• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Opponents with Revives

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
...wait, what? NO!

The trainers that had Revives would almost certainly be Elite Four members...or, if it was Gym Leaders with Revives, E4 members would have Max Revives instead. Now, I like a challenge as much as the next person - the items the E4's Pokemon had in Challenge Mode in B2/W2 didn't make them much more difficult, but I guess it's the thought that counts - but the thought of finally knocking out an E4 member's strongest Pokemon, only to have them bring it back up to full strength with a Max Revive...just the thought of that makes something inside me die.

Limit the use of Revives in certain battles, or even items in general, but please don't give them to other trainers; I think I'd probably cry if that ever happened...or overlevel to such a degree that it wouldn't matter either way. There is a challenge, and then there is cruel sadism, and that definitely falls into the latter category.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
If this were to happen, this would make some people really angry. "Yes I am about to be the Elite Four!"
"[Insert Last Elite Four Trainer here] uses revive!" Ultimate troll moment

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Nah, I wouldn't want opponents with Revives because as it might be cool to earn a bit more EXP, they might use them on a strong 'mon I defeated, making the battle hard again, especially if the item was a Max Revive.

Hmmm yes, but isn't it nice to get a challenge again? The last few games have been too easy and I believe they should be harder, or at least have an option. Revives would make it just that little bit harder, and it would sure mix things up. I'm not sure the the NPC's would use them at the correct times though. For example, both Pokemon at low HP, and your opponents is faster. Instead of knocking your Pokemon out, they use a revive. I wouldn't want them to have revives if they didn't use them properly.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I would be very, very angry if I was fighting a tough E4 member and they used a Revive.

Back