• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
People are quick to act when new Pokemon are introduced. There are sooo many fanart on the new starters (especially Fennekin). I hope the final evolution of Fennekin doesn't look ugly, I would choose Froakie if that was the case. There are downloadable icons of Fennekin Firefox which replaces your default Mozilla Firefox symbol which is pretty neat.

Oh excellent! I think I might as well use this right away, it's sooooo adorable. x3

fennekin_firefox_logo__with_icon__by_s_vortex-d5qwwrr.png

Yep, I'm really going to replace my Firefox logo with this one. xD

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Wait i have a question. Why would someone pre-order the jap version of X and Y if it was a simutanious world wide release(aside from the extra events japan gets)

Platinum Lucario

Years
Wait i have a question. Why would someone pre-order the jap version of X and Y if it was a simutanious world wide release(aside from the extra events japan gets)

Well all we know is that they're releasing worldwide on October 2013, we haven't been given a date or anything. So we won't basically know when Pokémon X and Y will be released first in the US, Japan, Europe or Australia. It would be great if it was launched on the same day though. :P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I wonder, wouldn't be nice if Fennekin was the new mascot for Mozilla Firefox? xD

Yeah, I could imagine Fennekin being the Firefox on the globe logo. That would be fantastic. xD

Since nearly everyone (including me) is all about Fennekin at the moment. xD
While the image above looks nice, I can't see a not-for-profit that is behind Firefox paying Nintendo for rights to the fox Pokémon starter.

Though it would be wicked cool.

Cyclone

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
You also can't play the games on the 3DS unless you import one from Japan because the 3DS is region-locked, so even if the games were being released worldwide at different times like before it'd be pointless to pay double the money only to be unable to play the game (unless, like I said, you have a Japanese 3DS).

Platinum Lucario

Years
While the image above looks nice, I can't see a not-for-profit that is behind Firefox paying Nintendo for rights to the fox Pokémon starter.

Though it would be wicked cool.

Cyclone

Same here. But I guess that is why all of us fans create those things based off other characters and such. Like how Fennekin became a Firefox logo from fan art. x3

You also can't play the games on the 3DS unless you import one from Japan because the 3DS is region-locked, so even if the games were being released worldwide at different times like before it'd be pointless to pay double the money only to be unable to play the game (unless, like I said, you have a Japanese 3DS).

Yeah, which is why I never liked the region locking that Nintendo put on all of their consoles, 'cause this usually means some games that only get released in Japan can't be released elsewhere in the world. To be honest, I really wish region-locking never existed. :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Welp, Froakie is Water/Ice to me now.

e4Wy6.jpg

Platinum Lucario

Years
Welp, Froakie is Water/Ice to me now.

e4Wy6.jpg

That image surely does make it look like Froakie is a Water/Ice-type, especially how one polygon looks like a snowflake. It makes me think "Oh my, now Froakie is a Water/Ice-type". xD

But I think there is actually a bit of grass there that sticks through the polygon that makes it make it look like a snowflake. So now it returns to just a plain Water-type for now. xD

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Yeah, which is why I never liked the region locking that Nintendo put on all of their consoles, 'cause this usually means some games that only get released in Japan can't be released elsewhere in the world. To be honest, I really wish region-locking never existed. :P

The original two DSes aren't region-locked! (I forgot if the DSis were or not; never owned one.) And I think there's a way for people to mod the Wii so it can play imported games; I knew some people who were able to do so.

---

Can't most Water types learn Ice Beam (it looks like Ice Beam to me, ffffff) anyhow? XD

Platinum Lucario

Years
The original two DSes aren't region-locked! (I forgot if the DSis were or not; never owned one.) And I think there's a way for people to mod the Wii so it can play imported games; I knew some people who were able to do so.

---

Can't most Water types learn Ice Beam (it looks like Ice Beam to me, ffffff) anyhow? XD

Yeah, only the handheld systems from GameBoy to Nintendo DS were the ones that were region free, but the home consoles were always region locked.

I think Froakie might be using Ice Beam, but then again... when it hits Panseer, it really seems like a Water-type move. But yeah, I wonder if it's really Ice Beam or Water Gun? If it really was Ice Beam, it wouldn't have hurt Panseer so much. I always remember how in Pokémon Stadium that the Pokémon that got hit by a move that they would resist, they didn't use an animation for when they got hurt by an attack they would resist against. xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
That image surely does make it look like Froakie is a Water/Ice-type, especially how one polygon looks like a snowflake. It makes me think "Oh my, now Froakie is a Water/Ice-type". xD

But I think there is actually a bit of grass there that sticks through the polygon that makes it make it look like a snowflake. So now it returns to just a plain Water-type for now. xD

The grass is in the background. Also there are other snowflakes on there, one big one especially:

2D9GE.png

Although some Water-types learn Ice Beam naturally (I would assume they wouldn't display a TM move), 5 out of the 16 are pure Water and 2 of those evolve into Water/Ice which leaves 3. Sarcasm is pretty mocking you know. :/

Platinum Lucario

Years
The grass is in the background. Also there are other snowflakes on there, one big one especially:

2D9GE.png

Although some Water-types learn Ice Beam naturally (I would assume they wouldn't display a TM move), 5 out of the 16 are pure Water and 2 of those evolve into Water/Ice which leaves 3. Sarcasm is pretty mocking you know. :/

Hm... interesting, I think the snowflakes in the image do actually show some "Ice-type" attack going on, I kind of see it now that it's outlined a bit in the image. (I apologize, I didn't mean to be sarcastic in my previous post, I was a little unsure, hope you'll forgive me) ;)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh water/ice? That'd be nice to see in a starter, given that nothing else has taken that route, and from how it looks... the clouds could just represent cumulus and therefore represent rain/water, while in general its attacks represent ice!

Platinum Lucario

Years
Hm... speaking of cloud types... what if the clouds on Froakie were cirrus spissatus clouds? Those type of clouds produce ice crystals, so there could be a chance of Froakie (or at least it's later evolutions) being an Water/Ice-type, that would be so cool. :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm not sure, they seem to look a lot like cumulus clouds, being the rain ones. I mean I can't really see them properly right now but from the start I've assumed they were like cumulus clouds. idk I'd think ice-related clouds would be more pointy as opposed to soft :x

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
That would make Froakie the first starter with a super effective STAB vs the 2 other starters wouldn't it? Poor Chespin! I kinda hope Froakie isn't part Ice. :s

Then again, Fennekin looks like it could be part Psychic and Chespin looks like it could be part Ground, Rock or Dark so we could see a really interesting starter trio for once. :3

Platinum Lucario

Years
Hm... it makes me wonder if Fennekin becomes Fire/Fighting in it's evolutions? I hope it doesn't, but even if it does... I'd still adore it. x3

From what I've known, Fire/Fighting has been overused. And has been in every starter since Generation III. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I really doubt it will be, considering how we've seen its design thus far and the other two look like they're more likely to fight honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back