• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Does anyone know how some pokemon can learn only light screen and only reflect but not both. Arent they the same bi-product?

I know one, and its Feebas, which can only learn light screen. I feel thats its weird if a Pokemon knows Light Screen, but doesn't know reflect and vice-versa.

tnfsf11

Hey, call me crazy but I've just had a dream about the Pokemon generation 6 being announced and as a tease there was a picture of a domino-like Pokemon that evolves into a dice O_O fantasy dream or expected reality?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
A domino/dice Pokemon would make a really interesting design, but it'll also bring controversy within the fanbase and there "superior" taste for design rather than battle performance.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
That would actually be really cool, I'm imagining it like folding up to become a die?

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Not to be a party pooper but pokemon that have a direct resemblence to human inventions or creations sort of make me go: ".....sigh"

blue

gucci
Years
A domino/dice Pokemon would make a really interesting design, but it'll also bring controversy within the fanbase and there "superior" taste for design rather than battle performance.

It would be kind of similar to the Vanillite evolution line in a way but it would be a good idea.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Not to be a party pooper but pokemon that have a direct resemblence to human inventions or creations sort of make me go: ".....sigh"

I agree entirely. Especially things like Foongus/Amoonguss where they supposedly evolved to look like Pokéballs to fool trainers but that would imply they never existed before Pokéballs, most likely a quite recent invention given the technology involved, were invented and that they instantly changed to look like them. And the ice-cream cone Vanillite and the rubbish bag Trubbish, don't even get me started...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
You'll probably won't like my idea for a Electric/Fire type Lava Lamp Snail hybrid, since it's also based off of a human invention/creation.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
^A very weird thing to read the first time stopping by here.

Now that I got some context, though, I'll add to that. Aren't Pokemon like Magnemite and Porygon artificial anyway? Voltorb, I'm not sure about that line. Still, it doesn't seem like it'd be a stretch to include similar ideas to that. I dunno, it's not like I've seen much of the new Pokemon anyway (though I distinctly remember a freaky gear looking thing. Might one of you be referring to that?).

A dice Pokemon would probably look better if it wasn't as verbatim as it sounds. It's basically a rounded edged white cube with non symmetrical dalmatian like spots on all but one side, but the "two" side would be the eyes. Or the "one" side if it's a one eyed creature. I dunno, sounds kind of cute, like an inspiration straight from Tokidoki or something. In fact, that's the only thing I'd be worried about, people claiming that Pokemon's gonna just start adding faces to everything like it's part of a fad.

When it evolves, it should become a 20 sided polygonal die or something really unnerving, like Claydol.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Like in the most serious way, I wanna know if any of you, as trainers, have formed REAL bonds of trust with a pokemon you've raised. Given them a personality, developed them, given them sentience in your imagination. If so, who is the pokemon you are closest to? What is their name? Species? What's their story? Why do you love them?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

Shiny Bidoof

On fire
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
Like in the most serious way, I wanna know if any of you, as trainers, have formed REAL bonds of trust with a pokemon you've raised. Given them a personality, developed them, given them sentience in your imagination. If so, who is the pokemon you are closest to? What is their name? Species? What's their story? Why do you love them?

I always form a bond with the starters. They're there since the beginning! If I stop using them I feel like I'm abandoning them.

I also loved Togepi. metronome is such a cool ability. I would use it all the time to see what would happen.

Only other one I can think of now is the Slowking I used to have. He was so cool. Never got another one.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Sometimes! My boyfriend has a Serious Stoutland in his Black game that I used to mess with him about by putting it in Musicals and stuff and he would get all annoyed because the poor Stoutland is SO SERIOUS and does not appreciate having a pink bow and a flowery hat put on it. I don't think it even had a nickname though. :(

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Sometimes! My boyfriend has a Serious Stoutland in his Black game that I used to mess with him about by putting it in Musicals and stuff and he would get all annoyed because the poor Stoutland is SO SERIOUS and does not appreciate having a pink bow and a flowery hat put on it. I don't think it even had a nickname though. :(

That made me laugh Toujours hahahaha.

I'm protective of my Gorebyss in my Ruby, when my brother threatened to release it, I kicked him in a place where you don't want to be kicked.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021

LOL. Seriously man, LOL.

I always form a bond with the starters. They're there since the beginning! If I stop using them I feel like I'm abandoning them.

I also loved Togepi. metronome is such a cool ability. I would use it all the time to see what would happen.

Only other one I can think of now is the Slowking I used to have. He was so cool. Never got another one.

Same here! I always put my starters in my team no matter what!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday

Personally, all of my teams (especially starters) count once I've beaten the game :P
Choosing a specific game, it's probably the Gardevoir (Zoe) from my most recent Emerald playthrough. I mean, for example she utterly decimated a couple of gym leaders (Norman is the only one I could remember).
Other than that, there's also my shiny Pidgeot (Feather) whom I caught as a Pidgey in LeafGreen 7 or 8 years ago, the same Pidgeot that's currently sitting in one of my boxes in White.

---------------------------------------------
Also, I may be thinking too hard about this, but...

Spoiler:

TL;DR - Pokémon Trainers are getting it on with each other in pokémon centres.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back