• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Yeah, change is good. I think that would be great idea, but I get the feeling that they're going to use the generic Professor idea.
Maybe they will change up the whole professor giving the Pokemon idea up, like say the player has been anticipating getting their new Pokemon for ages, much like Ash in the anime. You wake up on the day you get your starter, only to find the lab is in chaos! Aids are frantically running outside and you come running in and see the professor standing by a broken window. The Pokemon took a run for it! The professor is distraught and takes the player and the rival to the lab's Pokemon reservation area. The professor hands both of you a Pokeball. You see Pokemon tracks going in several directions. Now time to choose, will you go look for the water Pokemon by the pond area? the grass in the wooded area? or the fire by the mountain area? This leads to you catching the starter you chose to chase down. Woot. :D

Sorry, I get carried away sometimes haha.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Maybe they will change up the whole professor giving the Pokemon idea up, like say the player has been anticipating getting their new Pokemon for ages, much like Ash in the anime. You wake up on the day you get your starter, only to find the lab is in chaos! Aids are frantically running outside and you come running in and see the professor standing by a broken window. The Pokemon took a run for it! The professor is distraught and takes the player and the rival to the lab's Pokemon reservation area. The professor hands both of you a Pokeball. You see Pokemon tracks going in several directions. Now time to choose, will you go look for the water Pokemon by the pond area? the grass in the wooded area? or the fire by the mountain area? This leads to you catching the starter you chose to chase down. Woot. :D

Sorry, I get carried away sometimes haha.
I'm not going to lie, that's a really impressive idea.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I'm not going to lie, that's a really impressive idea.
Thank you :) I think it'd be pretty neat.

They would have to put one in so that the new people that are playing the game would learn how to use the controls and learn about how the game works.
Heck, people that started on Red/Blue didn't get tutorials. If anything they can put that screen in like on FireRed/LeafGreen that explains the controls a bit and whatnot. That way you only have to press A like twice haha.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Apparently, Bianca is going to make a appearance in X/Y.

Spoiler:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
That would be so... awkward lol. I like Cedar or Pine. Evergreen has a nice ring to it too, but it's a bit long. What if there is no professor..... O.O
"Alright, class, this is your last day here, as you know. However, you all get to choose a Pokémon, and this will be your turn to get into the world and show everyone just what you're made of!"

Your rival is in your class. And picks the starter strong to yours. As usual.

There is no reason why it couldn't be optional though. Game Freak knows a lot of old fans will buy it.
Because that involves more programming that takes other code out, possibly eliminating a feature. Though a Yes/No prompt should do the trick, but yeah...

Apparently, Bianca is going to make a appearance in X/Y.

Spoiler:
...no comment.

Cyclone

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Chespin´s Evolution line:
Spoiler:

As for the Professor, what about Alpine? Pine doesn´t sound too good.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Alpine sounds nice! More for a female than male imo though. idk why. It just sounds more feminine.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah I like that. But seems more appropriate for a snowy area, rather than where these games appear to be set tbh. :(

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Generation VII - set in Alaska. Meet Professor Alpine!

(Yeah, right.)

Cyclone

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I thought it would be cool, combing the two ideas above together. Your Mum or someone close could give you your Pokemon, but there could be a professor and when you encounter him/her and they go to give you a Pokemon you could say you've already got one or something like that.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I thought it would be cool, combing the two ideas above together. Your Mum or someone close could give you your Pokemon, but there could be a professor and when you encounter him/her and they go to give you a Pokemon you could say you've already got one or something like that.

Now that... is an idea that I really like. And it would make it very interesting too. :)

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

The start of the game could begin with you graduating from school, and after waking up from graduation from Pokemon School, your Mum could congratulate you with a Pokemon, you would be able to choose of course. So you go to show your rival/friend or whatever, and he/she exclaims how he/she wished she had a Pokemon, they were top of the class and he/she was one of the only students that doesn't have one. The Professor could overhear while walking past, and would be surprised that their top student didn't have one and decides to give them one as a gift.

Then,you and all your classmates head off on route one together, to start your epic journey. That would be awesome.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Now that would be a great storyline to Pokémon X and Y. Something that sounds rather familiar with the story of Pokémon Ranger Shadows of Almia. Those games had that kind of storyline to it, but either way... it would be great to have in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back