ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #23576    
Old January 20th, 2013 (9:16 AM).
Andrut's Avatar
Andrut Andrut is offline
Collecting dust since 1898
     
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: Warsaw, Poland
    Age: 19
    Posts: 286
    what is the number in UNLZ-GBA for the type images ( those but for the third gen) in FR and Emerald?
    Thanks
    __________________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymous
    Florges
    It's a forest guardian that pities how bad a type Grass is, so it gets moves to help out Grass-types, but is smart enough not to be Grass-type itself. The appearance is simply mimicry to hide from humans.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #23577    
    Old January 20th, 2013 (9:29 AM).
    QuartierGenerale QuartierGenerale is offline
       
      Join Date: Oct 2012
      Posts: 53
      A rapid question: how a tile became a fishing one?

      I've created tiles for mountain lakes; but when i try to fish, the game say: "DAD's advice: there's a time and place for.." and i cannot fish.
        #23578    
      Old January 20th, 2013 (10:08 AM). Edited January 20th, 2013 by FBI.
      FBI's Avatar
      FBI FBI is offline
      Free supporter
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Jan 2013
      Location: Unknown Island
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 1,769
      Quote:
      A rapid question: how a tile became a fishing one?

      I've created tiles for mountain lakes; but when i try to fish, the game say: "DAD's advice: there's a time and place for.." and i cannot fish.
      I'm not sure which properties effect what when it comes to fishing, but in advance map there are two things that all "fishable" water tiles have in common. If you open the block editor and hover over a certain water tile (not the puddle), you'll find they all share these two things:

      Behaviour Byte of: 15 04
      Background Byte of: 00 22

      Match your custom tiles to have these values (found in the block editor of Advance Map) and it should work (I hope ).


      EDIT:
      Now I have a question
      Can I just use variables instead of using flags altogether? I mean of course there are certain flags like the Pokedex flag that are special, but I mean for events and such, is there a disadvantage to using variables over flags?
        #23579    
      Old January 20th, 2013 (1:35 PM).
      karatekid552's Avatar
      karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
      What happens if I push it?....
         
        Join Date: Nov 2012
        Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 1,766
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
        Quote:
        A rapid question: how a tile became a fishing one?

        I've created tiles for mountain lakes; but when i try to fish, the game say: "DAD's advice: there's a time and place for.." and i cannot fish.
        I'm not sure which properties effect what when it comes to fishing, but in advance map there are two things that all "fishable" water tiles have in common. If you open the block editor and hover over a certain water tile (not the puddle), you'll find they all share these two things:

        Behaviour Byte of: 15 04
        Background Byte of: 00 22

        Match your custom tiles to have these values (found in the block editor of Advance Map) and it should work (I hope ).


        EDIT:
        Now I have a question
        Can I just use variables instead of using flags altogether? I mean of course there are certain flags like the Pokedex flag that are special, but I mean for events and such, is there a disadvantage to using variables over flags?
        Not really, flags can be set to either 0x0 or 0x1. Vars can do that, and then much more. So, really they are the same.

        They're like light switches. Some just turn on and off wheras some can be adjusted to all different levels of light. It seems to be just your prefrance.
        __________________

        Paired with Simba
          #23580    
        Old January 20th, 2013 (3:00 PM).
        Enso Enso is offline
           
          Join Date: Jan 2012
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 3
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
          That part of the ROM seems to deal with the connections between each map, there are quite a lot of zeroes around there so I'm guessing that you overwrote the data there when trying to insert something (a map, script, tiles etc). A quick fix would be to make a back up of your ROM, open it in a HEX editor, goto (Ctrl+G) 0x486828 and replace what's written there with '0C 68 48 08'. That would be the very least you can do to make that error disappear, but it would be better to compare that section of your edited Emerald ROM to one that hasn't been modified in any way and then replace your edited data with what's there.

          Since you're starting out I can understand that it could be a bit hard to do this, but its the simplest thing I can think of to remedy your problem.
          I compared the section with a clean version like you suggested and changed the values with a hex editor (Gold Finger). The error changed from the previous one to an "Access Violation Error". Seeing this I tried removing connections to the map(the connection errors were centered around route101) but when I removed a connection A-Map kept crashing. After doing this for awhile I finally removed the connections and the error was gone.

          Thank you for your help!

          However now I'm having connection problems with another map(oldale town). I've been doing some finagling with the hex editor along with removing connections through A-Map to fix it
          But my question is, Is there a program or anything like a map or website to aid me in finding the values for other connections, etc. or is that something I have to deduce on my own?
            #23581    
          Old January 20th, 2013 (3:17 PM).
          Manganum's Avatar
          Manganum Manganum is offline
          Your local sine wave
             
            Join Date: Feb 2010
            Location: Brutal Techno Rage Aquarium
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 145
            Hmm... I've finally decided to migrate from using a-text (it's way too buggy) to modifying the actual scripts of the game, but there's one thing that I can't seem to wrap my head around (even with the dozens of Pokescript tutorials on PC). Say I wanted to edit the dialogue of an existing NPC, but I wanted to make it longer. How do I do this without creating a bunch of errors (like the next section of dialogue spilling into it)? I know I can just copy the script over to a larger hex value, but how do I find out the minimum amount of bytes I'll need?

            Maybe I'm just overlooking some really simple detail...

            EDIT: Actually, I don't think it's Pokescript... All of FR's original scripts start with #org 0x(insert value here) while the tutorials I'm looking at use #dynamic.
            Basically, I just have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, and I'd be really grateful for some help
            __________________
            It's all in the Music.

            The Music


            Pendulum - The Terminal
            Danny Byrd - Ill Behavior
            Netsky - Love Has Gone

            The Projects


            Unnamed DnB project
            Composition for rehearsals

            The Inspiration


            Pendulum
            Blackmill
            Enter Shikari

              #23582    
            Old January 20th, 2013 (3:37 PM).
            FBI's Avatar
            FBI FBI is offline
            Free supporter
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2013
            Location: Unknown Island
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 1,769
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Manganum View Post
            Hmm... I've finally decided to migrate from using a-text (it's way too buggy) to modifying the actual scripts of the game, but there's one thing that I can't seem to wrap my head around (even with the dozens of Pokescript tutorials on PC). Say I wanted to edit the dialogue of an existing NPC, but I wanted to make it longer. How do I do this without creating a bunch of errors (like the next section of dialogue spilling into it)? I know I can just copy the script over to a larger hex value, but how do I find out the minimum amount of bytes I'll need?

            Maybe I'm just overlooking some really simple detail...

            EDIT: Actually, I don't think it's Pokescript... All of FR's original scripts start with #org 0x(insert value here) while the tutorials I'm looking at use #dynamic.
            Basically, I just have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, and I'd be really grateful for some help
            Tip #1:
            Save yourself the time now and switch to XSE or PKSV as a script editor

            As for the actual question, you need to use the new line charachter which is simple "\n", after the first use of "\n" you use "\l" for each following next line command. You can also use "\p" to start with a fresh textbox, this can be used anywhere in the text output part.

            It's actually covered in many tutorials, mostly at the start. Though you should swap script editors so you have more resources to look at.
              #23583    
            Old January 20th, 2013 (3:39 PM).
            Logan's Avatar
            Logan Logan is offline
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Nov 2008
            Location: Salisbury, England
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Sassy
            Posts: 10,028
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Manganum View Post
            Hmm... I've finally decided to migrate from using a-text (it's way too buggy) to modifying the actual scripts of the game, but there's one thing that I can't seem to wrap my head around (even with the dozens of Pokescript tutorials on PC). Say I wanted to edit the dialogue of an existing NPC, but I wanted to make it longer. How do I do this without creating a bunch of errors (like the next section of dialogue spilling into it)? I know I can just copy the script over to a larger hex value, but how do I find out the minimum amount of bytes I'll need?

            Maybe I'm just overlooking some really simple detail...

            EDIT: Actually, I don't think it's Pokescript... All of FR's original scripts start with #org 0x(insert value here) while the tutorials I'm looking at use #dynamic.
            Basically, I just have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, and I'd be really grateful for some help :(
            I recommend you use eXtreme Script Editor (XSE) by HackMew it's much more efficient and better overall.

            Basically the #dynamic allows you to use a dynamic offset that lets the script decide where to put the script commands in the ROM, rather having to choose where every message box and applymovement goes. To use a dynamic offset you use #org @start and the beginning and when you compile the script you copy the offset that XSE assigns to @start and use that as your person's script offset in A-Map.

            A generic person script (which is what I think you want to use would look like this):

            Code:
            #dynamic 0x800000 'this means that the script starts using free space available from the offset you have specified
            
            #org @start 'this starts the script 
            msgbox @msg1 MSG_FACE 'the msgbox command brings up a message box, the @msg1 is a pointer to your actual message and the MSG_FACE is the type of message box you want to use (there is six overall, MSG_FACE has lock, faceplayer and release commands built in and is the best for generic people scripts)
            end 'this ends the script
            
            #org @msg1 'here is where you type your message
            = Hi, this is a generic message script. 'I also recommend you use XSE's built in Text Adjuster as it separates the message onto different lines for you so it doesn't overspill
            __________________
            Wait, I saw bare kicks, saw bare clothes
            Said psyduck that, I can't wear those
            I don't like them, they're not my ting
            They went silent, they're all weirdos
              #23584    
            Old January 20th, 2013 (3:46 PM).
            FBI's Avatar
            FBI FBI is offline
            Free supporter
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2013
            Location: Unknown Island
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 1,769
            Is XSE better than PKSVUI?
            I thought otherwise due to the longer name :D
            __________________
            ...
              #23585    
            Old January 20th, 2013 (3:48 PM). Edited January 20th, 2013 by Manganum.
            Manganum's Avatar
            Manganum Manganum is offline
            Your local sine wave
               
              Join Date: Feb 2010
              Location: Brutal Techno Rage Aquarium
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 145
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
              Tip #1:
              Save yourself the time now and switch to XSE or PKSV as a script editor

              As for the actual question, you need to use the new line charachter which is simple "\n", after the first use of "\n" you use "\l" for each following next line command. You can also use "\p" to start with a fresh textbox, this can be used anywhere in the text output part.

              It's actually covered in many tutorials, mostly at the start. Though you should swap script editors so you have more resources to look at.
              Yeah, I am using XSE... Creating a new line isn't the issue, it's the fact that if the dialogue I want has more characters than the text I'm replacing, it'll cut off halfway through and just go directly to the next section.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
              I recommend you use eXtreme Script Editor (XSE) by HackMew it's much more efficient and better overall.

              Basically the #dynamic allows you to use a dynamic offset that lets the script decide where to put the script commands in the ROM, rather having to choose where every message box and applymovement goes. To use a dynamic offset you use #org @start and the beginning and when you compile the script you copy the offset that XSE assigns to @start and use that as your person's script offset in A-Map.

              A generic person script (which is what I think you want to use would look like this):

              Code:
              #dynamic 0x800000 'this means that the script starts using free space available from the offset you have specified
              
              #org @start 'this starts the script 
              msgbox @msg1 MSG_FACE 'the msgbox command brings up a message box, the @msg1 is a pointer to your actual message and the MSG_FACE is the type of message box you want to use (there is six overall, MSG_FACE has lock, faceplayer and release commands built in and is the best for generic people scripts)
              end 'this ends the script
              
              #org @msg1 'here is where you type your message
              = Hi, this is a generic message script. 'I also recommend you use XSE's built in Text Adjuster as it separates the message onto different lines for you so it doesn't overspill
              I am using XSE D: I'm using it through Advance Map, so that I know exactly where the NPCs I'm editing are located... As I said back up there^, the text running off the actual textbox wasn't the issue; it's the fact that if the text I replace is shorter than the text I want, the game cuts off the new text at the point where the old dialogue would have finished, and the next section replaces the rest of the new dialogue. This sort of thing:

              Code:
              Excuse me, you looked at me, diYou're mean!
              Exactly what I'm trying to do is edit a Lass to say "KOINO: I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!". This is the original script:

              Code:
              '-----------------------
              #org 0x1A94FF
              trainerbattle 0x0 0x74 0x0 0x8183616 0x818363F
              special2 LASTRESULT 0x39
              compare LASTRESULT 0x1
              if 0x1 goto 0x81A9526
              msgbox 0x818364C '"You shouldn't be staring if you\ndo..."
              callstd 0x6
              end
              
              '-----------------------
              #org 0x1A9526
              trainerbattle 0x5 0x74 0x0 0x81C14F3 0x818363F
              msgbox 0x818364C '"You shouldn't be staring if you\ndo..."
              callstd 0x6
              end
              
              
              '---------
              ' Strings
              '---------
              #org 0x183616
              = Excuse me!\nYou looked at me, didn't you?
              
              #org 0x18363F
              = You're mean!
              
              #org 0x18364C
              = You shouldn't be staring if you\ndon't want to battle!
              
              #org 0x1C14F3
              = Excuse me!\nYou keep looking at me, don't you?
              Copying the script to 0x800000 doesn't work, even though I change every "1A94FF" (which is this script's offset) to "800000". Then again, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong...
              __________________
              It's all in the Music.

              The Music


              Pendulum - The Terminal
              Danny Byrd - Ill Behavior
              Netsky - Love Has Gone

              The Projects


              Unnamed DnB project
              Composition for rehearsals

              The Inspiration


              Pendulum
              Blackmill
              Enter Shikari

                #23586    
              Old January 20th, 2013 (3:57 PM).
              FBI's Avatar
              FBI FBI is offline
              Free supporter
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2013
              Location: Unknown Island
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 1,769
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Manganum View Post
              Yeah, I am using XSE... Creating a new line isn't the issue, it's the fact that if the dialogue I want has more characters than the text I'm replacing, it'll cut off halfway through and just go directly to the next section.



              I am using XSE D: I'm using it through Advance Map, so that I know exactly where the NPCs I'm editing are located... As I said back up there^, the text running off the actual textbox wasn't the issue; it's the fact that if the text I replace is shorter than the text I want, the game cuts off the new text at the point where the old dialogue would have finished, and the next section replaces the rest of the new dialogue. This sort of thing:

              Code:
              Excuse me, you looked at me, diYou're mean!

              Oh, now I understand. Sorry, I thought you were making scripts and you had text leaking. If you're already using "\n" and it's similar counterparts, then I guess you're editing existing scripts. In that case, you need to change the dynamic offset (the thing you see that says #dynamic 0xnumber). I'm not sure if you have to, but I'd guess you'd have to change the offset for that specific text too. Meaning if there is a command like:

              msgbox 0x834712
              You should change that 0xvalue into just a simple @word. Make sure you modify all instances of 0xvalue into @word. More clearly:

              compiled script:

              (notice in the already compiled script there is no #dynamic, you need to add it!)
              #org 0x532940
              msgbox 0x824521
              end

              #org 0x824521
              = EPIC TEXT!

              after you change and recompile should be:

              #dynamic 0x8000000 (I think 800000 popular, but theoretically you should be able to use anything)
              #org 0x532940
              msgbox @text
              end

              #org @text
              = MY NEW EPIC TEXT!!!\nIT'S NEW HOMIE
                #23587    
              Old January 20th, 2013 (4:23 PM).
              Manganum's Avatar
              Manganum Manganum is offline
              Your local sine wave
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2010
                Location: Brutal Techno Rage Aquarium
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 145
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
                Oh, now I understand. Sorry, I thought you were making scripts and you had text leaking. If you're already using "\n" and it's similar counterparts, then I guess you're editing existing scripts. In that case, you need to change the dynamic offset (the thing you see that says #dynamic 0xnumber). I'm not sure if you have to, but I'd guess you'd have to change the offset for that specific text too. Meaning if there is a command like:

                msgbox 0x834712
                You should change that 0xvalue into just a simple @word. Make sure you modify all instances of 0xvalue into @word. More clearly:

                compiled script:

                (notice in the already compiled script there is no #dynamic, you need to add it!)
                #org 0x532940
                msgbox 0x824521
                end

                #org 0x824521
                = EPIC TEXT!

                after you change and recompile should be:

                #dynamic 0x8000000 (I think 800000 popular, but theoretically you should be able to use anything)
                #org 0x532940
                msgbox @text
                end

                #org @text
                = MY NEW EPIC TEXT!!!\nIT'S NEW HOMIE
                I'm getting far too confused by this D: I might just have to shorten the text I want to add...
                For some reason, changing the script's offset to 800000 makes the NPC only say one line. No battle, no other dialogue, just the line from after you've already beaten them.

                Ah well
                __________________
                It's all in the Music.

                The Music


                Pendulum - The Terminal
                Danny Byrd - Ill Behavior
                Netsky - Love Has Gone

                The Projects


                Unnamed DnB project
                Composition for rehearsals

                The Inspiration


                Pendulum
                Blackmill
                Enter Shikari

                  #23588    
                Old January 20th, 2013 (4:25 PM).
                karatekid552's Avatar
                karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                What happens if I push it?....
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2012
                  Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 1,766
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Enso View Post
                  I compared the section with a clean version like you suggested and changed the values with a hex editor (Gold Finger). The error changed from the previous one to an "Access Violation Error". Seeing this I tried removing connections to the map(the connection errors were centered around route101) but when I removed a connection A-Map kept crashing. After doing this for awhile I finally removed the connections and the error was gone.

                  Thank you for your help!

                  However now I'm having connection problems with another map(oldale town). I've been doing some finagling with the hex editor along with removing connections through A-Map to fix it
                  But my question is, Is there a program or anything like a map or website to aid me in finding the values for other connections, etc. or is that something I have to deduce on my own?
                  You can deduce it on your own, or you could let A-map tell you a general location. Go into A-map and hit ctrl+H, this will switch you to professional header view. From there, go under header and all of your offsets for the starting locations of the tables and such will be laid out.
                  __________________

                  Paired with Simba
                    #23589    
                  Old January 20th, 2013 (4:31 PM).
                  FBI's Avatar
                  FBI FBI is offline
                  Free supporter
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2013
                  Location: Unknown Island
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 1,769
                  Code:
                  #dynamic 0x800000
                  #org @start
                  trainerbattle 0x0 0x74 0x0 @start @defeat
                  special2 LASTRESULT 0x39
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                  if 0x1 goto @rematch
                  msgbox @after '"You shouldn't be staring if you\ndo..."
                  callstd 0x6
                  end
                  
                  '-----------------------
                  #org @rematch
                  trainerbattle 0x5 0x74 0x0 @rematchStart @defeat
                  msgbox @after '"You shouldn't be staring if you\ndo..."
                  callstd 0x6
                  end
                  
                  
                  '---------
                  ' Strings
                  '---------
                  #org @start
                  = Excuse me!\nYou looked at me, didn't you?
                  
                  #org @defeat
                  = You're mean!
                  
                  #org @rematchStart
                  = You shouldn't be staring if you\ndon't want to battle!
                  
                  #org @after
                  = Excuse me!\nYou keep looking at me, don't you?
                  I just changed up the offsets for you. Take notice at which ones I changed and that I added #dynamic and changed that #org 0xmessOfNumbers into #org @start. Now you should be able to add custom text, compile it, and put it into Amap.
                  __________________
                  ...
                    #23590    
                  Old January 20th, 2013 (7:26 PM).
                  Nara567's Avatar
                  Nara567 Nara567 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2010
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Careful
                    Posts: 34
                    Well, I've got some connection problems. I have two maps that I want to connect, so I connected them together. However, when I checked in-game, one map connected with the other, but not the other way around.

                    I went back into AMap to check, and both were still connected.. Not sure what happened.
                      #23591    
                    Old January 20th, 2013 (9:26 PM).
                    Enso Enso is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2012
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 3
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                      You can deduce it on your own, or you could let A-map tell you a general location. Go into A-map and hit ctrl+H, this will switch you to professional header view. From there, go under header and all of your offsets for the starting locations of the tables and such will be laid out.
                      AWESOME this will help a lot, thanks!
                        #23592    
                      Old January 21st, 2013 (12:27 AM).
                      ShyRayq's Avatar
                      ShyRayq ShyRayq is offline
                      Unprofessional Unprofessional
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2007
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 1,482
                        Hello fellow hackers.

                        So, I'm trying to create a new rival battle, so I create the new trainer, making his name TERRY, to fit with the others.
                        But when I battle him, he is still "TERRY".
                        Does anyone know how to change it so that a trainer's name becomes the rival's name?

                        Thanks
                        __________________
                        3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-3902
                        IGN: Peter; (X, Y, OR, AS, M)
                        Friend Safari: (Fighting) Throh, Meditite, Breloom
                        Living Pokedex Complete: LG, E, Pl, Y, OR, M
                        Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

                        PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
                          #23593    
                        Old January 21st, 2013 (3:20 AM).
                        FBI's Avatar
                        FBI FBI is offline
                        Free supporter
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2013
                        Location: Unknown Island
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 1,769
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Nara567 View Post
                        Well, I've got some connection problems. I have two maps that I want to connect, so I connected them together. However, when I checked in-game, one map connected with the other, but not the other way around.

                        I went back into AMap to check, and both were still connected.. Not sure what happened.
                        Go to your second map in Amap and connect that to the first map :D
                        Also make sure your second map and first map are connected solely to eachother (in the direction). For example is X-map is connected to B-map up, then B-map must be connected to X-map down (and only X-map down).

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
                        Hello fellow hackers.

                        So, I'm trying to create a new rival battle, so I create the new trainer, making his name TERRY, to fit with the others.
                        But when I battle him, he is still "TERRY".
                        Does anyone know how to change it so that a trainer's name becomes the rival's name?

                        Thanks
                        I actually wanna know this too. I have never tried. Whenever I wanted a rival battle I always used an existing rival battle ID-thing for it.
                          #23594    
                        Old January 21st, 2013 (3:41 AM).
                        QuartierGenerale QuartierGenerale is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2012
                          Posts: 53
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
                          I'm not sure which properties effect what when it comes to fishing, but in advance map there are two things that all "fishable" water tiles have in common. If you open the block editor and hover over a certain water tile (not the puddle), you'll find they all share these two things:

                          Behaviour Byte of: 15 04
                          Background Byte of: 00 22

                          Match your custom tiles to have these values (found in the block editor of Advance Map) and it should work (I hope ).
                          In truth those bytes are not as you say; for example the lake bytes are:

                          Behaviour: 10 00
                          Background: 00 10

                          Infact the second of behaviour and the first of background isn't changeable from AdvanceMap. I've still reproduced that bytes on my new block, but nothing happens.

                          So i think the way is another, but thanks for reply

                          If anyone have another idea, i'm here
                            #23595    
                          Old January 21st, 2013 (6:34 AM).
                          Nara567's Avatar
                          Nara567 Nara567 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2010
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Careful
                            Posts: 34
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
                            Go to your second map in Amap and connect that to the first map :D
                            Also make sure your second map and first map are connected solely to eachother (in the direction). For example is X-map is connected to B-map up, then B-map must be connected to X-map down (and only X-map down).
                            That's the problem, they're both connected.
                              #23596    
                            Old January 21st, 2013 (7:55 AM). Edited January 21st, 2013 by karatekid552.
                            karatekid552's Avatar
                            karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                            What happens if I push it?....
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2012
                              Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Bold
                              Posts: 1,766
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Nara567 View Post
                              That's the problem, they're both connected.
                              Everyone in a while this happens to me. Go into map connections and write down all of the connections for each map. Then delete them all. Now, reinsert them in a different order. Now, make sure that you can, using opposite arrow buttons, click back and forth between each map. Just like FBI agent said, if you click up to go to one, click down to go to the other. This should solve your problem by essentially resetting everything.
                              __________________

                              Paired with Simba
                                #23597    
                              Old January 21st, 2013 (8:58 AM).
                              Jambo51's Avatar
                              Jambo51 Jambo51 is offline
                              Glory To Arstotzka
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2009
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Quiet
                                Posts: 732
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
                                I actually wanna know this too. I have never tried. Whenever I wanted a rival battle I always used an existing rival battle ID-thing for it.
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
                                Hello fellow hackers.

                                So, I'm trying to create a new rival battle, so I create the new trainer, making his name TERRY, to fit with the others.
                                But when I battle him, he is still "TERRY".
                                Does anyone know how to change it so that a trainer's name becomes the rival's name?

                                Thanks
                                You're using the wrong RIVAL class. There are 2 in FR/LG, the first (nearest the top of the class list) is a clone of RSE's one, making it useless in this circumstance. You need to use the second, later, one to get the desired behaviour.
                                __________________
                                Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
                                  #23598    
                                Old January 21st, 2013 (4:25 PM).
                                ShyRayq's Avatar
                                ShyRayq ShyRayq is offline
                                Unprofessional Unprofessional
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2007
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 1,482
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                                  You're using the wrong RIVAL class. There are 2 in FR/LG, the first (nearest the top of the class list) is a clone of RSE's one, making it useless in this circumstance. You need to use the second, later, one to get the desired behaviour.
                                  Okay, it worked. Thanks Jambo
                                  __________________
                                  3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-3902
                                  IGN: Peter; (X, Y, OR, AS, M)
                                  Friend Safari: (Fighting) Throh, Meditite, Breloom
                                  Living Pokedex Complete: LG, E, Pl, Y, OR, M
                                  Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

                                  PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
                                    #23599    
                                  Old January 21st, 2013 (6:41 PM).
                                  deathsnipex deathsnipex is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2011
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 2
                                    I am having a similar problem to Nara567.

                                    I've created 2 custom maps (I am making a game including all 3 regions, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn)
                                    I have place the 2 maps in a separate (new) bank under the bank no. 43.0 (New bark Town) and 43.1 (route 29)
                                    I joined the maps using the reciprocal offsets and the correct bank number and map numbers.
                                    In Adv Map they show they're connected and you can go between them flawlessly.
                                    Although in game I cannot access either and they're surrounded by their border blocks.
                                    If it's any help. I've used a warp access New bark town from Pallet Town
                                    Rom: Fire-red
                                      #23600    
                                    Old January 21st, 2013 (7:24 PM).
                                    karatekid552's Avatar
                                    karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                    What happens if I push it?....
                                       
                                      Join Date: Nov 2012
                                      Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Bold
                                      Posts: 1,766
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by deathsnipex View Post
                                      I am having a similar problem to Nara567.

                                      I've created 2 custom maps (I am making a game including all 3 regions, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn)
                                      I have place the 2 maps in a separate (new) bank under the bank no. 43.0 (New bark Town) and 43.1 (route 29)
                                      I joined the maps using the reciprocal offsets and the correct bank number and map numbers.
                                      In Adv Map they show they're connected and you can go between them flawlessly.
                                      Although in game I cannot access either and they're surrounded by their border blocks.
                                      If it's any help. I've used a warp access New bark town from Pallet Town
                                      Rom: Fire-red
                                      My response is exactly what I said to Nara567, unless I can see the problem first hand. I wouldn't mind if you sent me the .ips to look at. I've had many a hard time with map connections before but I can usally fix them if I play around enough.
                                      __________________

                                      Paired with Simba
                                      Closed Thread
                                      Quick Reply

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:48 AM.