• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nvidia unveils Project Shield console

Years
_65106138_shield1.jpg

Today, information was given on Nvidia's plans to produce their own hand-held console. Full article can be found here.

So, what do you guys think, what do you expect from a console that Nvidia stated took 5 years to develop? Is this a complete surprise to you?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I seen Quad Core and got excited. I'm extremely interested and looking forward to seeing who releases games on this. The power alone is enough to make me want it.

Years
"It is also designed to link to PCs offering access to more powerful games such as those on the Steam library."

Wow, I mean looking at the controller, I don't see why there would be a problem with playing games that have been released on PC, Xbox and PS3, since it has the capabilities to.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I'm sort of not surprised, really. When I noticed that Nvidia was making the Tegra processors I had somewhat of a hunch that they'd come to the mobile gaming market truly eventually. This has the potential... if it has a reasonable price.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I wonder what kind of games they will release on it.
I'm not really hyped about it, because I don't think I'm going to buy it :P
But I'm just curious to see what are it's features.

Years
Zet, though, I don't think they would scrap something that took 5 years to develop. It does look pretty promising, the specs and features that it's said to have. I'm not doubting this, if enough people start to realize that Nvidia are working on this console and it is sold around the world in markets, I think it could become a success. As long as the games that are playable are Xbox, PS3, PC games and not DS games, then I think it has a good shot.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
It has the portability of the DS, but enough power to play PC titles, neato. I'm definitely interested in buying this product then if the price is right. :p I have enough electronics to drop on my face while lying around in bed. >:o

Years
nvidia_project_shield-open-front.png

Borderlands 2! I hope this is an insight to the sort of games we will see. Most likely games from the Steam Library and I have seen a fair few images which show a library of games on the console. I am really hyped to know more about this, because it looks like something I would purchase. It's like a portable, hand-held version of an Xbox with all the right capabilities, too!

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
However, it will have to convince consumers that they need a dedicated portable gaming console in addition to their other computing devices.

Hahaha the way this is written... it's true, this device is incredibly redundant for the price range it's likely to hit.
As an aside: I do hope the screen can be oriented parallel to the controls.

Years
However, it will have to convince consumers that they need a dedicated portable gaming console in addition to their other computing devices.

Hahaha the way this is written... it's true, this device is incredibly redundant for the price range it's likely to hit.
As an aside: I do hope the screen can be oriented parallel to the controls.
I think the screen will be able to be shifted. It would be a very stupid design if you couldn't, just have a feel of holding your DS with the screen 90 degrees from the controls, incredibly weird. I don't see the actual product not being able to have it's screen shifted since it's a very obvious dilemma and I'm sure testers would recognize the problem.

Back