• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Hero and Heroine Name Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
What do you think should be the name of Hero and Heroine? I think that it should be Jacky for the Hero and Jaline for the Heroine.

Years
nintendo always finds new ways to astound me with names. what annoys me is that im certain that for the manga version, they're gonna be named X and Y. though I'll probably stick with what i've done with BW, and choose the female character and name her whatever is the romanji of her japanese name is.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
My best guess would probably be Xaiver for the male character and Yasmin for the female one. You know, because the games are X & Y and the characters have there names start with either X or Y. ha ha.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe Frances and Francesca given that it looks like it's in France maaybee.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Ah Yuoaman, you are great.

I personally was going to say Xavier and Yasmin as they were also the first things that come to mind, but then Hilbert was randomly unrelated to Black or White, unless I've missed something. It could still be anything.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I'd love them to be given London street market names. 'arry and Barbara spring to mind.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm thinking Aubrey would be a nice name for the girl. She kind of looks like an Aubrey to me.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
The guy will definitely be named "Hilbert 2.0", obviously. (?)

Their names will be something like "Xuai" (guy) and "Yeks" (girl) ... Ok, they're pretty bad .-.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
If we're going with the -supposed- French origin of the region,it wouldn't strange for the main character to be named Yves, though it's not a name that I'd use during gameplay. Or Yvonne, Yvette, Yvon...
With an X, Xavier(e)...
Idk... I just hope that whatever names they pick, are going to be nice.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
The guy will definitely be named "Hilbert 2.0", obviously. (?)

Their names will be something like "Xuai" (guy) and "Yeks" (girl) ... Ok, they're pretty bad .-.
Hilberto seems like a befitting name. Though I would argue that even Hilbert's design was better than his, so his name shouldn't be more interesting than Hilbert. Maybe Bert!

Years
Yoko and Kamina Bad joke time's over. What if they're called Lana and Link? Okay, Nintendo already has a Link, but that was the first thing that came to mind. after Yoko

Xander or Xavier sounds like a decent name for the X boy. Yvonne? Yvette? Can't figure out a good Y girl name.

And Z will come around and the rival will be Zack, calling it here.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Egoraptor and Jontron.

But seriously I really can't think of any names right now. Even though it seems to be set in France I don't think they will have French names, at least in the Japanese version (BW/B2W2 were set in New York but the protagonists' Japanese names were Touya, Touko, Kyouhei, and Mei, all Japanese).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Xavier and Yulia, obviously. ;) Well, that's my guess anyway. Watch them have names that don't even have an X or a Y in them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back