• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I don't think we see too much of them, unfortunately. I mean, the ones I can think of off the top of my head are all very focused on in the game. Let's take Vaas for example, all the focus is on him, the enemy, and you; but in an RPG it's always gonna be on you. I know there are quite a few unique characters in Skyrim actually, if you follow the main quest you come across the weird and spectacular. That is why I love the game, so much variety.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I dunno why but I like unique game characters. There's a surprising amount of generic ones.
Oh god, I want your theme! H-H-H-HURRY UP and give it to me!

That reminds me, I need to go and get 100% on super hard mode. Toxic Landfill kicked my ass last time I tried. (But I can't get mad when it means I get to listen to the badasss BGM more.)

Years
Oh god, I want your theme! H-H-H-HURRY UP and give it to me!

That reminds me, I need to go and get 100% on super hard mode. Toxic Landfill kicked my ass last time I tried. (But I can't get mad when it means I get to listen to the badasss BGM more.)
Such a Wario freak...gosh, Spino! :3

I really hope they would really a new Yoshi game sometime soon. I'm guessing that the Wii U would be a good fit, something adventure-y. Or at least on the 3DS!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
It's very possible there's gonna be a Yoshi's Island game on the Wii U. Someone "accidently" hacked the Wii U (he got the Wii U before the street date and when he got on miiverse he had admin powers) and when he looked at the listed game "Yoshi's Land Wii U" or something like that was listed. (Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy were listed as well.)

To be honest, I don't care. Yoshi's Island is, imo, a terribly overrated game that has nothing special. As a platformer, it's abysmal, because Yoshi controls horrible and the only way to die is by falling because it's easy to get back Baby Mario. It's basically a collectathon mixed with Mario Bros.. Level design is the only thing that it has going for it, but with the the bad physics and easy difficulty they're completely neutralized.

Wario Land and Donkey Kong Country are better. Hell, Wario and DK are better than Yoshi in general, I don't get the love for the green dinosaur.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I really think Yoshi's Island has some of the tightest controls in any platformer ever - the jump works perfectly, and the ability to hover to squeeze a little more distance out is fantastic, I mean I like Donkey Kong Country but the characters always felt a little too weighty for my tastes.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yoshi feels too floaty to me, and I'm not a fan of the eggs mechanics. (Ruins the pace) Yeah, DK and Diddy weren't much in the original trilogy, but at least it's more about traditional, precise platforming. (Especially DKC2.) DKCR however, had the perfect control physics, and I consider it the best in the series.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I tried playing Fiery Cavern earlier, and it being my first playthrough of the game, and I couldn't beat it. Gonna go back to it later.

I have to agree. I've played the GBA version, idk if the physics are any different on the SNES version, but I really like the physics and controls..
Fiery Cavern's easy when you know one thing: You can kill the ape by butt stomping on it.
I had trouble at first but it was a breeze getting everything in it. (Except in Hard when I couldn't find the last jewel.)
Game's really easy, even in Hard mode. (I knew all secrets beforehand except for the Ruby and Sapphire levels, but I managed myself.) It's until super hard mode when you start dying every time. Emerald Passage, which is the easiest, is imo the hardest in super hard because of the fact you start with one health and the enemy placement is the WORST. (Know that alligator in Monsoon Jungle? There's two/three of them each section.) The red spearmasks in Wildflower Field were also absolutely dreadful, and I didn't change their colors because I was aiming for the golden crown. (Though turned out I had a lot of unnecessary points at the end because of that lol.)
Though so far Ruby passage might beat it. I only beat Topaz and Emerald.

I should give Yoshi's Island another try. My memory might be hazy about it. I still don't like the pacing and mechanics.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have really great memories of my mom despising that game in particular because constant baby crying all the time because I was miserable at it, hahaha. So I love it for nostalgia purposes only!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'm sure everyone is guilty of nostalgia. Mario Sunshine is my favorite Mario because it's my first one.
On another note, I finished Hotel Dusk. Can't say I didn't see that twist coming, but damn.

Also shameless advertising, but I did a video of Elite Beat Agents. Whatcha think? (Sound is a BIT off sync, so sorry about that.)

Years
Spino, nice beats there! One quote at the end that struck me "Your Mum sure is pretty" "I know"...wow. xD

Years
Ahh, more Wario games. That key really looks like it could be a potential Pokemon.

I'm working on a Let's Play currently, gonna have it up sometime in not too long. As for my next review, I'm just waiting for some CSS to be done :3

Years
Yay, another Yoshi's Island fan! But I do seriously hope a remake of that game is in order, I would be playing that like a madman. With new graphics possibilities, mechanics and everything, the game would work so well on the Wii U/3DS.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I never played Yoshi's Island more than a day :c I really need to get on that!! If they make one for 3DS I would get it! I have so many games to finish though! I am the worst with finishing games!!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Steam finally got me into the habit of buying games that I don't play...usually I buy games and play them immediately, because I buy games so rarely, but when I can pick up 3 or 4 games for 10 bucks, I'll just forget I have them and never play them :(

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
How many people have Mario Kart 7? I've been looking for some people to play with lately and I haven't had a lot of luck. D:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I have Mario Kart 7, and I've pretty much unlocked everything in that game. I haven't challenged people online for a while because I've got my hands full on finishing Paper Mario and Pokemon White 2.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I just got it less than a week ago, so I've only beaten everything on 50CC right now... so I would probably be laughed at online ;)

Years
I remember when I used to play Mariokart Wii hours on end. I unlocked all characters and races, and then I always used Yoshi after that. Aww Yoshi and his Cucumber Kart...I loved that Dinosaur <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back