• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen So, spoilers!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Since Pokemon XY is going to be released worldwide on the same date, I won't have to worry about avoiding spoilers from people who already have the game months before the U.S., which plenty of surprised Pokemon who weren't covered in articles for the next 10 months.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i'll learn whatever i can from nintendo, i'm staying as far away from other spoilers as i can.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I'm not sure.

I really like learning the information as it comes out, but I was on top of all of the leaks of information that was released pre-Gen V that maybe that was part of the reason that the game was pretty lackluster for me.

Years
Before now I made half-hearted attempts to avoid spoilers. For B2W2, I managed all right, until the ROMs were leaked and people started uploading videos to YouTube. Since it's going to be a worldwide release this time, however, I won't need to worry about that, and so I'll probably have a gawk now and again as Nintendo/GameFreak release information. Corocoro scans and so on.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I never avoid spoilers.
I won't be able to stop myself so why try. x]

Years
Being a moderator on a Pokemon forum, it will be hard to avoid spoilers, though I'll probably keep busy enough offline for me to not really absorb many spoilers before the release of the games.

I won't actively be seeking out or actively avoiding spoilers.

TheCollector

Merely a collector
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2014
I won't be able to control myself. I'll check out the XY-forum several times/day in search of new information.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm fine with spoilers as long as they're not too detailed, for example I'm happy to know the Gym Leader types but I would want their teams to be a surprise.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I stayed far away from the Pokemon side of the internet starting from B2W2's Japanese release until I had beaten the game, and I was so happy I did. Now, it will be even easier, since the games will be coming out at the same time! All I need to do is avoid the internet until after I beat the game, since anything that is revealed via official sources is fair game to me.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Being a moderator on a Pokemon forum, it will be hard to avoid spoilers, though I'll probably keep busy enough offline for me to not really absorb many spoilers before the release of the games.
This for me as well. I can't exactly hide away from PC enough to avoid any spoilers (though I did pretty well for B2/W2 enough that I knew nothing about those games). Though it's not like I'll have the time to actively search for information, so I'll just absorb whatever I can get from wherever I have the time for.

And I know my friends on Twitter will be talking all about the information.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
Years
Spoilers have never really ruined an experience for me. The more I learn, the more excited I get, really.

I won't be actively seeking out spoilers, but if I run across them I'll be more than happy to absorb the information.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2013
To avoid spoilers, I avoid anything Pokemon ever. I only look at the catchable Pokemon in the new game, to think about my first team. Usually, though, my team sucks the first time...

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 4, 2019
I won't be able to resist checking out all the new Pokemon. The few Pokemon we've seen so far look awesome!

As for story plot well, even I do spoil that for myself, Pokemon hasn't been known to make a suspenseful, deep, and engaging plot lines. =P Other than that I hope to at least contain myself from looking at the regional cities.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
I LOVED (sorry, love....present tense) Ruby/Sapphire as I was about eight and didn't read spoilers or anything like that, I enjoyed Diamond/Pearl seen as I heard very little about it, HeartGold/Soulsilver was great because somehow I didnt realize they existed 'till the July after they were released, but i disliked B/W for the reason i knew everything possible about them, so I shall be giving up Pokecommunity between September and October so I don't see spoilers

Years
Huh, I thought I already replied to this thread!

Anyway, I want to try to avoid spoilers this time... even though I now I inevitably won't be able to. However, I know that almost all of the spoilers come from japan having the games released there first, so they most likely won't have enough details about the games to spoil it for me/do anything other than increase the hype for the games and my excitement, so I should be good! :D

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I would want to know every bit of information of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y by the time they're released. I don't mind spoilers, in fact... I like them. :3

'Cause I'll enjoy these games no matter what, they're so amazing that I'd just want to keep playing, even if I already know about what's going to happen next. xD

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Since October 2013 is the international release, which is more of a shocker, I will spoil myself like I did with BW and B2W2... :3

Years
Nope, Im going to learn all the game info I can! That's part of the fun for me and what's unique about Gen 6 for me is that it's the very first that I will keep up with it from the very point of announcement to game release. I dont want to miss a single minute.

Back