• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
@Slender Thanks, you too! Shiny Treecko's awesome :D
@ThatSuperHappyCloud To put it quickly/simply lots of patience is the best advice! :D The Shiny Charm is a key item you get when you fill the national dex in Black/White2, and it reduces the shiny odds. Here's the Bulbapedia entry for it: "Effect: Increases the chances of encountering Shiny Pokémon. Chances of encountering Shiny Pokémon in the wild is changed to 1/2730. Chances of an egg producing a Shiny Pokémon via the Masuda method is changed to 1/1024."
Congrats Miltoicfan54 on the Frillish (and I hope you get well soon), and Lunafloon on the Charmander! That little fiery gal definitely helps with your yellow theme, huh? ^_^

I'm only doing 100 or so SRs per day-ish personally, because I'm working on a few animations and stuff! Hopefully I can nab something before Christmas though, that would be good!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
So I reset some of my games.
Today I got a hold of the Lake of Rage Gyarados! Of course it's not as good as a normal shiny, but still nice to have around. n_n

I've still been procrastinating my Treecko hunt. I'm more focused on completing my national dex on Diamond.

MonoSpectator

Neighborhood Psycho
Years
Uhm, greetings Shiny Pokemon Hunters :3 May I join this club?

I don't have any shiny Pokemon of my own just yet, but I'm hunting for a shiny Charmander and a shiny Eevee (with all eeveelutions) in my Pokemon FireRed, although I might be moving to Emerald soon and start hunting for those above along with a shiny Mudkip and other 3rd Gen Pokemon.

Years
and Lunafloon on the Charmander! That little fiery gal definitely helps with your yellow theme, huh? ^_^

Thank you! She sure does! There's just something about yellow shinies I like. I don't even mean to collect so many but I guess I may as well make it a thing now, especially since I'm hunting Shinx on Platinum soon :P

A lot of Treekos being hunted for around here! Good luck finding those blue and red geckos, and any other hunts taking place. I'm in the process of hatching my stockpile of 330 Snover eggs, which brings the total number of eggs to 530! MMing is fun and frustrating all at once, that's only (roughly) half the odds and I already feel like it's taken forever!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Congratulations on the Sawsbuck, Frillish and Charmander! Also, congrats on the Charmander being female. She's just like my shiny Treecko haha, she's female too.

So, I was going to hunt Skorupi for the red shiny of this contest, but because I also want to use it competitively I'm going to put that hunt off for a while. See, I was planning on Everstoning (lol that sounds weird) a Careful nature on it and breeding the egg move Whirlwind, but that won't be possible as of now because I forgot that Everstone only works on the female Pokémon and my Japanese female Skorupi doesn't have the right nature. My male English Beautifly does, though, because I'm an airhead and forgot that that won't work. So the easiest way to accomplish my plan is to use a female English Skorupi with the correct nature (that shouldn't be hard to do) and a male Japanese Beautifly or Dustox with Whirlwind. Now, I'm sure many of us know the ridiculous things people on the GTS ask for, so getting the male Japanese Beautifly or Dustox will take a while and I don't want to waste hunting time. Instead I will hunt for Bonsly :]
And if I don't get lazy I'll continue playing through Diamond version so I can SR for the Lake Trio. I haven't touched it in a while so I should really get to it soon haha.

tl;dr I won't be able to get the nature and egg move I want for my shiny Skorupi in time for the contest so I am putting it off and hunting for Bonsly instead. I will try to play through Diamond as well so I can start SRing for the Lake Trio.

And on another note, I evolved two of my shinies, so I now have shiny Zoroark and shiny Vaporeon. Woo.

Uhm, greetings Shiny Pokemon Hunters :3 May I join this club?

I don't have any shiny Pokemon of my own just yet, but I'm hunting for a shiny Charmander and a shiny Eevee (with all eeveelutions) in my Pokemon FireRed, although I might be moving to Emerald soon and start hunting for those above along with a shiny Mudkip and other 3rd Gen Pokemon.
Welcome to the club, MonoSpectator! Charmander and Eevee are very cool shinies indeed :D
However I suggest that you not SR in Emerald, because the RNG is broken in that game. Every time you SR you'd end up with the same Mudkips over and over. I'm not super knowledgeable about why that is or why it happens, or if it even affects the shininess of wild Pokémon, so anybody who knows more on that will hopefully explain in further detail.

Good luck on your hunts, everyone! Yay I'm done blabbing now

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Welcome, MonoSpectator (:

No updates yet on Treecko. Instead, I've been trying to beat Soulsilver version. It's nearly Christmas, so I think I'm going to kick back when it comes to hunting. I'm going to reset HG version and just SR for a shiny starter. Worst case scenario, I either don't find one or I get another Chikorita. It's not like it'll hurt anything to have an extra one! I found my first SR shiny in around half of an hour, which was pretty epic. I almost skipped out and kept trying for Cyndaquil or Totodile...glad I changed my mind, considering afterward I kept trying for 3 hours with no luck.

I do have a question for you guys, though.
Should I try to SR for a shiny Lugia, once I can get to it? It would be my very first shiny legendary, which is nice. But should I skip out and go for one of the bird trio instead? I think I'm going to go browse the shiny versions of the legendaries to help decide.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Frillish, miloticfan54! Get well soon!

Congrats on the shiny Charmander, Lunafloon!

Welcome to the club, MonoSpectator! NightOfRemorse explained the broken RNG as well as I could. I would stick with FireRed.

This week's random hunt is... Girafarig!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My life is now complete.
For Christmas, I was given a pre-loaded version of Pokemon Emerald. No cheat devices. Everything is legit.

It includes every Pokemon from Gen I-III and every single one is shiny, aside from ones that cannot be legitimately obtained (i.e. Celebi). @_@

Best of all...I can send my favorite ones over to Diamond version to battle with. n_n

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Merry Christmas everyone; hope you are all having a good time with your family and friends.

Cya and happy hunting.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2012
im new to this site but i love shinies :)
i just caught a shiny metapod :D its brownish and i evolved it into a purple butterfree with green eyes (pokemon gold) it was the first pokemon i met after getting pokeballs.
I was like OMG

I allso have a shiny psyduck in my other game its light blue and white nothing notable about it apearance

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Welcome, Grassbunny. (:
Oh, cool. I hunted for a shiny Psyduck a while ago, but after hatching less than 30 eggs, I got bored and quit.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Welcome to the club, grassbunny! Congrats on the shiny Metapod!

I MMed some Litwicks on White on the 24th for my birthday, but no luck.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Been gone for just under a month now. Way to much RL stuff to have time for games. BUT picked up Black 2 after a month and decided to work towards finally completing the game. got the 3rd gym done now so just the rest to go before I start SRing all the legends, which will be long and boring but eh. Plenty of time atm.

Flydro

doobz
Years
Just an update on my current hunts:

Dratini - 1760 SRs (Soul Silver)
Piplup - 150 SRs (Platinum)

So I reset my Platinum version earlier today for a new ID and hoping for the best, I don't plan on resetting again so I'm just gonna stick with it until I get the shiny Piplup. Lately the hunt for Dratini has been coming along a lot slower than it normally would since I have been so focused on SRing in Platinum. I want shiny Empoleon VERY badly, because it is one of the few water shinies that isn't purple or green and I just gotta have it so I can start playing in Sinnoh for the first time. I'll try and get more hunting done in SS since the resets are much faster, but wanting to get Piplup so badly is conflicting with that. Been thinking about going to get Heart Gold too because I want another shiny Johto starter (Totodile mostly, but I wouldn't mind Chikorita since I don't have one) and the SRs are really quick. Whatever happens, I just hope Dratini and Piplup shine soon!

Welcome to the new members, and good luck to everyone on their hunts! :D ***

Years
Thank you! She sure does! There's just something about yellow shinies I like. I don't even mean to collect so many but I guess I may as well make it a thing now, especially since I'm hunting Shinx on Platinum soon :P

A lot of Treekos being hunted for around here! Good luck finding those blue and red geckos, and any other hunts taking place. I'm in the process of hatching my stockpile of 330 Snover eggs, which brings the total number of eggs to 530! MMing is fun and frustrating all at once, that's only (roughly) half the odds and I already feel like it's taken forever!

I know what you mean with the yellow shinies - those and blue and black ones look really cool to me!
Good luck to you too - hopefully Snover won't be much later for the holidays!

I do have a question for you guys, though.
Should I try to SR for a shiny Lugia, once I can get to it? It would be my very first shiny legendary, which is nice. But should I skip out and go for one of the bird trio instead? I think I'm going to go browse the shiny versions of the legendaries to help decide.

Personally I'd go for Lugia - all the birds are awesome, but Lugia's quite a lot more different between its normal and shiny forms than most of the birds. Plus, you can go after the birds after Lugia, but can't go the other way round! ^^

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Welcome to the club, grassbunny! Congrats on the shiny Metapod!

I MMed some Litwicks on White on the 24th for my birthday, but no luck.

What is your Litwick hunt up to now..? It's such a shame it couldn't arrive for your birthday! Good luck next time you pick it up! D:

hi every one i just wanted to say that i caught a shiny ponchyna :D i am so happy

Congrats! :D

Good luck also everyone else on their hunts! We need more shinies! xD
And merry late Christmas to all; I hope everyone got what they wished for and spent plenty of time with family and friends!

Personally, I received a slightly late Christmas gift today, thanks to my apparently lucky Leafgreen (Which got Articuno at just over 3k and now this...):

Spoiler:

Took me only 1326 SRs - I do have my now 16k+ Treecko hunt, my 1300+ Dialga and my 7k+ Kyurem hunts ongoing too... so goodness knows why I got the lowest numbered shiny, but it's okay with me! Lol!
I got caught so off guard with this. I used 50+ balls, but it ended up going in a Masterball, unfortunately. The whole time I was fighting it I wasn't sure if it was shiny! Lol :D

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
Hiya! I'm Leaf, and I've recently gotten into hunting shinies. Except, I don't exactly own any shinies... XD

So...I was hoping I could join. XD I'm currently trying to get a shiny Dusclops. ;)

Years
Well, apparently... since I'm abroad right now... I've been IV breeding, but I recently decided to try hunting for a second REd shiny... Well, it's gonna take a while deciding which route has shinies that are easy to differentiate from their normal ones, but currently, I'm wondering if there is a route eith Seviper that would give me luck... Anyways, a late Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to y'all... Happy hunting!

Congrats to all the recent shiny catches, especially SRed ones!

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I'm back after a long time of absence. I had given up on shiny hunting for a while, but I'm going to get back into it. Still after a shiny in Viridian Forest, but I don't remember how many encounters I had done at that point, and I've started a new game since then, so I guess I'll just start over. Here's hoping I get my shiny Beedrill. (Though Caterpie would be good too)

Back