• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Legends have become less special because of too many being added in later games. I like the base of vaporeon's idea.

Years
Even though I liked Generation 4 and 5's legendaries, they introduced too many.

I do admit around 6-8 would be sufficient cos it's not too many.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I don't like legendaries all that much. We have X, Y, and possibly Z. Those are most likely.

But 3 is plenty. I prefer pokemon like Volcarona. When you first see it, you know it is special. You get the Challenge of catching it. But then, You can actually breed more of them.

You get all the specialness and challenge, plus the fun of breeding more. what is not to like.

I'd rather have more Snorlax, Sudowoodo, Valcarona then more legendaries.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
We'll probably have an exciting post-game but I don't think that's everything. There's still wifi stuff to do after the main story, or breeding, or stuff like that, I mean with B/W not EVERYONE was disappointed in a lack of a post-game so even if there isn't I'm sure we'll survive through :)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
We'll probably have an exciting post-game but I don't think that's everything. There's still wifi stuff to do after the main story, or breeding, or stuff like that, I mean with B/W not EVERYONE was disappointed in a lack of a post-game so even if there isn't I'm sure we'll survive through :)

I agree with Nica. I think there will be plenty of post game to keep us busy as well as stuff like breeding and Battle Tower things.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well there probably has to be:
- The two main legendaries
- Third legendary
- 100 in every stat cute legendary
- Legendary trio

That's at least 7. I think Hoenn had a good number tbh.

There doesn't HAVE to be a third legendary. 3/5 had yes, but each one is a different classification in their triangles. 2 are arguable to belong in said triangles due to status and relation. If Gen 6 is based on Genes and Genetics, then there is a chance there is no third as there are only 2 Chromosomes which are the supposed basis for the games. The Rainbow Helix is a pretty good show of it being based off of genetics rather than dimension.

Trio, Mirage, and Mascots are usually all we really need. So a minimum of 6 is all that has to appear this region. Anything else is bonus.

vaporeon7

Years
Let's look back a bit. In gen I there weren't many legendaries, but let's not worry about it too much, as Pokémon was still growing. Gen II only had 6 legendaries, but I think that is because the regional Pokédex also contained all of gen I's legendaries as well, making a total of 11. From then on, every gen has had 10 or more legendaries. If gen II had released more, they would have had the same problem as gen IV, with too many. Now I know that most of the legendaries aren't able to be caught in the gen II games, but they're still in the regional dex. So that is why I think anywhere under 10 legendaries is fine for gen VI. A couple of event legendaries is important for promotional purposes.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yeah, I hate having so many legendaries in Gen IV. I think there was evening too many in Gen V. Lets look at the statistics shall we? According to Bulbapedia, "Legendary Pokémon are a group of incredibly rare and often very powerful Pokémon." Of the 654 Pokémon species, 47 are considered to be legendary (7.24%). Now if you ask me, 7.25% is very rare or special. That kinda bugs me a bit. 7% is a large figure, and I think it should be closer to 3 or 4%. But that's just me, I'm sure some of you love having heaps of legendaries.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
My god, lord arceus is producing too many legendaries nowadays..!!

Actually i would like 5 legendaries just like back in gen 1...

2 main legendaries
1 third legendary corelated wid those 2
1 legendary of 100 stat
n 1 or make it a duo legendaries for event n movie, like lati duo.. I rly loved dem..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm not opposed to lots of legendaries. ;( I just want new Pokemon to play with and use, maybe we'll even be lucky enough to get another legendary that's good enough to be NeverUsed.

(get it??)

vaporeon7

Years
To be really honest, part of me says that it'll be within the 6-7 range, but part of me also says it'll also be around 10 or so. I mean, when I actually counted Gen IV's legendaries, Gen V almost had as much, and I don't think anyone really complained about those(unless I'm missing something?). Maybe this is just my personal bias kicking in because I wouldn't mind having a few more legendaries here and there just for the experience of the new generation, but I really think that there's going to be around 8 or 9 at the most.

Yes, I pretty much agree with you fully. 8 or 9 gives enough side quests and challenges for everyone, without having too many legendaries.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If the legendaries are NU, I hope they're like Regirock and not Regigigas.

Just as long as they're useful I don't mind what kind of legendaries are in NU. :3 But yeah, some weaker legendaries would be great to see for the lower tiers where they can be embraced.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Just as long as they're useful I don't mind what kind of legendaries are in NU. :3 But yeah, some weaker legendaries would be great to see for the lower tiers where they can be embraced.

Hm, but it's not a good look if a Pokemon with the title "Legendary" is scrapping at the bottom of the pack. And with the power creep from Gen to Gen, as much as I'd like it I don't see it happening. But if it did, I'd like it to have a significant impact on the tier, and not just become never used by people who play Never Used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back