #6108    
            Old December 16th, 2012 (3:38 PM).
            Rose Quartz's Avatar
            Rose Quartz Rose Quartz is offline
            be prepared for the biggest change
               
              Join Date: Sep 2011
              Location: Somewhere over the rainbow~
              Age: 21
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 2,785
              I used to be in 9, now im only in two, plus im making a new RP, so soon 3

              Sorry for suddenly interfering in the conversation xD
              __________________
                #6109    
              Old December 16th, 2012 (3:43 PM).
              <Challenger>'s Avatar
              <Challenger> <Challenger> is offline
              Goodbye PC...for now.
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2012
                Location: East Coast, USA (Represent!)
                Age: 19
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 2,480
                It's all good I'm just glad to be back. I intend on making up for my absence.
                __________________
                  #6110    
                Old December 16th, 2012 (3:46 PM).
                gimmepie's Avatar
                gimmepie gimmepie is offline
                Forest's Curse
                • Moderator
                • Platinum Tier
                • PokéCommunity Daily
                 
                Join Date: May 2012
                Location: Australia
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Mild
                Posts: 16,668
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
                Does this mean that we'll be able to use Sports Balls and Teddy Bears to destroy giant monsters?
                Uh... No. XD... Besides I don't remember a mog ever successfully killing anything. The only thing really similar is the use of simmple weapons like swords and spears despite the clearly advanced technology that is available.

                @Chibi: I'll get to posting it fairly soon but my laptop is going through some technical difficulty and I'd prefer to post it from there since that is where my draft etc is stored.
                __________________
                 
                PHANTUMP

                  #6111    
                Old December 16th, 2012 (3:59 PM).
                stars's Avatar
                stars stars is offline
                The Uncaged Wrath
                • Super Moderator
                • Platinum Tier
                • Discord Moderoid
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2007
                Location: TARDIS
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Naive
                Posts: 28,540
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
                I used to be in 9, now im only in two, plus im making a new RP, so soon 3

                Sorry for suddenly interfering in the conversation xD
                You're not interfering at all, this is an open discussion thread :D What is your new RP about?

                @ gimmipie, let's hope Skymin is quick to accept threads, then ;D
                __________________

                on demoted leave of absence
                  #6112    
                Old December 16th, 2012 (4:30 PM).
                Skymin's Avatar
                Skymin Skymin is offline
                part time demon hunter
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2006
                Location: AU
                Age: 24
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 5,134
                RIGHT ON CUE. I'll go do them now~

                I'm only in two as well, but innocence has been dead because... well, i dont know why. I'm working on my own, which im about 1/8th finished.

                EDIT: "No posts found." WELL I GUESS I CAN DO THEM LATER I SUPPOSE HAHA
                __________________
                art blogreblog blogavatar by me
                i can draw your character → commission info
                  #6113    
                Old December 16th, 2012 (8:06 PM).
                Meganium's Avatar
                Meganium Meganium is offline
                git gud or get r e k t
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2010
                Location: Galveston, TX
                Age: 27
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Brave
                Posts: 17,045
                Well, I'm in one roleplay right now but I've been neglecting it because I've been GMing my own xD. As a first timer, I find it pretty fun!

                I rememeber doing 4-5 at the same time, atop of well...other stuff on PC and irl. xD but like...(except PTA), the others kinda died. Being in 1-2 roleplays are alright for me.

                Speaking of roleplay, Super Smash Bros has one more spot available to close the 15 player count. We're...close to facing the first boss!
                __________________

                discord ~ blog ~ steam ~ daily
                I got soul but I'm not a soldier.
                  #6114    
                Old December 16th, 2012 (8:13 PM).
                Xlugon Pyro's Avatar
                Xlugon Pyro Xlugon Pyro is offline
                Dragon Tamer
                   
                  Join Date: May 2007
                  Location: Wisconsin
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 307
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
                  You had me at One Piece. Make, and I will most likely join. (If I have time. Which I guess I do.)
                  Well, I posted it and it's under review, so hopefully when it comes up, it'll garner enough interest to be successful.

                  A One Piece RP is on its way!
                  __________________
                  My posts look too short, so I'm going to misguide the general public and artificially enhance the length of my posts with this garbage of a signature!

                  BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGH...

                  ...

                  In a world without substance, a nonsense signature is only appropriate!
                    #6115    
                  Old December 16th, 2012 (8:49 PM).
                  Rose Quartz's Avatar
                  Rose Quartz Rose Quartz is offline
                  be prepared for the biggest change
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2011
                    Location: Somewhere over the rainbow~
                    Age: 21
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Brave
                    Posts: 2,785
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
                    You're not interfering at all, this is an open discussion thread :D What is your new RP about?
                    Honestly im still thinking about a plot and stuff :p but this time i won't do everything in one day, i'm gonna take the time for it and make it awesome.
                    __________________
                      #6116    
                    Old December 16th, 2012 (9:20 PM).
                    Satan.EXE's Avatar
                    Satan.EXE Satan.EXE is offline
                    King of the Hell
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2011
                      Location: C:\
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 2,807
                      Well, seeing as one of the members of Dimensional Link seems to have vanished from PC (in an RP where activity /determines the life of the RP/) I think it may be done for.

                      That said, I've got an idea in mind for a Sandbox-style RP (Oh how I love them) that takes place in the Zelda world. In this Game, /No one is the hero/. It follows the timeline where the Hero of Time is defeated, but goes to the point where Ganondorf was defeated but before the point where Ganondorf is resurrected. Life in the land of Hyrule returned to peace, but people remain wary, as the rumors of Ganon's ressurection are scattered about. Monsters still roam about in areas not populated by people and travel from place to place often requires guidance from a more skilled warrior for safety. Players will have a choice of species as follows: Hylian, Kokiri, Goron, Zora, Gerudo, Rito, or Twili.

                      Any thoughts on this so far? Interest? Also, would it be better to use Ocarina of Time's overworld (With Rito flying from an island and Twili from a portal in the Desert) or an overworld from another game?
                      __________________
                        #6117    
                      Old December 16th, 2012 (11:23 PM).
                      Lilizuki Lilizuki is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                        Gender: Female
                        Posts: 897
                        That sounds like a perfect RP for me, because I've been looking for a freeform fantasy RP for a while.

                        Could you clarify Twili, please? Because playing tall, humanoid ones would be excellent. The creepy little imps less so.

                        Oh, would playing as a fairy be possible? I love Fey. :3
                          #6118    
                        Old December 17th, 2012 (7:44 AM).
                        Satan.EXE's Avatar
                        Satan.EXE Satan.EXE is offline
                        King of the Hell
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2011
                          Location: C:\
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 2,807
                          If you're referring to Midna's Imp form, no. That was the result of a curse. So, yes, they'll look humanoid, with mixtures of slate gray and black skin.

                          It also seems to be a common trait to have orange hair, but this won't be a requirement. Literally, look up "Twili" on a Google Image Search. A lot of fan-arts of Twilit people are there.
                          __________________
                            #6119    
                          Old December 17th, 2012 (3:59 PM). Edited December 17th, 2012 by Rune Alchemist.
                          Rune Alchemist's Avatar
                          Rune Alchemist Rune Alchemist is offline
                          Magical Evil Role Player
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2012
                            Location: Asia
                            Nature: Quirky
                            Posts: 324
                            I really should pay tribute and post here...

                            I don't think I can contribute to the current discussion though, as I know little about Nintendo games.

                            -shrugs-

                            I'm planning my own RP, but I'm still polishing my story. What do you guys think of an Anime&Game-themed Warriors Orochi-style world? It's kinda Sandbox-ish with players controlling OCs from different universes who (in the long run) will lead an empire against its enemies.

                            The players choose who goes against who, so I'm not really sure if it's competitive or cooperative. Plot's flexible enough to accommodate either.

                            Examples of worlds are: Lyrical Nanoha, Magica Madoka, NasuVerse, Avatar (Legend of Aang), Koei Warriors, Grand Chase, Persona and several more. I even included Harry Potter Pokemon is also there, but makes little significant impact.

                            Naw, the top 5 Main Stream anime isn't included. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail and Dragon Ball characters aren't allowed. For Dragon Ball, I think it's obvious. I have no exposure to B & OP. The knowledge I have of Fairy Tail is only slightly lower than what I have of NasuVerse, but I can't world build around it. -Sweatdrop-

                            -looks at the long list of worlds- Think it's too much? Maybe I should classify them by class, then worlds...
                            __________________
                              #6120    
                            Old December 17th, 2012 (4:16 PM).
                            machomuu's Avatar
                            machomuu machomuu is offline
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2008
                            Location: Americalanavania
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 10,317
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Rune Alchemist View Post
                            I really should pay tribute and post here...

                            I don't think I can contribute to the current discussion though, as I know little about Nintendo games.

                            -shrugs-

                            I'm planning my own RP, but I'm still polishing my story. What do you guys think of an Anime&Game-themed Warriors Orochi-style world? It's kinda Sandbox-ish with players controlling OCs from different universes who (in the long run) will lead an empire against its enemies.

                            The players choose who goes against who, so I'm not really sure if it's competitive or cooperative. Plot's flexible enough to accommodate either.

                            Examples of worlds are: Lyrical Nanoha, Magica Madoka, NasuVerse, Avatar (Legend of Aang), Koei Warriors, Grand Chase, Persona and several more. I even included Harry Potter :laugh: Pokemon is also there, but makes little significant impact.

                            Naw, the top 5 Main Stream anime isn't included. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail and Dragon Ball characters aren't allowed. For Dragon Ball, I think it's obvious. I have no exposure to B & OP. The knowledge I have of Fairy Tail is only slightly lower than what I have of NasuVerse, but I can't world build around it. -Sweatdrop-

                            -looks at the long list of worlds- Think it's too much? Maybe I should classify them by class, then worlds...
                            Hmm...I like the idea. I wouldn't exactly call Dragon Ball mainstream anymore so much as it is "Legendary" or a "Classic", but I do understand your reasoning behind omitting it (though, you could always use pre-Dragon Ball Z, the characters in that were not "blow up with world with a fingertip" strong, and they would be pretty balanced in comparison to other worlds).

                            The idea could work, but it is a very ambitious idea, and as such, I could see it collapsing quite easily- that's not to say you can't handle it, I'm sure you can, but given the scope of the idea it seems as if it would need quite a bit of careful moderation to make it work out. Still, I love the Warriors series (and crossovers), and I know a have a good deal of knowledge about most of the series you listed, so I'd love to help in any way that I can.
                            __________________
                            Paired to and madly in love with a literal Symphony of legs.


                            I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
                              #6121    
                            Old December 17th, 2012 (4:20 PM).
                            Vato Vato is offline
                            This Is Our Last Goodbye
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2011
                              Location: Juarez City, Mexico
                              Age: 20
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Lonely
                              Posts: 533
                              I'm back from the death :D
                              Now that took a while... Anyways, I'm here now and I plan on staying... At least until I begin my next semester of High School -.-

                              Sooooooo... In the meantime, I shall see if I can do some RPing around here
                              __________________
                              Hoenn


                              FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
                              VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
                                #6122    
                              Old December 17th, 2012 (4:41 PM).
                              Rune Alchemist's Avatar
                              Rune Alchemist Rune Alchemist is offline
                              Magical Evil Role Player
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2012
                                Location: Asia
                                Nature: Quirky
                                Posts: 324
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
                                Hmm...I like the idea. I wouldn't exactly call Dragon Ball mainstream anymore so much as it is "Legendary" or a "Classic", but I do understand your reasoning behind omitting it (though, you could always use pre-Dragon Ball Z, the characters in that were not "blow up with world with a fingertip" strong, and they would be pretty balanced in comparison to other worlds).

                                The idea could work, but it is a very ambitious idea, and as such, I could see it collapsing quite easily- that's not to say you can't handle it, I'm sure you can, but given the scope of the idea it seems as if it would need quite a bit of careful moderation to make it work out. Still, I love the Warriors series (and crossovers), and I know a have a good deal of knowledge about most of the series you listed, so I'd love to help in any way that I can.
                                I call it mainstream because the next in line that I heard off in my popularity listing is SAO, and I've included it (though only Aincrad) Besides, SAO is kinda new... Because of the anime. The LN started in 2008, I think? Others don't have anything to do with fighting.

                                I'm working on the concepts so that it doesn't blow up in everyone's faces. Highest stat wise in the worlds I have is Madoka Magica, and that's because the girls there actually use their souls to do magic. Next is Nanoha, but in canon the characters there are Double Letters in rank. OCs should have lower ranks.

                                Each have their strengths and weaknesses, like how Suikoden characters have the highest Leadership skills with low defense and health, while Grand Chase characters have great Physical skills with mediocre Leadership. In all honesty, Avatar characters are the most balanced, leaning towards being weak as they don't have magic. I didn't include DB because Avatar characters can take their place, with + points as they can bend elements.
                                __________________
                                  #6123    
                                Old December 17th, 2012 (4:50 PM).
                                machomuu's Avatar
                                machomuu machomuu is offline
                                • Crystal Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2008
                                Location: Americalanavania
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 10,317
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Rune Alchemist View Post
                                I call it mainstream because the next in line that I heard off in my popularity listing is SAO, and I've included it (though only Aincrad) Besides, SAO is kinda new... Because of the anime. The LN started in 2008, I think? Others don't have anything to do with fighting.

                                I'm working on the concepts so that it doesn't blow up in everyone's faces. Highest stat wise in the worlds I have is Madoka Magica, and that's because the girls there actually use their souls to do magic. Next is Nanoha, but in canon the characters there are Double Letters in rank. OCs should have lower ranks.

                                Each have their strengths and weaknesses, like how Suikoden characters have the highest Leadership skills with low defense and health, while Grand Chase characters have great Physical skills with mediocre Leadership. In all honesty, Avatar characters are the most balanced, leaning towards being weak as they don't have magic. I didn't include DB because Avatar characters can take their place, with + points as they can bend elements.
                                Dragon Ball is definitely incredibly popular, but it's because it's not currently trending that I really would consider it "classic" or "legendary" rather than mainstream; but that's not really important.

                                So what exactly are you going for? You mention "stats" several times, but what relevance does it bear to the actual RP? Are you saying that the RP itself actually uses stats or are you talking about the power capabilities of the characters in terms of their own canons?
                                __________________
                                Paired to and madly in love with a literal Symphony of legs.


                                I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
                                  #6124    
                                Old December 17th, 2012 (5:09 PM).
                                Rune Alchemist's Avatar
                                Rune Alchemist Rune Alchemist is offline
                                Magical Evil Role Player
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2012
                                  Location: Asia
                                  Nature: Quirky
                                  Posts: 324
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
                                  Dragon Ball is definitely incredibly popular, but it's because it's not currently trending that I really would consider it "classic" or "legendary" rather than mainstream; but that's not really important.

                                  So what exactly are you going for? You mention "stats" several times, but what relevance does it bear to the actual RP? Are you saying that the RP itself actually uses stats or are you talking about the power capabilities of the characters in terms of their own canons?
                                  Stats actually limit what a character can do, as a rough estimate when the players are writing in the character's actions. As it is, it does play a role in the RP.

                                  For example, LN characters have absurdly high mathematical skills, that they can become engineers and architects even if they don't have a college degree (because they are past mastery) Suikoden characters are charismatic, thus people under them will listen better than people under Grand Chase characters will. MM girls can take a beating (Getting caught in an avalanche, trapped in a burning castle, shredded by a flurry of arrows, etc..) without any worse for wear that other characters can't.

                                  The stats are compared to the denizens of the RP's world. E-- is the lowest and is below that of the world's population. E is the world's average citizen. It's like you're comparing a Koei Special Officer against a peasant.

                                  Stats change with character growth. It can increase, or decrease. It may be permanent, or temporary. Stats define what a character can do and also acts like a guide, because certain actions require certain levels.
                                  __________________
                                    #6125    
                                  Old December 17th, 2012 (5:20 PM).
                                  machomuu's Avatar
                                  machomuu machomuu is offline
                                  • Crystal Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2008
                                  Location: Americalanavania
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 10,317
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Rune Alchemist View Post
                                  Stats actually limit what a character can do, as a rough estimate when the players are writing in the character's actions. As it is, it does play a role in the RP.

                                  For example, LN characters have absurdly high mathematical skills, that they can become engineers and architects even if they don't have a college degree (because they are past mastery:cool:) Suikoden characters are charismatic, thus people under them will listen better than people under Grand Chase characters will. MM girls can take a beating (Getting caught in an avalanche, trapped in a burning castle, shredded by a flurry of arrows, etc..) without any worse for wear that other characters can't.

                                  The stats are compared to the denizens of the RP's world. E-- is the lowest and is below that of the world's population. E is the world's average citizen. It's like you're comparing a Koei Special Officer against a peasant.

                                  Stats change with character growth. It can increase, or decrease. It may be permanent, or temporary. Stats define what a character can do and also acts like a guide, because certain actions require certain levels.
                                  I see, so this is an RP that uses gameplay similar to those found in Table Top RPGs and Video Game RPGs. That's good, because RPs that employ those elements (and aren't dedicated Pokemon RPs) are shockingly few and far between.

                                  So then exactly where does the RPer come into the equation? Do they play as one of the characters from one of the aforementioned series/worlds, or do they create a character?
                                  __________________
                                  Paired to and madly in love with a literal Symphony of legs.


                                  I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
                                  Closed Thread

                                  Quick Reply

                                  Join the conversation!

                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off
                                  Minimum Characters Per Post: 25

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:54 AM.