ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old December 26th, 2012 (7:08 AM).
Dialga Fangirl

Nature: Timid
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SchokoInc View Post
    I think the question wasn't how to change the intro music (which is quite clear) but how to change the music that plays during the battle :] This question was asked rather often but never actually answered :o And actually this is my question too and i searched the entire thread for an answer :< It was said once (about 100 pages before) that it is possible to change the music that is linked to a certain trainer class e.g. that the gym leader (battle) theme is played when you challenge a trainer of the class boss but i didn't find an answer to this

So here's my question: How can i change the music playing against a special class of trainers.

@FireFox: In the script helping thread and here:
    sfc [dot] pokefans [dot] net / lesson [dot] php?id=13&lang=en (damn spam-filter i'm too new to post URLs or hyperlinks :< )
    you can find a tutorial how to change the music that plays for a single battle As I'm planning to have a different battle music playing against the opposing team this would be too much :< but for your needs it seems to be enough Hope it helped
    Thanks for the assist but unfortunately it didn't help. Following that guide, the music was still as it was. I completely forgot that this ROM I'm trying to edit has already been hacked. All of the music has been replaced (well, new tracks have been added, the original music is still there). Anyways, somewhere in the hex there's got to be something that says: "If tclass = Leader then playsong LEADER_THEME". If I can find this hex value, switch it to the Trainer song, then I'll be happy! Just wish I knew where it was.

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 26th, 2012 (7:41 AM).
    Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
      Quote:
      I think the question wasn't how to change the intro music (which is quite clear) but how to change the music that plays during the battle :] This question was asked rather often but never actually answered :o And actually this is my question too and i searched the entire thread for an answer :< It was said once (about 100 pages before) that it is possible to change the music that is linked to a certain trainer class e.g. that the gym leader (battle) theme is played when you challenge a trainer of the class boss but i didn't find an answer to this
      Simple answer? There's no easy way to do it. It's all determined by ASM with no "hex table".
      I've created ASM which lets you create such a table, as well as define regional music, but both "full" answers require ASM.
      Old December 26th, 2012 (8:29 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
        Simple answer? There's no easy way to do it. It's all determined by ASM with no "hex table".
        I've created ASM which lets you create such a table, as well as define regional music, but both "full" answers require ASM.
        So it is possible? :) I think a tool which lets you do this would be awesome *-* but otherwise creating tools is anything but light and easy work i guess :< Anyways could you please give some sort of light tutorial? :) (this would also end many questions ^-^) I have to admit I'm quite new to ASM myself and more in the
        "glad I actually understand what it is doing... somehow" phase than in the actual phase where i can crease ASM code myself :<

And is there a way how i could change the personality value of a given pokemon? :) (for example i want eevee to evolve either to espeon or to umbreon depending on the personality value and the eevee you get in fire red should always evolve into espeon :) )

Thats almost it my last question is if it would be possible (which i highly belive) to expand the kanto-dex in fire-red to 251 pokemon and how to do it (I only have to change some hex variables don't I? :) ) :)
        Old December 26th, 2012 (3:02 PM).

Is there a tool anywhere specifically for changing the titlescreen in FR/LG? I could only find one tutorial, and that was incomplete.
          Old December 26th, 2012 (3:02 PM).
          Dark Energy is back in action! ;)

Nature: Relaxed
            Quote:
            So it is possible? I think a tool which lets you do this would be awesome *-* but otherwise creating tools is anything but light and easy work i guess :< Anyways could you please give some sort of light tutorial? (this would also end many questions ^-^) I have to admit I'm quite new to ASM myself and more in the
            "glad I actually understand what it is doing... somehow" phase than in the actual phase where i can crease ASM code myself :<
            http://static.patater.com/gbaguy/gba/ch1.htm

Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
            CP of encountered pokemon in GO

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
            -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
            Old December 26th, 2012 (4:51 PM).
            Stellar

Nature: Serious
              1. Does anyone know how to change the text that is displayed once you've captured a pokemon and if it's going to be sent to a PC? I don't know the exact text it says, but can you change the text that says something like "Your party is full! Pokemon was sent to Box number here in your PC instead."

2. Does anyone know how to change the events that happen if you black out?

3. Does anyone know how to stop the PC from healing your Pokemon when you deposit them?

Thanks to anyone who can answer these.
              Old December 26th, 2012 (5:32 PM).
              Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Nature: Calm
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by vitamurmillo
                Is there a tool anywhere specifically for changing the titlescreen in FR/LG? I could only find one tutorial, and that was incomplete.
                There is no tool for inserting a title screen (as far as I know). You should look more closely at the tutorial section, though, because there is definitely more than one tutorial, and if you patch them together changing the title screen won't be too hard

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jcool
                1. Does anyone know how to change the text that is displayed once you've captured a pokemon and if it's going to be sent to a PC? I don't know the exact text it says, but can you change the text that says something like "Your party is full! Pokemon was sent to Box number here in your PC instead."

3. Does anyone know how to stop the PC from healing your Pokemon when you deposit them?

1). Search for it in A-Text and change it.

2). No clue.

3). I don't know for sure, but I would guess that that probably involves ASM hacking.
                Old December 26th, 2012 (6:42 PM).

How do you add legendary overworld battles to Pokemon Platinum? I've looked all over google and this site for a tutorial for this, but all I could find was tutorials for changing overworld sprites.

More specifically I'm trying to make it so I can walk up to an overworld sprite of Deoxys and start a traditional legendary battle with him like you would do with the legendary Pokemon normally found in the game. No one seems to know how to do this for Platinum though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                  Old December 26th, 2012 (8:15 PM).
                  Stellar

Nature: Serious
                    I have another question. The pickup ability gives a pokemon a 10% chance to be holding an item after a battle even if the pokemon is not used in the battle. The items it has a chance of holding are random but are defined, and are different between R/S and Fr/Lg. Is there any way to change what items the pickup ability can give?
                    Old December 26th, 2012 (9:56 PM).

Nature: Naughty
                      I have this problem that keeps showing up intermittently. Sometimes when I put the offset number in Advance Map it adds an 8 to the front when I open it. Other times it has no problem opening the offset that I put in.
                      Old December 26th, 2012 (11:06 PM).
                      -

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Jcool View Post
                        I have another question. The pickup ability gives a pokemon a 10% chance to be holding an item after a battle even if the pokemon is not used in the battle. The items it has a chance of holding are random but are defined, and are different between R/S and Fr/Lg. Is there any way to change what items the pickup ability can give?
                        I may not be entirely right. But considering there isn't a program that can do this for you, you'd have to find the HEX/ASM routines (whichever it be) that contain the information for this, and then you'd probably just have to change the item offsets for them to which ones you want. But unless the pick up ability is a major factor in your hack, I wouldn't really worry to much about it as it's not something people look into when playing a rom hack.
                        Old December 27th, 2012 (12:51 AM).

@miksy91
                          Thanks for the ASM tutorial :D
                          It still doesn't help me how to change class-specific music though :(
                          Old December 27th, 2012 (1:05 AM).
                          Dark Energy is back in action! ;)

Quote:
                            @miksy91
                            Thanks for the ASM tutorial :D
                            It still doesn't help me how to change class-specific music though
                            It's just the thing that will help you achieve doing it. Once you handle the stuff explained in that site, you've got to experiment and look for the routine used for loading the music for different trainer classes.

Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
                            CP of encountered pokemon in GO

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
                            -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
                            Old December 27th, 2012 (10:45 AM).
                            Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
                              I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

Pokemon Ruby, Sappy: What sound track is the "Pokemon Center Healing Sound"?
                              Old December 27th, 2012 (1:50 PM).
                              Like a sir!

I was wondering if there is any way to change the tm that a gym leader gives you in pokemon fire red?

Go Habs Go!
                                Old December 27th, 2012 (2:00 PM).

I'm trying to give pokemon fire red the same start as pokemon yellow (professor oak battles a pikachu, catch it and leads you to his lab) is it possible? if so, can you provide me some commented code/tut? Thanks.
                                  Old December 27th, 2012 (3:35 PM).
                                  -

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by thescourgex2 View Post
                                    I was wondering if there is any way to change the tm that a gym leader gives you in pokemon fire red?
                                    You'd just have to edit the gym battle script and alter the line which has the item code by swapping out the item number of the TM they currently give you to a different one. I don't have the list on me right now, but you'd probably be able to find it by searching through one of the larger scripting tutorials. Google can also be your best friend.

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Gianlucca View Post
                                    I'm trying to give pokemon fire red the same start as pokemon yellow (professor oak battles a pikachu, catch it and leads you to his lab) is it possible? if so, can you provide me some commented code/tut? Thanks.
                                    As far as I know, I don't think there is a way to implement your own AI battle scene. You could edit the man with the Weedle and change that to a Pikachu through ASM, or you could swap Weedle and Pikachu's sprites and stats and essentially all their data in the Pokedex for an easier way. But no one is going to write you a code for this.
                                    Old December 28th, 2012 (8:36 AM).
                                    What happens if I push it?....

Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                      Nature: Bold
                                      Quote:

I don't know anything about the first two you posted, but I just learned that it would require some serious ASM hacking to do #3.

From Bulbapedia:
                                      Quote:
                                      A Trainer's team starts at the following addresses in the GBA's RAM (for US games?):
                                      Ruby: 0x03004360
                                      Sapphire: 0x03004360
                                      Emerald: 0x02024190, 0x020244EC for US games
                                      FireRed: 0x02024284
                                      LeafGreen: 0x020241e4
                                      Additionally, a wild Pokémon or an opponent's Pokémon will begin at:
                                      Emerald: 0x02024744

There are 6 Pokémon per team, so the whole team continues for 600 bytes afterward.
                                      This structure is used to save data on Pokémon stored in the player's team. The structure for Pokémon saved in the PC stops after the data field, making it only 80 bytes long.
                                      This explains why Pokémon injured by status ailment will cure themselves when put in the PC. It also applies to stats and level, which are recalculated based on Experience.
                                      Thus, there are also 33600 (14*30*80) bytes stored somewhere else in the GBA's RAM to save data on Pokémon in the PC.
                                      When the GBA's saved state (including memory contents) are unzipped into a 740,000+ byte file and viewed, the 14 Boxes of 420 Pokémon are stored in the general region of $038000 $040000.
                                      This just shows that the reason why your Pokémon heal is due to fact that the game just doesn't save those values for Pokémon in your PC.

In order to have it work like in Red where the Pokémon in you box would not heal upon deposit, you would have to completely change the way the game saves. I just started learning ASM and such so I can't help you any more.

Good luck on you other ones though!
                                      Old December 28th, 2012 (9:06 AM).
                                      Now too much of a life.

Quote:

For number 1 you could use thingy and do some searching.[Link]

I don't know about number 2, but you could try to look into it with VBA-SDL-H. Very complicated though. You'd basically need to set a bunch of break points and trace things back through the rom.

Number 3 could would require (as stated above) a good amount asm.
                                        You could fake it however by copying those hundred or so bytes into an unused part of the ram and then copying them back out.
                                        Old December 28th, 2012 (10:19 AM).
                                        Collecting dust since 1898

Does anyone have a list of ACTUAL cry pointers for Gen. III Pokémon in Fire Red, the ones that would play correctly in the ROM when given to another species?
                                          The pointers that are in the Pokémon Game Editor and Cry Pointer Repointer play different cries, for example when I give Pidgeot Wurmple's cry it plays as Carvanha's.
                                          Old December 28th, 2012 (11:08 AM).

How does one edit trainer and item sprites in Emerald? The plug-ins for NSE don't support Emerald, so I'm at a loss on how to put some sprites into the game.
                                            Old December 28th, 2012 (12:34 PM).
                                            Eveveelution Eveveelution is offline

Hi I was wondering what software would I use to edit the intro to the game like where it says fire red, and there is a charizard.

Also how do you edit the script of a trainer after you finish the battle.
                                              Old December 28th, 2012 (12:44 PM).
                                              Now too much of a life.

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Slike View Post
                                                How does one edit trainer and item sprites in Emerald? The plug-ins for NSE don't support Emerald, so I'm at a loss on how to put some sprites into the game.
                                                Use (U)NLZ-GBA. It's pretty much a universal tool that can find almost any image.
                                                Old December 28th, 2012 (5:17 PM).
                                                shinyabsol1 shinyabsol1 is offline
                                                Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Nature: Calm
                                                  I have a question about how surf works. In all of the GBA Pokemon games, once you have surf you can simply press 'A' on a surf-able tile and it asks you if you want to or not. However, on my ROM (FR), this does not happen.

There is nothing wrong with surf itself, I can still make it work by using it from the Pokemon menu, and as far as I can tell, all of the behavior byte settings I have are also correct. So did I miss something else necessary for this to work, or does JPAN's hacked engine (which I am using) have something to do with this problem? Those are the only two things I can think of that might be wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.
                                                  Old December 28th, 2012 (7:41 PM).
                                                  karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                                  What happens if I push it?....

Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                                    Nature: Bold
                                                    I am working on a set of ASM routines that will be able to check what species your lead Pokemon is. I'm pretty new to it, so I need a little help. I dissected the Pokemon data and found how to unencrypt it, with the help of Bulbapedia, but I need a way to find the modular 24 of a reverse dword (the PID).

Let's say my Pokemon's PID is written out in the RAM as 23 45 67 34. I need a way to find the modular 18 (the 24 needs to be in hexadecimal) of 34 67 45 23 while starting out with 23 45 67 34.

So, I basically want to load the original PID into r0, reverse it, find the modular 18, and then write that to LASTRESULT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: I've seen in different places the command "bswap". Would this work?
                                                    Closed Thread

Quick Reply