• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Pokémon Black/White] Emulation Help Thread

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2013
Hello there this is my first emulation so bear with me here.

I've tried opening my White Version emulation with both DeSuME 0.9.6 and 0.9.8 and I just get the audio from the intro screen but no video. I can interact with the menus but I obviously can't play it.

Any ideas? :\

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hello there this is my first emulation so bear with me here.

I've tried opening my White Version emulation with both DeSuME 0.9.6 and 0.9.8 and I just get the audio from the intro screen but no video. I can interact with the menus but I obviously can't play it.

Any ideas? :\
There might be something wrong with the ROM you downloaded.
You should try more of them.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Hello everyone, i'm having problems playing Pokemon White on my emulator. I'm using No$GBA 2.6, and the game itself runs fine with all the action replay codes. (Also, i got Pokemon White from CoolRoms)

The real problem I'm having is the well known "Fight-Button Glitch"; in which every 3 battles the fight button completely disappears and there's no way to battle or run away from the battle. I know others have had this problem in the past, and I was able to get through most of the game by restarting until I made it to the Dragonspiral Tower and had to fight 3 Team Plasma Grunts in a row. I cannot get past this point because the "Fight" button disappears after 3 consecutive battles, making impossible to get further into the game.

I've had this problem for months and could not find a way to fix this problem. I also have DeSuMe 0.9.8 as well, but would really prefer to finish the game on No$GBA 2.6. Has anyone found away to fix/patch the Fight-Button bug? It would be much appreciated if I could find a real solution that would patch it once and for all.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I've been saying that playing anything beyond HG/SS is impossible on No$GBA... :/
Or better said, it's extremely buggy... I'm affraid that if that bug appeared, it won't disappear anyhow...
Playing on DeSmuME works much better with no AR codes and no bugs.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I've been saying that playing anything beyond HG/SS is impossible on No$GBA... :/
Or better said, it's extremely buggy... I'm affraid that if that bug appeared, it won't disappear anyhow...
Playing on DeSmuME works much better with no AR codes and no bugs.

Not at all! I can easily play BW on No$Gba and BW2 on No$Zoomer with same speed as HGSS without any bugs.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
Hi im a big noob here and need serious help im playing pokemon black on the emulator no$gba and it works fine until i beat the first gym leader. everytime i beat him the game freezes on a black screen, can i get some help?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi im a big noob here and need serious help im playing pokemon black on the emulator no$gba and it works fine until i beat the first gym leader. everytime i beat him the game freezes on a black screen, can i get some help?
Play on DeSmuME.
Playing on No$ is sometimes impossible and if by some miracle starts working, it's likely to bug sometimes.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I have graphical problem while I'm fighting double or triple battles with trainers. The selection screen of moves gets crazy. When i check some move and I will choose another move, the frame from the first one won't disapear, it will still be. It happens only during double or triple battles. Here is the image of it:
hxxp://oi47.tinypic.com/1253r0i.jpg
hxxp=http
I think it shouldn't happen. When I was playing that play, exactly the same rom of pokemon White, it didn't happen, I am sure, but now something broke (maybe because I'm using new Desmume? When I was playing pokemon some time before, I was using older version of Desmume). How to repair it?

P.S. I tried to download new rom of Pokemon W, but it also happens. I broke something in settings of desmume. What could it be?

Hi, new to emulators and this site, so bear with me. I'm having the same problem Jacusiek had, and as far as I can tell, there were no fixes offered. Any suggestions? As he said, the previous frames don't go away during double/triple battles (in the menu screen).

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi, new to emulators and this site, so bear with me. I'm having the same problem Jacusiek had, and as far as I can tell, there were no fixes offered. Any suggestions? As he said, the previous frames don't go away during double/triple battles (in the menu screen).
That's normal. It's not something game breaking... it's just because of different concept of single and multiple battles...
DeSmuME may not process the multiples correctly =)

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2013
Could anyone tell me where to find a working emulator for ds games on ios? I want to play Pokemon White on my Ipod 5th gen, but coolrom's emulator isn't working. Whenever I open it, it either closes out or when I touch the rom it closes out. It isn't jailbroken, if you could help me, that would be great.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Could anyone tell me where to find a working emulator for ds games on ios? I want to play Pokemon White on my Ipod 5th gen, but coolrom's emulator isn't working. Whenever I open it, it either closes out or when I touch the rom it closes out. It isn't jailbroken, if you could help me, that would be great.
I have no experience of Apple OSs (nor I want o.O) but can't your IPod emulate DeSmuME somehow?
DS emulation is pretty high hardware dependent so not every hardware can handle it and only DeSmuME can emulate DS games reasonably well.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
Ok, what options do i have for emulating Gen 4 and Gen 5 pokemon games on my computer and is there anything that i need to know?

I asked on another forum and they told me that theres no DS emulators so im asking here instead.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ok, what options do i have for emulating Gen 4 and Gen 5 pokemon games on my computer and is there anything that i need to know?

I asked on another forum and they told me that theres no DS emulators so im asking here instead.
DeSmuME 0.9.9 JIT for best experience or 0.9.7 special build if you need Wi-Fi.
If someone said that there's no DS emulator, they must be stuck 13 years in past.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
DeSmuME 0.9.9 JIT for best experience or 0.9.7 special build if you need Wi-Fi.
If someone said that there's no DS emulator, they must be stuck 13 years in past.

Can i battle other people online with an emulator?

That would be very cool.

Back