• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I think Jynx, Farfetch'd, Rapidash, Noctowl, Chimecho, Kecleon, Corsola, Pachirisu, Emolga, Basculin, and Cherrim need evolutions.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
I suddenly thought of Qwilfish.
Lots of Pokemon need some evolutions xD
More split-evolution lines are something I would like to see

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
New evos and pre-evos

Do you think Pokemon X and Y will introduce new evolutions and pre-evolutions of Pokemon from older generations? I have several theories. In the 5th gen, Throh and Sawk are related like Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee. The new games may introduce a pre-evo to both along with a balanced new evo that is more balanced, like Tyrouge and Hitmontop. Also, what if the three monkeys have a common pre-evo? Even from generations past. Plusle and Minun would seem like they would have a common pre-evo as would Volbeat and Illumise. Then there are new evolutions. Electabuzz and Magmar got new evos in Generation IV but Jynx and Mr. Mime did not. There are even tons of Pokemon in the last five generations which were either awesome alone and need an evolution to make them awesome or horrible Pokemon which could have an awesome evolution. What are your opinions?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Here's what I hoping for cross-gen evolutions for previous Pokemon:

Pre-evo: Audino, Heatmor, Skarmory, and Druddigon

Evo: Swoobat, Corsola, Sableye, Mawile, Torkoal, Eevee (inevitable), Jynx, Chimecho, Dugtrio, Durant, and Bannette

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Here are a few of what I think-
Pre-evos-Throh and Sawk(common),monkeys(common), Druddigon, Sigilyph, Volbeat & Illumise(common), Qwilfish, Plusle & Minun(common)
Evos-Eeevee(inevitable), Jynx, Mr. Mime, Dunsparce, Luvdisc, Audino,

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think baby Pokemon like Happiny and Pichu are cute, but just unnecessary. So I am hoping for no new pre-evos. As for new evolutions, wasn't there a thread in Pokemon General about a new Eeveelution possibility? I'm excited to see if that will be in place.

And continuing where we left off in gen V...Luvdisc needs to evolve. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Here's what I hoping for cross-gen evolutions for previous Pokemon:

Pre-evo: Audino, Heatmor, Skarmory, and Druddigon

Evo: Swoobat, Corsola, Sableye, Mawile, Torkoal, Eevee (inevitable), Jynx, Chimecho, Dugtrio, Durant, and Bannette
Nooo Audino is perfect how it is ;__; well I wouldn't like an evo. Baby skarm might be in NU, that'd be awesome.

Here are a few of what I think-
Pre-evos-Throh and Sawk(common),monkeys(common), Druddigon, Sigilyph, Volbeat & Illumise(common), Qwilfish, Plusle & Minun(common)
Evos-Eeevee(inevitable), Jynx, Mr. Mime, Dunsparce, Luvdisc, Audino,

I can't imagine Sawk and throh with a pre-evo I really would rather if they remained stand alone ;;

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Evolutions I want:
New Eeveelution - Preferably dragon.
Dunsparce
Audino - It would be like the new Blissey.
Stunfisk - Never liked that Pokemon, but an evolution might make it more decent.
Rapidash - Not that it needs one, I just always wanted to see a pegasus based Pokemon and it would look cooler if it was a fire type.
Farfetch'd
Spinda
Chatot
Emolga
Pachirisu

Pre evolutions I want:
Sneasel
Heracross
Druddigon
Skarmory

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Jynx should totally have an evolution. She could be like a princess or queen or something! c:
Heracross would be kinda cool to evolve, or maybe Durant and Heatmor. c:
Eeveelution- ...eh, maybe. If anything I'd like a rock, ground, and steel type ones.

Years
Please give a Crobat-like evolution for Swoobat. I love that line, but it's so frail and frustrating to use.

Lots of branching evolutions would be great. I would love to see lines that we already think of as complete have new ones added to them, like Gallade does on the Ralts line.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I want these things in Gen VI:
-Pre-evos of Lapras, Tropius, Absol and Skarmory
-Evolved forms of Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, Pachirisu and Delibird

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Haha, I would love to see a Dragon and Steel type Eeveelution. I can't wait to see all the starters last evolutions !!!

And for pre-evos I think Skarmory and Heracross need one.

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
Tropius, Farfetch'd, and Torkoal evos, as well as some more alternate evos should be in Gen VI

#GENVI <--don't know why I put that

gotta get used to typing VI now, lol :)

Years
I saw a picture of one of the screen shots and someone on another forum pointed out a pre-evolved Pinsir statue, unless they were mistaken.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Definitely more eeveelutions. Please, more than just one. I really wanna see a Poison type, Flying type and Ghost type.
As for other pokémon, Swalot for increased bulk! Ditto would definitely be a shock. Audino would be nice too :P I can picture a baby Audino, but not an evolution.
Not sure what else but there will likely be new evolutions.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
Years
As a few others have stated, I would really like to see something be done to fix the issue with Kangaskhan. Considering the "baby" Kangaskhan doesn't even look the same, I'd like to see it separated with it's own name and see it evolve either once or twice to become Kangaskhan. If that makes sense.

I'm always down for more Eeveelutions.

I think it would be interesting if they made an alternative evolution for Feebas. Like maybe raising another condition (like coolness, cuteness, whatever... ) could turn it into a different pokemon. Or it could just have a pokemon it evolves into without any influence from condition.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
There's always room for Eeveelutions, but other than that it doesn't matter to me. I'd be happy to see what they come up with for prevos or evos, but I'd also like it if they just start fresh like they did in G5. I'm easy to please lol XD

Back