• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Professor's Aides

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Remember back in Kanto when there was a bunch of Professor Oak's Aides standing around in locations waiting to give you useful items if you've met your capture quota?
I would like to see that mechanic come back for Generation VI as it actually made you capture different pokemon as opposed to just getting your team set up and romping through the game with your trusty repels.

Any thoughts?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'd like that too.
But a little more variety, perhaps?

Like you have the choice of three items each time.
But over time you'll end up getting the two you don't pick.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like to see the return of Aides, they could issue you with the Roller Skates once you reach a certain point in the game.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah, I'd like them to come back too~~

Maybe they can give items such as TMs, or cool new items such as egg charms (or whatever that item is called that increases the chance of a daycare egg)/

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It would be great to see the Professor's aids giving you items like a Potion, like they did in Gold, Silver and Crystal. And it surely would help along the way too, if you're ever getting into battles and such.

Maybe even the aids might give you 5 PokéBalls at the start of your adventure? That would be handy. :)

Guy

just a guy
Years
Aww, I miss those guys. They definitely added a slight challenge in that if you wanted the item they had for you, you'd have to at least put in some effort in retrieving them by filling up your PokéDex. I wouldn't mind seeing them make a return.

The items gradually becoming more important and useful as you go along would work just like how I believe it was done before.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't mind them coming back, but I don't want them to be important neither. Like just giving some items that would help you during your adventure but not important ones like Key Items or HMs. Because I rather train my Pokemon now and complete my Pokedex when I finish the main story line.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
This would be a pain for challenges, but I like this too. this would encourage trainers to actually catch Pokemon, you gotta catch 'em all. ;)

Back