• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Let's Go to the Mall... Today!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Yes I know I used the same title I did in B/W.

In every main series game so far we have had either a big department store or mall. In every region but Unova, it has taken the place of the city's PokéMart. Do you think we will get another large shopping centre in X and Y? What would you like to be able to buy there? Will it be in a city, or on a route like Unova? What would you like changed/added from the normal?

Discuss!

(I know there is a thread discussing PokéMarts, but this focuses more on the department store)

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Considering the move to full 3D, this could be something really interesting. I'd imagine that they would go back to being in the biggest city again though.

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, it's always nice to have a large Mall that sells a variety of different items rather than the generic items found in the Marts of most other Towns.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It'd be cool to go inside an indoor mall with levels - not necessarily a department store or a strip mall, but, you know, one of those 'fancy' malls. I also hope that they will sell a wide variety of items - trainer or not. Hey, maybe since this region is based off of Europe, could we see international pokemon in-game goods being sold? O: Hope it's on a route during the main story~!

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
I wouldn't mind if the mall sold master balls.....but for 99,999

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
This is just a thought but I would love an online department store where everybody could set up their own storefronts and sell items. So for example when you set up your store you get a floor identification (which people use to access your shop...kinda like how the dream town works in animal crossing new leaf)

The reason I said floor identification and not store identification is that some players would get the same floor identification.....so there might be maybe 8 different player run stores on the same floor and they would be like your neighbours

Think of it as a mix between the dream town feature in animal crossing new leaf, the online player run stores in fashion boutique and Join Avenue from pokemon.

I doubt it would ever happen but I would really love something like this included in the game, it would fit in with their desire to make players feel more connected in-game.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
For some reason, I immediately thought of Disney stores. There could be a shop in the shape of a Pokemon, like the Battle Pike in Emerald that sells special items, or something similar.

I'd quite like to see a market though, rather than a shopping center. There have been markets in Pokemon before on a smaller scale, but one that is absolutely huge - like Castelia City, only with stalls instead of buildings, with people bellowing their wares at you as you run by - would be an interesting change...and, of course, there could perhaps be a black market as well, filled with those controversial items that are extremely useful but have annoying drawbacks. Maybe that's not quite as feasible, but it could still be fun.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
For some reason, I immediately thought of Disney stores. There could be a shop in the shape of a Pokemon, like the Battle Pike in Emerald that sells special items, or something similar.

EVEN BETTER, THEY CAN SELL DISNEY. Wonderful marketing idea for Disney tbh. But by saying Disney you made me think of Toys R Us! What about something as fun as one of those stores for those playing the games? :3 I mean as a kid that used to be one of the most exciting places ever! I'd like it to be in a city, though. On a route again would seem not really unique. But oh my God I want a store designed after Toys R Us, idc what it sells BUT AS LONG AS IT'S AWESOME and has fun things to do in there so people can stay there for more than just buying things!

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
EVEN BETTER, THEY CAN SELL DISNEY. Wonderful marketing idea for Disney tbh. But by saying Disney you made me think of Toys R Us! What about something as fun as one of those stores for those playing the games? :3 I mean as a kid that used to be one of the most exciting places ever! I'd like it to be in a city, though. On a route again would seem not really unique. But oh my God I want a store designed after Toys R Us, idc what it sells BUT AS LONG AS IT'S AWESOME and has fun things to do in there so people can stay there for more than just buying things!
Yeah, I think I like your illustration better; Disney stores never even got close to competing with the excitement of going down to Toys R Us and running up and down the LEGO aisles stacked so high I could barely see the top. xD

...complete with a Girafarig head on the front, right? Mons R Us.

That said...a store that actually sells Pokemon would be nice. Accruing Game Coins to buy a Dratini always bothered me immensely in the past. Why not a store that sells them for cash? Recording time is hardly an issue, so they could get new stock in every day...maybe a shiny every now and then. It'd be a great way to get Pokemon not found in the wild or in that version, as well. I suppose it could be a Pokemon Pound of sorts, since selling Pokemon will probably have PETA up in arms or something, but surely buying them like pets is better than winning them through excessive gambling?

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I would think if they bring a big shopping center into X and Y, they would probably put it in a large city. I personally would like to see it on another route

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I love the title, I wonder how many people understand it.

I would prefer better products sold in the big store like in Gen 1. I really disliked the requirement to do the Battle Subway. While a good idea for post game play everything requires a ton of points when you receive very little.

In short I really just want better/more stuff sold. The way the store/market looks or is set up is unimportant.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
I wish it could be two stories with a vast amount of shops. I don't like the idea of selling pokemons. Forcing them against their will and go to a trainer they never met for money. Like what if they sold the Pokemon to Team Plasma? Pun there you get it okay. You don't okay

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
The department store in the new region in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y would have to be in a city this time, like it was with games before the Unova region, like Generation IV and earlier.

Most department stores only appear in a city, but what about the department store looking more like a real department store? It would be nice if they could return the lift in the department store, along with the escalators that keep moving, rather than start moving when you go on it.

What about the stuff they'd sell? Well I'm thinking they should have the same kinds of things as previous games, but I think they should also sell customization things like the rollerskates that we saw in the trailer, which I do assume they would be customization things.

Also, what about having a rooftop area? Where you could have seats and tables? It would be a really nice view from the rooftop.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah, I think I like your illustration better; Disney stores never even got close to competing with the excitement of going down to Toys R Us and running up and down the LEGO aisles stacked so high I could barely see the top. xD

...complete with a Girafarig head on the front, right? Mons R Us.

That said...a store that actually sells Pokemon would be nice. Accruing Game Coins to buy a Dratini always bothered me immensely in the past. Why not a store that sells them for cash? Recording time is hardly an issue, so they could get new stock in every day...maybe a shiny every now and then. It'd be a great way to get Pokemon not found in the wild or in that version, as well. I suppose it could be a Pokemon Pound of sorts, since selling Pokemon will probably have PETA up in arms or something, but surely buying them like pets is better than winning them through excessive gambling?

MONS R US. I LIKE IT.

Also selling Pokemon pets is awesome! You could play with them, buy Rare Candy for them (because mons r us would obv have candy, and awesome candy such as RARE CANDY), and take them home.

The question is whether GF are actually that creative to do it. ;(

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
How has this thread gone 15 posts without anyone mentioning the genius of Robin Sparkles? It's a travesty that I need to correct right now:

But... yeah. I can't imagine this department store being massively different from all of the others that came before it. Although the added graphical capabilities could mean the actual experience of shopping could be revamped to be more immersive. Like shopping for real, I guess!

Years
I've never really been that big of a fan of the Department store to be honest. I only really liked it when they sold stones, so the return of that would be nice! I also think it should be in the biggest city, regardless of where in your journey that may be. Who would actually put a hopping mall on a random road? The biggest profit is in the biggest city, regardless of being different or being late in a player's journey. I kno Pokemon isn't really realistic with many things, but it'd be nice if they were with this one!

As much as I'd like this, I kind of doubt this would happen. Pokemon has always stressed that pokemon are friends, and in the past the Game Corner was managed by Team Rocket. Although the one in Goldenrod didn't seem to have any ties if I remember correctly...

But rather than shinies (which are already becoming more and more available) I think it should be the other starters you didn't pick as well as version exclusives for the top prizes. Oh yeah, I was thinking this would be more like a Pokemon lottery XD Which I'm sure PETA would just LOVE.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I want to see a huge shopping mall. Knowing that it will be 3D I hope there will be a food court. I'll probably but all the food there unless I run out of cash. We could also probably have a place where you can buy clothes so you can customize your character and all those other fun stuff. But that probably will make Pokemon look more girly-ish and weird. Though it would be fun ;D

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I want to see a huge shopping mall. Knowing that it will be 3D I hope there will be a food court. I'll probably but all the food there unless I run out of cash. We could also probably have a place where you can buy clothes so you can customize your character and all those other fun stuff. But that probably will make Pokemon look more girly-ish and weird. Though it would be fun ;D

I would really love to see a food court in a Department Store, now that surely is something that hasn't happened yet. And who knows? It could also be a place where you can battle other trainers there as well.

Ah! Now something has struck my thought. I'm actually now thinking about a Shopping Centre rather than a Department Store, it could have everything that a Department Store has, but in different sections. It would be so cool to see a Shopping Centre in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, but I'm pretty sure that's similar to a mall anyways... which is in Pokémon Black/White and it's sequels.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
But rather than shinies (which are already becoming more and more available) I think it should be the other starters you didn't pick as well as version exclusives for the top prizes. Oh yeah, I was thinking this would be more like a Pokemon lottery XD Which I'm sure PETA would just LOVE.

Yeah a shopping center selling the other exclusives (rather than lotto, that's too hard!!) would be p awesome, and I don't think PETA would mind, given they were already Game Corner prizes :x

Back