• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Cameo Appearances?

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Hmm. Previously they have used cameos as hints (such as with Yasmine). So we may see any Gen 3 character. What'd be awesome though, is some kind of post game place where you can battle all previous champions. Or maybe we will have a professor battle. Like what was in the script of R/B/Y

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
If the bring anyone from past gens, i would think they might bring back Prof. Oak, maybe Skyla flying her plane to one of the major cities with Fantania from Sinnoh. That would be cool to see.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I'd kinda like to see Chuck or Bruno in 3D, hah. Also I, though not a character itself, I'd like to see a division of Silph Co. Don't really know why though XD

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
IMO, it would make sense for Juan and Fantina to make cameos here, as they're both most likely from France, and X & Y seem to take place in a region based on it. Maybe we can battle them as well, or involve them in the story?

I really want to battle a past protagonist again, like Red in G/S/C/HG/SS. Maybe Ethan, since he's next in order?

Colress and N pl0x

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
Cynthia in Pokemon X/Y?

uj9b8.png

I think Cynthia should make another appearance.
I think her theme would sound like this:

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I really support the idea of Fantina making a return, shes been one of my favourite Gym Leaders and I can see her fitting in well somewhere in these games plus it would connect X and Y to DPPT in some way..

juanhbk1

Somewhere in the Middle?
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2016
Probably, since GF seem to have a rather large obsession with her.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
RED! RED!

I want Red to be the final boss...I would like to see Steven or Wallace from Hoenn. Cynthia OK...

Guy

just a guy
Years
Probably, since GF seem to have a rather large obsession with her.
That does seem to be the case doesn't it? Ever since her arrival in Diamond and Pearl, Cynthia has so far made an appearance in every game since. I can't say I would be surprised if she shows up in X and Y too.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
That does seem to be the case doesn't it? Ever since her arrival in Diamond and Pearl, Cynthia has so far made an appearance in every game since. I can't say I would be surprised if she shows up in X and Y too.

I wonder where she could be though? Does she have another villa? @___@;; Well, she does strike me as the rich type.. xD

Though, that's kind of interesting though; we've seen Cynthia a lot, and she can have the potiental to be in this game... I wonder why?

Guy

just a guy
Years
I wonder where she could be though? Does she have another villa? @___@;; Well, she does strike me as the rich type.. xD

Though, that's kind of interesting though; we've seen Cynthia a lot, and she can have the potiental to be in this game... I wonder why?
Cynthia showing up in <insert new region name here> with another villa would seem too recycled in my opinion. Especially considering it was done in the generation preceding X and Y. I would hope that if they do bring her back again, then she somehow has something to do with the history of the region since she's into that kind of thing. Then maybe post-game we can find her in a certain location and have a battle with her.

Truth be told, I feel like they've made as much use of Cynthia as they could for the past two generations to the point where her era should end alongside the DS systems.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Youngster joey!

Just pure classic

I kind of don't think he will. I mean there was another guy named by that in Unova iirc, so the actual original didn't return, and these aren't comparable to generation one, unlike the Unova games, so chances are he won't be travelling that far. XD;

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
The fantastic return of Fantina!

In gsc, there was a rocket grunt who was implied to be from a foreign land. That grunt later could be found with a family in black and white. Fantina is another individual who is supposed to be foreign, and french at that. Given the clear European influences in X and Y, I would be unsurprised to see her make an appearance in these games, as she may be originally from the new region. Anyone else think this is a possibility?

(sorry for any errors, I'm typing this out on my phone. I'll fix anything when I get home)

Years
Cameo appearances :
Jessie and James :) It's 3DS, I believe they can make a super cool cut scene showing Team Rocket doing their old motto .
Prof Oak
Brock and Misty
It's time to bring in some BIG nostalgic moments for us.

And then, what about a father figure instead of a mother always jumping for joy when you're running down the stairs ? And then you're father can be ........maybe one of the previous professors...Elm maybe ?)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Cameo appearances :
Jessie and James :) It's 3DS, I believe they can make a super cool cut scene showing Team Rocket doing their old motto .
Prof Oak
Brock and Misty
It's time to bring in some BIG nostalgic moments for us.

And then, what about a father figure instead of a mother always jumping for joy when you're running down the stairs ? And then you're father can be ........maybe one of the previous professors...Elm maybe ?)

Cameo appearances in Pokémon X and Y from the anime would be so cool. Especially since we haven't had anything like this since the days of Pokémon Yellow/Pikachu Version.

Maybe a cameo appearance of Paul and Trip would be nice as well, considering they're exclusive to the anime. :P

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
That cowgirl/rancher with 6 bidoof.

I will sue gamefreak if they don't inckude youngstr joey

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
There can never be enough Cynthia!

There can never be enough lance.

Seriously I love that guy.

Cameo appearances in Pokémon X and Y from the anime would be so cool. Especially since we haven't had anything like this since the days of Pokémon Yellow/Pikachu Version.

Maybe a cameo appearance of Paul and Trip would be nice as well, considering they're exclusive to the anime. :P
It would be so neat to see them in 3d.

Sorry I cannot multiquote.

Last edited:

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I think I just find it hard to adapt to change. When she popped up in HGSS it was just "Ooh, what a pleasant surprise!" but now that I'm so used to seeing Cynthia all over the shop, I'm more like "OH MY GOD WHAT IF SHE'S NOT INCLUDED IN XY?!?!". If she's not involved in Gen VI I assume I'll get over it, and she probably will eventually wear out her welcome (even for me) if she continues to appear, but it is nice to see her pop up (for now at least).

Back