• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[OU] What if this Pokemon had that ability or move?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I caved, given that there was interest on the server and in the thread for it and since I just made the other one I thought "why not?"

ONLY FOR OVERUSED POKEMON (click for the OU Pokemon list!)

So basically we all wish certain Pokemon had certain moves or abilities to make them more viable in the tier they're used in. Sometimes it's an unreleased Dream World ability, while other times it's wishful thinking for a move tutor to bring in a future generation, or just... wishing for a fourth ability.

This thread is where you can discuss that - someone mentions a Pokemon, with a new move and/or ability (nothing too strange for that Pokemon, ofc, like Ferrothorn learning Superpower or Skarmory learning Fire BLAST) and everyone else replies to that and discusses it as to how it'd fit into the tier. This one is just for OU though, so keep in mind while you can discuss UU Pokemon that the Pokemon in question would stop, the Pokemon you're altering the abilities or moves of has to be an OU one and you should primarily be discussing things it'd check/counter in OU. :)

Note: you could just mention what if Rotom-W had Water Absorb, for example, without needing an extra move, and vice versa! Just reply to what I brought up and if discussion slows for a while, bring up another Pokemon.

Y'all can come up with the first discussion point as I know little of OU. Gogogo discuss.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Spiritomb with wonderguard :) now imagine what will happen :P

This is only for OU Pokemon, unfortunately. Spiritomb is RU and does not fall into that category. You can suggest something else from OverUsed if you want for discussion, though!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Starmie seriously needs Calm Mind. I don't see any logic behind it not being able to learn it.

Agreed. I also think if it got Regenerator as its DW ability rather than Natural Cure, it can have a bit of flexibility between restoring HP or curing status after leaving battle. It's a sea star, after all, and they're known to regenerate their limbs if they're torn off.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Starmie seriously needs Calm Mind. I don't see any logic behind it not being able to learn it.

Agreed. I also think if it got Regenerator as its DW ability rather than Natural Cure, it can have a bit of flexibility between restoring HP or curing status after leaving battle. It's a sea star, after all, and they're known to regenerate their limbs if they're torn off.

Calm Mind would kind of put it closer to Latios really, which'd be somewhat annoying and make Starmie a lot more powerful knowing its speed because Latios lacks Surf STAB + BoltBeam on every set. CM and Regenerator would make it too strong imo, and would make it easy to take out so many things lol.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
So what would happen if Garchomp got Dragon Dance? It would pretty hard to revenge kill, wouldn't it? I don't think it would get banned or anything, but you'd have to run a scarfed Latios (or other thing with strong Ice/Dragon type moves with base 102+ speed) or a Mamoswine.

Years
Aside from Starmie, Dragon Dance Chomp would be a killer, lol. Nasty Plot Gengar? Or Cursed Body Gengar, oooo.

I'm not too sure. A lot of OU Pokes could use a wider movepool, actually, I just can't really think of any.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
What if Jolteon had Focus Blast and Grass Knot on its movepool (assuming that they also expand to the rest of the Eeveelutions)?

Back