• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • A reminder that our new forum software has 2FA! It can be accessed by clicking your username and then "Password and security" from the menu. We strongly suggest not reusing passwords for your online accounts and enabling 2FA if possible.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

1st Gen Mew or Mewtwo?

Mew or Mewtwo?

• Mew

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021

Which of these two do you prefer Mew or Mewtwo? I like themboth myself but if I had to pick one over the other I would have to say Mewbecause at the time it was capable of learning every move that existed duringthese games.

Yukari

I'd have to go with mewtwo it has better stats even though mew could lean every move

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I prefer Mew for his Morphing capacity and the ability to learn a lot of moves. I consider Mew as the best pokemon in the 1st gen.

Pinta77

I'd go with Mew. Much wider move pool, and a lot rarer.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
When I was a child I kind of loved Mewtwo and thought it was the strongest Pokemon ever. At that point, I didn't know about Mew's existence. When I heard about Mew I was amazed, it sounded like a very rare Pokemon and hard to get. I think I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to catch it. Eventually, I gave up and I didn't find out the glitch that allowed you to catch Mew in Red/Blue till a few years later. When I caught Mew I wasn't as excited as I was the first time I caught Mewtwo (maybe because I was a child and I thought a 7-level Mew was weaker than a 70-level Mewtwo? I don't really know).

Though I like Mew more than Mewtwo right now, I'll go with Mewtwo because it meant a lot to me more than Mew.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'll go with Mew! It's small, pink, and adorable. And it learns every TM and such and that's awesome to me, considering I love Pokemon with crazy movesets. Fly is fun for a Mew. Mewtwo is awesome too, but Mew had so much mystery around it back in the RBY days, especially since not many of us knew the cheat to get it in the game without attending an event.

Master Xemnas

Seeker of Light
Years
Mew because it's cute ,it's the Original, not a copy ,it's surrounded by mystery, it can learn every TM , and it's extremely rare, more than Mewtwo.

Years
Mew!! It just so cute! Mewtwo seemed to serious and angry to me. He is kind of intimidating... D: But Mew is mischievous and charming!

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I love Mewtwo's story and I have a movecrush on Psystrike. That attack is sick!

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
At first, Mew was my favorite. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was when I got Mew from the event on my LeafGreen. But after I watched the movies with Mewtwo, I started to like it more, and it's just really cool.

Years
Based on both the first gen games and overall, I prefer Mewtwo over Mew. Mewtwo is a lot more powerful and easier to access, plus I never had the patience to try and do the Mew glitch.

The only thing that got me really excited about Mew when I was younger were the rumors about it hiding under the truck by the SS Anne. When I found out they weren't true, I just became disinterested in it and moved on.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I would love Mew, besides looking cute, it also looks like it wouldn't mind being petted or groomed, or sit on someones lap. Mewtwo looks like he wouldn't enjoy it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
Mew for its cuteness factor and the ability to use Transform besides Ditto.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
A few years ago, I'd have went with Mew since it was rare, but now that Mew has had a Wi-Fi event in 2010 + available from Pokémon Ranch, I'll go vote for Mewtwo because its stats are simply better.

Mew just always seemed so much better even though mewtwo has better stats he just looks like a clone.

Idk, might be because he is?

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Mew because it's the original. It was also the first pokemon to be registered, and this match up with it's myth.

Also, mewtwo can have better stats, but mew is a much more versatile pokemon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I would go with Mewtwo in terms of looks and stats, but I would go with Mew in terms of in-game because you can get it easily via glitch and have plenty of things to do with it, unlike Mewtwo, who can't do crud because you've pretty much finished the entire game.

Back