ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #23401    
Old December 27th, 2012 (1:05 AM).
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91 miksy91 is offline
Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
     
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: A small country in the North
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 1,435

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SchokoInc View Post
    @miksy91
    Thanks for the ASM tutorial :D
    It still doesn't help me how to change class-specific music though
    It's just the thing that will help you achieve doing it. Once you handle the stuff explained in that site, you've got to experiment and look for the routine used for loading the music for different trainer classes.

    __________________

    My Rom Hack

    Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
    CP of encountered pokemon in GO

    Learn how to hack GB/C games:

    Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
    -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations


    Relevant Advertising!

      #23402    
    Old December 27th, 2012 (10:45 AM).
    Renegade's Avatar
    Renegade Renegade is offline
    Time for real life...
       
      Join Date: Nov 2011
      Location: United States
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Careful
      Posts: 998

      I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

      Pokemon Ruby, Sappy: What sound track is the "Pokemon Center Healing Sound"?

      __________________

        #23403    
      Old December 27th, 2012 (1:50 PM).
      thescourgex2's Avatar
      thescourgex2 thescourgex2 is offline
      Like a sir!
         
        Join Date: Apr 2011
        Location: Canada
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 23

        I was wondering if there is any way to change the tm that a gym leader gives you in pokemon fire red?

        __________________


        Go Habs Go!

          #23404    
        Old December 27th, 2012 (2:00 PM).
        Gianlucca Gianlucca is offline
           
          Join Date: Dec 2012
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 1

          I'm trying to give pokemon fire red the same start as pokemon yellow (professor oak battles a pikachu, catch it and leads you to his lab) is it possible? if so, can you provide me some commented code/tut? Thanks.

            #23405    
          Old December 27th, 2012 (3:35 PM).
          Brane's Avatar
          Brane Brane is offline
          -
             
            Join Date: May 2011
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 372

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by thescourgex2 View Post
            I was wondering if there is any way to change the tm that a gym leader gives you in pokemon fire red?

            You'd just have to edit the gym battle script and alter the line which has the item code by swapping out the item number of the TM they currently give you to a different one. I don't have the list on me right now, but you'd probably be able to find it by searching through one of the larger scripting tutorials. Google can also be your best friend.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Gianlucca View Post
            I'm trying to give pokemon fire red the same start as pokemon yellow (professor oak battles a pikachu, catch it and leads you to his lab) is it possible? if so, can you provide me some commented code/tut? Thanks.

            As far as I know, I don't think there is a way to implement your own AI battle scene. You could edit the man with the Weedle and change that to a Pikachu through ASM, or you could swap Weedle and Pikachu's sprites and stats and essentially all their data in the Pokedex for an easier way. But no one is going to write you a code for this.

              #23406    
            Old December 28th, 2012 (8:36 AM).
            karatekid552's Avatar
            karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
            What happens if I push it?....
               
              Join Date: Nov 2012
              Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Bold
              Posts: 1,766

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jcool View Post
              3. Does anyone know how to stop the PC from healing your Pokemon when you deposit them?

              Thanks to anyone who can answer these.

              I don't know anything about the first two you posted, but I just learned that it would require some serious ASM hacking to do #3.

              From Bulbapedia:

              Quote:
              Location

              A Trainer's team starts at the following addresses in the GBA's RAM (for US games?):
              Ruby: 0x03004360
              Sapphire: 0x03004360
              Emerald: 0x02024190, 0x020244EC for US games
              FireRed: 0x02024284
              LeafGreen: 0x020241e4
              Additionally, a wild Pokémon or an opponent's Pokémon will begin at:
              Emerald: 0x02024744

              There are 6 Pokémon per team, so the whole team continues for 600 bytes afterward.
              This structure is used to save data on Pokémon stored in the player's team. The structure for Pokémon saved in the PC stops after the data field, making it only 80 bytes long.
              This explains why Pokémon injured by status ailment will cure themselves when put in the PC. It also applies to stats and level, which are recalculated based on Experience.
              Thus, there are also 33600 (14*30*80) bytes stored somewhere else in the GBA's RAM to save data on Pokémon in the PC.
              When the GBA's saved state (including memory contents) are unzipped into a 740,000+ byte file and viewed, the 14 Boxes of 420 Pokémon are stored in the general region of $038000 $040000.

              This just shows that the reason why your Pokémon heal is due to fact that the game just doesn't save those values for Pokémon in your PC.

              In order to have it work like in Red where the Pokémon in you box would not heal upon deposit, you would have to completely change the way the game saves. I just started learning ASM and such so I can't help you any more.

              Good luck on you other ones though!

                #23407    
              Old December 28th, 2012 (9:06 AM).
              sab's Avatar
              sab sab is offline
              Now too much of a life.
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2008
                Location: Midgar
                Age: 21
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Timid
                Posts: 995

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jcool View Post
                1. Does anyone know how to change the text that is displayed once you've captured a pokemon and if it's going to be sent to a PC? I don't know the exact text it says, but can you change the text that says something like "Your party is full! Pokemon was sent to Box number here in your PC instead."

                2. Does anyone know how to change the events that happen if you black out?

                3. Does anyone know how to stop the PC from healing your Pokemon when you deposit them?

                Thanks to anyone who can answer these.

                For number 1 you could use thingy and do some searching.[Link]

                I don't know about number 2, but you could try to look into it with VBA-SDL-H. Very complicated though. You'd basically need to set a bunch of break points and trace things back through the rom.

                Number 3 could would require (as stated above) a good amount asm.
                You could fake it however by copying those hundred or so bytes into an unused part of the ram and then copying them back out.

                __________________

                  #23408    
                Old December 28th, 2012 (10:19 AM).
                Andrut's Avatar
                Andrut Andrut is offline
                Collecting dust since 1898
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2009
                  Location: Warsaw, Poland
                  Age: 19
                  Posts: 286

                  Does anyone have a list of ACTUAL cry pointers for Gen. III Pokémon in Fire Red, the ones that would play correctly in the ROM when given to another species?
                  The pointers that are in the Pokémon Game Editor and Cry Pointer Repointer play different cries, for example when I give Pidgeot Wurmple's cry it plays as Carvanha's.

                    #23409    
                  Old December 28th, 2012 (11:08 AM).
                  Slike's Avatar
                  Slike Slike is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2011
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 49

                    How does one edit trainer and item sprites in Emerald? The plug-ins for NSE don't support Emerald, so I'm at a loss on how to put some sprites into the game.

                      #23410    
                    Old December 28th, 2012 (12:34 PM).
                    Eveveelution's Avatar
                    Eveveelution Eveveelution is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2012
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 2

                      Hi I was wondering what software would I use to edit the intro to the game like where it says fire red, and there is a charizard.

                      Also how do you edit the script of a trainer after you finish the battle.

                        #23411    
                      Old December 28th, 2012 (12:44 PM).
                      sab's Avatar
                      sab sab is offline
                      Now too much of a life.
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                        Location: Midgar
                        Age: 21
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Timid
                        Posts: 995

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Slike View Post
                        How does one edit trainer and item sprites in Emerald? The plug-ins for NSE don't support Emerald, so I'm at a loss on how to put some sprites into the game.

                        Use (U)NLZ-GBA. It's pretty much a universal tool that can find almost any image.

                        __________________

                          #23412    
                        Old December 28th, 2012 (5:17 PM).
                        shinyabsol1's Avatar
                        shinyabsol1 shinyabsol1 is offline
                        Pokemon DarkJasper!?
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2010
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Calm
                          Posts: 330

                          I have a question about how surf works. In all of the GBA Pokemon games, once you have surf you can simply press 'A' on a surf-able tile and it asks you if you want to or not. However, on my ROM (FR), this does not happen.

                          There is nothing wrong with surf itself, I can still make it work by using it from the Pokemon menu, and as far as I can tell, all of the behavior byte settings I have are also correct. So did I miss something else necessary for this to work, or does JPAN's hacked engine (which I am using) have something to do with this problem? Those are the only two things I can think of that might be wrong.

                          Any help would be appreciated.

                            #23413    
                          Old December 28th, 2012 (7:41 PM).
                          karatekid552's Avatar
                          karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                          What happens if I push it?....
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2012
                            Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Bold
                            Posts: 1,766

                            I am working on a set of ASM routines that will be able to check what species your lead Pokemon is. I'm pretty new to it, so I need a little help. I dissected the Pokemon data and found how to unencrypt it, with the help of Bulbapedia, but I need a way to find the modular 24 of a reverse dword (the PID).

                            Let's say my Pokemon's PID is written out in the RAM as 23 45 67 34. I need a way to find the modular 18 (the 24 needs to be in hexadecimal) of 34 67 45 23 while starting out with 23 45 67 34.

                            So, I basically want to load the original PID into r0, reverse it, find the modular 18, and then write that to LASTRESULT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

                            edit: I've seen in different places the command "bswap". Would this work?

                              #23414    
                            Old December 28th, 2012 (7:49 PM).
                            Darthatron's Avatar
                            Darthatron Darthatron is offline
                            巨大なトロール。
                            • Silver Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2006
                            Location: Melbourne, Australia
                            Age: 25
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Modest
                            Posts: 1,152

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                            I am working on a set of ASM routines that will be able to check what species your lead Pokemon is. I'm pretty new to it, so I need a little help. I dissected the Pokemon data and found how to unencrypt it, with the help of Bulbapedia, but I need a way to find the modular 24 of a reverse dword (the PID).

                            Let's say my Pokemon's PID is written out in the RAM as 23 45 67 34. I need a way to find the modular 18 (the 24 needs to be in hexadecimal) of 34 67 45 23 while starting out with 23 45 67 34.

                            So, I basically want to load the original PID into r0, reverse it, find the modular 18, and then write that to LASTRESULT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

                            edit: I've seen in different places the command "bswap". Would this work?

                            There are functions you can call in the game which do all these tedious things for you. Which game are you hacking?

                            __________________

                            あなた は しきしゃ です
                            わたし は ばか です

                              #23415    
                            Old December 28th, 2012 (10:49 PM).
                            annikaprue's Avatar
                            annikaprue annikaprue is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2012
                              Location: Verdanturf Town, Hoenn
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Lonely
                              Posts: 7

                              I'm a beginner on hacking here, and I've been searching for a solution everywhere for my Advance Mart, PokeTronic, A-Tack problem. I've downloaded like four or three of each from different websites and links and it still says I'm missing or having an invalid file. I found out that Windows7 isn't compatible with some hacking tools, but is there a way I can fix this? Advance Map worked fine for me and so did some others, yet I can't continue hacking until this problem has a solution. If there's no possible way out of this, I can just use another computer, but I can't do that until I find out that this dead end is really a dead end. Thanks.

                                #23416    
                              Old December 28th, 2012 (10:54 PM).
                              TM87's Avatar
                              TM87 TM87 is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Dec 2012
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 1

                                I'm having issues connecting soul silver to wifi any suggestions

                                  #23417    
                                Old December 29th, 2012 (1:18 AM).
                                Jambo51's Avatar
                                Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                                Glory To Arstotzka
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2009
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Quiet
                                  Posts: 732

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
                                  I have a question about how surf works. In all of the GBA Pokemon games, once you have surf you can simply press 'A' on a surf-able tile and it asks you if you want to or not. However, on my ROM (FR), this does not happen.

                                  There is nothing wrong with surf itself, I can still make it work by using it from the Pokemon menu, and as far as I can tell, all of the behavior byte settings I have are also correct. So did I miss something else necessary for this to work, or does JPAN's hacked engine (which I am using) have something to do with this problem? Those are the only two things I can think of that might be wrong.

                                  Any help would be appreciated.

                                  JPAN's hacked engine disables all behaviour byte ASM/scripts. You need to manually re-add the necessary scripts or ASM.

                                  __________________

                                  Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!

                                    #23418    
                                  Old December 29th, 2012 (7:17 AM). Edited December 29th, 2012 by karatekid552.
                                  karatekid552's Avatar
                                  karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                  What happens if I push it?....
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                                    Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Bold
                                    Posts: 1,766

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
                                    I'm having issues connecting soul silver to wifi any suggestions

                                    You do realize this is a Rom hacking simple question thread, right? So, next time, try a different thread, but I guess everyone does deserve an answer. If you're on an original DS, I've found that only basic WEP security works. If you're on a newer DS, I can't help you. If your on an emulator, which makes sense as Rom Hacking is a category of emulation, I don't believe there is a way to connect to wifi, not yet at least. I've been seeing different GBA servers and such, but none for DS.

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
                                    There are functions you can call in the game which do all these tedious things for you. Which game are you hacking?

                                    The way I was planning on doing it, it could be ported to any game just by changing the offsets. However, I had first wanted to implement it into Ruby.

                                      #23419    
                                    Old December 29th, 2012 (3:00 PM).
                                    tajaros's Avatar
                                    tajaros tajaros is offline
                                    Hi I'm dawg
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2012
                                      Location: Philippines
                                      Age: 18
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Timid
                                      Posts: 857

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
                                      I have a question about how surf works. In all of the GBA Pokemon games, once you have surf you can simply press 'A' on a surf-able tile and it asks you if you want to or not. However, on my ROM (FR), this does not happen.

                                      There is nothing wrong with surf itself, I can still make it work by using it from the Pokemon menu, and as far as I can tell, all of the behavior byte settings I have are also correct. So did I miss something else necessary for this to work, or does JPAN's hacked engine (which I am using) have something to do with this problem? Those are the only two things I can think of that might be wrong.

                                      Any help would be appreciated.

                                      Maybe those are script in behavior bytes... :/ Maybe this could help; http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=211598 ;)

                                      __________________

                                        #23420    
                                      Old December 29th, 2012 (3:42 PM).
                                      shinyabsol1's Avatar
                                      shinyabsol1 shinyabsol1 is offline
                                      Pokemon DarkJasper!?
                                         
                                        Join Date: Aug 2010
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Calm
                                        Posts: 330

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Jambo51
                                        JPAN's hacked engine disables all behaviour byte ASM/scripts. You need to manually re-add the necessary scripts or ASM.

                                        I suspected that this might be the case. Adding the surf script back in wasn't hard, but there is one annoying thing. If you click on a water tile with the re-inserted surf script, but DON'T have a pokemon with surf in your party, it still makes the clicking noise. Is there a way to stop this?

                                        Thanks.

                                          #23421    
                                        Old December 30th, 2012 (3:41 PM).
                                        Herpahermaderp's Avatar
                                        Herpahermaderp Herpahermaderp is offline
                                        I liek Mudkipz
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jul 2012
                                          Location: USA
                                          Age: 19
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Relaxed
                                          Posts: 66

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Eveveelution View Post
                                          Hi I was wondering what software would I use to edit the intro to the game like where it says fire red, and there is a charizard.

                                          Also how do you edit the script of a trainer after you finish the battle.

                                          You use unLZ, there are plenty tutorials on how to change the Charizard in the Tutorials section.

                                          __________________

                                          Y: Roak || 1177-8023-4387

                                            #23422    
                                          Old December 30th, 2012 (8:54 PM).
                                          Rain Dancer's Avatar
                                          Rain Dancer Rain Dancer is offline
                                          Wanderer
                                             
                                            Join Date: Dec 2012
                                            Location: Norway
                                            Age: 26
                                            Gender: Female
                                            Nature: Calm
                                            Posts: 52

                                            I've been all day at this one..

                                            Anyone know how to edit RLCN pallete files form a pokemon BW/B2W2 rom? It's just a few color lines out of the 256 colors that it has. Some colors are supposed to stay as they are.

                                            Some programs just screw with the color order. Others, like Console tool 3.0, can't seem to save the edits, even though they display well.. And I don't think I have the time to go hex and surf through all those 256 colors.

                                            And my second question.. I want to change some textures and palletes in BMD0 3D files from BW. Any program out there that can do this?

                                            That's all.. x)

                                              #23423    
                                            Old December 31st, 2012 (7:52 AM).
                                            BlueOverRed BlueOverRed is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Dec 2012
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 2

                                              Hello everyone. I'm recently interested in just one aspect of editing a Pokemon Blue ROM. Ever since I was a kid I thought that the character sprite for Blue (Gary, your Rival, etc.) was always a lot cooler than Red (your default character). I would like to know if it is possible for me to swap these characters' sprites so that I can play the game as the sprite of Blue and my rival will be the sprite of Red?

                                              I hope I explained what I am looking to do well enough. Your time is appreciated. Any details would be helpful as I am new to ROM hacking.

                                                #23424    
                                              Old December 31st, 2012 (8:12 AM).
                                              miksy91's Avatar
                                              miksy91 miksy91 is offline
                                              Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Oct 2008
                                                Location: A small country in the North
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Relaxed
                                                Posts: 1,435

                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by BlueOverRed View Post
                                                Hello everyone. I'm recently interested in just one aspect of editing a Pokemon Blue ROM. Ever since I was a kid I thought that the character sprite for Blue (Gary, your Rival, etc.) was always a lot cooler than Red (your default character). I would like to know if it is possible for me to swap these characters' sprites so that I can play the game as the sprite of Blue and my rival will be the sprite of Red?

                                                I hope I explained what I am looking to do well enough. Your time is appreciated. Any details would be helpful as I am new to ROM hacking.

                                                If you're not looking for correcting the sprites shown during battle, you can achieve this simply by using a tile layer editor, for example Tile Layer Pro.

                                                Open the rom file with Tile Layer Pro, scroll down all the data until you run into the standing/walking sprites and replace those two with each other. If you're just going to play it yourself and not sharing the hack, I guess you don't have to worry about not having a right bicycle sprite. If you want to do something about the bicycle sprite as well, you're going to have to "re-write" it with Tile Layer Pro there.

                                                __________________

                                                My Rom Hack

                                                Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
                                                CP of encountered pokemon in GO

                                                Learn how to hack GB/C games:

                                                Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
                                                -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations

                                                  #23425    
                                                Old December 31st, 2012 (8:32 AM).
                                                BlueOverRed BlueOverRed is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Dec 2012
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 2

                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
                                                  If you're not looking for correcting the sprites shown during battle, you can achieve this simply by using a tile layer editor, for example Tile Layer Pro.

                                                  Open the rom file with Tile Layer Pro, scroll down all the data until you run into the standing/walking sprites and replace those two with each other. If you're just going to play it yourself and not sharing the hack, I guess you don't have to worry about not having a right bicycle sprite. If you want to do something about the bicycle sprite as well, you're going to have to "re-write" it with Tile Layer Pro there.

                                                  Thank you very much! I really do appreciate this. I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to find out how to swap the sprites, but had no luck until now. Thanks again!

                                                  Closed Thread
                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:26 PM.