• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The In-Game Trades

Sirfetch’d

In Pokemon Black and White versions just like previous generations there were multiple In-game trades available to you. Some of these trades, however, differed depending on the versions. The trades were:

Pokemon Black exclusive:
548.png
You received this Petilil(Lillil) for a Cottonee.

550.png
You recieved this Basculin(Redeye) for a Minccino

Pokemon White exclusive:

546.png
You received this Cottonee(Fluffee) for a Petilil
550-b.png
You received this Basculin(Blueye) for a Minccino

Both Versions:

587.png
You received this Emolga(Minipete) for a Boldore.

479.png
You received this Rotom(Eeks) for a Ditto

446.png
And in the summer only you receive this Munchlax(Gorge) for a Cinccino.

What did you think of these trades? Did you do them? Did you use the Pokemon? Were they fair trades? Do you wish that maybe there were more trades? Did you like the fact that they were a fixed level?

Discuss....

Last edited:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Hmm I liked the Pokemon they offered honestly! They were unique, rare Pokemon that you couldn't normally find in the wild and I think they were fair trades. It wasn't too much of a hassle to get the Pokemon they wanted except for Rotom with Ditto which was worth it in the end! The only problem I would have with them is I didn't really like the nicknames they were provided with.

I honestly didn't use the Pokemon since at the time I had a planned team already and I didn't really have much use for them. However I liked the in-game trade Pokemon in Gen 5 :3!

Pinta77

I think all in game trades are worth it in a way. I mean, it has a special OT/id number that you can't get otherwise. And I mean Cottonee sucks, but so does Petilil. I think the Rotom one is a good trade, and munchlax is decent, but otherwise, they suck.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
I think that trades in general are beneficial to whatever version you may have, for completing the PokeDex and collections sake. Another thing, in Generation 2's GSC, they had the Weekly Lottery in Golden Rod's Radio Tower. Back then doing as much trading as you can possibly can was crucial for the sake of a winning lot, as getting different ID's/OT's to match the Lotto Number would eventually get you a win.
I really have to play through the Generation 5 games to get more of a experience in the world of trading.
When I have time that is. :O

Also, Great Post Jelli! :D

Years
I did try a few of these in-game trades in Black but the only ones worth adding to the Pokedex were the Petilil (which has maxed Sp. Atk IVs and a Modest nature) and also the Rotom and Munchlax. Thankfully I caught myself a spare Cinccino on Route 9 so I could get Munchlax.

I even managed to evolve my Munchlax into a Snorlax.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
The in game trade in B/W were pretty interesting.A Rotom for a Ditto and an Emolga for a Boldore and ofcourse i traded with them.

Years
The Ditto for Rotom trade was a no brainer for me, as I already had 2 (one in my box, the other in the daycare). The Rotom actually turned out to be quite useful, and is one of the best Pokemon on my White team. I just wish some of the names weren't so silly (Minipete?), but at least the Pokemon were decent.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I always do all the in-game trades anyway, but I generally don't expect much. I was honestly pretty impressed with them in this gen though, since they tend to have beneficial natures (Modest on Lillil is perfect - Lax on Minipete not so much so) and have nice stats. I ended up using Lillil in Black, but only to breed, since I wanted Own Tempo. But I managed to get my own Modest out of her, and with her 31 Sp Atk too, in addition to Own Tempo, so she really helped me out.

Evey

Female Red
Years
The Version exclusive ones are just there for the Pokedex, so they are fine.

But the ones if both version are awesome. A rotom for a ditto. Thats good in my book. Judging that a Ditto is only good for breeding, being super cute, and.....................disquises.

Also Munchlax, awesome. However I don't use any of these Pokemon on my Team (Blaze, Vee, Eon, Red) because they are hard to keep up with and have horrible nicknames...

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
I did them but I've yet to get the munchlax lol I'm lazy. I did the others for pokedex sake but I never use traded Pokemon. Not as a rule it just never happens lol. But I did breed minipete to obtain a female emolga (Jilsey) that I love and feel super attached to xD

I did them but I've yet to get the munchlax lol I'm lazy. I did the others for pokedex sake but I never use traded Pokemon. Not as a rule it just never happens lol. But I did breed minipete to obtain a female emolga (Jilsey) that I love and feel super attached to xD

Last edited:
Back