• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If only I could take that back...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Have you ever said anything to someone, perhaps after losing your temper, that you see tears their feelings into a million pieces, effectively causing you to wish you could take back what you said as soon as you say it, but know that you cannot?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I wished I hadn't told my best friend about previously being a "cutter". That was the first time I've ever seen her so upset. So calm, but obviously was not happy with me. But everything is cool now- she actually is more affectionate for some reason -so I guess it's fine that I told her.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I think our mistakes sort of make up who we are and I've never anything so bad I wish I'd taken it back.
"Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien" xD

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i have never said anything bad when im angry i just shout loudly i don't say anything bad xD

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Far more often than I should, I say things to people that end up hurting their feelings. I think I notice when I do it fairly quickly though, and I can't stand to not resolve any problems that I've created. For that reason, there are very few things that I've said that I wish I could take back.

It sounds silly and melodramatic, but the only things that I would take back are the things that I can't fix. Everything else is kind of like a learning experience.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I can honestly say that this has never happened to me. I've lost my temper but even in a fit of rage I could never say something to somebody that's so bad it would make them cry. I'm always hyper aware of other people's feelings, even when I've lost it.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I used to have more of a temper a long time ago, but after just kinda breaking a sandbag I decided that I really needed to learn to control it...
I never really get angry any more, but on rare occasions i'll get into this weird cold hearted state of mind. :l

But to answer the question at hand no I don't. Cruel things are always said at one time or another, I try to learn what I can from them, and then treat it as it is - history.

Years
I will occasionally lose my temper and say things I dont mean. I would take them back because I didnt mean them and I never intend to hurt others.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I tend to say the worst things at the worst time.. but what's bad is that a lot of the time, there is some truth to what I say so I don't think I could take it back wholly. I've never purposely said anything to try and make someone cry, though. I guess I just usually just end up voicing my pent up frustration, however, I don't think I've ever regretted anything I've ever actually said.. we work it out in the end because that's what people who care about each other do.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I'm one of these people that when I say something wrong, that I cannot repair the damage. There's always gonna be feelings broken and other things, and not once has anything worked out better. It's like setting fire to something, with me.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Kind of. I've said something that I needed to get across but needed to embrace them getting really upset afterwards. However, both occasions where this happened I was able to repair them the same day they happened.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Hm. I didn't say it directly to them; I wrote it in my diary, which was soon discovered. I regretted having a diary, ever since that day. I wish I could take back what I did -- what I wrote.

I even made a teacher cry.

Back