• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
I think this could possibly give us an in sight to how the legendaries might be designed;

Spoiler:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... in regards to legendary Pokémon, I've seen it increase 'till Generation V where it was one less than Generation IV.

Generation I had 5
Generation II had 6
Generation III had 10
Generation IV had 14
And finally... Generation V had 13.

So I'm guessing that Generation V is the tipping point where less new legendary Pokémon are made. I'd assume it could go down as low as 7 legendary Pokémon in Pokémon X and Y.

blue

gucci
Years
I hope so, I didn't like how they introduced so many in Gen IV & V. I wonder if they will actually keep it real and introduce a reasonable amount this time, something like 5 would be nice.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think this could possibly give us an in sight to how the legendaries might be designed;

Spoiler:
I think it's likely that the "Z" mascot ─ calling it that for now ─ could turn out to be an underground or deep sea serpent. That's what I've been thinking anyway.

As far as how many legendaries we'll see, I think we can assume we'll have at least three main title legendaries, the legendary trio, a baby legendary, and possibly another legendary for promotional purposes. That's a total of eight so far. So, anywhere from eight to at least twelve I think could be a good number.

I never like the idea of having too much, especially if we don't get as much new Pokémon compared to previous generations.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I really hope they don't introduce a ton of legendaries. Don't get me wrong, I love alot of the newer legendaries,(Genescet, for example is beast) but Gen IV and V just had too many legendaries. I hope we get only about 5-7 of them, 10 at most.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Eh, I honestly don't mind the number of legendaries this time, as long as they don't have an excessive amount, like... 25 or so. xD

I also hope that the legendaries will be a liiiiit bit more tricky and complex to find this time. I mean, remember how we found out how to get the Regi-trio legendaries in R/S/E? Where we have to get a Wailord and Relicanth and switch them in our party at a specific order, and then we had to solve a puzzle at each of their caves?

Yeeeeah I'd like something like that; it adds to the mystery of them imo. n___n

Guy

just a guy
Years
The puzzle and complexity for unlocking the Regies in RSE was so much fun, I'd love for something like that to come back again. It's an extra challenge, and I think the Pokémon games could use more of that when it comes to finding legendaries. It's especially useful post-game when there's usually nothing left to do plot-wise.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I really loved d mirage island concept back in rse, bt dt in-game event was completely based on luck...

If it this concept is cming in 6th gen den it should be based on puzzles just like back in 2nd gen, moving d panels or even like regi one....

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I do love harder and harder puzzles. n___n Well, especially since I'm a LoZ fan. :3 I wish they'd make harder puzzles on gyms too; make us work for the gym badges just a little bit more. D=

Well, maybe not during the normal playthrough, but, for say, expert / challenge mode?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Better puzzles would be awesome!
I also think rather than adding tons of legendaries, they add more interactable Pokemon that aren't always legendary. I think someone brought this up already, but like Sudowoodo and whatnot. I love Pokemon like that, and it makes me want to use them because I feel the game is giving me something special (Red Gyarados).
Either way, if they do release a crap ton I hope they are really cool and have a good back story.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I like a good gym puzzle but not like Sabrina type because that was the bane of my childhood. Along with Pryce's gym. I hope that they are a bit challenging since BW/BW2 were kinda bad except for Clay's BW2 layout.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I'm more rooting for puzzles for legendaries, like Rayquaza. That one was so frustrating, but it was the major one so it should've been difficult.

blue

gucci
Years
They make it so easy now, it was a case of walking upto the The Musketeer Trio in B2W2 and battling them without any requirements...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
They make it so easy now, it was a case of walking upto the The Musketeer Trio in B2W2 and battling them without any requirements...
That was just ridiculous -.- I hardly even wanted to catch them. Finding and catching an Eevee was harder than that...

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Personally, those musketters were the worst legendaries i had ever seen. How a 4 leg pkmn could be a fighting pkmn, unimaginable..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well while you may have disliked them you can lol forward to ones you might like more in X/Y. :3 idm if they're hard or easy to find as long as they can be found lmao.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd like something more difficult to obtain them. That's what I liked about the Regi trio in RSE. They felt legendary because they were sealed away with a creative story behind it, and you had to break the seal and even then, you still had to find where they were. Oh. And did I mention...Braille!?

I thought it was neat, and that's why the Regi trio is my favorite legendary trio. I'm sure others found it cryptic and annoying, but I mean really...for legendaries, I think it needs to be more difficult to get to them.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I'd like something more difficult to obtain them. That's what I liked about the Regi trio in RSE. They felt legendary because they were sealed away with a creative story behind it, and you had to break the seal and even then, you still had to find where they were. Oh. And did I mention...Braille!?

I thought it was neat, and that's why the Regi trio is my favorite legendary trio. I'm sure others found it cryptic and annoying, but I mean really...for legendaries, I think it needs to be more difficult to get to them.
I completely agree. I want to hunt for my legendaries a bit, not have them handed to me. Adds to gameplay time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back