Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old June 26th, 2011 (10:40 AM).
竜の子's Avatar
竜の子 竜の子 is offline
Avy made by Trainer Touko
     
    Join Date: Jun 2011
    Location: Rio!
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Brave
    Posts: 170
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ohsoRANDOM. View Post
    seriously, we need some Power Whip Serperior up in here
    Agreed serperior's weak,one type full of weaknesses,bad mvoes.Quite a challenge
    __________________
    ►Paired with LightningStrike & Fuutachimaru

    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #77    
    Old July 19th, 2011 (10:46 AM).
    DowntownDumpling's Avatar
    DowntownDumpling DowntownDumpling is offline
       
      Join Date: Jul 2011
      Location: Cincinnati
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 674
      I really wish Serperior was able to learn Sludge Bomb, Dragon Tail, Bite, or at least some decent attack that wasn't Grass-type.
      __________________
      "Spend a little time each day tricking out your obituary."
      -Me
      Reply With Quote
        #78    
      Old July 19th, 2011 (10:54 AM).
      deoxys121's Avatar
      deoxys121 deoxys121 is offline
      White Kyurem Cometh
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Dec 2010
      Location: Flat Rock, MI, United States
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 1,260
      Druddigon's Pokedex entry from Black says that it absorbs sunlight with its wings. Therefore, sun-based moves like SolarBeam, Synthesis, and Morning Sun would make sense on Druddigon. I know SolarBeam wouldn't be very useful due to low Sp. Atk, but it would make sense to be able to learn it.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #79    
      Old July 19th, 2011 (2:01 PM).
      Azure Wish's Avatar
      Azure Wish Azure Wish is offline
      Haha. No.
         
        Join Date: Jul 2011
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 34
        Two things that really irked me were that Braviary didnt get Close Combat (its a war eagle!) and that Samurott did not get Shell Smash.
        Reply With Quote
          #80    
        Old July 19th, 2011 (2:57 PM).
        Opposite Day's Avatar
        Opposite Day Opposite Day is offline
        too old for name changes
           
          Join Date: Jun 2008
          Location: ∞Rain town, Norway
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 974
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by emberjed View Post
          I really wish Serperior was able to learn Sludge Bomb, Dragon Tail, Bite, or at least some decent attack that wasn't Grass-type.
          It actually does get Dragon Tail :x Return is pretty strongs as well, and hell you can just Leech Seed anything not named Heatran, works for me.
          __________________
          +Anti: we were all noobs at some point
          +Anti: or in sims' case
          +Anti: still are noobs
          +Anti: his team looks like a salad
          Reply With Quote
            #81    
          Old July 19th, 2011 (8:07 PM).
          The Nightmare's Avatar
          The Nightmare The Nightmare is offline
          "I fight for what I belive in"
             
            Join Date: Mar 2011
            Location: The Nightmare world
            Age: 18
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 590
            I thought they should have learned bolt tackle as an electric type because pikachu learns it but it doesn't learn it for some reason.
            __________________




            Reply With Quote
              #82    
            Old July 19th, 2011 (8:17 PM).
            ManhattanTheStarr's Avatar
            ManhattanTheStarr ManhattanTheStarr is offline
            eeeeyup
               
              Join Date: Sep 2010
              Location: USA
              Age: 22
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 546
              I was hoping Vullaby/Mandibuzz would learn Night Slash, but no. :<
              I guess Faint Attack is good enough. >.>
              Reply With Quote
                #83    
              Old July 20th, 2011 (3:51 AM).
              Guy Guy is offline
              just a guy
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Sep 2008
              Location: Florida
              Age: 25
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 7,190
              I always thought Samurott should have been able to learn Earthquake. Dig just doesn't do it enough justice in my opinion. Leavanny should have also been able to learn Night Slash given its blade-like arms.
              Reply With Quote
                #84    
              Old July 20th, 2011 (7:31 AM). Edited July 20th, 2011 by DowntownDumpling.
              DowntownDumpling's Avatar
              DowntownDumpling DowntownDumpling is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2011
                Location: Cincinnati
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 674
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Azure Wish View Post
                Two things that really irked me were that Braviary didnt get Close Combat (its a war eagle!) and that Samurott did not get Shell Smash.
                That would make sense, but I consider Close Combat to be one of the most overused and "uber" of attacks. Also, whatever happened to Brick Break in Unova? Hardly anyone can learn it anymore, and there is no longer a TM for it.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Opposite Day View Post
                It actually does get Dragon Tail :x Return is pretty strongs as well, and hell you can just Leech Seed anything not named Heatran, works for me.
                Whoops, you're right. Mine has Toxic and Aerial Ace, along with two Grass moves. If I run into a Steel-type Pokemon, though, I'm f....ed.
                __________________
                "Spend a little time each day tricking out your obituary."
                -Me
                Reply With Quote
                  #85    
                Old July 20th, 2011 (4:09 PM).
                Azure Wish's Avatar
                Azure Wish Azure Wish is offline
                Haha. No.
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2011
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 34
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by emberjed View Post
                  Also, whatever happened to Brick Break in Unova?
                  Yes, there is a TM for Brick Break. A lady in the Iccirus City pokecenter gives it to you.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #86    
                  Old December 18th, 2012 (10:12 AM).
                  Forever's Avatar
                  Forever Forever is offline
                  SACRED FIRE
                  • Moderator
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2005
                  Location: Queensland
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 35,287
                  Kay this time I'm reviving this fun thread! Should get discussion going maaaybe?? Also as I posted earlier, try not to make your posts overly centered on Gothitelle like last time (from the OP). Discuss n_n
                  __________________

                  Celebrating Gold and Silver's Upcoming Virtual Console Release!
                  moderator of the following games
                  [ ]
                  Reply With Quote
                    #87    
                  Old December 18th, 2012 (10:44 AM).
                  Sydian's Avatar
                  Sydian Sydian is offline
                  V A N I T Y
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2008
                  Location: Alabama
                  Age: 24
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 32,086
                  I wish Lilligant had gotten more coverage moves, like perhaps Psychic. She can have Dream Eater, which is a Psychic type move, but not Psychic? And there are far stranger Pokemon that can learn it, so why not give it to Lilligant? It'd be nice to have considering her moveset is mainly just grass everywhere.
                  __________________
                  ≫ they took a little look at my heart
                  they found a prince living behind bars ≪

                  challenges | klippy
                  Reply With Quote
                    #88    
                  Old December 18th, 2012 (10:55 AM).
                  Cinnabar Cinnabar is offline
                  Fenniken is godly.
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2012
                    Age: 20
                    Posts: 28
                    I honestly thought that Beartic should've had Close Combat, I mean, it just looks like it should. It has the atk. to abuse it as well.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #89    
                    Old December 18th, 2012 (6:15 PM).
                    Esoj's Avatar
                    Esoj Esoj is offline
                    Ekruum Fortrez
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2011
                      Location: PR
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 99
                      Close Combat is a nice attack regardless of the secondary effect. I think that Scrafty would be complete with it in the moveset, that can surely make it more combative.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #90    
                      Old December 18th, 2012 (6:52 PM).
                      Sassy Milkshake's Avatar
                      Sassy Milkshake Sassy Milkshake is offline
                      It's ok to cry.
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Sassy
                        Posts: 373
                        I only recently learned about the move Shell Smash and thought, dang, I could've had a pretty awesome water Pokemon had I chose Samurott. I find out that line doesn't even learn Shell Smash. So confused. The whole Oshawott family is based off of a sea shell. ;P
                        __________________

                        Reply With Quote
                          #91    
                        Old December 18th, 2012 (11:06 PM).
                        Forever's Avatar
                        Forever Forever is offline
                        SACRED FIRE
                        • Moderator
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2005
                        Location: Queensland
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Bold
                        Posts: 35,287
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Sassy Milkshake View Post
                        I only recently learned about the move Shell Smash and thought, dang, I could've had a pretty awesome water Pokemon had I chose Samurott. I find out that line doesn't even learn Shell Smash. So confused. The whole Oshawott family is based off of a sea shell. ;P
                        omg, it so would not be a NU mon if it had SS (or maybe...?) idk, it can do more than Gorebyss in terms of going both physical/special so I think SS would defs make it more powerful/more liked. It'd have to be a learn at like, level 3 move or something though because that'd make it really strong lol :x

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Esoj View Post
                        Close Combat is a nice attack regardless of the secondary effect. I think that Scrafty would be complete with it in the moveset, that can surely make it more combative.
                        I think it'd make it too close to Sawk really. I like that it has HJK instead, because otherwise it might be too strong (although still easily revenged).

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
                        I wish Lilligant had gotten more coverage moves, like perhaps Psychic. She can have Dream Eater, which is a Psychic type move, but not Psychic? And there are far stranger Pokemon that can learn it, so why not give it to Lilligant? It'd be nice to have considering her moveset is mainly just grass everywhere.
                        idk more Bug type moves would make sense considering where it is, maybe fire too considering it is a Chlorophyll user???
                        __________________

                        Celebrating Gold and Silver's Upcoming Virtual Console Release!
                        moderator of the following games
                        [ ]
                        Reply With Quote
                          #92    
                        Old December 18th, 2012 (11:16 PM).
                        Hikamaru's Avatar
                        Hikamaru Hikamaru is online now
                        Razor Shell
                        • Platinum Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2011
                        Location: Australia
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Quirky
                        Posts: 47,346
                        I'd probably agree with Sydian here.

                        Lilligant needs more non-Grass moves in her moveset, aside from Dream Eater and Hidden Power. A move like Psychic could really help add extra coverage and I'd also give her counterpart Whimsicott more offensive moves too.
                        __________________
                        pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
                        Reply With Quote
                          #93    
                        Old December 18th, 2012 (11:33 PM).
                        Forever's Avatar
                        Forever Forever is offline
                        SACRED FIRE
                        • Moderator
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2005
                        Location: Queensland
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Bold
                        Posts: 35,287
                        I'd keep Whimsicott as it is really. I think it's main role by GF was to be a Prankster and really more offensive attacks won't really help it given it is quite frail in the first place.
                        __________________

                        Celebrating Gold and Silver's Upcoming Virtual Console Release!
                        moderator of the following games
                        [ ]
                        Reply With Quote
                          #94    
                        Old December 20th, 2012 (6:02 PM).
                        Arlo's Avatar
                        Arlo Arlo is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2012
                          Posts: 483
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Forever View Post
                          I think it'd make it too close to Sawk really. I like that it has HJK instead, because otherwise it might be too strong (although still easily revenged).
                          I'm just the opposite. I don't like that it gets HJK - I see that as a move for fast, fragile fighters like Mienshao, which is exactly the opposite of Scrafty, while CC seems a move meant for low-down, nasty, get-right-in-your-face-no-matter-what brawlers, which is exactly what Scrafty seems meant to be. Granted though, CC would just make it that much tougher. I actually think that the perfect fighting move for Scrafty is Low Kick, which is undoubtedly why that's its level 1 attack. Just a shame that it's not competitively useful, since it fits its personality, and design, perfectly.

                          I mention this every time I see a thread like this - I think that Ferrothorn should learn Taunt, just because I can't think of another pokemon anywhere in any of the dexes who would be more likely to say, "C'mon! Stop futzing around with those status moves and HIT ME!"

                          How about Lilligant getting Aurora Beam? At first thought, it seems sort of weird for a Grass type (other than Abomasnow) to get an Ice move, but I sort of like the concept for Lilligant. It somehow fits with the man-eating southern belle persona I've ended up presuming for her - when appropriate, instead of seducing them with her dances and powders or tripping them up with her grass knot, she'd unleash her icy glare. It'd still leave some holes in her coverage (steel and fire, specifically), but it'd help, and I just sort of like the concept. It'd be something different.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #95    
                          Old December 20th, 2012 (6:07 PM).
                          Forever's Avatar
                          Forever Forever is offline
                          SACRED FIRE
                          • Moderator
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2005
                          Location: Queensland
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Bold
                          Posts: 35,287
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
                          I'm just the opposite. I don't like that it gets HJK - I see that as a move for fast, fragile fighters like Mienshao, which is exactly the opposite of Scrafty, while CC seems a move meant for low-down, nasty, get-right-in-your-face-no-matter-what brawlers, which is exactly what Scrafty seems meant to be. Granted though, CC would just make it that much tougher. I actually think that the perfect fighting move for Scrafty is Low Kick, which is undoubtedly why that's its level 1 attack. Just a shame that it's not competitively useful, since it fits its personality, and design, perfectly.

                          I mention this every time I see a thread like this - I think that Ferrothorn should learn Taunt, just because I can't think of another pokemon anywhere in any of the dexes who would be more likely to say, "C'mon! Stop futzing around with those status moves and HIT ME!"

                          How about Lilligant getting Aurora Beam? At first thought, it seems sort of weird for a Grass type (other than Abomasnow) to get an Ice move, but I sort of like the concept for Lilligant. It somehow fits with the man-eating southern belle persona I've ended up presuming for her - when appropriate, instead of seducing them with her dances and powders or tripping them up with her grass knot, she'd unleash her icy glare. It'd still leave some holes in her coverage (steel and fire, specifically), but it'd help, and I just sort of like the concept. It'd be something different.
                          Still, it needs kicking moves because its selling point is its legs and pants really, which is what HJK is for. I don't think it's really that... evil, which is what CC implies. While it does have a dark typing it's more of neutrally evil and doesn't really care if it hits you, while still tries anyway - which is what HJK does.

                          Ya I agree. But it's still kind of too slow to be useful in many cases and most wouldn't opt for Taunt really.

                          ooo that'd be nice, mainly because I just like the move itself. :3
                          __________________

                          Celebrating Gold and Silver's Upcoming Virtual Console Release!
                          moderator of the following games
                          [ ]
                          Reply With Quote
                            #96    
                          Old December 22nd, 2012 (7:06 AM).
                          Shirehorse7 Shirehorse7 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2012
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 13
                            I thonl deerling should learn high jump kick i mean if it can learn jump kick then why not high jump kick


                            Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
                            Reply With Quote
                              #97    
                            Old December 22nd, 2012 (7:24 AM).
                            Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
                            Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
                            Vampire Waifu
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2012
                              Location: California
                              Age: 24
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 9,241
                              Serperior: Power Whip, Nature Power, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Focus Blast
                              Emboar: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Outrage
                              Samurott: Drill Run
                              Mushrana: Focus Blast
                              Unfezant: Wing Attack, Brave Bird
                              Zebstrika: Jump Kick
                              Seismitoad: Waterfall
                              Leavanny: Rock Slide
                              Lilligant: Surf, Focus Blast
                              Cohagrigus: Thunderbolt, Rock Gem, Focus Blast
                              Gothitelle: Dark Pulse, Focus Blast
                              Swanna: Drill Peck, Waterfall, Drill Run
                              Vanilluxe: Surf, Hydro Pump, Ancientpower
                              Sawsbuck: Rock Slide
                              Escaliver: Drill Run
                              Eelektross: Scald
                              Beartic: Waterfall, Earthquake
                              Accelgor: Hydro Pump
                              Stunfisk: Ice Beam
                              Druddigon: Rock Polish
                              Heatmor: Scald
                              Keldeo: Ice Beam
                              __________________
                              Reply With Quote
                                #98    
                              Old December 24th, 2012 (2:56 AM).
                              Esoj's Avatar
                              Esoj Esoj is offline
                              Ekruum Fortrez
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2011
                                Location: PR
                                Age: 24
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Adamant
                                Posts: 99
                                Getting back to Scarfty's moves, I agree with the selling part, which justifies the use of HJK, as well as other kicking moves, and the move (HJK) suits nice for it because of its legs combat style and also great defenses to give backup if the 10% risk arises. Idk, but Scrafty's dark coverage still needing more moves, there could exist another move beside Crunch to have more variety. Would be nice to imagine CC based on its legs, an exhaustive legs combat to the very end, and it count with the defenses to support the secondary effects.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #99    
                                Old December 24th, 2012 (8:00 AM).
                                Cid's Avatar
                                Cid Cid is offline
                                Find your niche.
                                • Platinum Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2008
                                Location: Beneath the sky.
                                Age: 22
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Calm
                                Posts: 2,529
                                Earthquake for all three final evos of starters was all I wanted to be honest. :( They were the exception among all final evos of each gen's starters. Seriously I don't know how they missed that, unless it was intentional which sounds really odd. :\

                                I can't really recall any more notable moves that they should have made some 'mons learn in BW but yeah, I'm really frustrated at the starters (actually at GF) for the reason stated above. Plus pure Grass-types deserve more coverage moves like Sydian said! For Lilligant and Serperior especially. They gave coverage to previous gens' pure Grass-types, why not now?
                                __________________
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #100    
                                Old December 24th, 2012 (10:56 AM).
                                Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
                                Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
                                Vampire Waifu
                                   
                                  Join Date: Dec 2012
                                  Location: California
                                  Age: 24
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Quirky
                                  Posts: 9,241
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Cid View Post
                                  Earthquake for all three final evos of starters was all I wanted to be honest. They were the exception among all final evos of each gen's starters. Seriously I don't know how they missed that, unless it was intentional which sounds really odd. :\

                                  I can't really recall any more notable moves that they should have made some 'mons learn in BW but yeah, I'm really frustrated at the starters (actually at GF) for the reason stated above. Plus pure Grass-types deserve more coverage moves like Sydian said! For Lilligant and Serperior especially. They gave coverage to previous gens' pure Grass-types, why not now?
                                  I believe the reason why is because it's suppose to be a throwback to the original R/B/Y games where all the starters, except for the Fire starter, lack the move Earthquake (B/W was suppose to be a reboot after all). As for the statement about previous gen pure Grass types given coverage, they mean nothing if they do not have Rock Slide, Nature Power, Natural Gift, Weather Ball, Ancientpower, Focus Blast, or Earth Power to coverage almost all of their weaknesses, which is a necessity to make a good Pokemon.
                                  __________________
                                  Reply With Quote
                                  Reply
                                  Quick Reply

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:07 PM.