Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #376    
Old December 27th, 2012 (12:09 AM).
4thGenAce:D's Avatar
4thGenAce:D 4thGenAce:D is offline
I don't live by my name...
     
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Location: Philippines
    Age: 19
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 166
    @DJG: Not even just Toxic in Beta 1? Oww maaan. Can't run tankish Umbreon yet. D:
    But fine by me! Nice update! More power!

    Relevant Advertising!

      #377    
    Old December 27th, 2012 (9:05 AM).
    Correspondence Correspondence is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2012
      Posts: 895
      It seems that if you decide to name your starter given by Joseph the game makes you name Eevee and you still have it later.So i don't think thats fixed yet.

      I've only reached the first few towns but that is the only glitch i encountered till now.
      __________________
        #378    
      Old December 27th, 2012 (11:51 PM).
      XeroNos's Avatar
      XeroNos XeroNos is offline
         
        Join Date: Jan 2011
        Location: Finding new Challenges !!
        Age: 27
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 3,015
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
        It seems that if you decide to name your starter given by Joseph the game makes you name Eevee and you still have it later.So i don't think thats fixed yet.

        I've only reached the first few towns but that is the only glitch i encountered till now.
        I never find out how that Item can be retrieved which I reported earlier in previous pages. Can you help?
          #379    
        Old December 27th, 2012 (11:59 PM).
        Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
        Memento Mori
        • Gold Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2008
        Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 14,479
        Tsch... DJG, cutting Flamethrower's power?! How could do this to us :/
        __________________
        ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

        Anime List | PSN Trophy List
          #380    
        Old December 28th, 2012 (12:12 AM). Edited December 28th, 2012 by Correspondence.
        Correspondence Correspondence is offline
           
          Join Date: Jun 2012
          Posts: 895
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
          I never find out how that Item can be retrieved which I reported earlier in previous pages. Can you help?
          There is a way to that spot from the town to your right.

          And yeah, why cut Flamethrower's power?

          EDIT: Okay...I just entered Twinkle town's PC and was warped to Vulcan town.

          Has this happened to anyone else?I might have the wrong ROM or something.
          __________________
            #381    
          Old December 28th, 2012 (1:23 AM).
          4thGenAce:D's Avatar
          4thGenAce:D 4thGenAce:D is offline
          I don't live by my name...
             
            Join Date: Aug 2012
            Location: Philippines
            Age: 19
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 166
            Um, isn't Vulcan Town the one with the volcano event? That's past the present beta. HAHA.
            Oh, yeah, why cut Flamethrower's power? That's plain sad. :/
              #382    
            Old December 28th, 2012 (4:27 AM). Edited December 28th, 2012 by destinedjagold.
            destinedjagold's Avatar
            destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
            Oh Hai Thar~
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: May 2007
            Location: Philippines
            Age: 26
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Careful
            Posts: 8,507
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
            It seems that if you decide to name your starter given by Joseph the game makes you name Eevee and you still have it later.So i don't think thats fixed yet.
            How many times have I re-scripted, investigated, and tested that event, and still it's bugged? x,x
            Ugh...

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
            Tsch... DJG, cutting Flamethrower's power?! How could do this to us :/
            I don't really remember why I did that, though I seem to recall seeing its base power like that on the newer PKMN games.
            *checks serebii*
            You know what? Never mind. I'll change it back. *whistles*

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
            Okay...I just entered Twinkle town's PC and was warped to Vulcan town.
            Has this happened to anyone else?I might have the wrong ROM or something.
            I must have forgotten to change the warp back when I was testing Vulcan Town.
            I'll fix it then.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by 4thGenAce:D View Post
            Um, isn't Vulcan Town the one with the volcano event? That's past the present beta. HAHA.
            Yeah, it is. The events there aren't done yet though...


            ---------

            UPDATE
            SendSpace | MediaFire

            I have uploaded a fixed version of the beta.
            Here's the change log~
            Spoiler:
            POKéMON SkyLine Beta 1.2 (Fixed) Information
            ----------
            POKéMON Changes...
            - Fire-type PKMN (legendaries excluded) can now learn Flamethrower at a higher level.


            ----------
            POKéMON SkyLine Beta 1.1 (Fixed) Information
            ----------
            POKéMON Changes...
            - Flamethrower's base power has been changed back to 95 from 55.
            - The Pokémon Center's warp in Twinkle Town has been fixed.
            __________________


            FC: 0061-1111-6462
            TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

              #383    
            Old December 28th, 2012 (6:52 AM).
            Seth Rollins's Avatar
            Seth Rollins Seth Rollins is offline
            Holding on to You |-/
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Dec 2012
            Location: Nah
            Age: 16
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 2,493
            Hmm...a level 10 bug? Strange. Hey, DJG, will you add those "You chose ending". You know, like in LoG, you choose bad, normal or good side.
            __________________

            The Underground
            Come and play mafia with us! You are always welcome.
              #384    
            Old December 28th, 2012 (5:52 PM).
            FranzBlack FranzBlack is offline
               
              Join Date: Nov 2012
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 1
              Hi Jagold!

              I have a little problem, when I got out of Mount Starlight and cut down the tree in Spring Woods, Jorex comes up and wants to battle me.
              When the battle sequence starts my screen gets all black.

              Do you know anything I can do?

              Thanks for your hack dude!
                #385    
              Old December 28th, 2012 (11:17 PM).
              XeroNos's Avatar
              XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2011
                Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                Age: 27
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Brave
                Posts: 3,015
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
                There is a way to that spot from the town to your right.

                And yeah, why cut Flamethrower's power?

                EDIT: Okay...I just entered Twinkle town's PC and was warped to Vulcan town.

                Has this happened to anyone else?I might have the wrong ROM or something.
                Can you show me with a screenshot or something. I have searched that naughty path for about an hour or so but still I am unsuccessful
                  #386    
                Old December 28th, 2012 (11:42 PM).
                destinedjagold's Avatar
                destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
                Oh Hai Thar~
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: May 2007
                Location: Philippines
                Age: 26
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Careful
                Posts: 8,507
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red View Post
                Hmm...a level 10 bug? Strange. Hey, DJG, will you add those "You chose ending". You know, like in LoG, you choose bad, normal or good side.
                The reason why I restarted the hack was for me to avoid that level 10 bug, since I have no idea how to fix that.
                Also, different endings, I am not sure. The game is still quite in its early stages though.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by FranzBlack View Post
                Hi Jagold!

                I have a little problem, when I got out of Mount Starlight and cut down the tree in Spring Woods, Jorex comes up and wants to battle me.
                When the battle sequence starts my screen gets all black.

                Do you know anything I can do?

                Thanks for your hack dude!
                I haven't encountered that problem, but I'll do some investigation.
                Thanks.
                __________________


                FC: 0061-1111-6462
                TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

                  #387    
                Old December 29th, 2012 (8:37 AM).
                Correspondence Correspondence is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2012
                  Posts: 895
                  Another glitch : The first time you battle Cal, if you walk on the right side of the path you will end up battling"Hex Maniac Kindra".Also when you exit the house in the middle of Comet Town you end exiting the PC.
                  __________________
                    #388    
                  Old December 29th, 2012 (8:51 AM).
                  Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                  Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                  Memento Mori
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2008
                  Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 14,479
                  *huge sigh*
                  Good... FTH is back in business :D
                  Anyways, DJG, 10 level bug isn't present anymore I hope? =)
                  __________________
                  ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                  Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                    #389    
                  Old December 29th, 2012 (9:16 AM).
                  destinedjagold's Avatar
                  destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
                  Oh Hai Thar~
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: May 2007
                  Location: Philippines
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Careful
                  Posts: 8,507
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                  Anyways, DJG, 10 level bug isn't present anymore I hope? =)
                  I sure hope so.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
                  Another glitch : The first time you battle Cal, if you walk on the right side of the path you will end up battling"Hex Maniac Kindra".Also when you exit the house in the middle of Comet Town you end exiting the PC.
                  Thanks for that. I'll fix them soon.
                  __________________


                  FC: 0061-1111-6462
                  TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

                    #390    
                  Old December 29th, 2012 (10:05 AM).
                  Seth Rollins's Avatar
                  Seth Rollins Seth Rollins is offline
                  Holding on to You |-/
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2012
                  Location: Nah
                  Age: 16
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 2,493
                  DJG, a question...when you meet Gold in the beach where the ship game is, you can't surf, It's a bug or It's normal?
                  __________________

                  The Underground
                  Come and play mafia with us! You are always welcome.
                    #391    
                  Old December 30th, 2012 (4:57 PM).
                  destinedjagold's Avatar
                  destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
                  Oh Hai Thar~
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: May 2007
                  Location: Philippines
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Careful
                  Posts: 8,507
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red View Post
                  DJG, a question...when you meet Gold in the beach where the ship game is, you can't surf, It's a bug or It's normal?
                  That is intentional, because the surfing routes aren't done yet.
                  __________________


                  FC: 0061-1111-6462
                  TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

                    #392    
                  Old December 31st, 2012 (8:18 PM).
                  4thGenAce:D's Avatar
                  4thGenAce:D 4thGenAce:D is offline
                  I don't live by my name...
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2012
                    Location: Philippines
                    Age: 19
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Jolly
                    Posts: 166
                    @DJG: I have a suggestion, could you include something like a world tournament something, with all the great trainers of previuos games included. Or the academy thing in LoG. That was nice. :D

                    Oh, and will the story continue until Kanto? Just asking.
                    __________________
                    I'm a proud Filipino! XD Playing Pokemon since 4 (I started with Pokemon Yellow)


                    Finished playing more than 45+ hacked and official Pokemon games altogether. :D
                    I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*


                    "I don't live by my name, but at least I can exceed your expectations. "

                    I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

                    Follow me on Twitter: @WhatevaBlahBlah
                    Add me as a friend on Facebook: [email protected]
                      #393    
                    Old December 31st, 2012 (11:44 PM).
                    XeroNos's Avatar
                    XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2011
                      Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                      Age: 27
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Brave
                      Posts: 3,015
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by 4thGenAce:D View Post
                      @DJG: I have a suggestion, could you include something like a world tournament something, with all the great trainers of previuos games included. Or the academy thing in LoG. That was nice. :D

                      Oh, and will the story continue until Kanto? Just asking.
                      Well basically as he said this hack is all different from LoG story he might not add the similar thing in Skyline. But like that World tournament which is quite becoming popular in PokeWorld, he might add that in future. You never know
                        #394    
                      Old January 1st, 2013 (2:00 AM). Edited January 1st, 2013 by 4thGenAce:D.
                      4thGenAce:D's Avatar
                      4thGenAce:D 4thGenAce:D is offline
                      I don't live by my name...
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2012
                        Location: Philippines
                        Age: 19
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 166
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                        Well basically as he said this hack is all different from LoG story he might not add the similar thing in Skyline. But like that World tournament which is quite becoming popular in PokeWorld, he might add that in future. You never know
                        Well, the story in the academy thing from LoG could be made totally different from the story in SkyLine if ever he does add it. :D I just wanna see my main character learning something even me myself don't know. HAHA. And it could include some information that most beginner trainers don't know, like, breeding lessons and EV training perhaps?

                        BTW, I can't believe I misspelled previous with "previuos". *sigh*

                        @DJG: I downloaded your last update. Beta 1.2. I tried to patch the .ips file, and when I loaded it with VBA, it loads the Base Ruby Rom. The same goes with the .ups file.

                        Needing help. XD

                        EDIT: My bad. It's the SkyLine game. XD But my, DJG haven't you changed the titlescreen as well the intro yet?
                        __________________
                        I'm a proud Filipino! XD Playing Pokemon since 4 (I started with Pokemon Yellow)


                        Finished playing more than 45+ hacked and official Pokemon games altogether. :D
                        I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*


                        "I don't live by my name, but at least I can exceed your expectations. "

                        I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

                        Follow me on Twitter: @WhatevaBlahBlah
                        Add me as a friend on Facebook: [email protected]
                          #395    
                        Old January 1st, 2013 (7:45 AM).
                        Ashor's Avatar
                        Ashor Ashor is offline
                        Devil Summoner
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2009
                          Location: Look up...
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 9
                          Some bugs I found
                          One of the houses in Comet town warps me to the Gym when I leave it.
                          Also when I go into the house on the bottom right of Twinkle Town and leave it I warp to Pasifidlog(sp?) Town. From there I can go to the PokeCenter and warp back to Twinkle Town but if I got through the house on the top left I end up at the house in Route 1
                            #396    
                          Old January 2nd, 2013 (3:09 AM).
                          destinedjagold's Avatar
                          destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
                          Oh Hai Thar~
                          • Silver Tier
                           
                          Join Date: May 2007
                          Location: Philippines
                          Age: 26
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Careful
                          Posts: 8,507
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Ashor View Post
                          Some bugs I found
                          One of the houses in Comet town warps me to the Gym when I leave it.
                          Also when I go into the house on the bottom right of Twinkle Town and leave it I warp to Pasifidlog(sp?) Town. From there I can go to the PokeCenter and warp back to Twinkle Town but if I got through the house on the top left I end up at the house in Route 1
                          Thank you. I have fixed them now.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by 4thGenAce:D View Post
                          But my, DJG haven't you changed the titlescreen as well the intro yet?
                          I am not planning on changing the title screen yet, not until I'll figure out of a proper way to insert it.
                          As for the intro, I'll be changing it once I figure out why Advance Text isn't functioning properly with my PC.
                          __________________


                          FC: 0061-1111-6462
                          TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

                            #397    
                          Old January 3rd, 2013 (12:14 AM).
                          XeroNos's Avatar
                          XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2011
                            Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                            Age: 27
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Brave
                            Posts: 3,015
                            So DjG what is the basic idea of yours to put something unique in this hack apart from the story line?
                              #398    
                            Old January 3rd, 2013 (12:46 AM).
                            Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                            Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                            Memento Mori
                            • Gold Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2008
                            Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Calm
                            Posts: 14,479
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                            So DjG what is the basic idea of yours to put something unique in this hack apart from the story line?
                            Isn't the fact that DJG's making non-Ruby Destiny hack unique enough?
                            __________________
                            ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                            Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                              #399    
                            Old January 3rd, 2013 (5:26 AM).
                            Sum Sum is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2012
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 13
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by FranzBlack View Post
                              Hi Jagold!

                              I have a little problem, when I got out of Mount Starlight and cut down the tree in Spring Woods, Jorex comes up and wants to battle me.
                              When the battle sequence starts my screen gets all black.

                              Do you know anything I can do?

                              Thanks for your hack dude!
                              I have encountered the same.
                                #400    
                              Old January 3rd, 2013 (11:50 PM).
                              XeroNos's Avatar
                              XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2011
                                Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                Age: 27
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Brave
                                Posts: 3,015
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                                Isn't the fact that DJG's making non-Ruby Destiny hack unique enough?
                                Haa haa haa yeah that is unique for a hacker like DjG. I was just asking his ideas about Skyline :D
                                Closed Thread
                                Quick Reply

                                Sponsored Links
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:42 AM.