• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Oh hey! You're from PC!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Jon is like an STD that gets passed around from person to person.

I met him when he came over to the states on his world tour. He stayed at Philly for sightseeing or something, and then decided he'd come meet me. I was extremely nervous meeting him, since I hadn't ever met someone who I first met online before. We planned to meet at Panera Bread. I saw him from a turn and my first thought was "He looks so British!" so I tweeted it, and he looked around for me because he saw the tweet and then we met up and then we had fun. As much fun as you can have in a boring suburb.

He is super energetic and outgoing and funny, and he does a great hick impersonation.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oddly enough, the one and only person I've met from PC was when I was out of the country! And that person is the STD Nick speaks of. Mr Cat Dog.

I met him after the New Year's Day parade in London of 2012. Well...we led the parade, so we were done. I don't think the rest of it was. But apparently, he asked several people if they knew me, then eventually I found myself walking next to a guy with a McDonalds bag. He asks, "Do you know (insert my first and last name here)?" and I'm like "...Oh yeah that's me...JON!!!!!!!!" He even made a LOVELY sign for me. Sadly, neither of us had a camera and I was hurrying back to a bus, and he had some McDonalds to ingest. The meeting was short, but it was an amazing way to kick off 2012! I was like...ecstatic for an hour and couldn't believe what had happened. Oh, and explaining to my fellow band members how I knew someone in London was fun. Now people know I'm on a Pokemon forum. Oh well!

I hope to visit other PC friends someday, or them come here and visit me. I'd like to get US friends out first, since that's the most feasible, and if at all possible, I'd love to go across the pond again and meet the remaining darlings there.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I haven't met anyone from PC yet, but I would love to. The problem is, I don't think there's any other member here that lives in my country except for MidnightShine, who is separated from me by a stretch of sea, so meeting him will be quite unlikely. ;_; I had a better chance while I was in Australia last year, but sadly, I'm not there anymore and won't be going there for quite a while.. Oh well~

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Aside from my sister who had an account and then quits, I haven't met anyone from PC, yet. And probably I'm planning to keep it that way.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Jon is like an STD that gets passed around from person to person.
Charming, Nicholas. Maybe I should just refer to myself as HPV instead of MCD?

But, it's kinda true, I guess. The getting around bit... not the STD bit. Last year I ended up meeting 12 members/former members of PC. That was up from 0 in 2011! I took pictures of most of them as well, to prove I wasn't just making it all up! There are a few people who I'd like to meet of which it would be conceivable of me to do so; there are even more people who I'd like to meet of which it would be completely inconceivable of me to do so - not going to Australia or the West Coast of the US any time soon, unfortunately... but I am going to Morocco in a month! Anyone? No? OK then. Below is the big list, with links to the photos, if I indeed took them:
  • Sydian who already described our adventure in her post above
  • Lightning, with whom I explored downtown Toronto, Niagara Falls and Waterloo, where I met her roomate: Aegis
  • Morkula, with whom I ingested an ungodly amount of pancakes, wreaked havoc in a Wal-Mart, saw The Hunger Games, revolted at Applebees and saw cute baby seals
  • Patchisou Yutohru, who already described our adventure in his post above
  • Kura, Captain Fabio and Drakow, all of whom I've met multiple times now (and with different PC members along for the ride), but the first time was at MCM Comic-Con Expo, with all three being in crazy cosplay
  • Vendak, with whom I watched Withnail & I, went to a pub, had a homemade dinner cooked for me, and danced like crazy to Elvis Presley
  • Abnegation, who I've also met multiple times (and with more PC members along for the ride), and with whom I've definitely had my most crazy adventures with ;D
  • Went, who already described our adventure in his post above, but forgot to mention all of the restaurant dinners I took him too. I wined and dined that boy like nobody's business!
  • Counterfeit, the most recent victim of whatever STD I apparently am... from whom I learned lots about the differences between alcohol and marijuana!
He is super energetic and outgoing and funny, and he does a great hick impersonation.
Well, three of those four things are true. Although I make every effort to be outgoing, I'm actually kinda shy, especially when it comes to new people. One of the things that this last year has been really good at is building my confidence in talking to new people, and I kind of have everyone on this list to thank for that. Everyone was different in their own way, exposing me to new ideas and worldviews and challenging things I thought about people I'd only previously spoken to online. Make no mistake about it, talking to someone in the flesh is very different from forum chats, IMing and even video messaging. And, with that, came a little bit of awkwardness to each encounter. But, for the most part, people's true personalities revealed themselves (as well as some of their families!) and the awkwardness just melted away very quickly.

I'd definitely encourage doing it if you have the opportunity to do so. Just do a bit of research beforehand, and do it with people who you already have some sort of connection with beforehand. 'Cause if you meet up and have absolutely nothing in common and have barely spoken to one another beforehand... that will be awkward.

And this has been a lecture and a half, so I'll leave it there. Toodles!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I always wanted to make one of those trips to meet up with online friends and see them in person... The highest chance I have of meeting PC members at the moment is probably people around the Toronto region as I have a lot of other online friends over there too!

I met an old member called 22sa (don't know if anyone remembers him) as it turns out his twin sister went to my high school, so it was pretty easy to confirm identity and blahblah-security paranoid stuff. We met up a few times and ate a few lunches together before he moved away to Toronto.

Years
I've never met anyone from PC. D: There are a handful of members who live in NY/near it though so it's certainly possible, though! Maybe sometime down the road when I finally get my driver's license I'll start considering visiting people around where I live.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I've only met two PC people: Mr Cat Dog, who has already chronicled our adventures (though they were otters, not seals!) and Mac, who lives very close to where I work, so we've had lunch a few times and will hopefully be doing so again soon!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Wanted to follow up and say i met Vendak today and it was really fun! I also gota chance to see mr.catdog again before he had to go to work! Had a great time!! Im lucky to have met such great people from tjis forum.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Back in 2009, yeah. That's... really all I'll say on it, lol.

Although in the future there's a few people I definitely want to meet!!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've never met anyone from PC in real life and that bums me out so bad because I really really want to! There are so many, I don't like listing people in threads like this for fear of missing people out, but the most plausible person is probably bobandbill as he lives about 20 minutes away from me.

BOBANDBILL COME AND MEET ME!

Back