• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Wait, this place looks familiar!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
What if these new games didn't take place at a new region at all? (of course it IS apparent that they will indeed take place at a new region, but bear with me, this is just hypothetically speaking!)

What if the setting was just a setting with updated buildings, and new gym structures, and in the wild, updated with the new pokemon? How would you react? Would you still be excited on playing these games? What old generation region would you say this would most likely be?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I very much doubt it, while I can imagine Game Freak wishing to put past regions on display with these enhanced graphics I doubt they'd be the focal point, it wouldn't make much sense for the trailer to focus on Europe or to have that many new Pokemon if we weren't going somewhere new.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
but bear with me

Spoiler:

Sorry, I just had to!

I don't think it will be in an old region. Interesting idea, though.

Years
It'd be pretty sweet to see more revamped regions from the past. Although I'd have to agree it's not very likely under these circumstances, considering the new landmarks and Pokemon.

That would be a cool idea for a future game though, I think.
Especially with the jump to 3D. Going back to previous regions would be exciting.

Last edited:

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
She said hypothetically which means forget what the trailers are showing. What if it was an older region.

Well, for me, it would depend on the region. The only region I wouldn't be bored in would be the Hoenn region because I haven't played that one very much

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
i just want a game where it has`all the regions in it. to be honest
Why are people still asking for this? While I am fairly sure a game like that is technically possible (as in, 3DS carts have enough memory to do it, though who knows with this generation's step into 3D), it doesn't really make sense.

Traveling through one region gets you somewhere in the range of Lv50 - Lv60. Unless they pulled a GSC's Kanto with incredibly short, plotless regions after the first one, there is no way they'd be able to have a decent level curve. By the end of the second region, literally every trainer would be throwing Lv100's at you, and that's just boring.

If they take away your trained Pokemon and make you start over, how would that be different than having separate games on separate carts?

Anyway, as for the actual topic - while it is a bit obvious that we will be getting a new region, a new adventure with new Pokemon in an old region would be very interesting. I'd love to see Hoenn again with a totally different plot (personally, I'd rather see RSE sequels than RSE remakes).

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Well, I won't be excited. Only reasonable explanation that new species of Pokemons arrive in an old region was a Poke-holocaust.

Why are people still asking for this? While I am fairly sure a game like that is technically possible (as in, 3DS carts have enough memory to do it, though who knows with this generation's step into 3D), it doesn't really make sense.

Traveling through one region gets you somewhere in the range of Lv50 - Lv60. Unless they pulled a GSC's Kanto with incredibly short, plotless regions after the first one, there is no way they'd be able to have a decent level curve. By the end of the second region, literally every trainer would be throwing Lv100's at you, and that's just boring.

If they take away your trained Pokemon and make you start over, how would that be different than having separate games on separate carts?

Anyway, as for the actual topic - while it is a bit obvious that we will be getting a new region, a new adventure with new Pokemon in an old region would be very interesting. I'd love to see Hoenn again with a totally different plot (personally, I'd rather see RSE sequels than RSE remakes).

Unless the level gap wasn't 100, but that would totally make the game mechanics different. Your statement about taking away your trained Pokemon to start over sound great though. The difference it makes is that you have the whole Pokemon World in just one cart (or maybe 2 for version exclusives). I also like the idea for an RSE sequel, but the remake still sounds good. They'll be forgotten bit by bit now.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Unova with new Pokemon. I'd want this and willingly play through this. In fact, I badly need this. GameFreak, please? :)

It won't happen but I'd definitely be excited. :333 /#1 Unova fan

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
To be perfectly honest, I was actually thinking about that kind of stuff before Pokémon X and Pokémon Y were announced. And during that time, I was thinking about how it would be nice for Generation VI to actually be the Hoenn region in 101 years in the future, where almost everything in the Hoenn region to be completely different with new Pokémon as well as some old Pokémon and where the new legendary Pokémon were actually about Light and Darkness. And a very few landmarks from the original games appearing in ruins.

So that's what I've been thinking about in the "what if the games didn't take place in a new region at all" topic. xD

Years
I'd like the idea, but I'd want it to be done right. There would have to be lots of good story elements to explain the changes, but they wouldn't be immediately known to you as you start since, theoretically, you're a new character who hasn't experienced the region before. There'd need to be some things which haven't changed much, but things that have changed a lot. Some areas that were previously available would have to go and new areas would need to be opened up.

Basically they'd have to do what they did with BW2 but with more changes to make it worthy of a whole new game (instead of just a sequel).

But I don't think it would happen.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Probably not going to happen here due to the European and France influence, but if it did, then I would hope they would incorporate some elements of adaptation with the old Pokémon. For example, a strong change in the environment throughout the years had caused numerous of the Pokémon who lived within the region to change and adapt to their new living conditions. Some could have new evolutions and others new forms. While the change in environment could have attracted newer Pokémon from outside the region to inhabit the lands.

There would also need to be a number of changes added in to make the old region feel fresh and make you want to explore it again besides just new Pokémon a la Black 2 and White 2, but more so. Changes in certain areas would have to be made, new locations would have had to be found, while the characters and storylines would have to be changed greatly.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be totally against it. This is something I was hoping that if ever Kanto had to be remade again, that they'd develop it like an entirely new game rather than a remake of the versions before it.

blue

gucci
Years
I thought that too, what if it is just an updated version of a Region we've already visited but then when you look at it closely you can't really compare what we've seen with any of the previous regions. It definitely looks like a new scene but I wouldn't mind revisiting an older region.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
qEFVX.jpg

utber6061 suggests this.

I don't agree at all, the onlu similarity is the body of water, but the Route 104 pool is far bigger than the Gen VI one.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Unova with new Pokemon. I'd want this and willingly play through this. In fact, I badly need this. GameFreak, please? :)

It won't happen but I'd definitely be excited. :333 /#1 Unova fan

In this hypothetical scenerio I would hate that...going through Unova for a third time in a row... I rather have Kanto in 3D thank you very much.

If they were to do this hypothetically I would like them to do Hoenn (number 1 Hoenn fan), or if not Sinnoh as it's my second fav. Third choice is Johto, fourth is Kanto and as I said my last choice would be Unova...

Well if we get remakes I'll get my 3D Hoenn and... maybe even...Kanto...

Years
As interesting an idea that is, I doubt it is the case. I'm sure that as the first game of Generation VI, it will comprise of a brand new region with new and old concepts put in play. Only this time they've really picked it up a notch with fully 3D visuals.
To further point out, the Eiffel Tower was in the video footage and there hasn't been a game in the series yet that has that building included.

So, I think it's a nono.

However IMO, Ruby and Sapphire or Red and Blue would fit best to your idea. If it was one of these, I think I'd be almost as surprised as hearing about a new Generation. It wouldn't stop me from looking forward to it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
In this hypothetical scenerio I would hate that...going through Unova for a third time in a row... I rather have Kanto in 3D thank you very much.

If they were to do this hypothetically I would like them to do Hoenn (number 1 Hoenn fan), or if not Sinnoh as it's my second fav. Third choice is Johto, fourth is Kanto and as I said my last choice would be Unova...

Well if we get remakes I'll get my 3D Hoenn and... maybe even...Kanto...

But then you've gone through Kanto like, 5 times, as opposed to three times in a row. I'd rather something newer and modern than something people got sick of years ago if it was set in another region lmao.

Back