• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Featured: The All Animations Project

oldsnake90

Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze
Years
how do you import animations to your games data base from your wiki? It tells me to put animations in a folder in the animations folder. and its saying i dont have one there.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Put the audio file(s) into the Audio/SE folder. Put the graphic file into the Graphics/Animations folder. Put the .anm file into the game's main folder. None of them require special sub-folders to be created.

oldsnake90

Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze
Years
i just did that. and i imported them but they dont save. as soon as i close out of the editor it goes back to what it was before i imported it.

Maruno

Years
i just did that. and i imported them but they dont save. as soon as i close out of the editor it goes back to what it was before i imported it.
Yep, that's a bug I discovered yesterday. Wait for v11 to come out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Put the audio file(s) into the Audio/SE folder. Put the graphic file into the Graphics/Animations folder. Put the .anm file into the game's main folder. None of them require special sub-folders to be created.

It does not work in Essential V11.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The animation does not appear in the battle.

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
I don't know why you're looking at the Database - it's obsolete and unused, and just happens to contain some old information. The Essentials Animation Editor (your first screenshot) is the only important thing.

Assuming you've saved the animations, the weather animations should show in battle. Note that there is (currently) no animation for using a weather-inducing move, and the animation you're playing with is the one that shows at the end of each round while the weather persists.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
I don't know why you're looking at the Database - it's obsolete and unused, and just happens to contain some old information. The Essentials Animation Editor (your first screenshot) is the only important thing.

OK.

Assuming you've saved the animations, the weather animations should show in battle. Note that there is (currently) no animation for using a weather-inducing move, and the animation you're playing with is the one that shows at the end of each round while the weather persists.
Blast Burn's animation works.

But there does not work the animation of Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Hail. (I refer to the animations of these attack at the end of every round.)
These four attacks are saved in the AnimationEditor, so they should work.

Maruno

Years
Yes, they should work. If you're trying out some of the many animations Brother1440 has been making (available on the wiki), then I've not tried them out yet so I can't comment.

Have a look at the animation's position - it should be "Screen". That's all I can think of.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Yes, they should work. If you're trying out some of the many animations Brother1440 has been making (available on the wiki), then I've not tried them out yet so I can't comment.

Have a look at the animation's position - it should be "Screen". That's all I can think of.

They had marked the option "Both Battlers", so I it have changed to "Screen", and I saved.
I test it in the essential game and they continue without the animations work.

Then I opened the Animation Editor again, but now there is always an error if I use the Animation Play Rain Dance, Hail, Sandstorm, and Sunny Day. (it's okay if I use another attack)

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
Exception: ArgumentError
PBAnimation:466:in `initialize'
PBAnimation:466:in `new'
PBAnimation:466:in `initialize'
PokemonAnimEditor:1150:in `new'
PokemonAnimEditor:1150:in `play'
PokemonAnimEditor:3062:in `animationEditorMain'
PokemonAnimEditor:2927:in `loop'
PokemonAnimEditor:3092:in `animationEditorMain'
PokemonAnimEditor:3111:in `pbAnimationEditor'
EditorMain #####:110:in `pbEditorMenu'

PS: I'm sorry if my English is not well understood.

Maruno

Years
That's a known bug. In PBAnimations line 696, make sure it reads:

Code:
def initialize(animation,user,target,viewport=nil)
I think that solves it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
That's a known bug. In PBAnimations line 696, make sure it reads:

Code:
def initialize(animation,user,target,viewport=nil)
I think that solves it.

Yes, that strange error is gone. :D
Although, the end of turn animations of these four attacks are still not working. :\

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Urp! I'm really sorry for my incredible slacking!

For whatever reason, I find it really difficult to get started on this.

I wish I could help, but I'd like to sign myself off because of the same reason I'm afraid of offering any help to people at all: I can't dedicate myself to anything.

Though most of you have probably forgotten me by now, it doesn't sit right with me to not mention anything after my last comment, semi-promising to help out.

-Mikau

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Brother1440 sure is dedicated, I'd say to add more options in the Animation Editor. For example, moving the pokemon (before, in-between, and after), the skill is used, making pokemon disappear then reappear. You know, for some of the move, and @Brother1440 thanks for your commitment.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016

When you said "put the .anm file into the games main folder," what did you mean? Do you mean the first folder with animaker and the editor? Or somewhere else?

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
The main folder is the one which has Game.exe and Game.rxproj in it (you run the latter to open your game in RMXP). It also has the folders "Audio", "Graphics" and "PBS" in it, as well as Editor programs, ExtendText and a shortcut to the wiki (plus other things).

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
The main folder is the one which has Game.exe and Game.rxproj in it (you run the latter to open your game in RMXP). It also has the folders "Audio", "Graphics" and "PBS" in it, as well as Editor programs, ExtendText and a shortcut to the wiki (plus other things).

When I go into the editor and go to "animations" and press "load all animations" it tells me that there are none in the animation folder even though I have the .anm files in there, unless I'm missing something.

Maruno

Years
Oh, I forgot about that feature (I'd seen it in passing ages ago but it never really registered in my mind).

Unless you're loading lots of animations at once, it's probably best to ignore it, and to import each animation manually from within the Essentials Animation Editor. I don't think it moves any files around so you'd need to do that anyway, and it may not even work properly anyway due to me changing things.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Oh, I forgot about that feature (I'd seen it in passing ages ago but it never really registered in my mind).

Unless you're loading lots of animations at once, it's probably best to ignore it, and to import each animation manually from within the Essentials Animation Editor. I don't think it moves any files around so you'd need to do that anyway, and it may not even work properly anyway due to me changing things.

Will that be fixed in the next update?

Maruno

Years
I don't even know if it's broken; I haven't tested it. It's supposed to work by you putting each new animation in its own folder in the Graphics/Animations folder.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I don't even know if it's broken; I haven't tested it. It's supposed to work by you putting each new animation in its own folder in the Graphics/Animations folder.

I have already tried that and it hasnt really worked out.

Back