• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen No RNG Abuse in X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
You mean RNG abusers will have to *GASP* play the game like it was meant to be played!?

THE HELL YOU SAY?! Dear Arceus, say it ain't so!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I suck at RNG'ing as is, so I don't mind this too much. However, I know there are a lot of people out there who enjoy doing it, so more than likely someone'll find a way to make it work eventually.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
It wouldn't affect me and some of my friends much. Most of us (including myself) have little experience on the top of RNG. I read an article and guide about RNG last year but forgot everything I read.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I haven't RNG'd yet but eventually I would like to know how, I actually think this might be good for gen 6! People might move from being interested in the inner stats of Pokemon and maybe the Pokemon themselves, or maybe we'll just have to learn how to IV breed ;)

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I think most RNGers already know how to IV breed. We just prefer RNG as it has better results.
I do not look forward to IV breeding again. >w>

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
While you can still easily get flawless Pokemon through IV breeding, you're stuck with a basic PokeBall. I don't think I can use a Pokemon if its ball doesn't match its sprite colors. Favorable Hidden Power spreads on new pokemon will also be a hot commodity.

GAME FREAK IF YOURE READING THIS ALLOW US TO CHANGE A POKEMONS BALL IN GEN 6, THXXXX.

Years
I dont care about RNG. I'm glad that RNG abused will be stop for a while for 3ds. I have a lot, well and legit breed pokemon with a range of 3-5 stats with perfect IV's. I got it mostly based on luck while breeding the pokemon I want. I took pride in breeding my pokemon. I could use them to chain breed pokemon in Gen 6.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Huh, weird. I'm certain I RNG'd B/W on a 3DS... but then, I'm guessing that's because they're DS games? Idk how this stuff works haha. Also, do we know that there definitely won't ever be RNG abuse just because we don't have it yet?

Anyway, predictable response here: I think the people who did RNG abuse will miss it but I doubt it'd stop anyone from buying the game. Anyone determined enough to get what they'd get via RNG will do it manually or, failing that, via AR. As for me - I used to RNG abuse but not so much now. I won't miss it since I've no real use for it any more.

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
It would take years(probably 4)to make something like that.
Ever since I've started BW I've never RNG'd my pokemon,
because I wanted to enjoy the game.
Then I started all the games that I used cheats,Pokesav,Pokegen etc.,to enjoy them.
So..I don't really want any RNG abuse for this gen.

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Without RNG, Shinies are more precious!
Now i have to save up to buy 3DS T.T

Psiiionic

RNG please ^-^
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 12, 2017
Yeah I will play the story but before I RNGed I did IV breed with power items so that should not be too much hassle but I would like to see RNG unless they mess it up like Leafgreen where RNG only is possible on emulator.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I don't RNG, so this doesn't really affect me at all. I'm sue that RNG breeders will be dissapointed though.

Victini

I used to abuse the RNG in Pokemon Platinum, but I haven't done it since then.

So I think that the fact there isn't any way to do it in this generation (for a while, at least), is fine. It doesn't really make or break my experience.~

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2013
I just wrote a really long post that wasn't posted because I'm new and I linked to Metal Kid's IV calc, so I'll just summarise:

Based on the assumptions that the breeding mechanics remain unchanged from BW2, you can transfer over a good a father, you use power items and everstone effectively, your chances of breeding: (all "around" as it's dependent on whether you're going for hidden ability, normal, or whether it's irrelevant. The figures quoted are if you're going for a normal ability out of a choice of 2, using the fact the female has an 80% of passing her ability down)

A pokemon with 2 desirable IVs, good nature and ability are around 1/25
A pokemon with 3 desirable IVs, good nature and ability are around 1/100
A pokemon with a desirable hidden power type and power, good nature and ability - around 1/1600 - based on getting 70 power, desirable type, good nature and ability, also assumes you chose the parents well. people will have to compromise on this I think, settling for a power of 60+ will bring the chances down to less than 1/160 for example (cba with detailed probability calculations here)
Legendary pokes - lol, forget about shinies with optimal IVs for a certain hidden power type. Be prepared to compromise a lot on IVs and (if you need it) hidden power power.

The only people it will really effect are VGC players tbh. For casual playthroughs it doesn't matter, and competitive people outside of VGC can either hack or use simulators. Shiny hunters be prepared to SR.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Sorry to break this on you, but threads over a month old are considered dead here. Best to start a new thread instead, and let the old one rest in peace. That being said, I'm gonna put the lock on this one here so no one else revives it again.

[ Locked ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back