• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Of The Year - What's Yours?

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I didn't get very many games last year, but of those that I did get, one that really stuck out to me was Dishonored. I found myself drawn to Dunwall in much the same way I was drawn to Rapture when I first played BioShock; the grimy streets filled with downtrodden peasants infected with plague and terror created a fantastic atmosphere and, whilst the story left a lot to be desired and it was far too short for my liking, the freedom to play how you chose was fantastic.

My first playthrough I went all the way through it without being detected at all (after numerous reloads) and the second I just carved my way through everything, and both were infinitely satisfying approaches. I've played similar games, but it had enough originality in its presentation to captivate me. I absolutely love steampunk as well, so that was an added bonus; the tallboys were nothing so much as armoured guards on stilts with rocket launchers, but they were an interesting addition. It's a shame that there probably won't be a sequel (although I suppose a prequel might be possible) but it was fun whilst it lasted.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I can't say I was wowed by anything from 2012. I'd have to say Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. I consider myself a kart racing nut, and it was also a massive ball of nostalgic goodness. Not only that, but I feel like it's the best kart racer in a long time.

Back