ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old January 8th, 2013 (4:44 PM).
BIG PECKS

I meant like the Dragon rage fireball, then the self-destruct explosions, it would look the closest to Flame Burst

(so Launch fire ball, then play boom booms, not using the mini eruptions from Dragon Rage)

Current Fakemon Creation

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 9th, 2013 (4:29 AM).
    Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7481672#post7481672

I made a screenshot Let's Play in your hack!
      Old January 9th, 2013 (8:54 AM).
      Hylian Chosen One

You did a good job with this one! Looking forward to beta 1
        Old January 10th, 2013 (2:27 AM).
        Fenniken is godly.

Wow, I just realized the use of Pollyanna in Green's theme. I can't explain it, but it fits her very well.
          Old January 10th, 2013 (12:40 PM). Edited January 10th, 2013 by El Diabeetus.
          Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')

Nature: Lonely
            I saw it finally had a release by the time I got out of the hospital, I was so exicited to play this! Glad I wasn't wrong.

Played through the alpha, it was a decent challenge. That is very refreshing, it felt like a modern Pokémon game while bringing back some of the feeling of Red/Blue that FR/LG missed. I was so happy to see all 3 trainers be used this time, the music being re-done or having the key changed back to the original one was refreshing. Never hated FR/LG's but, I like the tone and pitch of the original better, there were some awkward key changes in that one. The RSE/HGSS graphic fusion is awesome! This truly feels like a new Pokémon game and the palletes for the Pokémon being the same as the Sugimori art is a nice touch as well! Very professional presentation, will look forward to this being finished.

My team at the end of the alpha was: Charmeleon Lv. 16 and Murkrow Lv. 7.

I know you have your own canon with this game, but, I could totally see Kamon being in this game while still fitting into the actual canon. He simply discarded the Pokémon after the game and wanted to try and cut all ties with Giovanni, haha.

Once this is completed, this may be the definitive Kanto, Pokémon game.

Chinpokomon Big/Small (would leave the titles, but apparently exceeded sig limit)

Check my Japanese inspired Logo edits for Gens 1-7!:
            http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9137003
            Old January 10th, 2013 (3:47 PM). Edited January 10th, 2013 by Chaos Rush.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SSJ4 Furanki View Post
              I saw it finally had a release by the time I got out I was so exicited to play this! Glad I wasn't wrong.

Played through the alpha, it was a decent challenge. That is very refreshing, it felt like a modern Pokémon game while bringing back some of the feeling of Red/Blue that FR/LG missed.
              That is awesome to hear. My goal is to create a modern Pokemon game taking place in Kanto, and so I'm glad I've achieved that effect.

Quote:
              I was so happy to see all 3 trainers be used this time, the music being re-done or having the key changed back to the original one was refreshing. Never hated FR/LG's but, I like the tone and pitch of the original better, there were some awkward key changes in that one.
              I agree with you 100%. I always thought FR/LG's music is weird, and created a completely different atmosphere to Kanto that wasn't exactly better than the atmosphere of the original music. There will be very few songs that won't change from FR/LG, the only ones I'm re-using are the few FR/LG songs that they didn't change the key, such as Celadon City.

Quote:
              The RSE/HGSS graphic fusion is awesome! This truly feels like a new Pokémon game and the palletes for the Pokémon being the same as the Sugimori art is a nice touch as well! Very professional presentation, will look forward to this being finished.
              Thank you! My goal is to have R/S/E-style graphics (idgaf what others think, I've fallen in love with R/S/E style) but with all the building designs and map layouts the same as HG/SS's Kanto; except Mt. Moon will be nothing like HG/SS, and Route 23 will be nothing like HG/SS.

Quote:
              My team at the end of the alpha was: Charmeleon Lv. 16 and Murkrow Lv. 7.
              Interesting... did you use Murkrow at all or did you just really like training Charmander? When I played through my alpha, I finished with Lv13 Charmander, Lv11 Pidgey, and Lv12 Nidoran.

You see, I don't have all of the Gym Leaders & Elite Four's levels planned out yet, I've only decided their Pokemon. I decided that I will plan out their levels as I make progress with the hack, since that would be the best way to balance the difficulty. I was planning on having Brock top out at Lv15 or Lv16, and it kinda worries me if people are reaching Lv16 already by the end of Viridian Forest. But then again, it appears you only trained Charmander, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Quote:
              I know you have your own canon with this game, but, I could totally see Kamon being in this game while still fitting into the actual canon. He simply discarded the Pokémon after the game and wanted to try and cut all ties with Giovanni, haha.
              Well...that is kinda what will happen. Don't worry, I have everything all planned out, and there will be an explanation as to why he loses all of his Pokemon in DarkViolet's planned sequel, Pokemon DarkCrystal.

Quote:
              Once this is completed, this may be the definitive Kanto, Pokémon game.
              Thank you That's my goal, really

What gave me the idea of putting Kamon in Kanto is the HG/SS Celebi event, which heavily hints that Kamon was in Kanto 3 years prior to HG/SS. I thought I should expand on Kamon and Giovanni's past, and that's what I'm going to do in DarkViolet.

EDIT: Now I'm not one for putting out spoilers, but I'm just going to throw this out there.
              http://youtu.be/qyQGjPO_47w?t=1m19s
              The Celebi event from HG/SS will also be in DarkViolet. The difference is that in HG/SS, you're going back in time to see the event, but in DarkViolet, you'll see it as it's happening, and that you will know the whole story behind Giovanni and Kamon that got them to that point.
              Old January 10th, 2013 (4:25 PM). Edited January 10th, 2013 by El Diabeetus.
              Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')

Nature: Lonely
                I'm exicited to see how the event fully pans out then! Yeah, I did over-train Charmander; but, that's a habit I have in games 'Train the starter first, then work on the rest of the team'. But, I did use Murkrow, just not enough to level up yet.

Haha, actually I forgot I evolved Murkrow, so it's actually a Lv. 7 Honchkrow.

Chinpokomon Big/Small (would leave the titles, but apparently exceeded sig limit)

Check my Japanese inspired Logo edits for Gens 1-7!:
                http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9137003
                Old January 10th, 2013 (9:51 PM).
                BIG PECKS

Brock capping out at 16 isn't that bad, since it's base Attack is on par with Caterpie, I've played through 3 times now, without speed grinding (really wanted that Butterfree) my team averaged 11-13 with the starter varying depending on who I chose.
                  Charmander-15 (he get's all the battles in the bug infested forest)
                  Bulbasaur-13 (not too effective in the woods, but in all my playthroughs, it catches up by soloing Brock's gym)
                  Squirtle-14 (see Bulbasaur, except you can kinda do damage with water moves)

Not sure if you mentioned it or not, but are TM's changing, like Misty giving Bubblebeam back? (Water Pulse should be Jaun's only) Obviously not replacing all the TM's because some of the original were pointless (really, a TM for Softboiled?)

Current Fakemon Creation
                  Old January 10th, 2013 (9:54 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by metalflygon08 View Post
                    Not sure if you mentioned it or not, but are TM's changing, like Misty giving Bubblebeam back? (Water Pulse should be Jaun's only) Obviously not replacing all the TM's because some of the original were pointless (really, a TM for Softboiled?)
                    Yes, TM's are changing, but they're not going to be the same as in Red/Green/Blue.

I'll post it again, this is the new TM list (and its FINAL):
                    Spoiler:
                    TM List:
                    1. Focus Blast
                    2. Dragon Claw
                    3. Scald
                    4. Calm Mind
                    5. Energy Ball
                    6. Toxic
                    7. Hail
                    8. Bulk Up
                    9. Volt Switch
                    10. Hidden Power
                    11. Sunny Day
                    12. Dragon Pulse
                    13. Ice Beam
                    14. Blizzard
                    15. Hyper Beam
                    16. Giga Impact
                    17. Protect
                    18. Rain Dance
                    19. Giga Drain
                    20. Shadow Claw
                    21. Frustration
                    22. SolarBeam
                    23. Draco Bullet
                    24. Thunderbolt
                    25. Thunder
                    26. Earthquake
                    27. Return
                    28. Dig
                    29. Psychic
                    30. Shadow Ball
                    31. Brick Break
                    32. Double Team
                    33. Stone Edge
                    34. Dark Pulse
                    35. Flamethrower
                    36. Sludge Bomb
                    37. Sandstorm
                    38. Fire Blast
                    39. Rock Tomb
                    40. Aerial Ace
                    41. Drain Punch
                    42. Façade
                    43. X-Scissor
                    44. Rest
                    45. Attract
                    46. Grass Knot
                    47. Steel Wing
                    48. U-Turn
                    49. Flash Cannon
                    50. Overheat
                    Old January 12th, 2013 (8:38 AM).
                    BIG PECKS

That's a solid TM list, I like it.

Since you are bringing it up to 5th gen standards, so to speak, is the Gym Guide going to give out a free Fresh Water every gym?

Current Fakemon Creation
                      Old January 13th, 2013 (11:38 AM).

Things I've worked on since release:
                        -finished Green's running sprites
                        -fixed Pokeball palette issues at beginning of battle
                        -other stuff

Also I was going to move the Viridian Team Rocket event to the top of the city, but after some thinking I decided against it, and here's why: The main point of moving the event is to give you access to Route 22, and allow you to fight Team Rocket and Kamon using some Pokemon from Route 22 if you choose. But the thing is, there's a rival battle on Route 22, and Blue battles you with a Lv8 Pidgey and a Lv10 Kantostarter. It would make no sense level-progression wise to battle a Lv8-10 boss, and then have to battle a Lv7 boss (Kamon's Nidoran). I could lower Blue's levels, but that would be dumb, because if I made him Lv5-7, then he would be significantly weaker than he is in Pokemon Red/Green/Blue, and I don't want that. In Pokemon Red/Green/Blue, the rival battle on Route 22 had a Lv9 Pidgey, and a Lv8 Kantostarter. I am following B/W/B2/W2's rule of "for boss characters, the boss's ace Pokemon must be +2 levels above the rest of the Pokemon, and the rest of the Pokemon must all be at the same level".

What I call "boss characters" are important trainers that are supposed to be tougher than regular trainers, and are to be viewed as the equivalent to a typical boss in a standard RPG. The boss characters are:
                        *Blue
                        *Green (if playing as Red)
                        *Red (if playing as Green)
                        *Gym Leaders
                        *Elite Four & Champion
                        *Ariana
                        *Archer
                        *Giovanni
                        *Kamon

Kamon is a boss character, and making him top out at Lv10 in the Viridian event is a bit overkill. Blue can get away with it because it's an optional fight, just like in the original games.

Not to mention, you get 3 free Sitrus Berries at the start of the gave, 10 free Potions on Route 1, and pseudo-infinite Oran Berries on Route 1 (the Berry tree will refill every time you enter the area), I think I've already made the beginning easy enough :/ So the Team Rocket event in future releases will be unchanged from the alpha.

Quote:
                        That's a solid TM list, I like it.

Since you are bringing it up to 5th gen standards, so to speak, is the Gym Guide going to give out a free Fresh Water every gym?
                        Kinda. I've always thought Fresh Water became rather useless by the time you reach the 4th Gym though. So I'm making it so that:
                        Gyms 1-2: Fresh Water
                        Gyms 3-4: Soda Pop
                        Gyms 5-6: Lemonade
                        Gyms 7-8: Moomoo Milk
                        Old January 13th, 2013 (12:48 PM).
                        BIG PECKS

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
                          Things I've worked on since release:
                          -finished Green's running sprites
                          -fixed Pokeball palette issues at beginning of battle
                          -other stuff

Also I was going to move the Viridian Team Rocket event to the top of the city, but after some thinking I decided against it, and here's why: The main point of moving the event is to give you access to Route 22, and allow you to fight Team Rocket and Kamon using some Pokemon from Route 22 if you choose. But the thing is, there's a rival battle on Route 22, and Blue battles you with a Lv8 Pidgey and a Lv10 Kantostarter. It would make no sense level-progression wise to battle a Lv8-10 boss, and then have to battle a Lv7 boss (Kamon's Nidoran). I could lower Blue's levels, but that would be dumb, because if I made him Lv5-7, then he would be significantly weaker than he is in Pokemon Red/Green/Blue, and I don't want that. In Pokemon Red/Green/Blue, the rival battle on Route 22 had a Lv9 Pidgey, and a Lv8 Kantostarter. I am following B/W/B2/W2's rule of "for boss characters, the boss's ace Pokemon must be +2 levels above the rest of the Pokemon, and the rest of the Pokemon must all be at the same level".

What I call "boss characters" are important trainers that are supposed to be tougher than regular trainers, and are to be viewed as the equivalent to a typical boss in a standard RPG. The boss characters are:
                          *Blue
                          *Green (if playing as Red)
                          *Red (if playing as Green)
                          *Gym Leaders
                          *Elite Four & Champion
                          *Ariana
                          *Archer
                          *Giovanni
                          *Kamon

Kamon is a boss character, and making him top out at Lv10 in the Viridian event is a bit overkill. Blue can get away with it because it's an optional fight, just like in the original games.

Not to mention, you get 3 free Sitrus Berries at the start of the gave, 10 free Potions on Route 1, and pseudo-infinite Oran Berries on Route 1 (the Berry tree will refill every time you enter the area), I think I've already made the beginning easy enough :/ So the Team Rocket event in future releases will be unchanged from the alpha.

Kinda. I've always thought Fresh Water became rather useless by the time you reach the 4th Gym though. So I'm making it so that:
                          Gyms 1-2: Fresh Water
                          Gyms 3-4: Soda Pop
                          Gyms 5-6: Lemonade
                          Gyms 7-8: Moomoo Milk

That's something I thought BW2 would've done with the free drinks. Water makes sense in a workout-gym sort of way, but is pointless late game.

Also, Daisy giving you the Running Shoes seems kinda sketchy, I can understand the Map (reference to the originals), and even TM 27 (she does measure friendship). But her having a pair of shoes for you is a little creepy.

Maybe have the player's mother wait outside the door and give them to you like in RSE?

Current Fakemon Creation
                          Old January 13th, 2013 (2:01 PM).

Quote:
                            Also, Daisy giving you the Running Shoes seems kinda sketchy, I can understand the Map (reference to the originals), and even TM 27 (she does measure friendship). But her having a pair of shoes for you is a little creepy.

Maybe have the player's mother wait outside the door and give them to you like in RSE?
                            So Daisy giving you the Running Shoes is "creepy", but the old man in HG/SS in Cherrygrove giving you the Running Shoes isn't "creepy"? wtf?

Daisy is your neighbor and friend, and Red has known her as long as he's known Blue. I don't understand how Daisy giving you Running Shoes is "creepy", it's a friend giving you helpful items. Sorry, that's not going to change.
                            Old January 13th, 2013 (2:10 PM).
                            BIG PECKS

Quote:
                              So Daisy giving you the Running Shoes is "creepy", but the old man in HG/SS in Cherrygrove giving you the Running Shoes isn't "creepy"? wtf?

Daisy is your neighbor and friend, and Red has known her as long as he's known Blue. I don't understand how Daisy giving you Running Shoes is "creepy", it's a friend giving you helpful items. Sorry, that's not going to change.
                              It's creepy there too, more-so that he jokes that they are still warm from him wearing them~

I just know IRL if my best friend's family randomly gave me shoes I'd be a little weirded out.

Current Fakemon Creation
                              Old January 14th, 2013 (12:24 PM).
                              Guess who's back?

Nature: Naughty
                                Quote:
                                It's creepy there too, more-so that he jokes that they are still warm from him wearing them~

I just know IRL if my best friend's family randomly gave me shoes I'd be a little weirded out.
                                You seem to forget the 'IRL' logic, and 'Pokémon' Logic are two different things.
                                Old January 14th, 2013 (5:48 PM).
                                BIG PECKS

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
                                  You seem to forget the 'IRL' logic, and 'Pokémon' Logic are two different things.
                                  ya but they still follow some basic logistics. (like breaking and entering being completely a-okay)

Also a minor GFX bug I noticed, the pixel that make's the outer rim of Red's Hat Bill flickers between dark grey and light gray.

Current Fakemon Creation
                                  Old January 15th, 2013 (5:53 PM).
                                  Dragon Tamer

Nature: Quirky
                                    I know this will probably be overlooked, but I've always wanted to see a hack that has rooms in Pokemon Centers, like they do in the Anime. You could perhaps go back there and fight trainers staying at the Pokemon Center, or get items from the trainers. I think that would be really cool!
                                    Old January 16th, 2013 (8:35 PM). Edited January 16th, 2013 by HackChu.
                                    I need a haircut...
                                    • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
                                    This is one hack I will be keeping an eye on, I love it. Though the boy rival is Green and the girl is Blue, but that is always debatable.

If Prof.Oak is the new gym leader(or Bill)I'm going to find you and kick your ass.

EDIT: Damn, my post needs more sauce because words can't even describe the effort put into this hack.

I love how the hack has a new feel to it being a remake and all, it looks great and seeing Team Rocket out on the towns and whatnot, its just awesome. It gives depth to the original story and I like that a lot, it has a modern feel while also somehow managing to retain the old feel as well..I hope this hack becomes popular.

I can see Kamon discarding his Pokemon for the events of G/S after all no one ever said Kamon was a beginning trainer. In addition, it's neat that Green is used now, and it gives a nice challenge too...I can't wait to see what else is in store though I wish there was a way to hack the trainer card so its less 'boring' looking. Maybe the least you could do is change the badge colors but for them to have different colors each would require a little more than work,

Anywas, good luck with this. Please don't ever give up on this.

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
                                    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
                                    Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
                                    Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
                                    Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
                                    Name: tysonrss
                                    Old January 18th, 2013 (5:32 PM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by HackChu View Post
                                      This is one hack I will be keeping an eye on, I love it. Though the boy rival is Green and the girl is Blue, but that is always debatable.
                                      Ummm dude.

He's appeared in MULTIPLE OFFICIAL GAMES under the name Blue:
                                      *Pokémon Gold/Silver
                                      *Pokémon Crystal
                                      *Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver
                                      *Pokémon Black 2/White 2

And also the official canon doesn't matter because Pokémon DarkViolet is my own separate canon, therefore I get to decide anything I want about these characters. I could change Blue's name to Cheesebutt if I wanted to (but I won't lol).
                                      Old January 18th, 2013 (6:32 PM).
                                      Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by HackChu View Post
                                        If Prof.Oak is the new gym leader(or Bill)I'm going to find you and kick your ass.
                                        Uhm.. This is still his hack. He can do whatever he wants.

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
                                        Old January 18th, 2013 (7:06 PM).
                                        I need a haircut...
                                        • Silver Tier

Now I remember why I stopped coming here for two years, you people take offense to every damn thing, and the mods...Jesus...I don't know which is worse, the regular users or the chariot of mods of this place.

You people are freaking ridiculous, I gave good criticism of this hack and you newbs still go on the offensive.

Its not a wonder why most of the old users post 2007-08 and good hackers from the day left.

Old January 18th, 2013 (7:14 PM).
                                        PokemonMasters PokemonMasters is offline
                                        Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
                                          Quote:
                                          Now I remember why I stopped coming here for two years, you people take offense to every damn thing, and the mods...Jesus...I don't know which is worse, the regular users or the chariot of mods of this place.

You people are freaking ridiculous, I gave good criticism of this hack and you newbs still go on the offensive.

Its not a wonder why most of the old users post 2007-08 and good hackers from the day left.
                                          Actually, what you posted was rude. If you're gonna act like that might as well stay away forever.

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
                                          Old January 18th, 2013 (7:20 PM).
                                          I need a haircut...
                                          • Silver Tier

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
                                          Actually, what you posted was rude. If you're gonna act like that might as well stay away forever.
                                          Which was the point made in my last post. You people can't take a joke, I'm obviously not gonna be able to come to his house and fight him, especially over something like that.

You youngins got a lot to learn about life. And I'll leave it at that.

Quote:
                                          Ummm dude.

*Pokémon Gold/Silver
                                          *Pokémon Crystal
                                          *Pokémon Black 2/White 2

And also the official canon doesn't matter because Pokémon DarkViolet is my own separate canon, therefore I get to decide anything I want about these characters. I could change Blue's name to Cheesebutt if I wanted to (but I won't lol).
                                          And also, the reason the name is Green is because Red/Green were the first games. He got changed to Blue because of the International release of Blue version. In the japanese games he is Green, and that's all that matters.

As for what you name him, I could care less. Name him Hitler for all I care.

Old January 18th, 2013 (7:22 PM).
                                          I need a haircut...
                                          • Silver Tier

Quote:
                                          Ummm dude.

*Pokémon Gold/Silver
                                          *Pokémon Crystal
                                          *Pokémon Black 2/White 2

And also, the reason the name is Green is because Red/Green were the first games. He got changed to Blue because of the International release of Blue version. In the japanese games he is Green, and that's all that matters.

As for what you name him, I could care less. Name him Hitler for all I care.

Old January 18th, 2013 (8:09 PM).
                                          metalflygon08 metalflygon08 is offline
                                          BIG PECKS

Yeesh people let's get back to talking about the hack, like, how awesome it is going to be to have our 1st Gym Battles next release?

Are the Gym Leaders going to use their RBGY look? or will it be FRLG? or even the HGSS styles?

I know the sprites are in the DS style, but GL fashion changes regularly in the Kanto leader's cases.

Current Fakemon Creation
                                            Closed Thread

Quick Reply