Resources Everything you need to help make your game can be found in here. You can also post your own resources. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

View Poll Results: Keep ripping?
Yes, more tiles are great!! 28 96.55%
No 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old December 19th, 2012 (4:21 PM). Edited January 24th, 2013 by BenGames,Films, and More!.
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More! BenGames,Films, and More! is offline
Are you not entertained?
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Serious
    Posts: 134
    I have an ultimate tileset containing DPPt/HGSS/BW tiles all in one. They are categorized in "Nature, City, Indoor, and Cave"

    Credit:
    Warpras
    Heavy-Metal-Lover
    UltimoSpriter
    Kyle-Dove
    Dewitty
    TyranitarDark
    xAlien95
    zetavares852
    DarkDragonn
    Jotaaz
    WesleyFG
    PeekyChew
    Godofthesky
    LTSeraa
    DonLawride
    Chae
    Myself (Resizing, and of course finding the tiles)

    If you guys want to add to it, thats great, but you have to resize (I have severe back pains from bending over at the for hours putting them in their positions perfectly. And no I'm not 70, I just have some back issues. Born with it) and put them in the original tileset available to download.

    I don't mean to be rude, but if you have a problem with what I'm doing, then just don't use them, and go somewhere else. I'm getting awfully annoyed at people going like, "Did you get permission?" "Why did you take my tiles"




    Thanks, and happy Mapping!!!
    Attached Thumbnails
    planti11.jpg‎  
    __________________


    YouTube Channel
    Deviant Art
    BGFM Forums
    Take a quiz about me!
    I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
    If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old December 20th, 2012 (8:31 AM).
    ppooookkkkkkk ppooookkkkkkk is offline
    Banned
       
      Join Date: May 2012
      Location: Newbud town (Pokemon Morning/Night)
      Age: 16
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Gentle
      Posts: 229
      Thanks for the upload. I'll sure use them
        #3    
      Old December 20th, 2012 (8:52 AM).
      desbrina's Avatar
      desbrina desbrina is offline
      Lightning Yellow Creator
         
        Join Date: Feb 2011
        Location: UK
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 681
        Sorry, but if you've taken those off my tileset/screenshots which it looks like you have, i'd like you to remove them

        You didn't ask permission, and the tiles were never public
        __________________
        Creator of


        A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.

          #4    
        Old December 20th, 2012 (8:57 AM).
        Lord Varion's Avatar
        Lord Varion Lord Varion is offline
        Guess who's back?
           
          Join Date: Feb 2009
          Age: 22
          Gender: Other
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 2,644
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by desbrina View Post
          Sorry, but if you've taken those off my tileset/screenshots which it looks like you have, i'd like you to remove them

          You didn't ask permission, and the tiles were never public
          Actually no.
          Nothing here is yours, I've seen these tilesets around.
          They are used in Crazy Ninja Kid's HGSS pack.
          But still, he's not allowed to claim these as his own.
          __________________
          gone.
            #5    
          Old December 20th, 2012 (9:04 AM).
          ppooookkkkkkk ppooookkkkkkk is offline
          Banned
             
            Join Date: May 2012
            Location: Newbud town (Pokemon Morning/Night)
            Age: 16
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 229
            Thanks for telling me since i don't use private tiles very ofently. If these really are used in someone's game i won't use them.
              #6    
            Old December 20th, 2012 (9:11 AM).
            desbrina's Avatar
            desbrina desbrina is offline
            Lightning Yellow Creator
               
              Join Date: Feb 2011
              Location: UK
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 681
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
              Actually no.
              Nothing here is yours, I've seen these tilesets around.
              They are used in Crazy Ninja Kid's HGSS pack.
              But still, he's not allowed to claim these as his own.
              Some of the tiles in that tileset are, i know since i also use it, but the tiles at the bottom aren't from the tileset.

              Most of those have actually come from Lightning Yellow
              The most obvious being the boats in the water, they a bad upscaling from this screenshot
              __________________
              Creator of


              A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.

                #7    
              Old December 21st, 2012 (5:33 PM). Edited December 21st, 2012 by BenGames,Films, and More!.
              BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
              BenGames,Films, and More! BenGames,Films, and More! is offline
              Are you not entertained?
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2012
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Serious
                Posts: 134
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by desbrina View Post
                Sorry, but if you've taken those off my tileset/screenshots which it looks like you have, i'd like you to remove them

                You didn't ask permission, and the tiles were never public
                Sorry, but these were actually givin to me by a friend, and he said you were okay with it, and to give credit to you...I will remove
                I hope you forgive me, I can't apologize enough...
                Ben

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
                Actually no.
                Nothing here is yours, I've seen these tilesets around.
                They are used in Crazy Ninja Kid's HGSS pack.
                But still, he's not allowed to claim these as his own.
                I've seen them in the Pokemon Script Project(French Website) and they gave me permission to show these

                All "errors" have been sorted out, I now have the right to fully show these tiles Enjoy!

                If you have any tiles you would like to add, PM me
                __________________


                YouTube Channel
                Deviant Art
                BGFM Forums
                Take a quiz about me!
                I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
                If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
                  #8    
                Old December 24th, 2012 (11:56 AM).
                Theik's Avatar
                Theik Theik is offline
                Fancy Cape Knight
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2008
                  Age: 29
                  Gender:
                  Posts: 73
                  Every time these whole dramas pop up about "oh you stole my tilesets", I can't help but giggle. You're all stealing from Nintendo, ripping them from a game does not mean they're suddenly somehow yours.
                    #9    
                  Old December 24th, 2012 (1:26 PM).
                  carmaniac's Avatar
                  carmaniac carmaniac is offline
                  Where the pickle surprise at?
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2009
                    Location: England
                    Age: 22
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 682
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Theik View Post
                    Every time these whole dramas pop up about "oh you stole my tilesets", I can't help but giggle. You're all stealing from Nintendo, ripping them from a game does not mean they're suddenly somehow yours.
                    People assuming that the tiles are always ripped makes my laugh. . There are people out there who do happen to make their own tiles, when someone steals them, they are allowed to get all worked up about it considering it was their work
                    __________________

                    Pokémon: Lost Souls.







                    Developed by Carmaniac.


                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                    My balls seem to be fine.
                      #10    
                    Old December 24th, 2012 (3:27 PM).
                    Rayquaza.'s Avatar
                    Rayquaza. Rayquaza. is offline
                    Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2011
                      Location: United Kingdom
                      Age: 20
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 688
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Theik View Post
                      Every time these whole dramas pop up about "oh you stole my tilesets", I can't help but giggle. You're all stealing from Nintendo, ripping them from a game does not mean they're suddenly somehow yours.
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by carmaniac View Post
                      People assuming that the tiles are always ripped makes my laugh. . There are people out there who do happen to make their own tiles, when someone steals them, they are allowed to get all worked up about it considering it was their work
                      Both assuming and claiming ownership of tiles isn't right because as Theik pointed out; they're from Nintendo and belong to Nintendo. May I just point out that you can't really rip tilesets from NDS games with much ease because Nintendo stopped using tilesets after Pokémon Emerald was released and started using textures instead, as of D/P/Pt and henceforth.
                      __________________
                        #11    
                      Old December 24th, 2012 (6:52 PM).
                      BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
                      BenGames,Films, and More! BenGames,Films, and More! is offline
                      Are you not entertained?
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Serious
                        Posts: 134
                        Well, all I know is, they were given to me by a friend, and said to give credit to people from the first post by me. I had no intention of stealing or claiming ownership for them. Plus, that "friend" is not trustworthy, and not my friend anymore. I apologize to anyone who was negatively affected by this thread.
                        Case closed, just use the resources, if you want the resources.
                        __________________


                        YouTube Channel
                        Deviant Art
                        BGFM Forums
                        Take a quiz about me!
                        I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
                        If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
                          #12    
                        Old December 25th, 2012 (8:21 AM).
                        BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
                        BenGames,Films, and More! BenGames,Films, and More! is offline
                        Are you not entertained?
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Serious
                          Posts: 134
                          Hi guys! I've launched Project B2W2! Its a project where we gather sources, turn them in to RMXP material, so we can use latest resources. It won't be easy, because NDS resources are not easy to use for RMXP, but If you're interested, PM me or if you've started something like this already, then join in!
                          __________________


                          YouTube Channel
                          Deviant Art
                          BGFM Forums
                          Take a quiz about me!
                          I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
                          If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
                            #13    
                          Old December 25th, 2012 (10:33 AM).
                          IceGod64's Avatar
                          IceGod64 IceGod64 is offline
                          In the Lost & Found bin!
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2008
                            Location: Castelia City
                            Age: 29
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Naive
                            Posts: 623
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Rayquaza. View Post
                            Both assuming and claiming ownership of tiles isn't right because as Theik pointed out; they're from Nintendo and belong to Nintendo. May I just point out that you can't really rip tilesets from NDS games with much ease because Nintendo stopped using tilesets after Pokémon Emerald was released and started using textures instead, as of D/P/Pt and henceforth.
                            Custom tilesets have no relation whatsoever to Nintendo, and the artist who made them has every right to use them how they want, and claim ownership however they want. And that's what Carmaniac was talking a bout, custom tilesets. Not all of the are ripped. Ripped Tilesets are using graphics created by Nintendo, therefore, whether the ripper edits the tiles or not, the graphics do belong to Nintendo; however, entirely new graphics, no matter what their intended purpose is, are not copyrighted or property of Nintendo in any way, only the property of the creator.

                            Copyright does not extend beyond the original creations of the developers, so ownership by Nintendo does not happen until either copyrighted Pokemon designs are used, graphics assets from their games are taken directly, or the name Pokémon is used.
                            __________________

                              #14    
                            Old December 27th, 2012 (11:29 AM).
                            BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
                            BenGames,Films, and More! BenGames,Films, and More! is offline
                            Are you not entertained?
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2012
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Serious
                              Posts: 134
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by IceGod64 View Post
                              Custom tilesets have no relation whatsoever to Nintendo, and the artist who made them has every right to use them how they want, and claim ownership however they want. And that's what Carmaniac was talking a bout, custom tilesets. Not all of the are ripped. Ripped Tilesets are using graphics created by Nintendo, therefore, whether the ripper edits the tiles or not, the graphics do belong to Nintendo; however, entirely new graphics, no matter what their intended purpose is, are not copyrighted or property of Nintendo in any way, only the property of the creator.

                              Copyright does not extend beyond the original creations of the developers, so ownership by Nintendo does not happen until either copyrighted Pokemon designs are used, graphics assets from their games are taken directly, or the name Pokémon is used.
                              Right, so if I understood what you said, this is perfectly okay to show these here?
                              __________________


                              YouTube Channel
                              Deviant Art
                              BGFM Forums
                              Take a quiz about me!
                              I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
                              If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
                                #15    
                              Old April 23rd, 2013 (5:30 AM).
                              Fierce Waffle Fierce Waffle is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2013
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 4
                                I cant seem to download these. Can you upload them to a image hosting site?
                                  #16    
                                Old April 23rd, 2013 (5:37 AM).
                                Eren Jaeger's Avatar
                                Eren Jaeger Eren Jaeger is offline
                                Pianoist
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2013
                                  Location: EARTH
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Serious
                                  Posts: 154
                                  Thanks for sharing! I'll used this when I have time to map and recolor.. resize as well.
                                  __________________
                                  Music is art
                                    #17    
                                  Old April 23rd, 2013 (10:47 AM).
                                  BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
                                  BenGames,Films, and More! BenGames,Films, and More! is offline
                                  Are you not entertained?
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Serious
                                    Posts: 134
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Fierce Waffle View Post
                                    I cant seem to download these. Can you upload them to a image hosting site?
                                    Remind me on Friday in a PM. I am very busy (replying on mobile).
                                    __________________


                                    YouTube Channel
                                    Deviant Art
                                    BGFM Forums
                                    Take a quiz about me!
                                    I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
                                    If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
                                      #18    
                                    Old May 4th, 2013 (3:18 PM).
                                    rtotheeborn rtotheeborn is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: May 2013
                                      Posts: 1
                                      reupload as png pls.. its only a low quality jpg version at the moment
                                        #19    
                                      Old May 4th, 2013 (3:40 PM). Edited May 4th, 2013 by BenGames,Films, and More!.
                                      BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
                                      BenGames,Films, and More! BenGames,Films, and More! is offline
                                      Are you not entertained?
                                         
                                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Serious
                                        Posts: 134
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by rtotheeborn View Post
                                        reupload as png pls.. its only a low quality jpg version at the moment
                                        Please go to the BGFM Essentials Kit. It will have the tileset, along with other usefull items

                                        Moderators plz close this!

                                        1. Because this tileset is in the BGFM Essentials Kit
                                        2. Because, it gives headaches to upload and give links

                                        Lol, ppl. Just go to the BGFM Kit
                                        __________________


                                        YouTube Channel
                                        Deviant Art
                                        BGFM Forums
                                        Take a quiz about me!
                                        I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
                                        If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
                                          #20    
                                        Old May 4th, 2013 (5:20 PM).
                                        Maruno's Avatar
                                        Maruno Maruno is offline
                                        Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jan 2008
                                          Location: England
                                          Posts: 5,171
                                          Thread closed, but only because I just happened to notice Ben's post and not because he PM'd me about it (which he should have done but didn't).
                                          __________________
                                          Go to the Pokémon Essentials Wiki

                                          | Downloads | Tutorials | Fangames |
                                          | All Animations Project |

                                          Follow me on Twitter: @maruno42


                                          Closed Thread
                                          Quick Reply

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:11 PM.