• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
The only kind of Pokémon I'm truly craving for is a panda. And not a stupid looking one like Spinda. One that actually resembles a panda.

I'm also crossing my fingers that the rest of the Pokémon designs are much better than Gen V.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I would love a male counterpart to Lilligant and have Petilil become 50/50 male to female ratio. Yes. I'm serious.

I like the OP's idea of an Ice/Flying owl! I love owls, and I'd like to see a new owl Pokemon, regardless of type. :)

And idk about y'all, but I'm ready for anything to be Fire/Ice, Fire/Electric, Fire/Water, and Fire/Grass. I don't think we'll get all of that, but at least one would be amazing.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
This is the picture i think you're referring to:
Spoiler:

It looks like Golurk, a trainer, and Palpitoad with one other character I can't quite make out. Maybe they're just waiting to reveal more Pokemon to us.
Fairly sure the one on Golurk's arm is an Eevee!

Since there's already rumour of a new Eeveelution in the upcoming movieshort, that'll be interesting. Fighting would be interesting. Though so would pretty much any type.

Years
This is the picture i think you're referring to:
Spoiler:

It looks like Golurk, a trainer, and Palpitoad with one other character I can't quite make out. Maybe they're just waiting to reveal more Pokemon to us.

Yea thats a better screen than the e i saw earlier. I can definately see the palpitoad.
I hope its not a gym leader statue.Who uses a golurk and palpitoad... that would point torwards a lack of new ground pokemon...maybe?
Eh..
Thats my favorite part, when the new pokemon arrive.
Well gotta get ready for work. Gah ima be spaceddd outt all day long.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Here's what I'd like to see Pokemon of:
Pegasus
Gryphon
Giant panda
Red panda (I know that Spinda is supposed to be a panda but I want one that actually looks like a panda)
Narwhal
Another type of dog (Either shiba inu, schnauzer or chihuahua as long as it's not dark, normal or fire)
Gargoyle (I won't be surprised if there'll be one since the region appears to be based on France)
A dragon/fire type that's not legendary (I don't mind if it's pseudo)
Triceratops
T-rex
Lemur

Years
A elephant (Donphan evo?) I mean like a big, scary elephant, AKA Mamoswine-esque

A more traditional Orca and Dolphin Pokemon, maybe even together in one evolution line. OP's Owl Pokemon would be cool too, maybe a Noctowl evolution?

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I just want to see some more Water types. We've had two generations in a row now with a notable lack of simple, straightforward, useful Waters.

Paralleling that, I really don't need to see more Darks, Ghosts and Fighters. A handful to round out the dex is fine and to be expected, but the last two gens were so heavy on them that I'm just sort of tired of them.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I just want to see some more Water types. We've had two generations in a row now with a notable lack of simple, straightforward, useful Waters.

Paralleling that, I really don't need to see more Darks, Ghosts and Fighters. A handful to round out the dex is fine and to be expected, but the last two gens were so heavy on them that I'm just sort of tired of them.

You do realize that fans were complaining about how there's too many Water types out of all the 17 types and Ghost having the least number of Pokemon? There needs to be an equal number from other types.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
There has been a massive amount of stuff about Eevee lately. So I am saying at least 1 Eeveelution. I am also hoping they give a pre evo for Miltank and Tarus.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I'm gonna need the Poison type to be combined with some unexpected types. Poison/Fire (Komodo Dragon) and Poison/Electric (Radiation Monster)... ugh. I need them.

Years
I want a Bug/Psychic one. A bookworm, a space bug, a magic caterpillar. Whatever!

Red panda (I know that Spinda is supposed to be a panda but I want one that actually looks like a panda)
Yes. Please. I really want to see another red panda. Spinda doesn't really look like one so there's no trouble coming up with a design that's more red panda looking. I wouldn't care what type it was or anything. Just give me.

Years
I'm hoping that at least some new evolutions will be introduced. While I loved the amount of completely new Pokemon introduced in 5th Gen, I didn't realise how much I missed new evolutions of older Pokemon.

If I'm honest, I haven't really considered WHAT Pokemon would evolve. I guess another Eevee evolution or two wouldn't go astray :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
I want those legendary pokemon to be tri-typed pokemon :) Fire-Flying-Dragon for Y Ice-Ground-Psychic/Dark for X ?????? Something like that would be pretty wicked

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, as I've previously stated they need to balance out the typing, having an over abundance of Water Pokemon with a small number of Ghost types seems disproportional.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
A Cub Fire-type, that evolves into a Juvenile Lion, and then a big Lion that can learn something like Close Combat, except Fire-type. That would make my day.

Also, a KANGAROO Pokemon. That would be awesome, a Joey evolves into a Kangaroo. It will likely be a Normal-type, or perhaps a Flying type. Call me weird, but Kangaroo's can jump high. They could make this Pokemon jump 10,000 feet or something.

Can I guess the Legendary Typing? If not, remove this part. I think the Dragon-bird thing will have a fire element to it, because of the way the Pokemon Y logo looks. Possibly Dragon or Flying as well. And for the Stag, Ice/Grass. I think that would be an Awesome type, for an average looking Pokemon.

At least Pokemon are beginning to look like Pokemon again.

Years
What about a Fire/Water type? It would probably be overpowered, but I think that would be awesome!

Also, please another Eeveelution, maybe Steel or Dragon type?

Years
A more traditional Orca and Dolphin Pokemon, maybe even together in one evolution line. OP's Owl Pokemon would be cool too, maybe a Noctowl evolution?

I agree. I think a snow owl would be awesome! I've thought of so many ideas for one and it'd look so cool. Noctowl desparately needs the help too, being a mediocre Pokemon. Unfortunately, in the competitive areas, the snow owl would be thrown away b/c stealth rock ): But, I still think the snow owl must come out.

I also had an idea of a horse pokemon based off the idea of "Horsedrive" from cars that's part electric w/ motr drive ability. No, not like a Zebstrika remake, but like a really cool horse (maybe part fire).

I think we are also kind of lacking in the ghost department. So, I think this generation shuld give way to a few more of them.

Lastly, I'm looking fr a Mightyena evolution. It would automatically make that line one of my favorites. Unfortunately, chances are slim, but any good dark type would be appreciated (since that's my favorite type).

Years
I would like a kangaskhan evo or male kangaskhans lol.
the dog shiba inu looking one would be cool and have it evolve into a chow chow looking or akita looking
panda is always a good idea
Im wanting a new type of poke like a light(dark opposite) poke

but seriously this is super exciting to me. i have to sell one of my ds's and save a lil money to get a 3ds xl

blue

gucci
Years
I think the first Generation Pokemon should be left untouched, they're fine as they are and altering their line in any way would probably lower their standards.

Back