Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 17th, 2013 (2:28 PM).
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
My life would suck without you
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 5,154
Kanto has its Power Plant, Johto has several windmills, Sinnoh had the Fuego Ironworks, etc to produce energy for the region. So what will be the region in X and Y's main energy source? Would you like to see something similar to what we have already had, or something completely new? Do you think it should play any role in the story?

Discuss!
__________________
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old January 17th, 2013 (2:52 PM).
scprepschool's Avatar
scprepschool scprepschool is offline
     
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: Mo f*%#$'n Pallet Town
    Gender:
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 412
    Solar panels?
    It really isnt too far fetched.
    Maybe we could see an evil corporation that produces solar panels for the region but knows that it generates energy from the legendary pkmn and has the region fooled that its picking up fr the sun. Which could lead to a scenario of legendarys reacting to this
    The team trying to get back in control of the legendaries
    Massive power outage all across the region
    Thugs and corp members loading the streets taking advantage of crisis and you capturing the legendary and bringing down an evil corporation

    Ahhh long winded rambles and run on sentences
    __________________
    Friend Code XY: 3625-8233-2439
    Safari type: fairy: togepi, jigglypuff,floette

    you gotta know that I adore you
    Reply With Quote
      #3    
    Old January 17th, 2013 (2:53 PM).
    Xander Olivieri's Avatar
    Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2010
      Gender: Other
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 5,601
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
      Kanto has its Power Plant, Johto has several windmills, Sinnoh had the Fuego Ironworks, etc to produce energy for the region. So what will be the region in X and Y's main energy source? Would you like to see something similar to what we have already had, or something completely new? Do you think it should play any role in the story?

      Discuss!
      I don't remember Johto having Windmills anywhere. Sinnoh had the windmills at Valley Windworks and Fuego Iron Works wasn't an energy supplying area, they just made steel or various items like the galactic bomb.

      I don't think there needs to be a "power plant" area as not all of the regions showed some. it would be cool, but really only nuclear and water energy sources haven't been used and the former doesn't seem like something they'd put in a game while the later could have been done in Hoenn or Unova, not to mention it would be pretty boring.

      Nothing is gunna beat Gen 1's Power Plant with Zapdos in it. XD
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #4    
      Old January 17th, 2013 (3:37 PM).
      vaporeon7's Avatar
      vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
      My life would suck without you
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2010
      Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 5,154
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
      I don't remember Johto having Windmills anywhere. Sinnoh had the windmills at Valley Windworks and Fuego Iron Works wasn't an energy supplying area, they just made steel or various items like the galactic bomb.



      I don't think there needs to be a "power plant" area as not all of the regions showed some. it would be cool, but really only nuclear and water energy sources haven't been used and the former doesn't seem like something they'd put in a game while the later could have been done in Hoenn or Unova, not to mention it would be pretty boring.



      Nothing is gunna beat Gen 1's Power Plant with Zapdos in it. XD


      You're right about Fuego Ironworks, but in HGSS, New Bark Town had windmills iicr. Anyway, I think a hydroelectric dam would be a neat idea.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #5    
      Old January 17th, 2013 (3:37 PM). Edited January 17th, 2013 by Blue.
      Blue's Avatar
      Blue Blue is offline
      dorks
      • Moderator
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Jan 2008
      Location: United Kingdom
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 19,808
      I hope they include Solar Panels, I've seen more of them recently over the years so it would be neat to see how they implement and utilize them into the games. They could convert energy to make a use for Solar Energy... somehow.

      Oh and do you mean these Windmills in HGSS?

      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #6    
      Old January 17th, 2013 (3:58 PM).
      Guy Guy is offline
      just a guy
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2008
      Location: Florida
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 7,190
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
      I hope they include Solar Panels, I've seen more of them recently over the years so it would be neat to see how they implement and utilize them into the games. They could convert energy to make a use for Solar Energy... somehow.

      Oh and do you mean these Windmills in HGSS?

      Spoiler:
      Sunyshore City was practically made of solar panels. I'm not sure how they'd top that, if they even wanted to, but I wouldn't be against it.

      New Bark Town probably did use those windmills as an energy supply ─ there's one for every house, including the lab ─ but I think they were more used for the basis of wind being an important element to the town.

      Anyway, even though I wouldn't say this region has to have a source of energy, I wouldn't mind seeing one...or two. I've always wanted to see a watermill being used, or better yet, an old and abandoned watermill. I think an area like that could turn out to be a lot of fun and in 3D it could look pretty amazing. A great location to find a mix of water and electric Pokémon. While a second power source could be located not far by and could be used as the region's or nearby town/city's new energy source.
      Reply With Quote
        #7    
      Old January 17th, 2013 (4:45 PM).
      Miss Doronjo's Avatar
      Miss Doronjo Miss Doronjo is offline
      Gaiden
         
        Join Date: Oct 2010
        Location: Toronto, Ontario
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 4,488
        Maybeeee this is a power facility:



        Although, it's kinda out of place because it's in a desert-like area... maybe it's some sort of power plant - nuclear maybe?
        __________________

        Hawthorne Guardian
        Moderator of Video Games
        Paired to: Perdition Haze

        Pokémon:PhoenixRising
        Sylvie
        Reply With Quote
          #8    
        Old January 17th, 2013 (6:00 PM).
        vaporeon7's Avatar
        vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
        My life would suck without you
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Aug 2010
        Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 5,154
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
        Maybeeee this is a power facility:



        Although, it's kinda out of place because it's in a desert-like area... maybe it's some sort of power plant - nuclear maybe?
        I think that might be an observatory in France. They look kind of similar.
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #9    
        Old January 18th, 2013 (7:39 AM).
        Platinum Lucario's Avatar
        Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
        The Legendary Master of Light!
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2008
        Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 1,561
        The only thing I can think of when it comes to an alternative to wind turbines as a power source... is solar panels to produce electricity. Solar panels haven't been used in any Pokémon games as of yet. I'm pretty sure Unova only had a few Wind Turbines in Nuvema Town, but that was it. While Hoenn had New Mauville as it's regional power source, Kanto had the Power Plant and Sinnoh had the Valley Windworks (which I'm pretty sure the power plant in Kanto powers the whole Johto region as well).

        I think Kanto, Sinnoh and Hoenn are the only regions that have a full regional power plant. Pokémon X and Pokémon Y would be a great opportunity for the developers at Game Freak to introduce solar panel type power plant.
        __________________
        [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
        If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
        Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
        It's time to change the future...
        to a positive direction!

        Let's prevent things from getting bad!

        I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
        Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
        Reply With Quote
          #10    
        Old January 19th, 2013 (9:13 AM).
        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
        10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
           
          Join Date: Apr 2010
          Location: Oregon
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Careful
          Posts: 17,344
          Well Plasma used Solar on their Frigate combined with Kyurem power. So the pokéworld might be beginning to get into Solar. If I recall correctly Galactic did research into energy...forget if it was solar or otherwise or if they even mentioned what kind of energy they were using as their disguise product. Either way Saturn and several others post defeat mention how they might actually do this, hopefully if these games are post DPPt we can see some of those gains.
          __________________
          # TeamRowlet
          I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
          https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
          https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
          Reply With Quote
            #11    
          Old January 19th, 2013 (12:35 PM).
          Zayphora's Avatar
          Zayphora Zayphora is offline
          Don't mess with the lights...
             
            Join Date: Apr 2012
            Location: Somewhere beyond the Veil
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Sassy
            Posts: 493
            Nuclear power plant FTW. It hasn't been used yet. They could totally include that in the story, and plus it allows for a few cool new Pokemon...maybe a Rotom evolution? They could also have it be some sort of accident...an ABANDONED plant would be super epic.

            I can totally believe that that building in the trailer is a nuclear power plant.

            If it's too controversial, then mebby we could have a dam. That would be cool...OOH! AND THE EVIL TEAM COULD BREAK IT AND THERE WOULD BE FISH EVERYWHERE LIKE IN PLATINUM! Lol that would be funny.
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #12    
            Old January 19th, 2013 (7:02 PM).
            Forever's Avatar
            Forever Forever is offline
            SACRED FIRE
            • Moderator
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Nov 2005
            Location: Queensland
            Age: 25
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Bold
            Posts: 35,272
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
            Nuclear power plant FTW. It hasn't been used yet. They could totally include that in the story, and plus it allows for a few cool new Pokemon...maybe a Rotom evolution? They could also have it be some sort of accident...an ABANDONED plant would be super epic.

            I can totally believe that that building in the trailer is a nuclear power plant.

            If it's too controversial, then mebby we could have a dam. That would be cool...OOH! AND THE EVIL TEAM COULD BREAK IT AND THERE WOULD BE FISH EVERYWHERE LIKE IN PLATINUM! Lol that would be funny.
            Ya I don't think the nuclear power plant would be received too well. I think Pokemon is aiming for clean energy, and alternatives to that, and if they went down that route it might be counter-productive. I mean, there's a sewer in Unova and generally that's waste but that's as far as I see them going really.
            __________________

            Celebrating Gold and Silver's Upcoming Virtual Console Release!
            moderator of the following games
            [ ]
            Reply With Quote
              #13    
            Old January 19th, 2013 (7:20 PM).
            Xander Olivieri's Avatar
            Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
               
              Join Date: Jun 2010
              Gender: Other
              Nature: Hasty
              Posts: 5,601
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Forever View Post
              Ya I don't think the nuclear power plant would be received too well. I think Pokemon is aiming for clean energy, and alternatives to that, and if they went down that route it might be counter-productive. I mean, there's a sewer in Unova and generally that's waste but that's as far as I see them going really.
              Castellia Sewer was pretty clean from what it looked like. Despite the Grimer inside. Even Celadon had a pond full of Grimer (which were there because of pollution according to the NPCs). Gamefreak is doing really well with the "clean" thing, they can probably find a way to make Nuclear energy clean.
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #14    
              Old January 19th, 2013 (7:33 PM).
              OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
              OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
              10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2010
                Location: Oregon
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Careful
                Posts: 17,344
                Well Nuclear power is clean minus the used fuel if all is contained. The only reason I don't see them using Nuclear is because of the whole nuclear issue in Japan after the quake, it'll upset people. The anime removed episodes dealing with quakes when ever there was one (the wishcash episode back in Advance and the Plasma episodes in Best Wishes) and destruction and while GF aren't in charge of the anime I can see them doing the same for the games. Though if I recall correctly the Kanto Plant is based on a Nuclear power plant in real life. And also an argument for there being a Nuclear Plant in these games is that France gets roughly 70 percent of it's electrical energy from Nuclear last time I checked (pre Japan quake).
                __________________
                # TeamRowlet
                I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                Reply With Quote
                  #15    
                Old January 19th, 2013 (7:33 PM).
                Guy Guy is offline
                just a guy
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2008
                Location: Florida
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 7,190
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
                The only thing I can think of when it comes to an alternative to wind turbines as a power source... is solar panels to produce electricity. Solar panels haven't been used in any Pokémon games as of yet. I'm pretty sure Unova only had a few Wind Turbines in Nuvema Town, but that was it. While Hoenn had New Mauville as it's regional power source, Kanto had the Power Plant and Sinnoh had the Valley Windworks (which I'm pretty sure the power plant in Kanto powers the whole Johto region as well).

                I think Kanto, Sinnoh and Hoenn are the only regions that have a full regional power plant. Pokémon X and Pokémon Y would be a great opportunity for the developers at Game Freak to introduce solar panel type power plant.
                If you're looking for a new energy source to be introduced, then solar panels wouldn't be it. Sunnyshore City in DPPt was practically built off of getting clean energy from solar paneling.

                I like the idea of having a dam or a nuclear power plant. I'm pretty sure GameFreak would find a way to make it clean as XanderO pointed out.
                Reply With Quote
                  #16    
                Old January 20th, 2013 (2:59 AM).
                Platinum Lucario's Avatar
                Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
                The Legendary Master of Light!
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 1,561
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
                If you're looking for a new energy source to be introduced, then solar panels wouldn't be it. Sunnyshore City in DPPt was practically built off of getting clean energy from solar paneling.

                I like the idea of having a dam or a nuclear power plant. I'm pretty sure GameFreak would find a way to make it clean as XanderO pointed out.
                Hm... Nuclear Power Plants, whenever I think about them I always think about how much they cause mutation in every animal that is born near any Nuclear Radiation. I don't think Game Freak would want to head in this sort of direction, especially after the Fukushima Nuclear Disaster. Besides, I think there's already one based off a Nuclear Power Plant in the Kanto region in Generation I.

                I'm thinking more about renewable energy, how about Hydropower, where water creates electricity from dams? Or what about Wave Energy, which is generated by the waves? It would nice to have those sort of renewable energy. ;)
                __________________
                [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
                If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
                Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
                It's time to change the future...
                to a positive direction!

                Let's prevent things from getting bad!

                I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
                Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
                Reply With Quote
                  #17    
                Old January 20th, 2013 (5:12 AM).
                sρεcтяα's Avatar
                sρεcтяα sρεcтяα is offline
                Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 65
                  Well, if this a region inspired by France, I think a nuclear power plant is most likely, to fit the theme. If they did go with nuclear power, however, I can see them either completely glossing it over and ignoring it because of the issues surrounding it, or making a central story element, which could be quite interesting, especially if there is more than one facility which you have to explore.

                  I'd quite like to see a geothermal facility, though; that could be interesting. A dam could look pretty impressive, though, especially if you can climb up and explore it.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #18    
                  Old January 20th, 2013 (6:47 AM).
                  Forever's Avatar
                  Forever Forever is offline
                  SACRED FIRE
                  • Moderator
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2005
                  Location: Queensland
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 35,272
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                  Well Nuclear power is clean minus the used fuel if all is contained. The only reason I don't see them using Nuclear is because of the whole nuclear issue in Japan after the quake, it'll upset people. The anime removed episodes dealing with quakes when ever there was one (the wishcash episode back in Advance and the Plasma episodes in Best Wishes) and destruction and while GF aren't in charge of the anime I can see them doing the same for the games. Though if I recall correctly the Kanto Plant is based on a Nuclear power plant in real life. And also an argument for there being a Nuclear Plant in these games is that France gets roughly 70 percent of it's electrical energy from Nuclear last time I checked (pre Japan quake).
                  Oh that's a good point in regards to the Power Plant. Yeah I think it's even less chance they'll be in the games. Maybe something designed LIKE a Nuclear Power plant but is clean and it never actually explains what the purpose behind it is, other than a source of energy!
                  __________________

                  Celebrating Gold and Silver's Upcoming Virtual Console Release!
                  moderator of the following games
                  [ ]
                  Reply With Quote
                  Reply
                  Quick Reply

                  Sponsored Links
                  Thread Tools

                  Posting Rules
                  You may not post new threads
                  You may not post replies
                  You may not post attachments
                  You may not edit your posts

                  BB code is On
                  Smilies are On
                  [IMG] code is On
                  HTML code is Off

                  Forum Jump


                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:24 AM.