• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Augmented Reality

Years
Hi Pokefans

Im just wondering and HOPING that the Pokemon X and Y Games will make use of the AR function.

Would you like to see this function being used in the game ?

My biggest wish/expectation would be that you receive 3 AR cards with your game (having the 3 starters on each of the cards) and that's how you choose YOUR starter......by scanning one into the game at a certain point.

So, would you like the augmented reality function within the game, and how would you like it to be implemented?
(e.g. maybe like printing or scanning a code/image of a certain Legendary.... and then in the game it will appear and you can catch it)

Shiny Bidoof

On fire
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
I dunno how well it could be implemented, but it would be cool if you could scan a code and have your pokemon battles appear there. Not very practical, but it would look cool.

Years
Just being a devil's advocate, but what happens if you lose the cards?

haha, that can happen :P
But Im sure they will be on the Pokemon website as well to print/scan from :)

Oh wow , and I love Shiny Bidoof's idea !!! How awesome would THAT be !!!! Pokemon battling on your couch,bed,car,real grass, your cat or dog :P and then you can even take pictures of it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps they could make the minigames have something to do with AR.
Or they could give us the option to feed our mon's special stat raising items on AR like with the Dream Eaters in Kingdom Hearts 3D.

I do like the battling idea(so much better than mini games and feeding Pokémon), would be nice if done right.

Shiny Bidoof

On fire
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
Perhaps they could make the minigames have something to do with AR.
Or they could give us the option to feed our mon's special stat raising items on AR like with the Dream Eaters in Kingdom Hearts 3D.

I do like the battling idea(so much better than mini games and feeding Pokémon), would be nice if done right.

Hmm... like a pet simulator type mini-game? That would be awesome. I dig it.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
The Augmented Reality feature has been on the 3DS since it's launch, and many Nintendo 3DS games have implemented the ability to use their own Augmented Reality cards to make the 3D models appear and all kinds of stuff like that.

I would love to see the Pokémon appear right on the Augmented Reality card, there could be a potential for many Pokémon AR cards to be used for the game to get Pokémon that are exclusive only by using an Augmented Reality card, or it could have some special stuff on the Pokédex that you'd use in the exact same way as you do on Pokédex 3D Pro, but with the Pokémon using certain attacks and stuff.

Having Pokémon exclusive to using Augmented Reality would be a really nice feature to have.

Back